[pnpgm] Game Update #8 - File #84 - First Leg of Trip (why do they call it a leg?)

Julian Draven juliandraven at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 27 00:15:58 CEST 2015

OOC:trying to catch up.here are some bits from everything up to Game Update #8
In Game:Zabyra is a bit overwhelmed by Kell's generosity.  Returning from the markets with so many new articles of clothing seems to have the dancer a bit flustered.  Zabyra began by refusing Kell's gifts, twice, but relented to his offer the third time.  After all, it would be rude to refuse more than twice.  Still, she cannot help wondering if there will be a price that must be paid in the future.

Given time to more properly examine Zabyra's attire, it seems that the armor and the scimitar are dainty, but well-crafted.  Clearly of a culture that values style, the arms and armor are fancifully detailed.  They seem more like costume pieces than proper war attire and you might wonder if they are going to actually withstand combat.

When the remark is made about people introduce themselves, Zabyra does not react.  Perhaps her poor grasp of Marentian failed her?  Perhaps she didn't even hear a request?  If prodded, she will simply say, "Hello, I am Zabyra. Nice to meet you."

At some point it occurs to Zabyra that she will be needing food along the way, and the horse that she has been loaned will need care.  She checks the bags (or saddlebags) on the loaned horse to see if provisions have been provided, if they have not, then, while waiting for the ferry, she says, to Z'leyra, in Rogizini, "Forgive me, but it only now occurs to me that there we will not be dining at a tavern every night. I should buy food."

Zabyra offers to pay the 3 copper coins that is her share of the price of the ferry. If refused, she will offer a 2nd time. Keeping the coins if she is again refused.

When Z'leyra questions Zabyra about language, she replies that Rogizini is her native tongue and that she has picked up some Marentian.