[pnpgm] Game Update #77 - File #292 - Truth Revealed

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Fri Mar 7 05:34:27 CET 2014


   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
      Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #77 in sequence (file #292)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

      Admin Notes: None.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      [Recap]

         [None]

      --------------------------------------------------------------
      [New Stuff]

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Time: 1:45:10 am - Samma city, Donara]

            The air whips past Etain's head and shoulders as he halts
          the horse in a field.  He looks out across the field and sees
          a two story building.  He can feel Fremea's location.  It
          is not exact but she is in that direction.  He dismounts and
          slaps the horse to allow it to go back.  He moves toward
          the eastern side of the building.

            Inside Fremea can hear a slight noise from behind her and
          down the hall she just came from.  Either it is Raban and
          the others or more reinforcements.  If reinforcements come then
          he could be in trapped.

            Upstairs on the second floor Korlic moves away from the
          window over looking the front of the building. To see  a
          large form fly toward the place startled him but not greatly.
          He has seen much in his short life.  Working with the other
          for the greater glory is not something he sought.  But to
          get back to the glorious past.  Then he and his people will
          regain the power they once had.

            Korlic waves toward his friends and moves away toward the
          hall.  Time to meet these interlopers.

            Downstairs Fremea realizes the man running down the hall
          is holding the piece she needs.  She can't fly after it
          since the ceiling is too low.  She could fight her way but
          she is alone and it would take time.  She decides then to
          teleport after the man.  She speaks a few quick words.

            This immediately draws the attention of the humans who
          turn.  "Hey!"  They pick up their picks and move toward
          Fremea.

            But just as the first gets within 2 feet she teleports down
          the hall.  She couldn't estimate how far the man has gone
          as the humans blocked the view.  But it seemed at least 30 feet.
          But when she reaches the new spot she sees the human running a
          good 40 feet away.  She takes to the air and flies after the
          man.

            Raban grabs Z'leyra hearing some voice yell "hey."  He
          raises a hand and points down the hall.  Z'leyra is happy
          to be away from Kiet so that she can wear her necklace again.
          Just as the group moves down the hall Unali hears something
          behind her.

            Unali turns around that is not a normal voice.  But she
          has heard it before a noise like a animal.

            Down the hall the man sees Fremea flying toward her like
          a angel of death.  He pulls a dagger and throws it at her
          but the distance and lack of light is too much and the
          dagger just goes by Fremea.  But the attack stalled Fremea
          long enough to give the man time to turn around a corner
          and disappear.

            Fremea slows and rounds the corner to see stairs to the
          second floor.  She flies up the stairs and looks around.
          Looking left and right.  She can't see the man left but
          she sees him going eastward down the hall.  Fremea grins
          this time a good chase is always good for the blood to
          pump.

            Fremea reaches for her bow but then sees the man turn inside
          a room in the left.  She lands 5 feet from the door and
          draws her dagger again.  Cautiously she nears the door.  A
          foot from the door the man shows up again backing up.

            There is a flicker of light in the room and she can see
          the man holding his chest.  The man turns to Fremea and
          coughs up blood.

            The man staggers toward Fremea reaching a hand out as
          if seeking help.  The man grab's Fremea's arm and spits
          out some blood on the ground.  "He..lied.."  Then he
          collapses to the ground.

            Fremea keeps an eye out on the door a few feet away
          to ensure no one comes out and bends down to check the
          man's body.  Aside form some copper and a dry piece
          of cheese there is no piece.

            Fremea curses and edges around the corner peering inside
          slightly.  She sees a small office with a desk and two
          chairs in front.  A large window is behind the desk but
          it seems to be broken or shattered.  There is no actual
          glass there anymore.

            Behind the desk a large leather chair is turned around
          so its back is facing the door and Fremea.  On the desk
          are some papers and a couple of lit candles.

            "You finally showed up."  A voice is heard behind the
          chair.

            That voice seems oddly familiar.  But Fremea can't
          place it.  Coming full way into the threshold she waits and
          watches.

            The chair swivels around and a form - tiny form - seems
          to be sitting in the chair in the darkness.

            "I must admit.  You helped me find the first two
          pieces." A click is heard as it seems both pieces are
          placed together.  "They say this piece could cause
          storms or such things."

            Fremea inches inside the room to get a better look
          at the form.  "That's far enough.  They said you were
          the Chosen One.  The one to help lead a new age.
          They said you had great potential."

            The form laughs a hoarse chuckle.  Then the form leans form
          and his face is seen.  Fremea gasps as it is a face she knows.
          Those pointy ears the short hair.  The tiny face.  The smirk she
          has seen before she wishes to have removed by her blade.

            Fremea speaks his name before she realizes it. "Varange."

            The Lord Marshall of the Faerry nation.  The highest military
          leader under the Monarchs.  The one who watched her training and
          scowled.  He had at least a decade over her in age.

            "You seem surprised my friend."  He says the last word with
          hard sarcasm.  "You took long enough to come.  After I set up
          the thief to get more of us to draw you near.  Then the painting
          I heard...  Took you so much time.  Where have  you been?"

            Fremea lowers her dagger.  Faerry law is that no Faerry can
          kill another.  It doesn't mean they can't hurt each other.  But
          the Monarchs placed that law in effect a long time ago.  Fremea
          shakes her head only  saving the world from the Vong.  So
          Varange is the actual thief?  Now he has two of the three
          pieces.

            "Don't look so shocked.  Stand tall.  You are the Hand of the
          Monarchs.  You do their dirty deeds.  Or at least you did till
          recently.  Eh?"

            Then Fremea sees it..  Something in the lap of  Varange.  He
          is petting something.

            "This foul beast?  I actually have gotten  a bit used to
          it."  Varange lifts the docile beast to the light and Fremea
          gasps again.  That is Squirt!

            "You might want to try to kill me.  I'm sure I would as
          well.  But as you can see.  I'm a few steps ahead of you.
          When you looked at the painting I found your hotel.  We
          captured the fat human and that ...Elf want to be?  If you do
          anything to me then they might just be killed.  Now stand there
          and be a good listener."

            Downstairs Raban and the others round the corner and see the
          humans. The humans rush the party.

            Upstairs Varange leans back in the chair and pets Squirt who
          purrs.  "I actually need your help.  I'm tired of being second
          mandolin...or is that fiddle?  The human phrases are so stupid..
          Second fiddle to the humans.  They are a plaque to this land and
          I wish the Faerry to have the  glory they once had.  This is
          why I set this whole treasure hunt up.  I could not view that
          blasted painting.  I do have the mark as you do.  But when two
          of us has it they say they must be partners. Legend.  Pathetic.
          What is deep inside the heart blah blah blah."

            'My mark did see things you did as well.  This is how I found
          your inn.  The third piece is far from here.  I know exactly
          where it is. I no longer need you.  But I know that you seek
          your parents. Connections like these is your weakness.  You
          will go to the third piece and help me get it. Then I will take
          you to your parents."

             Fremea boils with anger and steps a foot forward.  This
          ingrate needs to be shown a lesson in connections like that
          with a blade.

             Before Fremea can answer a noise behind her draws her to look
          over her shoulder.  That's when a new form lunges in.  The form
          grabs Fremea and shoves her to the wall nearby.  The form lunges
          for Varange. But this is when Varange with ease throws a dagger
          ight into the chest of the form.

             The form slumps to his knees.  Fremea then sees the form is
          that of Etain!

             "The teacher?"  Varange laughs.  "I saw you in that  house.
          You sobered up?"

             Varange stands and lets Squirt on the table.  He looks to
          Fremea. "I suspect you would love to ask things or just beat me
          down.  but I suspect you have more important things in order.
          Your friends being  captured.  The battle that will be waging
          down stairs and they could use your help."

             Varange hops to the windowsill with agile legs and spreads
          his wings.  "But your teacher there could use help as well.
          Choice is yours.  Come to the Capital.  Go to the Red Inn
          Tavern.  You may want to rush and teleport.  But take your
          time. I can't get to the last piece without your help.   I
          have things to do.  It shouldn't take you but two weeks to
          get to the capital by horse.  I will see you there.  Then I
          can trade your parents for the third piece."

             "With your help on getting the third piece which I do need
          your help.  The alternative...is a bit more drastic."  He leaps
          out flapping his wings.  "That is if you survive the night."

             With that Varange flies off away.  Fremea rushes to the
          window and looks back at Etain.  He has taken a direct hit
          with the dagger in his heart. He has not much time left.

             Fuming Fremea turns around to the fallen Etain.  He may have
          just saved her life.  Who knows what the Marshall had planned
          initially.  Maybe he thought  he was doing good by protecting
          her.  She looks to the outside darkness.  She could chase him
          and get the answers she needs now.  But Etain would surely die
          as he may already be now.  She considers her options just as she
          can hear noises down below like grunting and clanks like sounds
          of battle.

             On the first floor Raban and the gals see the 5 males
          running their way.  A easy fight for them.  If that is to be a
          fight.  But then from the south the hall they just left a roar
          is heard.  A very animal like roar.  Out of the shadows Unali
          is to see the first to appear then another.  Two large male
          Great Apes are charging!  Unali is torn in confusion how  could
          Great Apes be in this building?

             The other two see the Apes charge and know they are now
          between 5 humans and 2 Great Apes.

             Across town Arawn looks at his human.  He just heard the
          warning from inside.  Ozon seems to be killing  the loose
          ends.  That may mean Will and Kell as well as the Faerry.  A
          plan to get rid of evidence is so typical of a thief.

             Fremea stands confused and upset.  Varange was a person
          of honor they said.  He led the Fae with dignity.  Now to
          be betrayed.  She flips the dagger in her hands eager to kill
          something, anything.  Squirt looks at her and purrs.  It
          would be nice to kill it the smelly beast but Kell would be
          upset.  She shakes her head.  First Varange says he no longer
          needs her then, then he says he needs her for the final piece.
          To get her frustration out she silces outward not even looking.
          She slices the lit candle in half and then watches it slowly
          fall in two pieces on the desk.

          [Time: 1:48:10 am - Samma city, Donara]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Monday..

          GM: A good place to stop.  A bit of a possible surprise
              for some new and old players.  If you need to review
              Varange see the file on the website on characters
              of the campaign.  So who guessed it might be him? :)
              Lots of options and things to do.  Fremea you can
              add some replies to the scene if needed.  But the
              scene basically is as above.  You had little time
              to react to him.

              Last Map of hallway updated.
              Mana report updated with spells so far.

          GM: Groups -

              Warehouse of Ozon   - Arawn, Kiet
              Military Center     - Fremea, Corona, Raban, Jordi, Unali
                                    and Z'leyra, Etain
              Inside warehouse    - Will, Kell

          GM: Maps


    * Military Center / Admin Offices/Community Park

      /I\ - North (top/up) (all maps)

      Scale 1 Row    = 100 feet
            1 Column \  50 feet

               1         2         3         4         5
      12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
      --------------------------------------------------
     A                                                 %
     B  %%%%%            Open Field                  %%%
     C      %%                                    %%%%%
     D      %%                                  %%
     E   D  %%     __________\___________     %%%%
     F   e  %%     I                    I     %
     G   n   %     I X - Suspected spot I     %   D
     H   s   %     I                    I     %   e
     I   e   %     I      Military      I     %   n W
     J       %     /                    /     %   s o
     K   w   %     I      Center        I     %   e o
     L   o   %     I      2 stories     I     %     d
     M   o   %     I                    I     %     s
     n   d  %%     I                    I     %
     O   s %%%     I_________/\_________I     %%%%%%
     P %%%%%%                                    %%%%%%
     Q                       ,,,                   %%%%
     R                       (*)                    %%%
     S                                   Road to  #####
     T                                    city -> #####
     U                   Open Field
     V
     W                                       Party > P
     X
     Y--------------------------------------------------
               1         2         3         4         5
      12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890


     Legend
     %    - Trees
     / /\ - Doors
     (*)  - Fountain
     ,,,  - Flagpole/Monument
     ###  - Road east toward city
     X    - Suspected piece buried under ground
     P    - Party looking at building in darkness.

    The building is about 1000 feet by 1000 feet both floors.
    The fields go north and south half a mile for fun and
    parties.  No trees no bushes just flat open field.  This
    is a recon based on Unali's and Fremea's aerial view.

         * Ozon's warehouse

    Scale 1 Row    - 50 feet
          1 Column - 50 feet

              1        2
     123456789012345679012
    A
    B     ]  I     I
    C  1  ]  I     I ____
    D     ]  I  S  I [
    E_____]  I  t  I [ X
    F        I  r  I [
    G______  I  e  I [___
    H     I  I  e  I  X
    I     I  I  t  I
    J  2  I  I     I ____
    K     I  I     I I
    L     I  I     I I 3
    M     I  I     I I

     1, 2, 3 - Dark warehouses
     X - Ozon's two story warehouse
     1, 2 - 1 story
     3 - 2 stories
     X - Arawn, Kiet  H19

     The street is dotted by many other dark warehouses.
     Ozon's seems to be the only one occupied.

     * Ozon'a warehouse

       Scale - 1 Row    = 10 feet  300' x 200'
               1 Column = 10 feet

         First floor
                     1         2         3
            123456789012345678901234567890
            ______________________________
            I @@@@@@    o o o o ,,,    ooI A   / - Door
            I @*  *@   O4               oI B   , - Stairs up
            I @    @                    oI C   @ - Table/work area
            I           ##  ##  ##  ##   I D   : - Wooden cage
            /     1     ##  ## 2##  ##   / E   * - Chair
            I           ##  ##  ##  ##   I F   # - Crates
            I                            I G   o - Barrels
            I      ____   ____   ____    I H   $ - Wagon/horses
            I      :  :   :KW:   :  :    I I   1-4 Men
            I______:__:___:__:___:__:____I J   O - Ozon
                 A E                           K, W - Kell, Will
                 G               $$$           E-Kiet, A-Arawn
                                 $$$           G-gatekeeper

         Second floor
                     1         2         3
            123456789012345678901234567890
            ______________________________
            I  _____   o o o    ,,,      I A   , - Stairs down
            I  :F F:                     I B   / - Door
            I  :___:   @@@               I C   * - Chair
            I  :F F:  5@@@               I D   # - Desk/table
            I  :___:        6    ____/___I E   @ - Crates
            I  :F  :             I *     I F   o - Barrels
            I  : F :             I     * I G   : - Metal cages
            I  :__F:             I###    I H   5-6 - Males
            I                    I *#  * I I   F - Faerry
            I____________________I_______I J


     As always view maps online if it is messed up in email.


   * Military Center hallway section

                            Room of
                             light
       ________/_______________/__________________
/  \__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/A  / - Door
\__/  I__/  \__U R\__/  \1_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \B  _ - Wall
/  \__I  \__/  \Z_/  \__/  \__4  \__/  \__/  \__/C  I - Wall
\__/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__3  \__/  \__/  \__/  \D
/  \__I A\__/  \__/  \__1  \5_/  \__/  \__/  \__/E  /I\ - North
\__/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \F  1 Hex = 10 feet
/  \__I  \__B ________________/__________________G  1 Row - 5 feet
       I       I                                     1 Column  - 5 feet
          1         2         3         4         5  1=5 = 5 ji,ams
12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

     Light shines from door on column 30  Shines in a cone arc
     toward the south up to about column 24 and 36.  So all
     humans are in the light but Fremea is not.

     R - Raban      [B18]      1-5 - Male Humans
     Z - Z'leyra    [C17]
     U - Unali      [B16]
     A - Great Ape  [E9 ]
     B - Great Ape  [G13]

    As always use website if maps mess up or ask.






More information about the pnpgm mailing list