[pnpgm] Game Update #76 - File #291 - Loose ends

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Mar 4 04:43:42 CET 2014


   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Game Web Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
      Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #76 in sequence (file #291)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

      Admin Notes: None.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------
      [Recap]

         From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
           Still pissed about letting the thief get away, she...

           "I will fly up and go more towards the corner that I...
         GM: Ack.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           OOC:

           Right now Arawn's focus is on the bouncer. As to the
           warehouse/rescue, I have a few ideas in mind but as I'm
           not sure how the fight with the bouncer will play out it's
           hard for me to determine the next course of action. After
           it's resolved it will be easier for me to form and discuss
           with Kiet a solid plan.

           Are there windows on the upper floor? If so, are they also
           boarded up?

           Public:

           Knowing that Kiet's night-vision isn't on par with....

           "We can use him," he quietly informs Kiet as he begins...
         GM: Ack.  Windows upstairs but shuttered.  Does not seem to
             be hard boarded as first floor windows.

      --------------------------------------------------------------
      [New Stuff]

          [Sepes 29th, 1634TH]
          [Location: City of Samma, Donara]

          [Time: Earlier this evening - Tavern]

            Will and Kell sit on opposite beds across the room staring
          at each other.  Will continues to pet his wolf who is on the
          ground, knowing his wounds from that wolf have yet to be truly
          healed.  Kell watches the wolf and hums a Baru song to calm
          his nerves.  Squirt in his arms purrs a bit from the soothing
          hand strokes on his back.

            Will has been very quiet of late and barely responds.  For
          Kell his quietness is different.  But he is coming back to
          his own.  He can't believe Fremea didn't ask him to joint them?
          Just assumed he - no they - should be left behind.

            Both men can feel the fatigue.  it is well over midnight
          but both were affected by the attack by the strange item
          piece by Squirt and the wolf.  Maybe this is why they
          were not invited?

            Kell considers just lying down and getting some rest
          when the wolf perks up.  He looks to the door behind him
          and begins to growl.  Probably some cat.

            But then Squirt facing the window perks up and begins
          to chitter in his odd voice.  Will realizes something is
          up and reaches for his sword.  But at that instant the
          window breaks.  Something is seen tossed inside to the
          ground.  On the second floor the person must be a good
          climber or a good thrower.

            Before Kell can reach for the item the door bursts open
          from it being kicked inward.  Two other objects are tossed
          inside form the hall.  Both Kell and Will stand to check
          the hall.  But as they do the objects explode in a soft
          hiss.  A burst of green and white gas is shot out in every
          direction.

            The wolf lunges toward the door just as Squirt now on
          the ground collapses.

            Will reaches the door just in time to see at least three
          men standing away from the door.  Just as Kell reaches for
          his spear he also collapses to the ground.

            Being a larger man Will exits the room and swings at the
          first man but one of his friends thrusts a vial toward the
          woodsman and it shoots out more gas directly in Will's face.

            Will collapses to the ground just he tries a wild swing
          and fails.

            The leader of the men gestures inside.  "Get them to
          the wagon.  Leave the animals or kill them."

            Another man speaks up, "he won't like that.  You know
         how he is...toward animals."

            "Fine.  You carry the wolf to the wagon.  This large
          one will be hard enough taking him down.  It will take
          about two maybe three of us.  Let's move.  The others
          could return."

            From outside the fourth man enters the tavern.  Together
          they haul the captives toward the wagon to take to the
          warehouse.  They argue that Ozon won't like this but the
          other one and his friend have their plans.  They debate
          leaving before the other two that are controlling Ozon
          kill them.  But in the end they walk right past the
          deaf bar tender.  He must be dead and blind to not see
          what happens.  But he ignores it as if this thing happens
          all the time.  Course the gold in his pocket also deludes
          his vision.

                                         -------------

          [Time: 1:45:10 am - Samma city, Donara]

            Southeast of the Military Center the group watches
          in silence.  Jordi explains he saw some shadows on
          the second floor window above the front door.  If
          it was a person they are likely watching that side
          of the place.  Jordi watches Fremea testing her resolve
          as leader it seems she is being tested.

            Still pissed about letting the thief get away, she stares
          at the building. Wondering if the one other person/thing is
          inside right now, or if there is something else going on.
          Turning to the other, Fremea gives some orders.

            "I will fly up and go more towards the corner that I
          remembered it being at. If it takes more than 10 minutes,
          rough guess, someone might want to check on me." She winks
          to Raban, and the flies up, so she could not be seen from a
          window.

            Flying overhead Corona circles the area in a wide arc
          watching but not interfering for now.

            Back at the warehouse the door guarding charges with
          knife in hand.

            Knowing that Kiet's night-vision isn't on par with the
          Sidh and being able to see the dagger Arawn will keep with
          his plan to move between the two men, hoping to shield Kiet
          from a potential knife strike.

            "We can use him," he quietly informs Kiet as he begins to
          call upon his magical abilities.

            Arawn steps between the bouncer and Kiet.  He raises his
          shield ready to block.   He begins to murmur a few magical
          words in a low whisper.  As the bouncer charges he swings
          his knife but Arawn blocks it easily with his shield.

            Kiet steps back toward the wall and raises his own shield.
          Not knowing why this crazy bouncer is after him surely the
          man might be happy to find new work.

            The bouncer stands tall and swings at Arawn's head but
          the Elf ducks behind his shield and the knife finds only
          empty air.

            In leaning toward Arawn, the bouncer's feet is spread
          apart.  This is when Arawn does a side sweeping kick and
          knocks the man down to the ground.

            Arawn reaches out which his free hand and flexes his
          fingers as he finishes the spell.  Both Elf and bouncer
          look at each other as the bouncer stands.  The bouncer
          swings the knife.  But in mid arc the bouncer's arm goes
          limp and falls to his side.

            The bouncer stands with arms at his side and stares
          at the Elf.  Arawn smiles as Kiet join along with him
          and wonders what is going on.

            Back at the Military Center Fremea flies toward the
          building before anyone can speak.

            Jordi watches the Faerry fly away.  "She is your leader?
          A bit disorganized. What about you guys?"

            Raban realizes she said to wait and see.  But he grits
          his teeth.  He can't do that.  No telling what is all
          inside.  He yanks Z'leyra by her collar toward him then
          wraps one hand around the side of Unali.  "I'm not
          waiting...Join if you can."

            Raban grabs both women with giant arms and hands
          and begins to run with them in his arms.  Taking
          a few running steps he leaps into the air and flies
          toward the building.

            Jordi drops his jaw.  "That you don't see everyday."
          Shaking his head wondering what this large man is since
          he doesn't seem to be human.

            Flying in the darkness, Fremea can sense dread all
          around her.  Something big is going on not just here.
          It is as if running from the past has caught up with
          her full circle.  She has doubts about seeing her parent
          sever again.  This mission to collect foolish pieces
          is distracting her form that goal.

            Fremea knows the vision had the piece in the north west
          corner.  Based on where they came she orients herself
          and finds that area.  She hovers on the west side of
          the building looking at the dark windows.  They are
          thick windows making breaking not as easy but would
          definitely alert others of her coming.  The door is
          her best bet.  She lands at the door (J13).  Peering
          inside she sees only darkness.

            The door is a glass door and she inspects the lock.
          She can pick locks but her tools are not here.  If only
          she had that gem of Arawn's.  Biting her lip she considers
          the window again.  She reaches for the lock to see how
          hard it is but then feels the door shift.  Looking
          closer she finds the lock has been already picked.
          Smiling she pulls the door open and enters.

            Back at the military center Fremea eases inside.  She
          finds a long dark hallway leading east into total darkness
          that the lanterns outside do not show.  She pulls her
          dagger and moves silently but with purpose.

            Soon she reaches a three way.  The hallway continues
          east.  Left and right toward new sections of the building.
          She figures the north west is to the left so moves that
          way.  As she moves she can hear bits of noise that she
          sounds like scratches.  She passed closed doors but the
          noise seems to continue northward.

            "Turn around slowly."  A low voice from behind
          Fremea sounds out.

            Fremea cringes and curses to be followed or even
          be seen.  At least she has her wings folded.  She
          places her dagger in her sleeve and notices a flicker
          on the wall to the right.  The man must be holding
          a candle.

            Fremea slowly turns to find a tall human about 5 feet
          away.  From the look of his tunic he is not in uniform
          so not a guard.  Fremea lowers her head and begins to
          whimper as if confused and lost.

            "You don't belong here."   That's it Fremea watches
          as the flicker of the candle nears. A bit closer.

            "In fact the boss will see to you-"

            That's it.  If a boss that tends to denote a criminal.
          Most humans don't slur their superiors that often.  But
          criminals do not care.  The man gets within reach and]
          Fremea turns around.  The man reaches for her shoulder
          and that's when Fremea twirls and does a side kick to
          his chest.  The man staggers backward and gasps for
          air.  The man pulls his sword up for a wild swing but
          Fremea ducks under the blow.  Charging with her shoulder
          she rams the man.  She isn't certain this is not some
          night guard so she decides not to kill him for now.  She
          slams the man against the wall.

            Fremea steps back a few paces then does a high
          kick to knock the man against the wall knocking
          him out.

            Fremea turns to the noise down the hall.  She
          moves down further and finds it turning to the right
          back to the east.  This time she light from one possible
          room about 30 feet away.  She moves toward the light
          and ears muttering and grunts.  She hears clinks like
          steel on stone.  It sounds like hacking of stone like -
          like digging up stone.

            About 15 feet toward the light a voice is heard.

            "I found it!"

            "Get it to him now!"  Another voice.

            Fremea sees some human leave the room and being
          running eastward down the hall not even seeing Fremea.

            Fremea gets within 5 feet when move forms exit
          the room.  At least 5 humans enter the hallway
          blocking the way down the hallway.  The men are
          dusty and dirty and drop picks onto the ground
          and dust off their clothing.  They don't seem to
          see Fremea yet.  "Three hours finding that stupid
          piece of junk.  Better be worth it."  One of the
          men says.    Fremea can see the men are wearing
          light clothing with swords and some daggers.

            Fremea curses that it might be again too late. They
          must've just dug up the piece.  But if the other one
          running down the hallway away from her gets away. She
          can't just fly over them the ceiling is too late.

            Outside Raban lands feet away from the west door
          that Fremea entered.

            Back at the warehouse Kiet begins to form a magical
          mana sphere as he casts a sending spell.  Using his
          hands to construct the sphere he casts the spell.  he
          then projects the message to it and sends it hopefully
          toward Unali. "Ozon has captured Will and Kell. Other
          faerry too.  Come quick. help."

            Kiet knows the sphere is slow a man could ride faster
          than it on a horse.  But for now it will do.  If not
          get to the others eventually.

            Back at the military center Raban and the others look
          around.  They see the open door and figure this is
          where Fremea went.  They hope.  Raban leads the way
          inside but then Z'leyra helps to guide in the darkness.

            Back at the warehouse Arawn studies the bouncer.  The
          alley is dark.  As he watches the fascinated man he
          sees glimpses of flash in the south.  He watches some
          more and realizes it looks like lightning.  Maybe the
          Donaran's called a wizard to douse out the fire with
          a storm?

            As Arawn turns to Kiet to decide on a plan both men
          hear yelling inside.

            "...I said kill them all.  Then burn it down....too
          hot for things now..."  Then the voice fades.  Arawn
          with his keen ears realizes that is Ozon speaking.

          [Time: 1:49:12 am - Samma city, Donara]

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Friday...

          GM: Finally.  The update is out.  A good place to stop
              for things to continue.  One of the players is moving
              so a bit busy this week so a combat might give time
              for things to settle down for him.  Added a simple
              hallway map below.  Will try to update the mana
              report tomorrow.  Tired for now after a long day
              at work.

          GM: Groups -

              Warehouse of Ozon   - Arawn, Kiet
              Military Center     - Fremea, Corona, Raban, Jordi, Unali
                                    and Z'leyra.
              Somewhere           - Etain
              Inside warehouse    - Will, Kell

          GM: Maps


    * Military Center / Admin Offices/Community Park

      /I\ - North (top/up) (all maps)

      Scale 1 Row    = 100 feet
            1 Column \  50 feet

               1         2         3         4         5
      12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
      --------------------------------------------------
     A                                                 %
     B  %%%%%            Open Field                  %%%
     C      %%                                    %%%%%
     D      %%                                  %%
     E   D  %%     __________\___________     %%%%
     F   e  %%     I                    I     %
     G   n   %     I X - Suspected spot I     %   D
     H   s   %     I                    I     %   e
     I   e   %     I      Military      I     %   n W
     J       %     /                    /     %   s o
     K   w   %     I      Center        I     %   e o
     L   o   %     I      2 stories     I     %     d
     M   o   %     I                    I     %     s
     n   d  %%     I                    I     %
     O   s %%%     I_________/\_________I     %%%%%%
     P %%%%%%                                    %%%%%%
     Q                       ,,,                   %%%%
     R                       (*)                    %%%
     S                                   Road to  #####
     T                                    city -> #####
     U                   Open Field
     V
     W                                       Party > P
     X
     Y--------------------------------------------------
               1         2         3         4         5
      12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890


     Legend
     %    - Trees
     / /\ - Doors
     (*)  - Fountain
     ,,,  - Flagpole/Monument
     ###  - Road east toward city
     X    - Suspected piece buried under ground
     P    - Party looking at building in darkness.

    The building is about 1000 feet by 1000 feet both floors.
    The fields go north and south half a mile for fun and
    parties.  No trees no bushes just flat open field.  This
    is a recon based on Unali's and Fremea's aerial view.

         * Ozon's warehouse

    Scale 1 Row    - 50 feet
          1 Column - 50 feet

              1        2
     123456789012345679012
    A
    B     ]  I     I
    C  1  ]  I     I ____
    D     ]  I  S  I [
    E_____]  I  t  I [ X
    F        I  r  I [
    G______  I  e  I [___
    H     I  I  e  I  X
    I     I  I  t  I
    J  2  I  I     I ____
    K     I  I     I I
    L     I  I     I I 3
    M     I  I     I I

     1, 2, 3 - Dark warehouses
     X - Ozon's two story warehouse
     1, 2 - 1 story
     3 - 2 stories
     X - Arawn, Kiet  H19

     The street is dotted by many other dark warehouses.
     Ozon's seems to be the only one occupied.

     * Ozon'a warehouse

       Scale - 1 Row    = 10 feet  300' x 200'
               1 Column = 10 feet

         First floor
                     1         2         3
            123456789012345678901234567890
            ______________________________
            I @@@@@@    o o o o ,,,    ooI A   / - Door
            I @*  *@   O4               oI B   , - Stairs up
            I @    @                    oI C   @ - Table/work area
            I           ##  ##  ##  ##   I D   : - Wooden cage
            /     1     ##  ## 2##  ##   / E   * - Chair
            I           ##  ##  ##  ##   I F   # - Crates
            I                            I G   o - Barrels
            I      ____   ____   ____    I H   $ - Wagon/horses
            I      :  :   :KW:   :  :    I I   1-4 Men
            I______:__:___:__:___:__:____I J   O - Ozon
                 A E                           K, W - Kell, Will
                 G               $$$           E-Kiet, A-Arawn
                                 $$$           G-gatekeeper

         Second floor
                     1         2         3
            123456789012345678901234567890
            ______________________________
            I  _____   o o o    ,,,      I A   , - Stairs down
            I  :F F:                     I B   / - Door
            I  :___:   @@@               I C   * - Chair
            I  :F F:  5@@@               I D   # - Desk/table
            I  :___:        6    ____/___I E   @ - Crates
            I  :F  :             I *     I F   o - Barrels
            I  : F :             I     * I G   : - Metal cages
            I  :__F:             I###    I H   5-6 - Males
            I                    I *#  * I I   F - Faerry
            I____________________I_______I J


     As always view maps online if it is messed up in email.


   * Military Center hallway section

                            Room of
                             light
       ________/_______________/__________________
/  \__I  \__/  \__/  \F_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/A  / - Door
\__/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ 1\__/  \__/  \__/  \B  _ - Wall
/  \__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  4__/  \__/  \__/C  I - Wall
\__/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  1__/  \__/  \__/  \D
/  \__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \1_/ 5\__/  \__/  \__/E  /I\ - North
\__/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \F  1 Hex = 10 feet
/  \__I  \__/ ________________/__________________G  1 Row - 5 feet
       I       I                                     1 Column  - 5 feet
          1         2         3         4         5  1=5 = 5 ji,ams
12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

     F - Fremea    Raban/Unali/Z'leyra south down left hallway
     Light shines from door on column 30  Shines in a cone arc
     toward the south up to about column 24 and 36.  So all
     humans are in the light but Fremea is not.


As always use website if maps mess up





More information about the pnpgm mailing list