[pnpgm] Game Update #92 - File #352 - Tasks begin...targets acquired

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sun Jul 6 02:38:29 CEST 2014

   HT Aliaver/Player    DS    Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight.......HY..Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar .. Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom....YY..Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry.. Fe
   R3.Mark Murtha.......HN..Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human....Ma
   R1.David Sanders.....HN..Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  ..Ma
   R4.J H Hooten........YN..Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human....Ma
   W4.Wout Broere.......YY..Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  ..Fe
   R1 John.Stowman......YN..Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human....Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen......YY..Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  ..Fe
   -- Npc...............YY..Etain.............Teacher.Normal/Elf......Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Squirt (Ferret) Kell, Wolf - Will

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #92 in sequence (file #352)

         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
           Kiet is a little curious about his assigned role.  Reading
           through scrolls for which he knows not the language.  Still,
           Kiet understands that it's Fremea's party.  Besides, Kiet
           feels he could stand a good rest after that damned warehouse
           debacle.  Profitable and satisfying though it was.

           The sheer volume of gems really gets Kiet's interest.
           Carefully selected, these could be made into some interesting
           jewelry.  Also, it might provide a way to reduce the bulk of
           carrying certain coinage.. besides...gems are nearly universal
           currency.

           Looking at the gems with Z'leyra, Kiet says "You know, ...
         GM: Ack. Initially forgot you don't read it.  But I do have
             a method to my madness.  See below for your task.  They
             are universal (gems) which is why Bogan used them.  Being
             a fence as well he could use them as payment for coins if
             the dead beat guy couldn't pay his debts.  Let's face it
             the common gambler would underestimate gems while Bogan and
             his staff would NOT.  So they could cheat the folks that
             way as well.  If seems a lot but it is based on the quality
             not the quantity.  I'm sure many are flawed and cheapo
             ones not a king's gem mine.  So share in Gems you really need
             me to post all the info on each item?  I can do that but it
             will take up some room.   So theres what? 180 gems or so?
             If I do 2 per line or even 3 info bits per line it would be
             60 lines of just that info.  I can do it you need to. If you
             want to separate certain aspects of gems I can do that like
             keep all cloudy fine clarity X gems or such.  Let me know.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           Gems:

           I see a list for distribution - how did we come to this? And
           is this temporary or permanent distribution?

           Were we going with Fremea's suggestions? Or by Player interest?
           (Asking as the former would have Arawn paired with the Ruby,
           the latter with the Tourmaline (he has little to no interest in
           the Turquoise))

           Studying the Scrolls:

           As Z'leyra and Kiet are unable to read Donaron it would make
           sense for at least one of them to switch roles with another PC
           who is able to read Donaran.

           Who in the party is able to read Donaran?

           If no one is capable of it I believe Arawn can do so and is
           willing to switch roles with Z'leyra as she's a trained
           Herbalist and if she's willing to look for information on the
           Moon Gort in the meanwhile.
         GM: Ack.  Gems were selected by folks in their posts.  If
             not claimed then the simple non magical one swill be grouped
             up together.  Calculated a price.  Sold.  Then final profit
             divided up equally unless stated otherwise.  I can't control
             anything beyond that.  As to roles this is why I spent two
             weeks on this and even gave a few extra days to see if
             changes were made.  None posted until I did this update
             where it was already defined and finished (yes I finished
             this update then the posts came in - sigh).  There is a
             reason why they can still do their tasks.  See below they
             now have a option to do other stuff.  It would not just
             be reading all day.  Sigh.  You now want to switch after
             I typed up the update.  Hmmm...

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           [Having looked up the Donaran language in the Perilous Lands
           Culture Book I find that Salaqi is considered a dialect of
           Donaran. The linguistic family of Ced for Salaqi and linguistic
           family of Thaliban for Donaran. Marentian is another of the
           Thaliban languages and Salaqi is associated.]

           While she is fully proficient at speaking Donaran, Z'leyra has
           to work at deciphering the Donaran scrolls using her mastery of
           Salaqi and Marentian scripts to work out the Thaliban base
           roots of many of the words.

           Gems are valuable rocks. Jewels are gems that have been cut
           and polished and are twice the value. Jewelry is a jewel that
           is set as part of an ornate piece and again doubles the value.
           Z'leyra knows that she is a master jeweler and suspects that
           some others in the party are as well.

           "Yes Kiet, nearly all these gems optimally should be made ...
         GM: Ack.  Correct you could read the scrolls.  I forgot about
             Salaqi.  You could act dumb and proof his work like Kiet
             suggests.  But I kept the below as not able to read since
             I did that BEFORE this post came out.  As to gems the bottom
             list can't be enhanced those are not the perfect ones.  So
             this is just cheap rocks.

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           Assuming Z'leyra is comfortable working alongside Etain to
           study the scrolls Arawn can return to the original task of
           hunting down the Moon Gort. But if she prefers hunting for
           plants let me know:)
         GM: Ack.  Whew.  Ok.   no major rewrites then.  This is why I
             gave time to switch tasks awhile back. :)