[pnpgm] Game Update #249 - File #1496 - Voids here then Voided

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Fri Sep 14 08:44:20 CEST 2012

   HT Aliaver/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
   R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
   ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
   R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
   W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
   W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
   --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
   R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
   R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
   R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
   W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
   W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
   R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
   R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
   R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
      NPC...................Captain.Lin.......Warrior.Normal/Human..Ma
      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

      Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

      Game Update #249 in sequence (file #1496]

         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
           Suddenly aware of the voids Arawn looks away for a bit, staring
           at one of the distant caves he stepped up to pull on Unali's
           arm and pointing down to one of the caves below.

           "Try not to react but about a hundred paces ahead of us is...
         GM: Ack.

         From Kell: [Re: Actions]
           Kell listens to this, cocks his head to the side and slyly
           remarks,  "We need some paint to throw on them."  Gesturing...

          [Augado 10th, 1634TH]
          [Location: Middle Katai Plains]
          [          Mountains west of Pamau]

          [Time: 3:15:07pm]

            Arawn watches the motionless Voids ahead of the group.  He
          figures they are just waiting for the group to get closer
          to pounce.

            Suddenly aware of the voids Arawn looks away for a bit, staring
          at one of the distant caves he stepped up to pull on Unali's arm
          and pointing down to one of the caves below.

            "Try not to react but about a hundred paces ahead of us is a
          void area, likely a small group of Vong or their constructs,
          maybe covering a ten by ten space," he said to the party in voice
          quiet enough to hopefully avoid being heard by any Vong in the
          voided area. As he spoke he continued to gesture with his hand
          in the direction of the caves the group had yet to explore.

            Kell listens to this, cocks his head to the side and slyly
          remarks, "We need some paint to throw on them."  Gesturing at
          the caves also in response to Arawn.

            "I can calmly walk to them and use my whirlwind.  Throw some
          off the walkway or kill them," he offers.  "Raban can merely
          push them all off. Caladan, can your wind blow them off?"
          Concerned for time, Kell urges speed with whatever we do.

            Caladan calmly reaches for his back strap ready to use
          his crossbow.  If there are a small group of Vong the
          group of 5 with archery weapons could get them before
          they reach the group. At the very least they could take
          out two full warriors with luck. But Caladan using his
          side vision can't see anything so has no idea on their
          numbers.  Chances of firing on invisible foes is slim
          to impossible.  Even if they are on the balcony the
          group might take out 2 just out of the odds.  But what
          if there are dozen more?  Caladan decides Kell's plan
          might work better.  Looking at Kell he nods.  "I can
          affect them at this distance."

            Kell raises an eyebrow that his wind spell could
          affect targets at 100 feet.  Kell nods as if to
          agree with some comment Arawn is making.

            Raban seems to understand the odds of firing even
          his giant bow.  He was hoping to at least use it once
          in this battle.  But he might only get two shots off
          before in melee range.  The Giant turns to become
          behind Kell and places both head sized hands onto
          his shoulders.  Kell shivers a bit under the very
          creepy touch.  "Get ready for the spell."

          [Time: 3:15:23pm]

            Then without warning Raban reaches under the half-elf's
          armpits and yanks Kell off his feet.  With three running
          steps he leaps up into the air.  Kell's stomach rolls and
          he instinctively grabs for Squirt.  But it seems when
          Raban got close Squirt decided the looming thing over him
          was something to avoid and skirted off.

            It takes a couple seconds before Kell realizes the
          Bard's plan.  It seems to drop into the middle of the
          group and let the spell go.  Of course if it fails that
          could mean Kell's death.  At least the Raban could fight
          the entire group on before death.  While in a tight bear
          hug, Kell builds the energy for the desert power.

            At that time Caladan raises his hand and speaks the
          power of the earth and brings up a gust of wind that
          shoots from his right hand.  It slams into the wall actually
          to the right of the voids 100 feet away.  But Caladan meant
          to do that as the rock wall is full of sand, rocks and
          debris.  This blast of wind causes the debris to fly in
          every direction.  then Caladan turns left toward the center
          of the walkway where the voids are reported to be.  By
          doing so the cloud of rocks and debris shift in that same
          direction.

            From the left of the balcony Fremea can feel the sudden
          gust of wind a bit forward but with his fast speed it only
          diminishes her at half speed.  Course if it was more powerful
          she could fall.

            Raban estimates the distance at 100 feet and lands onto
          the balcony.  He releases Kell to cast the spell but with
          his immense strength the speed reduction from the wind doesn't
          even affect him at all.  Kell on the other hand is almost
          motionless.  He can only flex his hands and divert his head
          as the gust of wind knocks his breath out.

            Fremea ready to fire her bow sees Raban and Kell land.
          Unsure what the plan is she aims at one of the Voids and
          fires.  The arrow hits the warrior in the middle right ribs
          doing 4 points.

            Kell turning his head to the west speaks the words to
          cast the Whirlwind.  Using the rock, sand and debris from
          the rock wall the whirlwind funnel shoots out 5 feet around
          the trader.  Kell now at close range can also see the
          voids as they are point blank.  The images of the voids seem
          to be sandy blurs of heat in the desert against the white
          balcony.  His senses aren't as good as the other Sidh but
          knows at this range it can detect 4 voids around him.  One
          such void (#4) takes 10 points from the damage of the whirlwind.

            Raban however can't see any of the voids.  But now that the
          blanket of dust and sand seems to swirling around it does
          create a cloud around a few of the voids.  He grabs Void #5
          and simply pulls the warrior up over his head and rushes to
          the railing.  He grunts and throws the warrior over the side
          to fall to his feet 1000 feet to the ground.

            Those in the group figure surprise is over and rush toward
          the two allies.  All except Caladan who has to hold the wind
          spell going.

          [Time: 3:15:26pm]

            Fremea fires another arrow at the same Void but the wind
          is so strong it slaps the arrow and flings it to the side
          to fall to the ground far below.

            Kell tries to move his legs to get toward another of the
          Voids but the wind is so strong he can't move.  But the
          spell continues to affect the one nearby and takes another 8
          points of damage.

            Raban not affected by the winds figures if he can find
          another he can do the same.  But in the first second he
          decides to do a dance.  Being trained as a dancer he begins
          to twirl around like a human whirlwind.  As he does he bumps
          against a shoulder of one of the warriors and grabs him.
          He quickly does the same by pushing the warrior against the
          railing and shoving him over.

            The group thought they were moving toward the enemy but
          the wind sell hits them as well and they are abruptly
          running in place.

          [Time: 3:15:29pm]

            Fremea holds off for now as firing into the wind is like
          what those guys do for fun seeing if their waste will fly
          faster than the wind.  Humans can be so disgusting.

            Kell suddenly feels the wind end as the duration of
          the spell ends or he stop it.  This allows Kell to move
          toward the Void he damaged previously.   The Warrior takes
          another 11 points of damage.

            Raban sees the wind circle around something near Kell and
          he risks it by entering the vortex.  His armor protects him
          but he grabs the wounded warrior and slams his elbow into
          his back killing the wounded warrior.

            With three dead and one lightly wounded the Vong warriors
          charge forward as they can now move.  Two swing their
          amphistaves at Raban hitting him the back and side.  But
          his armor protects him.  The third tries to charge Kell
          but upon hitting the vortex the warrior is tossed back a
          few feet.

            Finally with no wind the party run toward the fight.

          [Time: 3:15:32pm]

            Fremea notices the wind is gone so fires her bow again at
          the lightly wounded Warrior.  But the arrow goes too far to
          the side and misses him.

            Kell moves toward one of the voids, happy to finally move
          again.  The vortex slams the warrior against the north railing
          doing 11 points of damage.

            Raban hears the grunt of the warrior and reaches for him in
          the open air.  But his hand slips and the warrior slips away
          from his grip.

            Two of the warriors attack Raban but both fail to hit him
          as he weaves grabbing the other warrior.

            The third Vong slammed by the vortex raises his hand to block
          the debris.  Unsure what kind of vile magic this human is doing
          he is unsure to attack or not.

          [Time: 3:15:35pm]

            Fremea fires at one of the wounded warriors and hits but his
          crab armor deflects the arrow making it land onto the balcony.

            Kell moves forward chasing the one he just slammed against
          the railing and wounding him again with 10 more points of damage.

            Raban grabs one of the arms of the invisible warriors and
          using this as leverage grabs his side and hefts him up over
          his head again.  He then rushes the south railing and throws
          the warrior over the side to fall to his death.

            About 20 feet behind the group Arawn can see there are only
          two voids left it seems.  The others continue to run toward
          the fight in action.

          [Time: 3:15:38pm]

            Fremea fires at one of the warriors hitting him in the
          left middle ribs doing only a couple points with the arrow.

            Kell moves after the one he is after again and slams the
          warrior to the ground with the vortex.  Kell can't really
          see the expression of the warrior but notices the warrior
          seems a bit near death.

            Raban moves toward one with a strange arrow floating in
          the air.  Raban figures this must be one of the Vong.  Thanks
          to the sidh arrow he grabs the Vong and simply turns him around.
          Twisting he shoves and pushes the warrior up and over the side
          of the railing.  As he does so his large boots steps on the
          one on the ground Kell knocked down.  The warrior doesn't even
          grunt as his hand is crushed under the weight.  This final
          damage kills the Vong warrior.

            Kell moves away as he notices the group running up.  Might
          not be wise to wound his allies.  Arawn looks around but sees
          no other voids.  The one on the ground he cautiously checks
          to see if he had as pulse.  In fact he doesn't.  Reaching
          up he taps the nose of the Vong.  Nom Amor had that Masker
          creature there and made him look like something else.  Sure
          enough after the hard tap the creature rolls off and seems
          to evaporate into a blob of green goo.  Around the Vong
          the creature's "body" dissolves and reveals the warrior
          in full sight.

            Farseeker waves his hand forward, "let's move.  Arawn
          and Fremea scout with your eyes.  Kell move point forward
          until your spell ends."

            Ben'dar grumbles that no enemy were left for him to kill.

          [Time: 3:16:00pm]

            The party reaches the far west wall end of the stairs.
          Unali looks back to the east side.  The alcove there for the
          stairwell is a bit dark.  She hopes the two free prisoners are
          settled and doing good.

            Knowing that 300 feet of steps to descend Unali waves the
          group down the stairs.

          [Time: 3:17:40pm]

            The group ends up about 10 feet above the first of the caves
          on this side of the cavern.

          Actions? Comments?

          Next Update....Monday...

          GM: Darn spells didn't get chance to even allow the Vong
              to do their ambush.  Bad party!  Where is my newspaper.

              By time the party got there was nothing else to fight.
              The group is right above the cave.  If there is any
              last minute orders or change of plans do so before next
              update.  There are three coves and only about 13-15
              minutes left for the brain spell.

              If you want to plan dialogue for the time to move down
              the stairs you will have 1 minute and 46 seconds.  This
              is the time I figure it takes to move down and across
              the rest of the walkway.  No.  That's not much for
              a long speech so if longer it will delay the time.

              Shoot wanted to do a couple scenes for the group with
              Zhou but ran out of time.  Will work on it Monday I
              guess.  Mana report not updated yet for the spell
              and experience.

              Map updated with current position.

          GM: Fremea - Reminder you are down to 13 arrows (regular
                non dedicated and elvish arrows).

              Kell - Good plan.  Darn it.  Maybe a Shaper can block
                that darn Mana sense sense.  Hmmm.  Anyways, I didn't
                see a EL so assumed a EL0 for the spell.  Your spell
                is still active.  You will have if my math is correct
                8 seconds left of the spell.  But you can't get within
                5 feet of any others in your group.

          GM: Spells active

              Will      - Armor Transmutation, Mind Shield
              Raban     - Bless (OCV)
              Farseeker - Bless (OCV)
              Arawn     - Bless (OCV)
              Unali     - Mind Shield
              Kell      - Whirlwind*
              Fremea    - Mind Shield, Invisibility
              Z'leyra   - Mind Shield, Bless (Con)

              * = Soon to end (next update?].  I may NOT post this
              info unless I remember to do so. :)

          GM: Maps

              ----------------------------
              Mount Side View -
                Scale - 1 Column = 15 feet
                        1 Row = 50 feet  North=wall facing screen
              [Looking from one wall to the other wall.  Toward North
               wall with back to south wall.  Looking east/west.]

                             1         2         3         4         5
                    12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
                                    General  @= Halfway point/Ladder to roof
                                     Fake Vong Ceiling
                   __________________________ at _________________________
                   I#------------------------ at ----------------------?#IA
                   I#                \Balcony/Walkway/       Free  / #IB
                   I#                                      Prisoners #IC
                   I#                                                #ID
                   I#                                                #IE
                   IP<-Party [10' from row G                         #IFCave
          Cave 1-> `#                             Shaper Research?-->#`G<-#4
                   I#                                                #IH
          Cave 2-> `#                          Warrior Barracks   -> #`I<-#5
                   I#                                                #IJ
          Cave 3-> `#                              World Brian ----> #`K<-#6
                   I#                                                #IL
                   I#                                                #IM
                   I#                 @ <-Portal (Kotohi)            #IN
         Mount     I#T                                              T#IO
         Ground --?I#]A_A_A_A_A_A_A_A____......._______V__V__V__V__V[#IP
                   I                       Y<X \                      IQ
                   I                      Z     Lava (. points)       IR

              I = Rock wall, #=Vong ladder structure
              ` = Entrance to cave [open mostly]
              _ = Rock floor (Row P) ground floor
              A = Vong Bowl Home (10' high)
              V = Vong flyer
              T = Vong Tower (30' high)
              ],[=Base of Vong tower (wooden)
              X = Rabbit Hole opening 30' wide below cavern to tunnels
              Y = Tunnel of Treasure/Sentry cave (under ground floor)
              Z = Pit/Lake caves below elevation of Treasure cave tunnel
             1-6= Side caves on east/west walls

      Cave #6 - Brain Cave
      Cave #5 - Warrior Barracks
      Cave #4 - Shaper Research?