[pnpgm] Game Update #201 File #1335 - Sentry Combat T1 P1+2

Scott Adams longshotgm at netzero.com
Fri Jan 13 06:57:49 CET 2012

  fs
  HT Aliaver/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     NPC...................Captain.Lin.......Warrior.Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

     Game Update #202 in sequence (file #1335)

        [None]

         [Augado 10th, 1634TH]
         [Location: Middle Katai Plains]
         [          Mountains west of Pamau]

         [Time: 2:09:01 pm]

           In the back of the line Will tries to stand firm.  It isn't
         that he never wore heavy armor.  But to have a sudden weight,
         84 pounds, hefted onto your chest and body is a bit of a
         sudden change of weight.  At least he is not weak enough that
         he is motionless.  The vast majority of common folk would not
         even be able to lift much less carry what he is carrying.  To
         Raban it would be like a wash cloth.  But the sudden weight in
         his transmuted armor, which looks and sounds like plate, sent
         him a bit tilted.  It will take time to get used to it like
         a new sword to measure it's weight in one's hand.  Maybe in
         a half hour he'll stop gasping for air like a novice rock
         climber.

           Arawn gestures that enemy is around the corner.  Will is about
         20 feet behind Arawn so has some distance.  But he decides to
         cast a speed spell in the hopes it will increase his movement due
         to the weight encumbrance.

           Kell considers throwing a spear at the first Vong near Fremea.
         But he wants to see if Fremea will act first.  Plus it might
         give that extra second warning to the other Vong.

           Will casts the speed spell with a few quick common magical
         words.  He doesn't feel obviously fast but does notice his
         arm is moving just a tad faster.

           Fremea glad to be rid of that dress since the villagers are
         gone draws her Elven dagger.  She grins as the contest for
         control of this Mount and in the end the world.  She knows she
         could run the 15 feet to the Vong in front of her but she is
         not a fast walker.  But she can fly faster than large birds.  She
         leaps to the air and flaps her wings.  She figures this should
         be her signal to the others to attack.  Flying the 15 feet
         forward she does a downward slice with her dagger.  The ceiling
         is not high so its more a half leap, half fly to the Vong.  The
         dagger impacts on his left shoulder digging in deep doing an
         impressive first strike of 13 points past his crab armor.

           Squirt squeals in delight as he smells the familiar smell
         of one of his favorite foods. The small red eyed beast runs
         right at the second Vong.  As if to taunt the being he runs
         between his legs and then darts to the side toward the second
         cave the second Vong came from.  Squirt then disappears inside
         for some treat he hopes to get.

           Raban notices the stop in movement and knows Fremea is in
         the lead.  His instinct to protect the tiny one drives him to
         run past the others.  He runs 40 feet into the tunnel ending
         up past Chion.

           Unali removes her hand from her sling.  She might have gotten
         a shot but the surprise is over now.  She draws both daggers
         and moves forward.  She figure Kell and others can attack the
         first Vong so decides to go after the second.

           Farseeker tightens his grip on his great sword and charges
         forward heading to the first Vong Fremea attacked.  But he
         doesn't guite end up there.

           Chion also runs forward past Raban and ends up a few feet behind
         Fremea ready to fight.

           Arawn runs forward with shield and sword in hand and ends up
         just behind the giant Bard.

           Ben'dar grins at the thought of some more blood to spill, after
         all it has been 5 minutes or so.  He runs forward with spear in
         hand and ends up near Raban.

           Ha'kell had hopes to plan this out.  But the sudden sign of
         the Vong gave no chance for any planning.  Only his fast
         thoughts of teleporting ahead and routing the enemy ring
         in his mind. Too bad the others couldn't hear his words,
         but then again they might want some refunds back.  Shrugging
         at the stomach oriented Squirt leaving the area the half Elf
         runs forward.   He can't reach the second Vong at this point
         so might as well take out the first.  He darts forward and runs
         to the side of the Vong.  Before he gets there he takes a quick
         glimpse to ensure no Vong are in the small cave. Seeing no one
         he turns toward the Vong and stabs with his magical spear. The
         Vong lifted his right arm just in time to get the brunt of the
         spear in that arm doing 13 points breaking bone and tissue.

           Captain Lin cringes when he sees the winged female leap like
         some monster in a alley.  He can't just get used to that.  But
         she did a good blow.  Lin ends up running forward and next to
         the giant.

           Vong #1 turns to see no one there.  Then looks down in shock
         at this tiny pest who stabbed him.  He growls in pain as he
         knows he just took two hard hits but can be alive for a bit
         longer to squash this pest.  But there is no honor in killing
         a bug.  He glances up and sees the party charging his way and
         knows there is not much hope unless his friends help.  But
         he can do some damage.  He turns to face Kell and stabs his
         Amphistaff hitting him in the chest but the weapon doesn't
         penetrate Kell's armor.

           Vong #2 is baffled by this tiny red eyed thing that just
         rushed over his spiked boots.  He wonders if the Shapers let
         another creature loose to test the warriors.  He tries to
         stomp the foul thing but misses the agile beast.  then he
         looks up in a bit of shock to see the party.  He growls and
         realizes the Shapers had no part of this.  He rushes toward
         Unali and swings his amphistaff but in his haste fails to hit.

           At the same time three Vong warriors appear from the second
         cave and scramble out in a bit of confusion.  They see the party
         and rush forward.

           Inside the second cave, squeals and growls can be heard.
         Seems Squirt is having some fun in there?

           Z'leyra can hear Will grunt behind her.  She will have to
         mention that enchantments can make things lighter as well
         like her gear.  But she rushes forward and round the corner
         to see the 5 Vong rushing forward.  She ends up a bit behind
         Raban.

           Caladan moves forward and ends up alone side of Raban.

           Kiet wonders if he should help poor Will carry his gear.
         After all he had to do it for Zhou. But then that would
         be work.  So he shrugs and runs forward.  He gets close to
         Ben'dar but decides not to go past.  Getting close to Vong
         can be dangerous until he can use his ropes.

           Will finds himself suddenly along in the side tunnel.
         He wonders if they just left him?  but then he stalks
         forward the 20 feet to just cross the corner to see the
         fight to his right. At this rate it should take about 10
         seconds before he can fight the enemy.

         [Time: 2:09:04 pm - Turn 1: Phase 2]

           Squirt can be heard as he squeals.  A second later something
         falls or crashes to the ground in the second cave.

           Raban charges forward wanting to help Fremea.  He will have
         to knock some sense into the gray creature.  Giants do that
         well just a light tap on the head.  Though a light tap
         could kill a normal person.  He raises a fist and then punches
         the Vong in the face doing the last needed damage to kill the
         being.

           Unali stabs with both daggers at Vong #2 seeing more behind
         that could be trouble.  The regular dagger fails to make
         even a close pass.  But the magical dagger stabs the creature
         in the left shoulder doing a massive 17 point blow.

           Farseeker sees the first Vong fall and runs forward.  He knows
         Unali can handle the second.  But he needs to goad the other 3
         Vong before they decide best to get help. But he also knows
         these creatures seem to be more honor bound and male ego
         oriented so admitting they need help is hard for them to do.
         So he knows they will not get help till its too late.  He
         rushes forward and gets within about 8 feet from the three
         Vong.  He hopes the others will back him up soon or even hi
         s chainmail be hard to defend him.

           Chion rushes forward he knows he won't get near the enemy
         but he can help Unali.  He also knows she can handle herself
         but it might help to get the enemy numbers down.  The large
         sailor magician ends up to the right of Unali.  Twisting
         slightly but still facing the other 3 Vong he does a under
         cut swing and stab with his right hand at the Vong's center
         rib cage on his left.  The blade goes in deep and does 9
         points of damage but doesn't kill him yet.

           Ben'dar and Arawn move forward but not quite close enough
         yet to fight the Vong.

           Kell moves forward toward the three Vong.  He ends up
         to the right of Farseeker ready to engage with spear and
         shield.

           Captain Lin moves as well and ends up just behind Raban.

           Vong #2 swings at Unali but in his weakened state as well
         his useless arm he fails to make contact against her.

           Vong #3 and #4 cross the 10 feet to charge and attack Farseeker.
         But their blows are too wild and make no contact.

           Vong #5 at the same time charges Kell and also fails to
         hit the half Elf with his amphistaff.

           Z'leyra and Caladan move forward and both end up behind
         Fremea.

           From the second cave a human enters the stone hallway.  He
         is dressed in nice leathers and tunic.   He pulls a long shiny
         sword from his sheath and looks upset when he notices the party.

           Finally Will stalks forward and realizes he only has about
         60 more feet to get to the enemy.

           Fremea walks forward over the dead Vong.  Now with it seems
         four and now the human it should be a easy fight.  But the
         human is a new twist.  Could he be a prisoner who just escaped
         or could he be a traitor like those Peace Brigade folks?

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update....Monday...

         GM: Fremeea - I would've moved you more but the mechanics is
             odd.  You fly and move faster than everyone but IN the
             air.  Since you were still facing the Vong before he
             was killed stood you in place.  After he died it was
             too late to use the higher MR (fly).  I know its odd
             mechanic.  So just keep in mind if it happens again.  Since
             was in the ground moved slower than everyone.  So it is
             either move faster or the least in the group. :)

         GM: Ok.  Heard from Will, Kell and a couple others in email.
             But no actions really defined.  So went with default
             movement and attack actions as above.

         GM: Rough map -

             /I\ = East
             1 Hex (six sided hex) = 10 feet
             1 Column = 5 Feet
             1 Row = 5 feet

         1         2         3         4         5         6
123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890

                          To left branch ? --->
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_//  /_ A
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__//   //  B
/  \__/--------------------------------------------/   / \_ C
\__/ /\__/  \__/  \__/ T\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__    I_/  D
/  \/_/  \__/  \__/  \__B  \__UV \V_/  \__/  \__/    __/ \_ E
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/AQ\__/  C__EV \__/  \__/  \__ /  __/  F
/ /\__/  \__/  W__/  Z__/  \__F  KV_/  \__/  \__/  \I_/  \_ G
\I_/  \  _________\__/ LR   __________   P  ________I \__/  H
/I \__/ /\__/  \__/  I__   I__/  \__/I  __ I \__/  \__/  \_ I
\I_/  \/ /  \__/  \__I  \__I  \__/  \I_/  \I_/  \__/  \__/  J
/I \__/I \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ K
\I_/  \I_/  \__/  \__/Cave 1? \__/  \_Cave 2?/  \__/  \__/  L
/I \__/I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_M
\I_/  \I_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  N
/I \__/I \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ O
\__/ I\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  P
/  \\I/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ Q
\_To Pit cave__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  R
/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_ S

   * = Squirt       [Cave 2?]    F = Fremea       [G31]
   K = Kell         [G34]        U = Unali        [E31]
   C = Chion        [F31]        E = Farseeker    [F34]
   T = Kiet         [T24]        L = Captain Lin  [H24]
   Q = Arawn        [F24]        B = Ben'dar      [E25]
   A = Caladan      [F23]        Z = Z'leyra      [G22]
   R = Raban        [H25]        W = Will         [G16]

   V = Vong Warrior
       [G26 (#1) - Dead (Removed off map)
       E32  (#2)
        E35 (#3)
        F35 (#4)
        G35 (#5)
   P = Human H42

   Tunnel North Wall - C8-C51
   Tunnel South Wall - H10-H51

   Vong #1 Facing Right
   Vong #2 Facing West but head lowered to ground

   Party is facing north If in side tunnel or Right.

/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_//  /_ A
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__//   //  B
/  \__/--------------------------------------------/   / \_ C
/  \/                   B     UV  V                    / \_ E
\__/                  AQ      C  EV                  / __/  F
/ /                  Z        F  KV                 I_/  \_ G