[pnpgm] Votes for Next Adventure

Scott Adams longshotgm at netzero.com
Tue Mar 29 22:02:57 CEST 2011

This will be posted only once.  For future reference check out the Links section bottom link.  It will be updated with votes cast so check it regularly.
------

    * Players for next adventure

      Assuming the current party survives the end of this adventure.

      The following will not be in the next adventure.  This is to
      let the party be smaller for ease of actions and such.  We needed
      a large party for this final fight against the Vong but for
      next adventure a small party can do well and less crowded.

      Ben'dar, Caladan, Chion, Farseeker, Zhou and Strie'bog

      This will leave the following:

      Arawn, Fremea, Kell, Kiet, Raban, Unali, Will and Z'leyra

      This is a party of 8.  A fair size.  Now I will assume the
      above will be in the next adventure unless you state otherwise.
      If you wish to take a break or not play then please let me know.
      Otherwise it will be assumed yes.

    * New Players - Vote

      I know some out there may wish to join but I want to put it to
      a vote.  If you guys want a closed game say so.  If not I can
      do a one time post on the main pnp list and let folks know I'm
      open for a slot or two.  Since we'll have a party of 8 I need
      a consensus vote for this of at least 5 for a majority.  So
      please vote.

      Vote - Open to new players
             Closed game - no more new ones

    * Return home - Vote

      Assuming the party survives this last battle I need to figure
      out the method of returning home.  Of course this assumes
      Chion survives.

      1) Teleport directly to Sivas
      2) Travel overland directly to Sivas
      3) Travel south-west to Sammai by road to get ship home
      4) Travel south-west to Sammai by land to get ship home

      These are the basic four methods.  I will cover them below.

      1) Directly home teleport:

         If my math is correct it is around 59 (let's round it to 60)
         hexes in a line to Sivas from Rising Mount.  That's 1,200
         miles.  Chion can do this easily but it would require 2 trips
         due to the horses and gear.  This would be immediate jump
         and take no time back home after 2 trips.  Problem is the
         end of the battle is not set in stone so if the party has
         to bug out fast this would have to do at a different direction
         home.

      2) Travel by horse overland home:

         Around 1,200 miles going in a straight line almost home.  This
         would have you go over the desert sections as well unless used
         extra time to skirt the desert to the south.  Let's round travel
         time to 20 miles per day.  That's 2 months at least of travel
         giving 2 months of IBT time possibly (see below).

      3) To Samai by road for ship:

         Sammai is the best port to go for a direct shot.  You could
         go to the east coast like back to Pamamu but that would add
         extra time and distance.  So Sammai is the best in Cerulean
         Empire (SE of pamamu - west of jungle).  This is only an
         estimate but its about 51 hexes directly.  The highway goes
         there so by road let's say 60 hexes.  Road would increase
         travel time to say 30 miles per day.  That would be around
         40 days of travel time.  At that point it is 134 hexes give
         or take to Sivas around the coastline up.  Assuming a ship
         can go 30 on average.  That is about 2,680 miles by ship.
         About 90 days of travel give or take slow moving days.
         So talking 130 days of possible IBT time.

      4) To Sammai overland and ship:

         Taking a direct horse trip over plains to Sammai is a bit
         longer.  This would add about 11 days to the trip to 51
         days.  So with above 51+90=141 odd days.

      Note: I know some might wish to take Zhou home first and get
      to the Dark Lands.  If Chion did that before return home to
      Sivas it would take him 2 jumps.  If the full party did this
      it would take 4 jumps (2 up to DL, 1 back to RM, more to Sivas
      and back to dL to get horses).  So its more efficient to go
      first to Sivas and then have Chion send him home with just
      2 jumps rather than 5-6.  So I'm taking that into consideration.
      If party doesn't teleport home then Chion can send Zhou home first
      if needed before going to Ship or going overland by horse.

      Time:
        1) Immediate - Minutes, hour at most
        2) 2 months at least +/- week or two
        3) 130 days give or take a month or two
        4) 140 days give or take a month or two

      So vote for one of the above 4 please.  A majority of 5 is needed.
      For the final decision.

    * IBT time - Vote

      Once I know the Return method I can figure out IBT time.
      Here is how it will work.  If it is teleport then IBT will
      be AFTER in Sivas.  There will likely be added on some time
      between current and next.  IF the vote is 2-4 there is plenty
      of IBT there.  So 2 is 2 months, 3 is 4.5, method 4 is 4.5.
      Since method 2 is shorter I may add a month or two tacked on
      while waiting in Sivas.  So keep this in mind when voting
      on return method.

      Once this pre-return time to Sivas is figured out I can figure
      out IBT time once at Sivas.  Once the details of the next
      adventure Fremea (as leader) can decide on travel to Donara
      from Sivas - Road, Land, Ship, Teleport.  This may add on more
      IBT time depending on the decision Tobie makes.

      This is a bit harder to vote on since future is not known.

      Vote: 1) Rather have IBT time before going back to Sivas
               During Sivas and After Sivas going to Donara
            2) Rather have IBT time going to Sivas, none in Sivas
               and some going to Donara
            3) None going to Sivas to speed things up, some in Sivas
               and some going to Donara (likely assumes a Teleport back
               to Sivas).

      Keep in mind if we are talking 4.5 months to Sivas and maybe
      half a month of relax time in Sivas and maybe another 2 months
      by ship to Donara that's 7 months of IBT time (though granted
      most would be isolated to a ship).  That's alot of time to work
      on things and lots of character updating for me.  I don't mind
      it for prep.  Course doing 30 spells a day for 7 months would
      get a bit overwhelming.  :)  But I'll do it.  I've done 3 months
      in the past.  Just keep in mind it will delay start of adventure.
      So the shorter the IBT the sooner next adventure comes!  Don't
      let this sway you but just keep it in mind.  In fact a longer IBT
      will allow you guys to chill for a bit and relax in between
      games (and me too).  So either way is fine.

    * Discussion

      You are free to talk in private (CC me please unless you speak
      ill of me) or in the game list any of the things.  If a majority
      is not determined (5 votes for one thing) or a consensus isn't
      done then your free to talk to persuade votes.  If there is a close
      vote or tie we'll maybe do runoff votes based on the more popular
      options and delete the non popular ones.

    * Votes needed:

      1) Playing in next adventure: Assumed a Yes by all 8 players now.

      2) New players: Open or Closed

      3) Return Home: Option 1-4.

      4) IBT Time: 1-3

      Thanks for your time!

    * Current Votes:

                      New      Return    IBT   Will
                    Players    Method   Time   Play
      Arawn       -  None       None    None    Yes
      Fremea      -  None       None    None    Yes
      Kell        -  None       None    None    Yes
      Kiet        -  None       None    None    Yes
      Raban       -  None       None    None    Yes
      Unali       -  None       None    None    Yes
      Will        -  None       None    None    Yes
      Z'leyra     -  None       None    None    Yes

    * Deadline?

      Let's say May 1, 2011.  I figure this final battle will take
      a month or two.  But in order so I can plan out the details
      for the next adventure I could use the above votes so I
      can flesh those details out.

    * Updated: 3/29/11

    * Stats so I don't have to redo them later!
      Direct overland - c.  59-60 hexes
      To Samai        - c.  51    hexes
      Sea from Sammai - c. 134    hexez