[pnpgm] Game Update #177 - File #1229 - The Tainted

Scott Adams longshotgm at netzero.com
Tue Jul 19 08:57:52 CEST 2011

  HT Aliaver/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     NPC...................Captain.Lin.......Warrior.Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

     Game Web Site - http://www.furvert.net/longshotgm/pbem/index.htm
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshotgm at netzero.com

     Game Update #177 in sequence (file #1229)

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          Kiet is thrilled with the results of his spell use on this
          occasion. He hopes to repeat it often.  The Vong aren't so tough
          when they are trussed like a roast, and are almost certainly as
          dead.

          While Kiet is retrieving his rope he glances up to Zhou and says
          "I will not go back to the High Elder and have to explain...
        GM: Ack.

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Fremea curses in her head for not thinking of the vong as smart
          enough to wait for them. She may not like the fact that she is
          having to hide because Lin is prejudice, but he has come in
          handy so far. Too bad he will have to find out who she really
          is son.

          She makes sure she can jump on the back of the vong to pierce
          the neck just right this time. No more surprises for this one.

         [Augado 10th, 1634TH]
         [Location: Middle Katai Plains]
         [          Mountains west of Pamau]

         [Time: 12:56:38 pm]

           Raban continues running toward the cave entrance where he last
         saw Fremea leave through the door.

           Unali steps forward and flanks Farseeker and swings both daggers
         at the last Vong warrior.  The magical dagger fails to get even
         close.  The normal dagger drives deep into the left upper chest
         doing moderate damage to the warrior.

           Farseeker thrusts his great sword at the Vong warrior and hits
         in the side middle of the Vong doing light damage.

           Arawn still invisible slips toward the Vong warrior.  It would
         be a great chance to kill him.  But the destination are the
         humans.  He moves past the Vong and toward them.

           Inside the side hallway, Captain Lin thrusts his sword at the Vong
         but fails to make contact.

           The Vong thrusts his amphistaff at Farseeker and hits but the
         chainmail protects the warrior from damage.

           The Vong in the hallway thrusts at Captain Lin but his leather
         armor also protects him from the spear's sharp blade.

           Fremea slinks behind the warrior and jumps on his back.  With
         one arm he grips the Vong's neck.  With her other hand she
         draws the dagger toward his neck.  But the dagger slices a deep
         gash onto the back of the skull which is thick bone.  Even
         with that mild protection the Vong takes a moderate slice to his
         head (4 points).

         [Time: 12:56:41 pm]

           Raban gets to the threshold of the Vong door and enters the
         hallway where Fremea and Lin are fighting.

           Unali lashes out with both daggers again.  The magical dagger
         digs into the lower right chest doing a minor wound.  The
         normal dagger slices upwards and does also a minor wound at
         the Vong's head but not enough to even daze him.

           Farseeker swings upward and the large blade slices a portion
         of the Vong's right face off.  The blade slices bone and
         tissue alike almost cutting the head in half but vertically.
         A chuck of Vong cheekbone flies to the ground. At the same
         time the Vong is killed instantly.

           Arawn continues to the humans but still has about 12 feet to go.

           Captain Lin thrusts at the last Vong to be attacked but his
         sharp blade fails to make contact.

           The same Vong tries to knock Fremea off his back but twisting
         back and forth wildly as he swings his amphistaff at Lin but
         the spear-stick fails to hit Lin.

           Fremea swings her dagger at the Vong's neck but his twisting
         and thick leather blocks her strike and she doesn't hit skin.

         [Time: 12:56:44 pm]

           Arawn leans down to inspect the three humans. He finds two
         are dead but the third one seems to be still alive.

           Raban's shadow looms over Captain Lin and startles him just
         a bit.  Raban leans down and with one hand lifts up the Vong
         warrior off his feet.  With the other hand he grips the Vong's
         neck and begins to choke him.

           Captain Lin stabs one quick thrust and does moderate damage
         to the warrior.

           The Vong tries to swing his amphistaff at Raban but is starting
         to lose his breath and strength.  He fails to get close to the
         Giant.

           Fremea sees her chance now that the Vong's arms are raised to his
         neck to break Raban's hold.  Fremea uses the chance to stab under
         the Vong's right armpit and does the final damage to penetrate
         the soft tissue there.  The Vong falls limp but Raban holds on to
         him until Fremea climbs off.

         [Time: 12:56:44 pm]

           Kiet pulls off the now dead rope off the dead Vong and glances
         at Kell being treated by Z'leyra.  Zhou stands nearby and
         glowers a bit.

           While Kiet is retrieving his rope he glances up to Zhou and
         says "I will not go back to the High Elder and have to explain
         to him why you were killed."

           Zhou sheathes his sword and looks down at Kiet. "Look here.
         I said you are free of the honor and duty.  You might not
         not like coming back to report to the High Elder.  But I have
         to live there.  If they find out I was just here to watch
         things I'll lose face."  He shakes his head in disgust and
         walks to the north after Chion.

           Kiet goes over to Kell to check on him.  Oh, this arm wound
         looks as bad as any of the others.  He's lucky he's not nicknamed
         the  One Armed Bandit.  "Z...can you heal him up anyway?  He needs
         to be able to fight."  Kiet looks at Kell and says, you distract
         them, and I'll rope them.  Together, we could take out quite a
         few."

           Arawn leans down to inspect the one human that is still alive.
         He is a bit older maybe in his late 40s and it is obvious
         that Vong coral implants are in his chest, arm and neck.  The
         Vong seemed to stab deep in the man's chest.  Arawn can see
         blood pool near his mouth from coughing up blood.  Arawn doesn't
         have much time but he prepares a spell.

           The wounded man looks up after opening his eyes.  His eyes
         grow bright and shocked.  He can feel someone touching him
         and he knows there is someone there.  But no one is seen?
         The man coughs and then nods in realization.  "Whoever you are.
         Push that vile magic away!" He pushes Arawn's man away.  "I
         am beyond hope.  Why do you think we didn't run away?  Sometimes
         death is better than this life."  He reaches up to a piece of
         coral on his cheek.  "You must hope those who can be helped...
         You must act fast."

           Farseeker and Unali stand over the human and watches the
         invisible Arawn listen to the man.

         [Time: 12:57:44 pm]

           "They are that way."  The man points to the way Fremea has
         gone.  "There are many that can be saved.  Act fast."  The
         man breathes heavily.

           Arawn then becomes visible for the first time.  This doesn't
         seem to startle the man.

           "Just end it.  I am not worth saving.  There are others...
         women..children...who are worth it...your vile magic will
         taint my soul.  I rather die than that."  The man looks
         away to the other two humans.

           Farseeker draws his great sword and raises it toward his
         leg.  He knows Arawn would be difficult to decide.  Arawn
         stares at the Farseeker and then at the man.  He knows he
         only has a few limited pills.  It took the noble lady some
         time to just heal.  Is life better to treat and heal only
         to be tainted by Vong implants?  He could waste energy and
         heal the man's wound and keep him alive.

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update....Friday...

         GM: Small update for now.  I started out well then brain decided
             to go on vacation so couldn't think. I'll do a longer update
             for next one.  That will include details I wanted to do here
             including Kell's healing and such.  I'll likely work on that
             in a couple days.  Will update character sheets at that time
             of the experience.

         GM: So in 5 years since adventure #2 the Vong have been introduced.
             I'm surprised no one has figured them out or talked about
             them in detail.  Would've given bonus points. :)  Maybe
             I'll type up an explanation of their origin in the pnp
             universe.

         GM: I asked this awhile back but not much response.  If you
             guys want to see all the adventures from #1 now I can place
             them on the website to rewview.Just let me know if the
             interest is there.