[pnpgm] Game Update #175a - File 1220 - Hold time

John Stowman jorosto at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 19:15:53 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Scott Adams <longshotgm at netzero.com>wrote:

>         GM: I've halted the update for now.  I thought I had a plan
>             with Will's teleport but in thinking it over he wouldn't
>             have known about the slaughter.  So doing a 1 phase teleport
>             isn't realistic.  Arawn has a plan as well.  But there
>             is some issues I outlined in his email.  Arawn will have to
>             consider the option to cast a spell to save the human or
>             prevent the Orb giving a warning.  If the human is saved
>             then the Orb could notify all the Vong and stealth is ver.
>             If the Orb is destroyed which he could do by hand then
>             the human MAY die but he could save possibly hundreds more
>             humans who may be captive elsewhere.  By the time the party
>             leaves this cave hundreds could be slaughtered.  So is
>             one human worth hundreds?  If Z'leya's telepathy was still
>             active I could say she warned Will about the humans during
>             the fight and he turned and teleported.  But the spell is
>             gone so it would take a good phase just to discover it and
>             might be too late by then.  So I'll hold things off here
>             so folks can re-iterate or replan strategy.  I can still
>             do Arawn's emailed plans and it could still work.  The spell
>             in mind could affect the human and shaper at once. But
>             if the spell fails or the effects fail.
>
>             So think about new options. If not I'll try to work on
>             Arawn's plan and invoke them next update on Monday.
>
>             I would say go back 2 phases due to the mistake by the
>             Dwarves.  But sadly the detail already done in terms of
>             experience and other data would be difficult to back
>             track.  Its not impossible it would be highly difficult.
>             I'd have to reverse engineer some things.

OOC:  I thought that Will was probably to far away and to involved to be of
much help still hes open to suggestions.  It seems to me that rescuing the
human and stopping the shaper form using the orb are both priorities.  We
have already let one Vong escape and the clock is ticking.  The human could
give us the edge in information that may help us get to the next phase of
the operation ahead of the curve and still surprise them.  Of course if the
shaper alerts the entire complex then all bets are off.  If the vong could
at least be delayed and Will be alerted maybe he could still be of help.