[pnpgm] Game Update #174 - File #1213 - Combined attack

Scott Adams longshotgm at netzero.com
Fri Jul 1 09:04:05 CEST 2011

  HT Aliaver/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  R1.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

     Game Web Site - http://www.furvert.net/longshotgm/pbem/index.htm
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshotgm at netzero.com

     Game Update #174 in sequence (file #1213)

        Post from Kell: [Re: Actions]
          [Lots of things.

          1. Very happy you're feeling better.  Keep on mending. How is
          your recovery?  Any current effects hitting you?

          2. I thought Kell was with Unali's group?  Don't really care too
          much. That is how it's listed in the footer of the posts.
          BUT, I have no qualms w/ you changing it.  Not much has happened
          w/Kell other than his daydream.  Getting some action is good
          too.  :)

          3. Thanks for the compliment. I thought the daydream turned out
          well. Wanted to get the mana-view using another sidh and
          incorporate all of that, and the language usage too.  Heck, I
          think that daydream is even mostly (90%+) accurate.  He he.  Kell
          does have his uses.  Too bad no one bet Kell that gold.

          Great addition of Cpt Lin acting then pausing.

          4. Wait to hear your response before acting, so I know which
          group I can act with.

          5. Shields - highly underrated.  ;)
        GM: Ack.  Well I could've gone back to work more than a month
            ago.  But I enjoyed the recovery and it helped to get the
            new computer stuff.  Sadly I still don't have a new toy
            yet.  But I'm in the finished touches of my wish list.  Just
            have to get it.  It will likely take weeks before I finish
            get everything transferred over to new computer since will
            have less time once I get back to work.  But I figure it
            is time to get back.  As to effects nothing really.  Minor
            speech stuff but nothing major.  So in a bit I get back
            into the groove.  As to wrong group.  Sidh.  I've sent the
            editor dwarf to the rack.  He owes me 2 weeks of torture.
            I think he got a bit confused with something mentioned
            way early like maybe when you talked to another person in
            the other group?  But we'll move on.  It was a good dream.
            At least its posting and being active.  Fremea's group is
            your group.  As to shields if I can remember them gear wise.
            :)  BTW your name I mentioned in the PNP mailing list. :)

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions[
          Catching sight of Unali's gesture Arawn silently nods...

          OOC: If Unali doesn't want to use Invisibility/magic then Arawn
          will not cast anything, following her lead. Otherwise, he'll
          cast the invisibility on himself and hold on to Unali with a free
          hand to maintain invisibility. They will be able to see each
          other so coordinating things shouldn't be a problem.
        GM: Ack.

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions[
          Fremea watches a little bit to see if any of the Vong come her
          direction, feeling a bit stuck not being able to fly over the
          damn light. When it is  obvious that no Vong come past the
          light to be taken out, she pulls out  her bow (regular) with
          some plain arrows. She takes careful aim at the  torch. Quietly
          she says, "Everyone be ready, they will be coming quickly...

          (This is where Scott, hopefully, goes at it hits, taking out the torch)
        GM: Ack.

        From Will: [Re: Actions]
          I just want to point out that I said I would "look" for an
          opportunity to set up an ambush....  So what do you know we
          found a Vong and he ambushed us... what more could you ask for!
        GM: Ack. Specifically no one actually in both groups stated to
            be alert enough to look behind every alcove.  The map was
            laid out to figure such places early.  Z'leyra did mention
            scouting but she ran out of fuel before found the Vong.  So
            since it was a open thing I jumped.  Why planning actions
            and the use of words is critical. :)  You did say to ambush
            OTHERS so yes.  But not to look for an ambush from the Vong. :)
            It was just fun I had to do. :)

        From Kell: [Re: Actions]
          Kell watches all the alcoves intently, looking for yet more
          hidden pests. Pests of the Vong kind.

          And - whispering, "I say we stop those guards by the tunnel,...

          [Meh, I had more and wanted to say more, but I'm tired.]
        GM: Ack.  Darn.  Someone now actually looking at alcoves. :<

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Keeping to the shadows (and using her ability to see in ordinary
          darkness to check around for Vong in the shadows) Z'leyra will
          ready her sling and prepare to sling bullets at the Vong guards
          when they get attacked.
        GM: Ack. How do you see?  The spell ended.  The one item that
            does that isn't worn/held?