[pnpgm] Game Update #122 - File #927 - Mazes and Dazes

Tobie Bonahoom bonahoom at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 29 09:14:59 CEST 2010

As Fremea and Raban walk back towards the wagon, she stops in mid stride. She is thinking to herself, though not really realizing she has stopped walking.

She wonders why the destruction of the square when all the parents had to do was teleport away with their kids like the executioner did. The mother seemed to have sacrificed herself, yet a true mother of her kids would do anything to make sure they were with her. Something was not right to her. This all seemed wrong that the father was beheaded and no attempt was made to stop it, yet that is when everything seemed to change after that happened.

Fremea's mind raced to all sorts of points, her training in the subtlety taking her to places that only seemed to be created by conspiracy.

Quickly recovering from the thoughts that start to flow from her mind, she realizes that Raban is looking at her a bit concerned. "It is ok my giant protector, there is something else here that is not right. Though we both are ashamed at the destruction we could not prevent to so many innocents, I am not sure it is the magics that are at fault." she thinks for a second, "If you and I were the parents would we not have found ways of just disappearing with the children to protect them and not have them go with anyone else? I know so, as my parents did once, though they could not escape the protections in place. No, I believe that this was a distraction, a very well done one, to make sure something else big is not seen in the city. Why have a simple family, that actually didn't do anything, based on the 'charges' read, executed?" She knows what Raban is going to say, though she stops quickly. "Yes, yes, they were magic-users and here that means death. But, they don't do it so publicly and with children usually, or at least this is the first one I have heard of for a whole family. No, I believe they were magic-users, yet they were used to make sure all the people in the town were there to watch it. Maybe the amount of destruction was more then who ever devised thought it would be, but I think they wanted it. There is something else going on. We need to get to who ever we can and find out what is happening. I think the unwanted guests in our lands are behind this. They are very smart and they do not use 'magic', they do use it for their own benefit, just as you or I could use a sword for our own. I am just not sure where we need to go right now."

She looks at Raban for his input into this matter.