[pnpgm] Game Update #113 - File #881 - A day in Crossroads

Mark love_to_travel_mark at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 29 20:47:23 CEST 2010

[I agree with Dave.  Great Post Scott!  Thanks for it!]
---
        [Julis 29th, 1634TH]
        [Location: Middle Katai Plains, Shantou Province]
        [          Around 60 odd miles south of Shantou city]

        [Time: 10:29pm]

          Caladan shakes his head in slight disgust and glances at
        Kiet who shows signs of it as well.  "Do you guys realize
        each spell no matter how much you shield is magic.  Any
        magic can be detected.  Shu could detect the lack of magic
        at great distances.  What is to say one here out of millions
        can't detect the slightest magic.  Do you guys have hearing
        problems?  Forget how soon what the High Elder said?  It is
        one thing to use magic against the Vong and we'll need to.
        But to cast magic almost nightly at the camps only helps
        them to track us."  He glances to the darkness beyond and then
        back to the camp. "They could be out there now.  Waiting
        for reinforcements.  We got lucky with one weak bounty hunter
        group but if the whole Katai military comes down on us
        the mission is over and we are doomed." Exhaling fast he sighs.
        "Besides if the gods do not wish to admit or care about the
        Vong or know them personally how would they know how a thing
        they seem to not know of would happen?  Can the gods predict
        what would happen to some item they've never seen or heard
        of used personally?"

Kell has been very quit on using any Katai-hating skills, in other words the
banned magic.  After hearing this he finally speaks his mind.  "We've been
warned over and over to not use our skills, except in dire need.  I agree with
Caladan.  We need to not use any unless absolutely necessary!  We're carrying
too much.  Whilst I have materials I plan to use, I've not begun any work.  Not
until after we leave this land."

"I for one do not want to be captured.  Captured for just existing!"

"Please everyone, from now on, no more unless it is truely life and death."

-------------
[On the pills for the baroness.]

Ha'Kell isn't a healer, he knows this well.  But now is the time for something.
When next the Baronness is awake, he talks with her.

"Lady, there is something we can try.  There are hints these pills may help.
But they may also hurt.  We don't know either way.  We do know those who
captured you meant you harm, and we want to help you.  I can give you a pill and
see what happens, but it is up to you.  My suggestion is to try one, even with
the risk.  Do you want to try one?"

If she says yes, Kell gives her one pill with water.  He'll stay with her for as
long as something happens, but at least a few hours.  If she says no, then he
won't ask her again.

-----------------
        [Augado 2nd, 1634TH]
        [Location: Middle Katai Plains]
        [          Crossroads town]

In the Market Kell looks for interesting items with Kiet.  He's interested in
many of the same things as the acrobat.  The two share much in common, even
though Kiet is a foot shorter and much, much more agile than the half-elf.  He
makes sure to buy at least 5 extra vials, and more cooking spices and salt since
he dumped his out.  Kell happily teaches Kiet as much as possible, and tries to
increase his skills as a merchant too.

He looks for armor for his arms.  Leather or steel bracers, whatever is
available.

Ha'Kell examines the wine market, and local spears.  He still has a few items to
sell, items he's carried halfway around the world at this point.  If a great
sale can be made, he'll take the most profit possible.

[Given the chance, Ha'Kell wants to visit the black markets... not sure if that
can happen now or not.  Will wait and see.]

In the tavern, Kell hides his smile at the news of the escaped wizard.  This
makes him happy and he'll tell the party all about it when everyone is
together.  He's tempted to pick the pockets of the slumped guard, but it's been
years since he's actually stolen...

A bar fight, amazing!  It has been months since Ha'Kell has been in a good bar
fight.  With his newly learned hand to hand, he doesn't need to draw his
daggers.  This is gonna be fun, even if Zhou won't appreciate it.
[I have two main pictures.  Either - Kell and Kiet each grabbing extra beers
from the guys standing to fight, and sitting under some tables enjoying the free
beer...  Or - wading through the mess to get to Chion and Strie'Bog.    I
suppose the second is better. ]

He downs his beer as it begins and says to Kiet, "Let's get them and get out of
here."  He then wades into the fight going for the table, then to leave.  Using
unarmed combat, and if it gets too deadly he'll take out a dagger and use it.

Thinking, "Low profile, that doesn't suit me, ever.  Zhou has the wrong people
for low profile..."