[pnpgm] Game Update #112 - File #873 - Party arrives in Crossroads

Scott Adams longshotgm at netzero.com
Tue Aug 24 08:50:44 CEST 2010

  R1.John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ??.Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2.Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3.Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  --.Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....Normal/Faerry Fe
  R2.Mark Murtha...........Kell..............Trader..Normal/Human..Ma
  Do.David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R4.J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W2.Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4.Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  ...Thomas.Magann.........Whitney...........Scholar.Normal/Human..Ma
  R1 John.Stowman..........Will..............Hunter..Normal/Human..Ma
  R4.Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
  R1 NPC...................Zhou Kiwat........Noble...Normal/Human..Ma
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Tef'wo (Horse) Ben'dar,

  Cover Story Info: [HD- House member, F-Foreigner, N-native non house]
     Arawn      aka Arawn         as Teacher to daughter [F]
     Ben'dar    aka Bu Da         as Horse expert        [F]
     Caladan    aka Ca Lu         as Guard/Archer        [N]
     Chion      aka Capt. Chu Mai as Sailor Trustee      [HD]
     Farseeker  aka Fu Sa         as Guard               [F]
     Fremea     aka Lin Mong      as Noble child         [HD] [Disguised]
     Kell       aka Swan          as Trader              [F]
     Kiet       aka Kiet Sunan    as Zhou's servant      [F]
     Raban      aka Toban Nu      as Entertainer/Guard   [F]
     Strie'bog  aka Sun Zhu       as Entertainer         [N]
     Unali      aka Tun Au        as Zhou's wife         [HD]
     Whitney    aka Whitney       as Herbalist/Tailor    [F]
     Will       aka Sun Tzu       as hunt master         [F]
     Z'leyra    aka Kakita Junami as Healer              [F]
     Zhou       aka Zhou Wa       as Baron Noble         [HD]

     Game Web Site - http://www.furvert.net/longshotgm/pbem/index.htm
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshotgm at netzero.com

     Game Update #112 in sequence (file #873)

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <EEEK major spell mutations, but costs lots too ;) <I have had
          a few players hit El20 areas, very very rare. Easier for some
          innates especially if Fanatical.

          <But it is easier to do with playing at a table meeting many
          days a week for years and powerful items to boost stats, and
          much easier if they were fortunate enough to get a supernatural
          key ability. <A quick skim of old characters on file shows many
          have managed El10+ in learned spells, more have gotten there in
          innates. <Sadly I only have maybe a hundred characters on file,
          many times that on paper but they are slower to look through
          <PnP is hard on characters, many deaths. Worst was one of the
          new abysmal charts killing most the group, but they decided it
          was fair.

          <Beware abysmals that detonate magical items nearby, some groups
          carry way too many!!!

          <Fortunately the players decided it was their own stupidity,
          they had also voted to use the new charts. New characters were
          made, stories adjusted, and plot continued.

          <I am actually playing a descendant of one of the dead characters
          from that in another game, conceived after the death actually,
          but that is another story ;)

          <I have used a few rules requiring extra Mana for effects, I
          never tried one using experience or expertise pools. Definitely
          a unique approach.

          <Pretty sure I have had starting characters with innates >10
          before, but they tend to be of limited usefulness due to high Enl
          costs and slow recovery

          <LOL I did not remember the bag at all other than in a vague
          way. Apparently I need to keep things in mind better, maybe I
          should write a journal? Some other games I play have stories
          hundreds of pages long. Looks like the last PnP game I ran in
          2006 has a player journal 380 pages long. I may have to continue
          that again someday, we just got sidetracked into other games. My
          active DnD game is 395 pages currently and is at about 1 year of
          play, likely it will finish up soon and we will start another one
          with a different ruleset. Sometimes multiple players write their
          own versions as seen by their characters, it can be quite
          hilarious to compare them.

          <Raban would need me to write up much more backstory, not sure I
          am up to a novella right now though.

          <New Actions?
          <I do not know the status of Raban's arrow supplies. He has
          been working on making new ones but may have limited materials
          to do so. Since his arrows are larger he cannot just buy them.
          But he could purchase materials needed to make more such as arrow
          heads, feathers and possibly usable wood for shafts? If needed
          such could also be listed for others to purchase for him. Other
          possibilities in supplies are whatever needed for clothing repairs
          if such has not already been done. Even then more materials would
          be useful to get for later. Likely there are many things needed,
          more food etc.

          Raban is embarrassed by his forgetting the bag. His Bardic
          memory training should have prevented such a failure but so much
          has been happening. So many things he would prefer to do but risks
          the mission. His soul is nagging at him, reminding him of his
          duties somewhat neglected. But how could he arrange a performance
          that would not also draw too much attention, no, such would not
          be in character for his role. This role limits itself mostly to
          Drums, Dancing well would be beyond belief. That leaves little
          other than crude displays of strength or physique and even that
          is best done in a public bath or perhaps at a well. If timed
          properly, removal of my shirt and dumping a bucket of water over
          myself to cool off would work. If they used a common well to wash
          clothing, that could serve quite well indeed...

          Raban smiles to himself having worked out a means to get himself
          back into his Goddess's graces. Perhaps this next town will have
          what he needs.

          <I wonder how many have figured out what his duties include? LOL
          <Sorry, I cannot figure out much to say on the current story, so
          I left a lot open
        GM: Ack.  Groups?  Heck certain individuals carry too many
            magic items and depend on them too much.  Unique but
            an approach that has worked well and fair for most
            folks that use it.  We've tweaked it over 2 decades.
            What you do is up to you.  Journal or not.  But I would
            say take notes can simply jot one line down "bag might
            be important!" and only be a page or two for a year's
            worth of adventure.  I did mention it actually 3 times
            in various updates.  Clues abound more than just the bag. :)
            You have 27 arrows right now.  But can buy materials and
            supplies.  I can always send sheets upon request.  But
            otherwise I'll send them out anyways before arrival in
            Pamau or leaving Pamau.  No worry on what to say.  I
            rather have a post with one word than nothing.

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          My biggest issue is that it's less costly to improve higher BMC
          spells to high levels than it is lower BMC spells.

          for instance, to get a BMC1 spell to EL15 requires over 1425
          successful casts.  A BMC20 spell only requires 135.  The higher
          the BMC, the lower the number of successful casts.

          It costs almost 10,000 mana to get to EL10 with a BMC1, but only
          1900 mana to get EL10 with a BMC20 spell!!! something is
          seriously wrong....BACKWARDS...with that.

          That's the problem with letting me have access to spreadsheets.

          I think that the tweaks should be stuff like "don't need hands
          to cast that spell" or "don't need verbalized words"...essentially
          once you get proficient with a spell, it simply becomes easier to
          cast...

          Think of the gods...think of them as VERY high MEL and EL...but
          they still need to cast spells like a mortal?  They simply will
          effects into being.  High level wizards should become more like
          that...kind of like merging your learned spell casting with an
          innate ability. my 3-cents
        GM: Ack.  The discussion of BMC and costs is beyond the scope
            of this game.  But I'm happy to take it to the main pnp
            mailing list.  It needs topics and posts.  So move it
            there and I'll reply further. :)  Would not bog things
            down here as well.  Those tweaks you mention can be done
            and have been done.  I'd have to check the characters
            that did it but was moderate expensive but not too high.
            As to gods and wanting to be them.  Avatars do need
            missions in the middle world. :)

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          Math errors!

          if need 1425 casts of BMC1 then only need to cast at El0 thus
          1425 mana But 135 BMC20 is only 2700 at El0...still an oops So
          the BMC1 is about twice as easy when looking at mana costs

          Yup it has always been far easier to get high BMC spells to
          practice up when you look at number of castings

          BUT high BMC spells can be harder to get, note the starting
          spell limits for example
          They are also slow to learn
          And could take days to recover from single casts where low BMC
          can be cast multiple times

          So the real comparison is the Mana costs, the life blood of the
          mages This is where fast mana recover is the true power level
          and why any natural mage is nasty!
        GM: Ack.

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          My numbers assume casting at max EL.  Lower EL 'should' mean
          less expertise gained...but that's jus' lil ol' me.
          ----------

          Damn...this weather is brutal.  It's been so hot that wearing
          armor is simply out of the question.  On the plus side, it does
          keep the riff-raff off the roads.  They're smarter than we are,
          I guess.

          Speaking of smarter than we are, that pretty much includes the
          whole rest of this world, the Upper World, and the Lower.  Didn't
          the High Elder warn us MOST stringently about our use of magic?
          Yet these people seem to cavalierly ignore the advice of someone
          SO experienced and powerful.  I do not understand.  And then this
          latest stunt of giving the captive Law Wizard a knife...what if
          these guards had a magic detector going?  I'm pretty sure the act
          of appearing the knife on the person of the mage would be
          detectable.  Sigh.  At least they didn't rescue him.  That hasn't
          always worked out so well.  And the fact that he's a Law
          orientation seems to make these people think he's a 'good guy',
          but they have obviously never before been under the oppressive
          hand of some of those Law cultures. Rules and regulations and
          requirements, but no real justice.  Ptah!

          At least I am now monetarily rich...at least relative to what I
          was back home.  I just hope I am alive to see my rewards.

          Eventually I must continue my quest for more of these Natural
          Magics. And a serch for Smarag.  At least one bright side to
          being with this group is that it has forced me to improve my
          skills.  Few would care to stand up to my Smokeless Flame spell
          at this level.  Still, the others have shown me that there are
          creative ways many other spells can be used.  I am only planning
          to use mine in emergencies only, or in situations, like after the
          fight at the fairgrounds, where my little bits of magic are
          hardly noticeable with all the mana being cast about.

          PS...Smarag is a rough form of emerald....Smaragd is german for
          emerald.
        GM: Ack.  It has been brutal by the numbers.  So is reality.
            We hit a record here in Jax 47+ days over 90 degrees
            in a row and still going.  Again as to the talk about
            casting ELs and expertise I'd love to have more talk
            on this in the main pnp list.  But here we'd get all
            bogged down.  Yep.  Trust me the alert Katai are always
            looking for mistakes.  Folks thing that casting mana
            shields will help to prevent detection but in fact that
            IS a spell.  Its magical energy.  It can be detected
            so its a bit awkward.  But I do what they want even if
            they ignore the wise sage. :) The charts and numbers
            may tilt in disfavor.  Never know when it will be pinpointed
            and the party will be found out if then.

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          [Scott, are there two pills- white ones and orange ones- or
          just one  type of pill- mix of orange/white together-?]
          Upon seeing the orange and white pills Arawn looks up to Raban-

          "Nothing else in there? The Shaper didn't have anything else...
        GM: Ack. I'll cover the pill thing below.  Sorry for confusion.

         [Julis 29th, 1634TH]
         [Location: Middle Katai Plains, Shantou Province]
         [          Around 60 odd miles south of Shantou city]

         [Time: 12:49pm]

           Arawn glances over to Will and sees his reaction to the use of
         the spell.  Will isn't sure for his vantage point what went down
         but its clear from Arawn and Farseeker's faces that something
          happened.

           As the patrol moves down the road, Arawn saunters down to Will
         and sees if there is desire to trail the patrol.  Arawn is
         aware that the majority of people in the party do not wish
         to help out.  After conferring for a few minutes Will and
         arawn decide trailing the patrol could be risky and delay things.
         Farseeker has already mounted up on his horse and looks down
         south on the highway seemingly ignoring the patrol.  He seems
         content on his plan to allow the wizard to self-escape.

           Arawn feels that life is too critical to give up but it is
         clear that the party wishes to move on.  Caladan later points
         out that isn't that the party doesn't want to help but they
         need to pick their priorities.  The wizard seems healthy and
         strong and likely could escape on his own with the help of
         a simple knife.

           Frustrated Arawn mounts up and waits for the party to move
         on down the road.  He glances back to the patrol and wonders
         if he'll ever meet the man again.

                                      ***********

         [Time: 10:24pm]

           After Arawn comes back to his own reality after meditating
         and praying he gets the vision of the bag.  As he rushes to
         the night camp he wonders about the wizard.  Surely by now
         he has escaped or he is dead from the attempt or the guards
         found the knife.  Either way he'll be dead or alive by now
         and likely no worse off than if the party had helped or not.

           Arawn glances at the pills.  He pours the pills out into
         his gloved hand to get a better view at them.  There are 11
         small pills.  Each pill is no wider than a fingernail and
         isn't bigger than a small pebble.  Each pill is a mix of
         orange and white.  Most are about 60% orange and 40% white
         but in no pattern.  They seem to be naturally colored that
         way as if a egg takes on odd colors.

           bringing up one pill to the campfire he eyes it but it
         is solid and can't be seen through like some thin shells
         like some bird eggs.  he sniffs the pill and it seems a tad
         bit like sulfur but that also can be misleading as some
         materials in the wild smell that way but aren't made up
         of sulfur.  Arawn glances to Raban holding the empty bag.

           "Nothing else in there? The Shaper didn't have anything else
         on her by chance?," he asked the bardic giant.

           Raban shakes his head as he recalls the search.  Aside from
         the strange clothing, the nearby dead snake headdress and the
         leather like belt there was nothing else on her.  It is possible
         the other things she has was in their base camp.  In this case
         that could've been the Flyer, a house or somewhere else nearby.
         The party may never know which.  Arawn looks to those around
         the campfire who are still awake.

           Arawn adds, "Pills... would have worked on Rua. I wonder if it's
         a universal tool. So, do we just risk these on the baroness, with
         her permission of course, or does anyone have any ideas on how we
         can determine how to properly use these pills to remove her
         growths?"

           Caladan looks to the tent where the baroness sleeps.  While
         the last few days has been little change for her she has
         improved a bit.  The healers actually wonder if they hadn't
         done some daily work on her if the coral would do more damage
         and ruin her further.  The healers seem to be preventing further
         damage but can't cure past damage yet.

           Caladan stands and dusts himself off.  "If Rua was right
         then the implant in his brain could be controlled.  He
         implied a simple pill could do it.  A simple swallow
         thing without other rituals.  But we could be wrong.  The
         problem is if you ask her then she may actually consider
         this some form of magic.  Would you endanger her belief by
         asking her?  If she said yes she could see herself as tainted
         and would leave to a downfall.  If she says no and you
         she knows you have the pills then she might now consider
         us heretics.  A no win situation I see.  At that point we
         couldn't simply let her free until the mission was over.  So
         I think we should just risk it without her knowing.  If
         it works then she is cured.  If it fails then we have little
         to lose."

           From his seated position from around the campfire, Zhou
         looks up and nods.  "I agree.  We need to get rid of her
         by the time we get to Pamau.  I would prefer we do that
         at Crossroads.  We need to concentrate on the mission fully
         by the final leg of our trip.  If we can't cure her by then
         we may not be able to."

           Arawn reloads the pills onto the bag.  he wonders how
         many will work.  He wonders if the sonics will need to be
         done at the same time?  It is late tonight but maybe
         the first experiment can be done soon.

                                      ***********

         [Augado 2nd, 1634TH]
         [Location: Middle Katai Plains]
         [          Near Crossroads town]

           Camp is broken one last time and the party moves on.
         The skies are overcast today a possible bad omen for
         travel and any future fun.  But the temperatures actually
         cool down today.  The highs only get to the mid 80s and
         so armor can be worn with some ease today.

         [Time: 8:45am]

           An hour or so later the party runs into a rain storm.  It
         last for about 20 minutes and drenches the party but is
         a nice change from the stifling heat.

         [Time: 2:40pm]

           Nearing the town the party encounters a group of 8 merchants
         in a large caravan.  They offer the party supplies and offer
         their deals.  The party gives brief looks and do their
         courtesy shopping.  But overall the party knows that
         the town will have cheaper stuff and much more supply.  the
         encounter ends with the caravan moving on down the road.

         [Time: 3:07pm]

           The party moves toward the Crossroads town which seems more
         like a city than a village.  Unali was right it seems to be
         overstuffed with people more than it can handle.  The city
         looks to be moderate sized several miles wide.  In the far
         distance the highway appears to move traffic east and south.
         Heading from the west highway the party nears the gate.

           Unalike Shantou and Katai this city has no walls for
         defense.  The other cities have had to fought for centuries
         various wars but this city seems to have seen little of that
         warfare or they just don't care to be walled in.  Approaching
         the west gateway there is a logjam of wagons, horses, caravans,
         personal carts and those on foot waiting to be passed through.

           There are maybe half a dozen guards at the gateway for a
         crowd of half a hundred or so. The guards do not seem to be
         doing detailed searches or surveys.  They simply seem to be
         talking to the people and a brief visual scan is only done.
         This allows the crowd to move in and out quickly.  If this
         village is a major trade center like Unali talks about it
         would be bad to delay that trade.  Delays in trade means
         less profit for the city and less profit means less guards
         and jobs.  This is actually a good thing for the party to
         be allowed entrance.

           Zhou had considered staying along the city margins but
         after looking at the area he decides a park area inside the
         city might be better.  The margins look a tad wild and
         dangerous with semi obvious criminal elements.

           Kell first scans the walls and guards.  Arawn on his horse
         also does is own scan.  But there seems to be no magical
         aura other than the normal background noise of regular
         people and things.

           Nearing the entrance three guards approach the wagon.
         Ignoring the guards one taps on the door.  "Who is master
         here?"

           Before the guard gets a good look inside Zhou exits the
         wagon and shuts the door.  he looks around.  "We are here
         already?  A quick trip.  Lad can you tell me a good tavern
         in this quaint town?  Can you get your friends to help
         with the bags?"

           The guard shifts on his feet and clearly refrains from a
         growl.  "I am not...I mean you can find a good tavern inside
         in the east district.  My men will need to stay here and
         tend to our business.  Surely your...people..." He waves
         a hand at Raban and the others.  "Can deal with your bags.
         What is your business here if I may ask?"

           "Business.  Some fun.  We are on a tour of the Empire
         and wish to seek deals in various projects."  Zhou speaks
         to the guard deadpan.

           "What type of business?" The guard inquires.

           "Land, entertainment operations and maybe some mining."

           the guard nods. "We do little mining here but there might
         be some vendors in town.  You should visit the north district
         market for good land merchants." He glances at the party
         and then speaks softly.  "The locals are keen on strangers
         but they must remain at their station."

           Zhou nods understanding but doesn't reply.  He knows that
         means out of sight and out of mind much less dealing with
         the locals.  Barbarians and foreigners deter business and
         that is less profits and less profits mean less brothels.

           "You may move on.  Good day and good business." The
         guard waves the wagon through and then the trio walk to
         the next wagon which appears to be a farmer's wagon full
         of some fruit.

           Happy with the lack of search and questions the party
         moves through the gateway.

           The town that has no name but is nicknamed Crossroads
         is not like Shantou.  Shantou is mostly ancient buildings
         and few new construction areas.  But this city is a even mix
         of ancient centuries old places next to modern shiny
         new places.  Unlike Shantou which is about 90% native
         Katai population here there are strangers and foreigners.
         Though as the guard implied they are less active and seem
         to be less vocal about being around.

           As the wagon moves through the streets the buildings seen
         are mostly 1 story but there are some 2-3 story structures.
         Soon a area in the east district seem to be a camp area and
         park.  There are half a dozen other wagons here with people
         in various duties around them.  The party finds a spot and
         sets up camp.  Being inside the city border is good for some
         reasons like safety but also allows protection from the
         obvious criminal elements outside the city border.

           "This will have to do." Zhou comments.  "It is a bit
         quiet here and will allow us to spend the night at least.
         We'll move on to Pamau in the morning."

           The party sets up a quick camp and dismounts.

           Zhou turns to Ben'dar. "Ben'dar and Caladan should head
         to the next block up.  I saw a blacksmith and stable.  Let's
         try to hire a stable boy or two.  Get some food, water and
         grooming for the horses since they deserve it."

           "Fremea, Z'leyra and Whitney can stay here with Raban to be
         the guard."

           "Myself, Unali, Farseeker as guard, Arawn and Will will
         head to a good tavern.  We'll see if we can learn some
         details and rumors on things going on here.  We also likely
         need to be seen at least once in a tavern acting like a
         party here for fun and business."

           Zhou finally adds, "Kell, Kiet, Strie'bog and Chion will
         go the marketplace and get us our supplies.  I believe we
         have the orders from Fremea, Raban and others.  Chion will
         act as your patrol in case merchants have a issue since he
         is a native."

           "Assuming there is a change someone wishes to make?" He
         asks the party for changes in his plan.

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update...Friday...

         GM: After a quick relay ICQ session via Alex to John/Will it
             was decided not to rescue the captive.  Based on emails
             from Arawn if no rescue opinion from Will then he'll also
             stay with the group.  So we moved on.  I wasn't saying
             not to do it or do it just that we need to get the plan
             formed and that takes time.  We couldn't have moved on
             to this point if we delayed by going after the captive
             so this is in interest of helping the party.  Due to
             a emergency house situation Sunday night I didn't get
             much work on the update.  As well as an hour or two less
             sleep than I normally do so am tired tonight so didn't
             get the update fully fleshed out that I wanted in my
             head.  So I stopped it here for now.  Next update I'll
             do any city encounters and juicy stuff.  This means I
             will work on it likely Wednesday night.  There isn't much
             to do here in the city at this point but if you have
             actions let me know.  I know some posted previous supply
             requests and those will be done.

         GM: The baroness if with or without the party will not matter
             for the update.  So let me know what night 30th, 1st likely
             you wish to do anything with the pills and those vague
             plans of music and such.  Outline your plans and possible
             spells or skills (playing music).  I'll do them and see
             what happens.

         GM: Groups -
             Ben'dar/Caladan                     - Horse maintenance
             Fremea, Raban, Whitney, Z'leyra     - Wagon
             Farseeker, Unali, Zhou, Arawn, Will - Tavern
             Kell, Kiet, Strie'bog, Chion        - Market

         GM: Mana stats below will not be updated until I know what
             is done on the baroness situation.

         GM: IBT notes [12 days]

               Player           Notes
             Ben'dar         12 Days Plains survival
             Caladan         5 days Sign language, 7 days Stealth
             Chion        *  No IBT actions submitted
             Farseeker       12 days Katai language
             Kell            Unarmed Combat finish, Marital Arts learn
             Kiet            12 days Teamster skill
             Raban           12 days horsemanship & Fletcher arrows both
             Strie'bog       6 Days hand-to-hand, 6 days Bowyer
             Unali           12 days Two-weapon fighting
             Whitney      *  No IBT actions submitted
             Will            12 Days First Aid learning
             Z'leyra         6 days Tailor skill, Teach first aid
             Fremea          12 days Herbalist and private skill
             Arawn        *  No IBT actions submitted

             Deadline: September 1st ***

         GM: Current day - Julis 29th Stats - Event: Patrol scene

               Player     Health  Energy  Mana   Notes
             Caladan        100%   100%   100%           ----
             Strie'bog      100%   100%   100%   Minor wound left
             Z'leyra        100%   100%   100%           ----
             Chion          100%   100%   100%           ----
             Raban          100%   100%   100%           ----
             Whitney        100%   100%   100%           ----
             Ben'dar        100%   100%    --            ----
             Farseeker      100%   100%    --            ----
             Unali          100%   100%    --            ----
             Kiet           100%   100%    92%   Still mana to recover
             Kell           100%   100%    97%   Energy level didn't recover
             Fremea         100%   100%    62%           ----
             Will           100%   100%    57%   Need to recover energy
             Arawn          100%    90%    90%

             Health - % of Max (if 100 hpv, at 50 hits would be 50%)
             Energy - % of Max (if 100 enl, at 50 enl  would be 50%)
             Mana   - % of Max (based on daily energy level casting limit)

         GM: Reminder of trip time
             Julis  30 - All day    -   30 miles travel to Crossroads
             Julis  31 - All day    -   30 miles travel to Crossroads
             Augado  1 - All day    -   30 miles travel to Crossroads
             Augado  2 - 7am-3pm    -   20 miles Arrive at Crossroads
             Augado  2 - Day/Night  -   Likely stay in town overnight
             Augado  3 - All day    -   20 miles Travel to Pamau
             Augado  4 - All day    -   20 miles Travel to Pamau
             Augado  5 - 7am-3pm    -   20 miles Arrive at Pamau