[pnpgm] Game Updae #38 - File #383 - The Battle Mind

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Tue Sep 22 10:37:23 CEST 2009

    Raban thinks for quite some time before he once more talks to the
captain.
    "Captain, your money lenders sound like a good idea but I think once
you determine what money they need you should still make sure that only
small amounts can be taken at one time. It may be best if they do not
know how much there is. If they work at all give them enough to buy some
better things and save more for when they need more help otherwise you
will change their lives too much. It is wrong for them to rejoice in the
loss of a son or husband. The rest of the money can be used much the
same way, to support those who cannot work or to assist those who need
some small help. Do not make people dependent upon your help but help
them get back to work as much as they can. Many think they want to live
off others and never work but such actions are bad for the soul and lead
man to ruin. Make sure it is enough to survive, maybe a little more so
they have reason to add to it themselves. Plan ahead for other crew
accidents instead of gathering afterward as you may not have it when it
is needed. This money gives you a chance to do many things like that.
Your idea seems a good one, you just need to make it work or even better
support itself from its share of profits somehow. If not, other
donations could be gotten to keep it working. I am not that good with
numbers so I do not know what is required, but properly run this could
benefit many people who need help. In my travels as a Bard, I do much
like what you proposed but usually only once for a family or person
since it could be years before I returned anywhere. But I do give out
maybe a hundred gold a year that way earned from my entertaining. It
varies with what I sense I need as I only earn what is required. But if
you can make this work, I could raise more money for it once we are done
with this mission. I wonder if something like it can be made to work for
other groups? But it would be best for groups who see each other as
close to family."

<yup Raban is a big hearted dummy, but one who does understand people>