[pnpgm] Game Update #32 - File #336 - Merman Combat P9/10

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Wed Sep 2 21:12:54 CEST 2009

    Raban, being an acrobat, is not too bad off with the wild ride. But
he knows the ship is too fast for him to ketch up too once he gets free.
He tries very hard to remember what direction they were traveling and
where land should be so that he can eventually find his way. Concerned
that he may be lost to the others he reaches deep into his heart for his
connection to his Goddess and prays for some guidance and possibly a
little help. But what if this was part of his Goddess's plan for him?
Not the for mission, but to help the poor people abused by this culture?
Gods do work in mysterious ways and not everything that appears bad is
bad...
    So this would be much harder than saving the world from those
invaders. It will be a little tricky earning the friendship of a people
forced to think all magic is evil, but it can be done. But there will
always be those who out of jealousy or for spite will involve the guard.
Since I am so obvious, attempting to hide would be nearly useless. That
means I would need to fight often and likely would need to kill to
prevent them gathering more each time, or I would need to play a role
that is somehow protected from the guards. The people could try to
protect me but that puts them at too much risk, so it is best that I
find a role inherently protected. But does this culture have such a
role? Wandering Mystic, or Hermit Sage are unlikely. Wise Man has the
same problem. 'Touched' by the Gods could work but they have turned away
from the Gods. I would need to bring back their old Gods to have much of
a chance. I would need to start a rebellion to do that and it would need
to be wide spread before the guard could react. I suppose a 'running'
campaign of healing and other 'miracles' could spread belief and hope
fairly wide, but that would require a lot of guidance to find the places
that need such help. I would have to be on the move constantly, just
staying at each place long enough to do what is needed. My flight would
be enough to keep ahead of trouble but only if they did not know I could
fly? Or is it better to use that 'miracle' as well? Planning this may be
beyond my capabilities, I will just have to trust my goddess will guide
me....

<Of course that much thought may be beyond the time allowed for such a
slow thinker ;)