[pnpgm] Game update #122 - File #685 - Z'leyra's IBT

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Mar 20 07:13:04 CET 2009

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  Do David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R? J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #122 in sequence (file #685)

     Admin Notes: Nona.

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          OOC: Sorry for the delay. I had some computer issues but things
          should be back to normal now.

          A) Languages-
             Arawn states an interest in learning Ipanza before the
             tribesman leave but upon hearing Raban's request to learn Sidh
             he grows quiet, a pensive look on his face. A short while later
             he responds, after Fremea makes her offer to teach the bard
             the magics of Archery.

             "Raban, the magics of the Sidh are a sacred thing as is our
             tongue. The two go hand in hand and are not casually taught to
             those who do not venerate or are Sidh. But I have thought over
             this and I am willing to teach you if you still desire. You
             are a good man with a compassionate heart and that is
             admirable. You are also a bard of Miryan and their are bonds
             between the Court of Cernunnous and the courts of my mother
             and of my father. For these reasons I am willing to pass this
             knowledge on to you in hopes that you will use it wisely. All
             I ask in return is that you treasure it as a sacred gift and
             do not lightly pass such knowledge on to others and that you
             will use to the benefit of good people, and especially in
             regards to the courts of Life and the Sidh."

             If Raban wants to learn Sidh quickly he can use the necklace
             and use the last slot to learn Sidh. If he's willing to wait
             to use the necklace or wants to learn it slowly then Arawn
             would like to learn Ipanza.
             If Arawn is nearby and hears K'iet asking Oby about the books
             and what language they are written in he will reply-

             "They should be in Lymrian as the castle was a remnant of that
             nation. As for translations, I have been working on that and
             will hopefully have something useful to share shortly."
             --------------

             In regards to learning Force Powers-
             Hearing Kiet's inquiry and Chion's interest in Force powers
             Arawn lets out a soft breath, his gaze cast to the side as if
             in thought, before responding.

             "I am not experienced with such magics but I have seen the
             basics. I may be able to pass them on to the two of you if you
             are willing."

             OOC: Hopefully I haven't forgotten to reply to anyone. If so,
             please let me know.
        GM: Ack.  Books and such will be dealt with later. Teaching of
            powers can be done later as their IBT actions are done.  Would
            be hard to refigure out math wise. Problem with learning Ipanza.
            They leave the 7th.  No more slots free or time.  You'd have
            to go up to Sven's domain to meet them and likely travel on
            the Tundra to find them.  Unless you add a Tongues spell
            For your IBT actions.  If so let me know ASAP so it doesn't
            mess up the mana count.  They are a remote people so really
            not sure knowing the language would be useful?

                        -------------------------

        From Raban: [Re: Sidh]
          Raban smiles sadly at Arawn's offer, thinking about long ago. "I
          met my Bardic teacher in an Inn where we both were entertaining.
          I had not seen many Elves before I met her and we impressed each
          other with our skills. I taught her many things she was quite
          happy to learn and she taught me much about becoming a bard.
          Sadly there came a time when she thought I had learned enough
          and she had other things she wished to do.

          But she had not gotten to teaching me Sidh and only a little of
          the Elf Sidh, even though she told me some about the Elven magics.
          I think she found she did not like how others reacted to me and
          decided the easier solution was to leave. She was never quite
          happy with my choice of deity either, but like you said my
          Goddess is somewhat allied to the Sidh powers as is the Court
          she belongs too. In the years since then, I have always planned
          to continue those teachings but never really had the chance til
          now. I suppose I have neglected to learn much of that I should
          have, but my path has been a busy one at times. I admit I am a
          bit stronger tied to Elder if my skill with those runes are any
          example. I was even told I could perhaps become a Wizard, though
          I personally do not think I am bright enough to do it credit, at
          least from what I have heard. The bardic life suits me fine
          enough that I do not need to do more than expand the spells I
          know and as a Bard I am allowed to learn any Elder, Sidh or
          Neutral Spell I can arrange training in. So I thank you for your
          offer and accept, is there anything else I can offer in return?
          I assure you I will honor your gift as it deserves, I do not
          treat such things lightly."

          <The tongues item would speed this up quite a lot, and Em/3 is
          not too bad a start. Though it will rise quite slow as well. 2
          months of language training in an instant is pretty hard to turn
          down, but there are other days to do it if others need the item
          more."
        GM: Ack. All right.  Use the necklace. Roger.

        [Apris 6th, 1634TH. 9th Day of Adventure #4.
        [Location: High Elder's domain - Citadel, Dark Lands, Forest]

        GM: Z'leyra's IBT actions...

            [On the trip back Ben'dar helps to teach Z'leyra more things
             with her horse and riding.  On the 4th and 6th, Z'leyra is
             seen casting some spells away from the party camp.  It isn't
             clear which ones but two are obviously invisibility and
             concealing mist.  She seems to just be practicing them.  It
             isn't clear if she casts more spells once on the Citadel
             grounds or not.  But knowing her it is likely she will.]

            [Just after sunrise on the 7th around 7am, Z'leyra is walking
             to the tavern in the village for a breakfast.  She notices in
             the woods a group of about 12 and decides to stop and watch the
             group.  There is a man in his mid-40s that seems to be leading
             a group of 8 or so younger people.  He is demonstrating a spell
             called Blade Shield.  To demonstrate it he casts the spell on
             himself and has two of the young ones try to attack him.  They
             swing short swords but the blades are deflected almost half of
             the time completely away even though they should've surely hit
             him.  The blades just seem to be deflected and a static charge
             is seen of which particles when the blades are deflected away.
             The master then informs the group of ways around like missile
             or magic but ensures it is a good defense for certain tactical
             situations.  Z'leyra continues on to eat.  Z'leyra has found
             these demonstrations common as a street vendor in a Sivas
             city market.]

            [Once back in the Citadel Z'leyra finds a Armorer shop and tents
             time on the forget and buys materials.  She plans to make
             magical sling projectiles.  So for the remainder of her days
             in the Citadel she is using her Armorer skills to make those
             projectiles and in the shop.]

            [On the 8th, little after 8pm, Z'leyra is entering the Citadel
             and notices a group of 5 peasants talking with Zhou and Suca.
             One their leader seems to be complaining about a man in the
             Balance domain not being treated right with some trial.  They
             are pleading for the Elder to intervene.  Z'leyra doesn't hear
             what the offense was but Zhou assures them the matter will be
             on the agenda when he returns.  Z'leyra wonders where the
             Elder could be that would allow matters of state go without
             some consultation.  Who is in charge then?  She wonders if
             they can contact him and get a quicker answer.  Wherever the
             Elder is he must be dealing with something important.  Maybe
             the events with the flying island and the after effects of it,
             especially in Itom's domain.]

            [Near 3pm on the 8th, Z'leyra is spending time in the nearby
             forest.  As she walks some distance into the forest she notices
             a group of about 15 peasants singing in a nearby clearing.
             They seem to be talking about a upcoming birth that is blessed
             by some god not mentioned.  One young girl dances as the others
             sing and chant various prayers.  Not wanting to disturb this
             possible ritual or ceremony, Z'leyra moves on and avoids the
             group.]

            [Near sunset on the 10th, Z'leyra is again in the forest coming
             back into the Citadel grounds.  Suddenly she hears horses
             behind her and turns toward the setting sun and can't find the
             horses.  Soon four horses approach and fast.  Z'leyra draws a
             hand to a weapon for the first time in this place but suddenly
             notice they don't seem to be a threat.  The four riders, all
             male adults are laughing and talking.  They seem to be carrying
             bags and have bows and quivers on their back.  They see Z'leyra
             and ride slower toward her and acknowledge her.  Soon it
             becomes obvious they are hunters after a very successful long
             hunt in the west.  They are heading to the meat market dealers
             to sell their meat.  Z'leyra notices the men seem quite happy
             to be hunters.]

            [Apris 11th, little after 10am, Z'leyra is taking a break from
             her projects and notices a group of 7 peasants clashing with
             each other down the small village street.  It seems four are
             arguing with the other 3 about some person.  Listening in it
             seems some family conflict with an arranged marriage and the
             groom seems to have come up missing after a trip to the
             eastern domains.  Soon a couple guards come to break up the
             fight and they disperse.  Z'leyra still finds this domain is
             quite peaceful but outside there is conflict and strife like
             any normal society.  She could investigate more on the missing
             person but that would distract her from the projects and
             whatever the Elder needs the party for.]

            [While in a tavern for lunch around 12:30pm on the 12th,
             Z'leyra notices a group of 4 travelers sitting at a nearby
             table.  They aren't clearly from around here and from what she
             can learn from their conversation they from the eastern
             domains but doesn't know where exactly.  They keep talking
             like "they" sent them for something to keep something safe.
             But from the hushed conversations they don't give much more
             than that.  Not knowing who "they" are or what organization
             they work for or where they are from or going to Z'leyra just
             notes the table talk as typical everyday talk.  The only
             interesting thing she learns from the group before they leave
             is a odd rumor. They mention the "witch" was said to be in two
             places at once.  Her domain and another place north of that.
             Rumors from some unknown sources aren't saying how but at
             least 3 of the four believe she could have.  The fourth seems
             to think she doesn't have the power.  Who the witch was or
             when this was or why isn't clear.  Soon they leave the tavern
             and mount up and ride off fast before Z'leyra could pay for
             her own food and follow.]

        Actions? Comments?

        Next Update...Monday..

        GM: Not quite done with Z'leyra's sheet.  May take a bit longer.
            Then on to Arawn and Raban.  After that I need to work on
            a new character joining us.  Then help another old character
            return to the game.  Then hopefully by then work on the
            last new player to join once I hear back from him.  So I'm
            about 40% done with IBT.  Still have to also work on the
            next adventure details.  :<

        GM: Timeline - [Reminder to me and you]
            Apris 3-6 - Travel to Citadel
            Apris 7-14- IBT time
            Apris 15  - High Elder's Meeting
            Total IBT Days: 12

        GM: IBT Actions - IBT events will be queued.

                        Actions   Actions   Results  Sheet
              Player    Posted   Processed  Posted   sent    Completed
            #0 Caladan    Yes       Yes       Yes      Yes      Yes
            #1 Ben'dar    Yes       Yes       Yes      Yes      Yes
            #2 Chion      Yes       Yes       Yes      Yes      Yes
            #3 Kiet       Yes       Yes       Yes      Yes      Yes
            #4 Fremea     Yes       Yes       Yes      Yes      Yes
            #5 Unali      Yes       Yes       Yes      yes      Yes
            #6 Z'leyra    Yes       Yes       Ues      No
            #7 Arawn      Yes       Soon      No       No
            #8 Raban      Yes       Soon      No       No

            Actions Posted - IBT actions sent to me. Yes/No
            Actions processed - Yes if completed, Soon if soon to tackle,
              Working for work in progress or back and forth in email
              questions/answers.
            Results Posted - Yes/No if results of the IBT actions posted
            Sheet Sent - Yes/No if FINAL post-Adventure #4 sheet updated

        GM: Learning Languages
            Days/Slots: 12

            Slot  Player   Language  Success Slot Player   Language Success
             #1   Chion    L'p'nth     Yes    #2  Unali    Donaran    Yes
             #3   Unali    Elf Sidh    Yes    #4  Caladan  Katai      Yes
             #5   Z'leyra  Helva       Yes    #6  Z'leyra  Lemasan    Yes
             #7   Fremea   Katai       Yes    #8  Fremea   Bird       Yes
             #9   Fremea   Zen'dali    Yes    #10 Raban    Fae Sidh   Yes
             #11  Kiet     Zen'dali    Yes    #12 ??????

            Slot 10-12?: Chion - Multiple if no one else learns any?

            Slots left: 1

            Note: Remember this is STARTING ELs.  So not max.  But
            its a start.  Slot 12 is still empty.  Sign up or Chion
            can take that with a particular request?  There will be
            more time during the adventure.

            *** ONE SLOT LEFT ***

            *** Raban wants to learn Tongue of Sidh.  Since it is
            supernatural that tends to be a bit more Sacred like.
            If someone wants to teach him that I'll put him in for
            slot #12.  If so let me know.  I figure some may not
            want supernatural tongues revealed much less given out freely.
            So its optional.