[pnpgm] Late responses

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Thu Mar 19 03:37:45 CET 2009

   Raban smiles sadly at Arawn's offer, thinking about long ago. "I met
my Bardic teacher in an Inn where we both were entertaining. I had not
seen many Elves before I met her and we impressed each other with our
skills. I taught her many things she was quite happy to learn and she
taught me much about becoming a bard. Sadly there came a time when she
thought I had learned enough and she had other things she wished to do.
But she had not gotten to teaching me Sidh and only a little of the Elf
Sidh, even though she told me some about the Elven magics. I think she
found she did not like how others reacted to me and decided the easier
solution was to leave. She was never quite happy with my choice of deity
either, but like you said my Goddess is somewhat allied to the Sidh
powers as is the Court she belongs too. In the years since then, I have
always planned to continue those teachings but never really had the
chance til now. I suppose I have neglected to learn much of that I
should have, but my path has been a busy one at times. I admit I am a
bit stronger tied to Elder if my skill with those runes are any example.
I was even told I could perhaps become a Wizard, though I personally do
not think I am bright enough to do it credit, at least from what I have
heard. The bardic life suits me fine enough that I do not need to do
more than expand the spells I know and as a Bard I am allowed to learn
any Elder, Sidh or Neutral Spell I can arrange training in. So I thank
you for your offer and accept, is there anything else I can offer in
return? I assure you I will honor your gift as it deserves, I do not
treat such things lightly."

<The tongues item would speed this up quite a lot, and Em/3 is not too
bad a start. Though it will rise quite slow as well. 2 months of
language training in an instant is pretty hard to turn down, but there
are other days to do it if others need the item more."