[pnpgm] Game Update #102 - File #563 - Imps, Dips and Hips

Tobie Bonahoom bonahoom at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 8 09:13:47 CET 2009


Fremea looks around at her party and wonders just what has happened with this group before she met up with them. Unali obviously did not like the kiss that Ben'dar planted though, he most likely did not do it and probably doesn't even know it happened.

"So, I am sure you are wondering what has happened. There is too much to say and very little time to tell it in. However, the short answer is that I have melded with the Seker and now control the direction of the island itself and have instructed it to go out over the water as fast as possible." Fremea seems to have gained a composure that none of the party has seen before, as if she is more confident than timid and has an eloquence about her with her speach. "I will learn everything I can from the Seker, yet is my intention to release him and the elementals, as I promised. I am just making sure there will be no casulaties below us or on this island. I will keep the island afloat just long enough for us to remove all important treasures and valuables before I do what is important. If you have questions ask now, as I can feel and see all that has happened before with the island at least."

> Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 02:55:44 -0500
> To: pnpgm at abroere.xs4all.nl
> From: longshot at darktech.org
> Subject: [pnpgm] Game Update #102 - File #563 - Imps, Dips and Hips
> 
> 
>   HT Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
>   -- -----------------------------------------------------------------
>   R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
>   ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
>   R1 Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
>   W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
>   -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
>   Do David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
>   R? J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
>   W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
>   R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
>      Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),
>              
>      Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
>      Public posts/actions to pnpgm at abroere.xs4all.nl (mailing list)
>      Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org
>                         
>      Game Update #102 in sequence (file #563)      
>      ----------------------------------------------------------------
>               
>      Admin Notes: None. 
>      -----------------------------------------------------------------
>      [Recap]
> 
>         From Raban: [Re: Actions]
>           For Raban, Frema has decided his actions as he must protect her
>           from the strange elf. But all he needs to do is stop him from
>           hurting anyone, so that should be easy enough. Before the
>           thoughts complete Raban is already dropping to grab the elf and
>           yelling 'Stop' in poor Sidh... These odd tiny fliers would appear
>           to be something magical but easily destroyed so any in reach can
>           be crushed if he has time...
> 
>           <Yelling is not the best Idea Raban has had, hopefully he can
>           dodge the spear. Raban is faster than thought..at least his
>           own..> <Maybe he will get lucky and the spear will only ketch
>           his pants, he should be Happy to have a Nude Rear in this case>
>           <Eeek! Bad Pun!>
>         GM: Ack. 
> 
>                         -----------------------
> 
>         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
>           Arawn watched with amusement and curiousity as Fremea took on
>           the role of the mysterious Chosen One. He hoped that this action
>           would prove to be beneficial in the long run but that would be
>           discovered later on for more pressing concerns were coming to
>           pass. The Anwora had decided to rush Fremea just as Imps
>           materialized within the chamber. The druid quickly realized that
>           these minor nuisances could prove deadly if they should
>           successfully possess the warriors of the party and drew his
>           sword to deal with them as Raban moved forward to deal with the
>           Anwara. If anyone could successfully subdue the Anwora it would
>           be the giant bard. Calling out to his kin Arawn shouted, "A wall
>           keeps the gods from this realm! Millenia have passed! Hold,my
>           kin!"
> 
>           Suddenly Arawn watches as one of the Imps manages to overcome
>           Ben'dar's protections and disappears. Recalling what he had read
>           about them he quickly came to the horrible conclusion that it had
>           possessed Ben'dar. This was not good, having what could possibly
>           be their strongest warrior turned against them! The question was,
>           attempt an exorcism now and risk the others being possessed or
>           kill the Imps and allow a possessed Ben'dar to rampage? Deciding
>           that dropping the number of Imps would prove a better idea in the
>           long run Arawn could only hope that Ben'dar would not wreak too
>           much havoc before he could be helped. Thinking over the magic at
>           his disposal he wondered what, if any, magics were dampened in
>           this area- likely Balance and, the thought, possibly Sidh as well.
>           Magics currently tied to Chaos might prove best and he decided
>           on an area effect spell to hopefully dispose of them quickly.
> 
>           OOC: Phase 1) Not sure where the Imps are range-wise but if they
>           can be caught in a Thunderswarm spell Arawn will try that at max
>           EL with the wand, using EnL if needed. If they are too far away
>           then he'll try a Fireball if that can reach them, angled up to
>           avoid Ben'dar. If still too far then he'll use his elven bow.
> 
>           Phase 2) If any of the spells seemed to work he'll continue to
>           use them if more than half the Imps are still up. Otherwise he'll
>           use his bow or attempt an Exorcism on Ben'dar, using the wand and
>           EnL, if it seems feasible.
> 
>           Arawn will try to avoid getting hit by Ben'dar if possible,
>           using his EL's defensively or dodging as long as it doesn't
>           disrupt his  own actions trying to do so.
>         GM: Ack. 
> 
>                         -----------------------
> 
>         From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
>           Fremea sees amazing places and things flood through her mind in
>           an instant, almost overwhelming her. She is able to regain
>           herself quickly though as something pops out of the amulet and
>           starts to attack her group and at the same time the Anwora yells
>           that it can not be this way. Speaking in a language the group
>           can understand, "Quickly dispatch this insane elf, it will ease
>           his mind to be released from captivity himself and no longer
>           suffer. He is a threat."
> 
>           She will then pick up anything that can be quickly thrown at an
>           imp and let it go. Doing her best to stop one of them from doing
>           what ever they are doing.
>         GM: Ack. 
> 
>                         -----------------------
> 
>         From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
>           What do you get when two Imps collide in the night?
>           Imp-ply
>         GM: Ack.  ohh..bad :) Don't encourage the Dwarves!
> 
>                         -----------------------
> 
>         From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
>           Hearing Fremea's recommended call of action Arawn wonders if
>           the connection has somehow affected her or if her lack of
>           connection to the Sidh realms is to account for her decision.
>           There were too many unanswered questions and striking or freeing
>           any before more knowledge of the pact came to light could cause
>           even more devastation. If the gods enabled this situation and did
>           not yet undo it they had to have a very, very strong reason to do
>           so. He worried what the ramifications of the actions of the day
>           would be. As soon as he was done calling out he quickly added,
>           [Marentian] "We don't know enough to judge the situation. Try to
>           contain instead of kill... if reasonably feasible."
> 
>           *** Fremea's email deleted ***
> 
>           [In Marentian]"Forgive me Arawn, he is no longer your kin. He is
>           really no longer an elf by any standards, he means to kill. And I
>           will not allow him to kill us all." Fremea makes sure she is
>           between the Anwora and the Seker.
>         GM: Ack. 
> 
>                         -----------------------
> 
>         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
>           Z'leyra suggests to Kiet "We should move all valuables and folks
>           to the platform to be ready to keep us safe if this island is
>           about to crash."
>         GM: Ack. 
> 
>                         -----------------------
> 
>         From Kiet: [Re: Reply to Z'leyra]
>           Kiet replys, "Well, if the others don't come back does that mean
>           you and I get it all to ourselves?" with a big, cheesy grin on
>           his face.
> 
>           Kiet will help haul the goodies and the prisoners.
>         GM: Ack. 
> 
>      -----------------------------------------------------------------
>      [New Stuff]
> 
>         [Ma 2nd, 1633TH. 5th Day of Adventure #4.
>         [Location: Chaos domain, Dark Lands, ? Miles up, Flying Island]
> 
>         [Time: 12:19 pm]
> 
>         [As the flying monkey/lizard/reptile/demon things burst around the
>          cave the party goes into a semi automatic battle mode.]
> 
>         [Raban stares at the flying creatures, gnats to him nothing of a
>          major threat.  They seem to like to hit and bounce off folks for
>          some reason.  They seem to be magical so he has confidence in his
>          own angelica potion to protect him.  But the Anwora Elf thing has
>          clearly started toward the Seker and Fremea.  He clearly shows
>          intent to harm either.  If the Seker dies that could mean disaster
>          if he understand the situation well enough.  If Fremea dies then
>          he'll be really upset and no one wants to see that.  He tries to
>          recall the previous conversation and seems to pick out "Picked
>          One" and "Mel" from Fremea's words.  His sidh skills aren't
>          spectacular.  But clearly Fremea seems eager to help or hinder
>          the situation.]
> 
>         [As Fremea moved forward Arawn finds himself amazed and curious
>          of her actions.  The prophecy speaks of the Chosen One and now
>          there is suddenly need for one.  Arawn watches the Imps fly
>          and buzz about.  He knows they are little in terms of combat
>          or physical threat.  But if they take a body like Raban or
>          Ben'dar they could be devastating to the party.  Arawn watches
>          as Raban moves toward the hostile Anwora.  He yells to the
>          Anwora quickly.]
> 
>         Arawn: "A wall keeps the gods from this realm! Millennia have
>           passed! Hold, my kin!"
> 
>         [Arawn realizes that Ben'dar must have failed to defend against an
>          Imp.  The imp must be inside him and that could be quite dangerous
>          the party.  He knows an Exorcism ritual will take some time to
>          use.  But there are more pressing things to worry about including
>          the other imps and the Anwora.]
> 
>         [Fremea's mind race with images and information like height, speed,
>          wind and such all in a fraction of the time to gasp.  So much
>          information it will take some deep thought to decipher.  it must
>          be the past locations and travel path of the flying castle over
>          the great span of time.  As quickly as they come the data fades
>          away into deep memory.  In the next second as the Imps appear
>          and flee the amulet more information slowly comes to her.  This
>          time it shows the forest below and the sky.  It seems the castle
>          is now little over 4 miles above the forest and falling. But
>          with her almost instantaneous request the castle jerked and
>          changed its location.  She requested to the Seker to move toward
>          the ocean and it is now moving east and a bit south east.  Based
>          on the map in the navigation room the ocean is a good 30 miles
>          away to the east.  Satisfied she clears her mind of the telepathic
>          meld and comes back to the present. Fremea wonders if these same
>          images and how they came into her mind is the same as Arawn saw
>          at Lake Octa.  When Fremea notices the Anwora approach her
>          and still in a threatening manner she yells out to the party
>          in Marentian.  She knows if the Seker does a fall of 4 miles
>          might give the party only a couple minutes to flee this place.
>          Not to mention what the death of the Seker could do to her mind.]
> 
>         Fremea: "Quickly dispatch this insane elf, it will ease his mind to
>           be released from captivity himself and no longer suffer. He is a
>           threat."
> 
>         [Unali shrugs off the Imp that collided with her chest and ignores
>          it as she draws her second dagger.  She lurches forward and runs
>          toward Ben'dar while yelling to him.]
> 
>         Unali: "Ben'dar, KILL the imps."
> 
>         [Arawn is amazed to understand that Unali knows about Imps.  Not
>          many know of the demons.  Arawn begins to cast a quick area effect
>          spell by starting the words and gestures.  But no spell goes off
>          as he figures failure.  It could be this place or a simple
>          failure.  He knows he is too far to stop the Anwora.]
> 
>         [Fremea takes to the air off the Seker's chest and then dips
>          right back down toward the Anwora to prevent him from getting
>          to the Seker.  She raises her dagger to block his path and
>          continues to flap her wings, ready in case the insane Elf will
>          do something drastic.  The flapping of her wings as she hovers
>          will hopefully keep imps away from her and the head of the
>          Seker itself.]
> 
>         [The imps fly forward toward Raban and Unali.  Imp #1, 3 and 8
>          fly toward Unali and swarm her.  They ram into her chest, hip
>          and back but all bounce off.  The other four all collide into
>          Raban but all bounce off with dizzying speed.]
> 
>         [Raban growls and bats the imps away and charges forward toward
>          the Anwora and to help Fremea. He runs to the right side of
>          the Seker and rounds his shoulder.  His large hands go out
>          to grasp the Anwora as he does he yells to him.]
> 
>         Raban: "Stop!"
> 
>         [Raban yells the command in good Sidh as he reaches for the Elf.
>          With one hand Raban grabs the spear and yanks.  With the other
>          hand he twirls the Elf around from facing west to north.  He
>          then places one arm up and over the Elf's head and under his chin.
>          The spear goes up and with the other hand he pulls the shaft
>          up to the neck and tries a simple hold move.]
> 
>         [Unali notices the Imps have moved away from Ben'dar and now
>          seem to be at her side.  She lunges and twirls and tries to
>          stab two with two daggers.  Her magical dagger misses one by
>          a few inches but her normal dagger hits one in the shoulder
>          and stabs deep.  The creature falls to the ground and doesn't
>          move when she pulls the dagger out.]
> 
>         [Ben'dar's eyes twinkle and a grin comes to his face as he feels
>          a need to scratch a odd itch all over.  He gives a wild howl
>          of delight and jumps up spreading his legs as if stepping on
>          hot coals.  He then turns left and runs toward the Anwora.
>          He rounds the Anwora and comes up behind Raban who glances at
>          him with confusion.  Running at full speed Ben'dar slaps
>          the giant on the behind and continues past him to the right
>          of the Seker.  He ends up a couple feet from Arawn.]
> 
>         [Arawn glances over at Ben'dar and realizes he must be controlled
>          by one of the Imps.  The warrior is not holding his pike with
>          both hands a good sign that he'll not at least be using it in
>          the next second or two.  He twists and raises his sword just in
>          case Ben'dar will attack.]
> 
>         [The Anwora tries to resist Raban's forceful grip and tries to pull
>          down the spear from the choke hold.  But it is futile as it seems
>          Raban has 3 or 4 times the strength.  He grunts and twists trying
>          to throw him off his back but again finds it a futile attempt.]
> 
>         [Fremea nods at Raban knowing he has the situation well in hand.
>          Confused by Ben'dar's choice of actions she takes to the air
>          knowing Raban could handle it.  He could probably just snap
>          his neck with one swift move but he is too gentle for that.
>          She flies over the Seker and toward a few of the Imps that
>          were where Raban was a few seconds ago.  She stabs Imp#5 in
>          the shoulder and he takes a wound but not enough to kill it.]
> 
>         [Three Imps fly this time from Raban's last location to Unali and
>          bounce off her.  One that went after Unali flies toward Raban
>          but bounces off his back with a wet splash.  There is one left
>          who has tried all three and decides to go after Fremea with
>          claws.  But both claws fail to strike the fast moving Faerry.]
> 
>         [Raban knows that simply hitting the Anwora could cause some
>          Sidh god or relative to be quite upset.  Never know what
>          could happen like death.  So he continues the choke hole and
>          slowly it begins to work.  The Anwora begins to lose his
>          strength and goes limp.  Raban drags him a few feet away from
>          the Seker and takes the spear away from the sleeping Elf.]
> 
>         [Unali glances and notices Ben'dar not surrounded and seems to
>          be all right.  She twirls and ducks in only the skill of a Katai
>          dagger maiden might have.  Her magical dagger again fails to
>          hit one quick agile target but her normal dagger stabs one in
>          the chest and kills it.]
> 
>         [Ben'dar grins at Arawn and runs toward Unali.  But at the last
>          second he stops and twists right now off the right shoulder
>          of Arawn.  With his right hand he flicks a finger at the Alfar's
>          pointy ears and makes it bounce.  He giggles then twists again
>          and moves toward Unali.  Dropping his Pike he grabs her from
>          behind and pulls him toward him as if to get her away from the
>          flying Imps.  As he drags her a foot she tries to resist but
>          he stops and comes around.  Placing one arm around her back
>          he leans in and gives her a big long kiss on the mouth.  Her
>          eyes bulge in confusion the kiss continues for two seconds.]
> 
>         [Arawn confused by the Zen'da's weird drunken like state looks
>          at the embrace and sighs.  He has read the Imps tend to be like
>          Faerry a bit mischievous.  He hopes it is the Imp doing that and
>          not Ben'dar.  Unali will probably kill him if it wasn't the Imp.
>          Maybe deep down Ben'dar always wanted to try it and the Imp
>          found that desire.  Who knows.  Not wasting time Arawn moves
>          toward one Imp and swings his sword.  He doesn't have time
>          to glance to see what Raban has done to the Anwora but hopes it
>          is not violence.  He says in Marentian.]
> 
>         Arawn: "We don't know enough to judge the situation. Try to contain
>           instead of kill... if reasonably feasible."
> 
>         [Arawn's sword fails to contact one of the flying Imps.]
> 
>         [Fremea hovering near Arawn hears his words and hopes the Alfar
>          is not offended by hurting someone he may know.  She swings
>          her dagger at one of the flying Imps and replies back to him.]
> 
>         Fremea: "Forgive me Arawn, he is no longer your kin. He is really
>           no longer an elf by any standards,"
> 
>         [Her dagger fails to strike one of the agile creatures.]
> 
>         [The remaining four Imps know their combination of attacks to
>          control the Humans have failed.  The Sidh are out of their
>          ability to possess.  So they go for pure combat now and go
>          after each in a random fashion. One Imp dives toward Arawn
>          and scratches his right shoulder but his armor protects from the
>          damage.  One uses both claws on Ben'dar's back but his dragon
>          armor protects him.  One claws at Fremea but fails to strike.
>          The last one flies past and claws at Unali with one hand and
>          the deep hit draws blood past her armor doing 2 points of damage.]
> 
>         [Raban runs forward to help the others.  He slaps one of the flying
>          beasts hard with his right hand.  The beast goes flying left toward
>          the cave wall.  This is the one that Fremea previously wounded and
>          the bug splats with a forceful impact causing it to implode and
>          explode at the same time like a bug being stepped on.]
> 
>         [Unali's pain brings her back to reality at this shocking but
>          interesting attack from Ben'dar.  Using her legs she twists
>          and whips Ben'dar around and onto the ground so she lands
>          on top of him.  He giggles as she pushes off and gets to her
>          feet.  She has a urge to knock him out then and there but
>          there are a couple Imps still left it seems.  She finds
>          one nearby and swings both daggers at it.  Both daggers hit
>          the creature and do plenty of damage to kill it.]
> 
>         [Ben'dar's expression changes and the giggle stops suddenly.
>          He grabs the pike nearby and charges Raban this time with a howl
>          of anger.  He swings his pike and the tall giant is just able to
>          dodge the blow.  Knowing that if he had hit Raban might be dead
>          since he is wounded.]
> 
>         [Arawn swings his sword at one near him and slices it deep and
>          kills the Imp.]
> 
>         [Fremea sees the last Imp and flies toward it while swinging her
>          dagger.  She finishes the reply to Arawn as well.]
> 
>         Fremea: "he means to kill. And I will not allow him to kill us
>           all."
> 
>         [The dagger impales so hard into the Imp's shoulder it goes clearly
>          through the small creature and out the other side.  The imp
>          falls to the cave ground dead.]
> 
>         [Raban knows Ben'dar is clearly insane now and pushes Ben'dar up
>          against the cave wall with dirt coming down.  He keeps him there
>          until he should know what to do.]  
> 
>         [The Seker stares at the party and then at Ben'dar.  He
>          begins to send out a massive telepathic bombardment into the
>          warrior's mind.]
> 
>         [Suddenly the Imp inside Ben'dar jumps out startling Raban and
>          flies away.  Arawn swings his sword at it but fails.  As does
>          Fremea and Unali.]
> 
>         [The Imp looks around and notices his fellow beasts are down
>          and decides to go after Fremea.  The claw attack fails though.]
> 
>         [Unali leaps up and swings both daggers at the last Imp.  The
>          magical fails to hit but her normal dagger hits and kills the
>          creature with the damage.]
> 
>         [Ben'dar chokes on some of the dirt that falls past him and the
>          dust and shakes his head.  One minute he is standing somewhere
>          now he is kissing the wall?  A massive headache seems to come to
>          his head and confusion starts to seep into his mind.  He feels a
>          large mass behind him and hopes it isn't the Seker but a friendly
>          Bard instead.]
> 
>         [The Bard looks over at Unali and gives her a sly grin as she
>          wipes her mouth and bloody dagger against the floor.  Arawn
>          looks over and sees the limp Anwora in the distance and
>          the Seker still seems fine though still chained.]
> 
>         Actions? Comments?
> 
>         Next Update...Friday...
> 
>         GM: Sigh.  A late update but its good enough at this point to go
>             out.  I'll do Kiet/Z'leyra stuff next update or the following
>             one.  I must admit this one was rough to do. It might be the
>             New Year blues or something.  Just harder to write though I
>             had a better picture in my mind for it. It was more a chore
>             than I thought.  But it should get better soon. Thanks Chris
>             for letting me have some fun.  I hope it at least gave a smile
>             if not a OMG he didn't!  Ben'dar should be normal now.
>             The Imps are all dead.  The Seker seems fine.  The Anwora
>             is knocked out.  No need for a map at this point.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> pnpgm mailing list
> pnpgm at abroere.xs4all.nl
> http://abroere.xs4all.nl/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pnpgm

_________________________________________________________________
Windows LiveTM: Keep your life in sync. 
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t1_allup_explore_012009
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20090108/df9a4b66/attachment.html>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list