[pnpgm] Ruling on Oblivion...

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Tue Apr 21 17:31:07 CEST 2009

Just a quick response on this:
PnP in a few places has stated that innate powers cannot Abysmal, in
others it says spells powered by Enl cannot abysmal.
Thus the straight answer would be [No], no Abysmal no sent to Oblivion

BUT since you do not use the same Abysmal System, that aspect was wide
open again anyway.

I like your approach on Ptoth, it does make it interesting when you have
to wonder what could happen to what you send away.
Personally I would not automatically let it go with the caster but make
that an option for added cost.
One early use is to send something away so you can escape, that use is
gone if it is attached to you as you cant get away.
If Attached relative to the caster then it can be abused by relocating
the return point over a cliff etc

And here is the fun problem, if the anchor is the caster and he gets
sent away by an abysmal....he cannot ever return!
Permanent Statue in Ptoth's garden
Or one that wakes and wanders about after the duration expires