[pnpgm] Chion's reply to the upcoming quest

kzinti maouse kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 11 09:56:02 CEST 2009

Chion stands smiling and says, "I do not need magic to kill in Katai." He pauses, knowing he got Z'leyra's attention. "But that creates a problem of the past. I am unsure if I have aged enough to be unknown in Katai. Should I be recognized by anyone, I will undoubtedly put the party at risk. I will change my hair, and scent prior to leaving. I have no problems with not bringing magical items, though I do wish to return for them. I would, however, suggest teleporting to southern Chosai and then travelling over the border to Katai as an easier route. I can easily return to most places in Chosai. There are roads between the countries. And that way we will have a cover story for once we have been over the border which will cover us at least to the last Chosai town we go through. We can use the location magic before crossing the border to see if the Vong are near northern Katai without worry." He looks around. "There is no way that Katai will allow this merry
 band to bring in weapons and armor of the kind we have been used to weilding. Even as props for some play. As entertainers we simply wouldn't be allowed to have such things. Unless they have changed since my last... visit."

He then addresses the High Elder directly, "Your excellency, I wish to ask a favor concerning the Vong. I wish that you prepare a place for one to be detained. I wish to attempt to teleport one back for study. May the God Beyond the Pale be praised and willing. If successful, we can get to know their language and culture and more. If you think it is wise for me to try, I might need a device which can aid me and remain undetected while in Katai."

(for some, this is the first time in over two years anyone has heard Chion mention a God.)

-Marcel