[pnpgm] Update #83

Tobie Bonahoom bonahoom at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 22 13:26:52 CEST 2008

"Thank you for your concern Arawn, though my armor is in very good condition at this time. If there is a need, I will be glad to accept later."

________________________________
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:25:31 -0700
From: lithalis at yahoo.com
To: pnpgm at abroere.xs4all.nl
Subject: Re: [pnpgm] Update #83

   "It is good to know that you strive for peaceful resolutions to situations, Raban. As to when to cross a line, to fight or talk, it is not always an easily definable line. Life is a precious thing but we cannot deny death its due. Both are part of the great cycle, for all life subsists on the lives of other things. The hunter eats his prey just as the prey feeds on the lives of plants. It is not an issue of whether an action is right or wrong, it is an issue of motivation, why we choose the action.

   If I were to tell you that a man violently slaughtered a group of women in his home, how do you judge that? Did he do wrong? If he lured them there and forced himself upon them before killing them he would be condemned. But what if they had broken into his home and attempted to kill him and his family out of jealousy? Now is he in the wrong?

   In either situation the women died, the difference wasn't in the man's choice of action but why he did it, his motivation. One was selfish, fueled by lust and violence, while the other was done out of a need to protect himself and his loved ones.

   You, like all of us, have motivations. Do you know your priorities? Do you know why you do what you do, on deep level? You seek to protect women above all others, so it seems. Why? Do you cherish them above all, if so, why?

    Or do you seek penance for something in your past that haunts you? Are you protecting them because you've yet to resolve this? Aren't all things, or at least men versus women, deserving the same level of respect, protection, and love? Is a man or child truly less deserving of your protection than a woman?

   Or is it that you feel that women are weak? Strength comes in many packages, not just in our arms and legs.

   It could be one of the above, a mix, or none at all but ask yourself why you make the decisions that you do and then after finding the answer, dig deeper to find the root emotion behind it, the motivation and prioritize them. Raban, the saying goes, we all have two wolves within us, one good- love, hope, compassion, truth, and wisdom- and one bad - anger, hate, jealousy, resentment, and deceit. These wolves fight daily, who wins depends on which wolf you choose to feed.

   If you still seek penance I suggest you ponder my words and decide if you truly need it. In my mind I do not think so but only you can remove the stain on your heart and free the voices of your past. All anyone else can do is offer you the tools to aid you in this, they cannot free you from yourself.

   As to whether or not to armor yourself, there is no wrong in it. All things fight for their lives, do so knowing that you are striving to do good things and to protect those who cannot protect themselves and you must be armed and armored- physically, spiritually, and morally- when you must face a challenge and have no recourse but to fight. Choose your actions knowing your motivations, focus on love and respect for life, remain principled and you should have little reason to doubt your choice of actions."

   Arawn paused and smiled quietly,

   "I do not know if my words are eloquent enough for you, if my message has been properly worded, but when this is done, if you are not in a hurry, there are some you might wish to study with. In the forests to the west lies a Sacred Forest guarded by a Forestal, a Green Lady, and an Archdruid and his disciples, including a Bard that is friend to us. They are dedicated to the Court of Life, the Neutral Path, and in that place all life is sacred. They can teach more than I think I will be able to. Let me know if you wish to travel there and I will happily sponsor you before them."

   Arawn can cast Shadow Sculpt to create armor for Raban (and anyone else who feels they need it. I think eveyone else is armored but I'm not sure about Fremea. Does Fremea need any armor?). I can create any armor for you as I'm almost an EL 80 armorer. The armor will last 2 days minimum and I can craft up to 2 shadow items still (might be more now but I'd have to check). Arawn is low on mana but if you don't want to wait until morning he'll cast it now.

   Let me know what you decide (or if anyone else needs some).