[pnpgm] Game Update #83b - File #423 - Part 2/3 - Will Kiet live?

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Wed Oct 15 06:45:36 CEST 2008

<oops I forgot about casting speed, rush work needed lower El or is cast
by Enl faster?>
<Elf Chain is for Kings, Elf Plate is a myth! LOL Must be an odd world.
Price? By original books it could reach 100,000 gold so a real estimate
would be >1000 gold I would expect.>

Raban smiles as he listens to Chion's story, such a unique entrance this
visitor had. Perhaps it was required that she bring nothing with her to
reduce the risks to A'kril, if so she should be a competent mage. Likely
there is political factions involved and this place was brought for some
power play. But if so, then there are dangers here more than we have
seen as Great Mages would have seen most of this as just a nuisance.

Raban (to Arawn) "My deepest apologies, I failed to keep the peace you
desired. I even misjudged what their leader thought was his advantage,
fortunately it was not beyond our capabilities. I saw this leader was
one like many in power, he would not care if we had all died in route or
in his presence. We were but a curiosity to examine and be disposed of
if not of use. It is possible he would have honored your peace for a
while and then summoned the guards to dispose of us anyway. I was
prepared for that and would have moved to protect the ladies and
yourself when the time came. As long as they had not removed your
weapons, that would have been enough to put us back on more even ground
again. But something happened and all plans were ruined, it is very hard
to stop a fight once blood has been spilled. I did what I could to
protect the others and even tried not to kill at first, but there were
too many to take the extra time needed. Sadly it is far easier to kill
than render someone unconscious."

Raban (to Caladan) "I am still sure that this A'kril was not of high
standing, and should not have been the ruler of such a place. Yet he
seems to have been bound to this place for a long time? There is much
here that I do not understand, but I am usually a good judge of people."

Raban (to ?) "If we continue to have such violent meetings, I am going
to need some armor. I can remake my leather with material from other
such armors but it has shown that it will not last very long. It was
designed mostly to reduce scratches and such from rough travel and not
from weapons. Does anyone know of a way for me to get somewhat more
durable armor while we are here? If not, I will just have to try harder
not to be hit so much, though so far that has not been very effective."

<Thought Train Derailed! Oh the Carnage as it smashes into other
innocent thoughts.... There was something else I was going to add and
Oooo look a shiney..>