[pnpgm] Game Update #92 - File #499 - Books/Scrolls of Library

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Fri Nov 28 08:46:08 CET 2008

        [Ben'dar turns to Raban and speaks.]

        Ben'dar: "Hoist him up.  We'll use him to get into that locked
          room."

Raban (to Ben'dar): "If the room has things of much importance, the
guard would not have keys to it. Guards have keys for rooms that have
things guards need occasionally but want secure from theft. At least
thats what I recall from some early lessons, I did not pay much
attention to them as I was never going into that area of work. It makes
some sense though, if you captured the guard to reach the room why would
they make it easy to get into it afterward? Of course with magic
involved that would not be as important. But if you want me to lift and
hold him for you to try something, I can do that. Though I hope I was
wrong in that case or something bad is going to happen."
<What are the odds the big dummy is right? LOL >

        Unali: "Let us first explore the top floor and make sure this place
          is secured. This guard proves there may be more upstairs who have
          orders not to wander around. That doesn't mean they could strike
          us unaware.

          At least this door is not moving, but it is protected. It should
          not be our top priority right now and we probably should figure
          out how to disarm it before we do something stupid."

Raban (to Unali): "I am getting worried about the amount of traps this
place has. Would they trap the stairs in some manner? If so then maybe
flying up to the balcony could go around them? Many cultures protect
where they live in some manner and that upper floor would appear to be
for that."
<Am I miss remembering and that is actually a vote for court yard
anyway? Its still valid that way too>