[pnpgm] Game Update #91 - File #495 - Guard is talked to...

Chris & Karen Wells ckwells at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 13:32:13 CET 2008

Ben'Dar glares at the unconscious guard, frustrated that his plan did not
work.  But he cannot fault the man's courage.  Later when Caladan suggests
killing him, Ben'Dar shakes his head violently.  "No, my friend.  You taught
me once long ago that such an action would be wrong.  Besides, we have need
of him alive."  With that, Ben'Dar motions to Raban and says, "Hoist him
up.  We'll use him to get into that locked room."  Ben'Dar doesn't
understand magic well, so this may be a foolish move, but he wants to see
what the guard was willing to die to protect.  He uses the guard's hand to
hold the keys and tries the keys in the locked door one at a time until he
finds one that works.  He is careful not to touch the door or the handle
himself, but instead uses the unconscious man's hand to unlock and open the
door.  Then, using the unconscious guard as a shield against any magical
wards in the room, he will advance into the room after Fremea and Arawn
inspect it.  Of course, if there are bad guys inside, he'll toss the guard's
body aside and attack, this time to kill.  After seeing what the men of this
place have been up to, he has decided that they will all die.