[pnpgm] Game Update #91 - File #495 - Guard is talked to...

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Nov 25 21:11:24 CET 2008

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  Do David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R? J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #91 in sequence (file #495)

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar's grim features seem to brighten at the mention of the
          guard. The empty stillness of this place has been irritating
          him.  "He is but one man.  Unless he is fanatical, he will
          surrender to us.  Let's approach him as a group and demand that
          he come quietly.  If not..." Ben'Dar grins and his fingers
          tighten around the haft of his pike.  But then he reluctantly
          adds, "...we should not kill him.  We need answers about this
          place, and more corpses will give us none."  Ben'Dar will stay
          silent during the interaction with the guard, as he clearly
          cannot speak the language of these people.  He will glare
          menacingly at the guard and if the guard fights back, will
          attempt to subdue him rather than kill him.

          Later, Ben'Dar will vote to go up the main entrance stairs, so
          that the upper level can be explored from one level to the other
          without leaving possible enemies at his back.
        GM: Ack. Thanks for vote.

                        -------------------------

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <Arawn is interested in the Bless but no post relative to it?
          Bless is one of Raban's most powerful spells and has many good
          applications. Personally, I think DCV is the most valuable in
          most cases, but certain abilities can have major impacts. Con
          boost would increase HP, Enl max and maybe effect healing. Will
          boost would increase Enl max and possibly MDV,  mana recovery
          and innate powers. Lots of choices.> <should be post of the SB
          for this>

          Raban contemplates what he has done here to help his friends and
          what the others have done and feels he is not doing his best for
          everyone. Perhaps there is more he can do in this dangerous place
          to aid them. Aiding the ladies with his skills may not be enough.
          We are all working together, helping each other, it should be
          enough to allow me to use magic for the rest of them even though
          it is not my usual preference...

          <that took some time for Raban to make up his mind>

          Raban (to others exploring) "This whole place has proven itself
          quite dangerous, enough so that I feel I need to offer more
          protection or aid to everyone. I am fairly sure my Goddess would
          allow me to Bless more people here, and though I am not of high
          Rank I am skilled enough that my blesses are very useful.
          Increased defense is one I would recommend but for some maybe
          they would prefer that increase to offense. I am not wise enough
          to tell you what use is best for you when it comes to other ways
          to Bless you. Those who use magic can sometimes gain greatly
          with improvements to their minds while others are best with
          physical gains. I should be able to do a few Blessings before I
          am low on Mana, but do not worry, I can use life for other
          magics at need."

          <if people get to add their MDV to this for casting, it should
          not fail often, so little wasted mana. Seriously people, Bless
          can make a big impact and OCV or DCV usually get more use than
          Stats unless you are close to a critical boarder.>

          <ok now to later events.>

          When Frema reports the large opponent, Raban finds another area
          he can help out.

          Raban: "I could rush him and hold on to him while the rest move
          up. I can move pretty fast at times and though he is large he is
          still much smaller than I am so should be much weaker."

          Raban blinks when Ben'Dar suggests a less violent plan than his
          own... Is this place getting to me?

          <Was there mention of a balcony earlier or was that a different
          location? It may be a means around the stairs>
        GM: Ack. Blessing. I didn't recall seeing a affirmative if he wanted
            it or not.  I can still allow it but of course it would not
            affect this possible combat situation.  Folks can take the
            blesses if they want but so far none have taken up the offer.

        [Ma 2nd, 1633TH. 5th Day of Adventure #4.
        [Location: Chaos domain, Dark Lands, 9 Miles up, Flying Island]

        [Time: 11:20am]

        [Now in the courtyard up the stairs and away from the guard's
         ears the party discuss plans.  Both Arawn and Fremea explain
         what they saw and felt.]

        [Ben'dar seems to brighten up from his normal grim mood when he
         hears the report.  Finally something for him to do and kill
         if need be.  But the size and armor makes him formidable.  It
         might take more than just him.  Then he shocks the group with
         his next words.]

        Ben'dar: "He is but one man.  Unless he is fanatical, he will
          surrender to us.  Let's approach him as a group and demand that
          he come quietly.  If not..."

        [Ben'Dar grins and his fingers tighten around the haft of his pike.]

        Ben'dar: "...we should not kill him.  We need answers about this
          place, and more corpses will give us none."

        [The others look at Ben'dar in surprise for a few long moments. The
         warrior willing to kill anything that moves is talking peace like
         Arawn?  Even Arawn seems surprised.  Raban wonders if this place
         has some magic twisting his mind.  Another reason to hurry up and
         get out of her.  Next Ben'dar might want to give up his weapons
         and become a priest.  Arawn then smiles after a few seconds happen
         to see his words and his views finally accepted.  Arawn glances at
         Raban and the others to judge their view on the words spoken.]

        [Raban glances down the stairs and knows that he might be the best
         to handle the powerful, muscular tall guard.  Since the first
         assassination attempt in the tavern he has been missing some
         purpose in recent weeks.  Now it seems his goddess has guided him
         to this place with these strange and assorted people.  His shy
         nature, at least around most people, has seemed to fade.  Trust
         has been bonded between these people.  Maybe now beyond just
         protecting the women, who have proven they can take care of
         themselves, he could help out in other ways.  Beyond his large
         frame as a fighter he can use magic.  Bards entertain and rarely
         use magic since most strangers think Bards are just musicians.
         Bards get reputations and if one uses magic and fails badly the
         entire order could be ruined and feared.  Now though with this
         group magic seems commonplace and respected.]

        Raban: "This whole place has proven itself quite dangerous, enough
          so that I feel I need to offer more protection or aid to everyone.
          I am fairly sure my Goddess would allow me to Bless more people
          here, and though I am not of high Rank I am skilled enough that
          my blesses are very useful. Increased defense is one I would
          recommend but for some maybe they would prefer that increase to
          offense. I am not wise enough to tell you what use is best for
          you when it comes to other ways to Bless you. Those who use magic
          can sometimes gain greatly with improvements to their minds while
          others are best with  physical gains. I should be able to do a
          few Blessings before I am low on Mana, but do not worry, I can
          use life for other magics at need."

        [Raban pauses to see if any take his offer.  He continues now
         with his own advice on the current situation.]

        Raban: "I could rush him and hold on to him while the rest move up.
          I can move pretty fast at times and though he is large he is
          still much smaller than I am so should be much weaker."

        Caladan: "Remember language will be a barrier."

        [the group discuses more plans but the best idea seems to be a
         peaceful one.  It could be an easy slaughter for the guard if he
         doesn't surrender.  A couple minutes later the party descends the
         stairs quietly to set up their moves.  The group knows likely
         the only common language is the Elf one.  Maybe this guard speaks
         it.  So that means Arawn will have to do the initial talking.]

        [In one swift but steady movement Ben'dar, Raban and Arawn round
         the corner but not as a jump but as a confident maneuver. They
         stop only paces away from the corner a good 45-47 feet from the
         guard.  With the two warriors to his side Arawn raises his hands.
         Behind Ben'dar Caladan stands and behind Raban Unali stairs to
         keep an eye on the stairs to her right. Fremea takes the rear
         mainly not to scare the guard at the sight of a winged person.
         Surrender can be hard enough if not to scare a person first.
         Chion stands behind Arawn and watches intently.]

        [Arawn raises his hands palm up in the universal sign of peace
         as does the large giant next to him.  Both men have no weapons
         in hand and show they are not ready to fight.  But Ben'dar still
         grips his pike glaring at the guard.  When the guard glances
         over the group doesn't see his face through the helmet as he
         lowers it instantly.  It almost looks like a reflex rather than
         a threat assessment.  Only his eyes are seen through the slit
         but at this distance not even those can be seen by the group.
         The guard turns left and faces the group.  He walks a few steps
         right to stand in the center of the hall.]

        [Arawn begins to speak in Elf a few words of introduction and
         then asking him to stay calm.  With the guard's helmet face
         plate down it is impossible to know if he understands.  Arawn
         asks him if he does but there doesn't seem to be a shrug or
         shake of the head.  Arawn begins to speak a few words in other
         languages.  The guard staggers his feet apart in a stance the
         group knows to be battle ready for balance.  He glances right
         toward the doors and then to the left toward the door he was
         guarding.  Unali figures that there could be more people in
         the doors to either side or something dangerous.  He'll have
         to be stopped before he can get to either door.]

        [The guard draws back his gold cape from his left arm and reveals
         a couple of daggers on his belt.  The guard flex's his left
         hand and stands silent.  A full minute it seems passes before
         Arawn changes to another language.  Suddenly the guard draws
         his sword and raises it level with the group.  Fremea and
         Arawn sense out to the sword for magic attack but the aura
         remains the same.  Ben'dar leans forward ready to attack in
         case the guard has some magic.  But the guard yells through
         a muffled tone to the group a few words.  But none in the party
         can understand him.  It almost sounds like the language A'kril
         initially spoke.  The party figures it to be a "surrender or
         die" threat that most confident guards boast.  If he were to
         surrender why would he draw his weapon unless he will drop it?
         But the guard continues to hold it out.  Ben'dar and Raban
         hold their ground not wanting to act first.]

        [As Arawn continues to speak the guard suddenly draws a dagger
         from his belt with his left hand and tosses it straight at
         the group.  Unali sighs knowing that such a throw at this
         distance has little chance to hit.  It flies toward Arawn and
         flies by him by a good foot past Chion and lands on the ground
         near Fremea who senses no magic from it.  Ben'dar growls and
         looks at Arawn.  Clearly the man doesn't want to surrender.
         Not a great surprise to the group but stupid.  Why can't these
         guards see that seven to one odds isn't good?  But Ben'dar
         and Raban don't act.  They let Arawn try to continue his words
         of persuasion.  Chion considers using his staff to just capture
         the man but wonders if this place is warded for protections?]

        [About ten seconds later the man steps forward and lowers his
         broadsword.  he seems to be faltering as if considering the
         words but the group is still unsure if he understands.  But
         the group finds it is a mislead.  With another swift motion
         he draws another throwing dagger and foolishly throws a second
         blade.  This one goes near Raban and collides up against the
         walls and falls down the stairs a few feet behind him.   Raban
         growls this time at the stupid man.  But guards aren't hired
         for their brains.]

        [After a few more moments Arawn seems to waver and lower his hands.
         It is clear the man doesn't seem to or want to understand him. The
         path to surrender may be wrong here.  It seems he'll have to take
         the guard by force alive as Ben'dar suggests.  Arawn lowers his
         hands and stops speaking.  Which gives Raban and Ben'dar their
         cue.]

        [Fremea lifts off the ground hovering a few feet up and this
         clearly distracts the guard who looks a bit confused and
         shocked from his body language.  Raban then charges forward
         toward the man running at top speed. Unali draws her normal
         dagger and stands her guard at the stairs.  She knows that
         taking a man subdually with plate armor and helmet won't be
         easy, at least not with daggers.  Ben'dar moves forward running
         and ends up about 10 feet behind Raban.  Raban is now only
         about 6 feet from the guard.  Arawn draws his sword and moves
         forward but not at a run but a slow trot knowing the warriors
         will pound first.  Chion raises his staff just in case.  Then
         the guard reacts.  The closest at this point is Raban only
         six feet and Ben'dar about 16 feet.  He charges the short
         distance and thrusts his broadsword at the giant.  Raban knows
         his speed and his own blessing has increased his defense by
         a good margin maybe 10%.  As the guard thrusts the sword slips
         between arm and abdomen and misses Raban entirely.]

        [Caladan hugs the north wall and inspects the doors in that area.]

        [Fremea flies forward passing Caladan and the others. She draws
         a dagger but knows it might not be effective against the
         plate armor.  She finds though the hallway is too narrow and
         can't get beyond Arawn and the others.

        [Raban tries to move around the guard but the man is blocking his
         back well.  With full strength and intent to subdue Raban brings
         up his right hand and slugs the man in the neck.  He knows the
         vulnerable spots are the neck where the armor is lightest and the
         armpits.  With a loud crash like noise the fist impacts him on
         the neck and the light helmet armor indents.  The man is thrown
         to the right side and staggers back.  Clearly dazed he shakes
         his head and his sword wavers a bit.  But the guard remains on
         his feet.]

        [Ben'dar sees the bashed in area and hears a choking noise as
         if the man's breath is knocked out.  Ben'dar raises his pike
         knowing it might not get through the plate but the dull side
         can be used to bash the man in the neck where Raban hit.  His
         force blow is to subdue as well but the blow goes low and the
         pike hits the man in the left chest over the heart area instead
         of the neck.  The force of the blow is enough though to impact
         hard and the man goes staggering back.  For a second he wavers
         on knees that falter.  Then he falls to the side and the wall
         and his sword goes flying to the ground.  Arawn reaches the
         man and reaches a finger under the helmet to check his pulse
         and finds it strong.  Raban kicks the sword away and Ben'dar
         removes the daggers on his belt.  Cautiously Arawn inspects the
         helmet to ensure it isn't going to kill the guard if they
         remove it but finds it is pliable.  The helmet is removed and
         they find his eyes closed.  They check his breathing and find
         it strong and no sign of blood other than a massive neck bruise
         caused by Raban.]

        [Raban nods knowing it wasn't quite the way he wanted it done
         but it works.  Arawn nods in satisfaction.  But they all know
         that taking him conscious would've been better.  But alive
         is better than dead.  Now sadly like the other guard this one
         will be sleeping a good while.]

        [The group fans out in the hallway as Unali stands guard at the
         stairs.  Raban finds the end of the hallway doesn't curve to
         more halls by a door.  So the basement is smaller than expected.]

        [Caladan tries to open one door slide window and look inside
         after waiting for a fireball. After a few seconds he finds
         no magic and peers inside to darkness.   He repeats this for
         three doors.  Then on the 4th door he hears movement and
         dots his head to the side.  The party listens and hears
         shuffling noise that sounds like feet not paws.  Then some
         voice speaks in a low voice something.  The party looks to
         each other and no one recognizes it.  But Chion across the
         hall does.  Faintly.  He doesn't know the language but knows
         the accent.  It is Ipanza.  He tells Caladan to open the door
         but finds it locked.  Ben'dar finds keys on the guard's belt
         and after a few seconds finds the right key.  With weapons
         drawn the man in the dark room staggers weakly outside and
         looks at the group.  Chion doesn't know Ipanza but has heard
         it spoken in the Dark Lands as they are neighbors.  The
         man begins to gibber and fall to his knees as if happy to be
         ready to die or set free.]

        [The party realizes then the doors are prisoner cells it seems
         not reinforcements.  The next two rooms find people inside.
         The 5th one though has to be helped outside as the prisoner
         seems a bit weak.  The sixth room prisoner walks out and guards
         his eyes from the torch light.]

        [As food and water are given to the prisoners who seem friendly
         the others inspect the south rooms.]

        [The first room has a wooden door with a lock but it is unlocked.
         Fremea senses no magic as Arawn helps the prisoners.  She opens
         the door with Ben'dar's help and waits for any magic.  But none
         come so they step into the door and enter the dark room. Fremea
         seeing well in darkness looks around and Ben'dar brings a nearby
         torch inside.  It takes only a few seconds to determine what the
         dark empty room is - an interrogation chamber.  It has a stone
         floor and a lantern hangs in the west wall next to a table.  The
         room itself is 18' by 10'.  There is a bed as well in the room
         with candle holders above it.  The wooden table seems well used
         and not well maintained. The wooden chairs look old and rickety.
         The bed is stained red with blood and green with stains that must
         be entrails.  Shackles, needles and various other torture
         instruments are on the shelf or attached to the bed.  Ben'dar
         grunts and motions Arawn over.  Now maybe Arawn will realize
         that A'kril might not have been such a nice guy.  Arawn
         inspects the room and sighs.  Arawn feels pain from the room
         not for any magical or personal sense but out of empathy.  This
         room must have seen some dark times.  But why?  Would A'kril
         have done something or someone else? As Arawn wonders if he
         did the right thing for A'kril by trying to act nice he wonders
         now if this man was more evil than some of the nasty gods his
         parents spoke of.]

        [The next door over is wooden and locked.  But a key is found and
         it clicks open.  Chion smiles knowing that even if no key exists
         there is always a way in a room through a lock. Waiting for magical
         auras Fremea opens the door and stands beside it.  Soon nothing
         happens.  She peers around and sees only a dark room with no
         magic.  She creeps inside with Ben'dar behind her.  It is a small
         8' by 12' room with a stone floor. There are 2 candles on the wall
         by the door unlit for any form of lighting here.  The shelves
         contain more torture instruments and tools.  There are some chests
         in the room and they are cautiously opened after a magic scan.  By
         this time Arawn joins the duo and inspect with them.  The chests
         seem to contain weapons and clothing.  A simple storage room it
         seems.  Inside the chests there are 30 sets of leather clothing
         and furs of various styles.  They seem to be the same fashion
         and stitching at the Ipanza prisoners.  This makes the group
         wonder how many were taken.  There are various containers in
         the room of food, water, ale and wine.  Some of which are
         given to the prisoners.  In the weapons chest are 8 spears,3
         javelins and 2 bows.  Likely the weapons of the ipanza.]

        [The next room is the one the guard was watching and it is skipped
         as auras on the doorknob.  Not wanting to risk it now the group
         heads to the last door in the hallway on the south end.]

        [This door is a wooden door with a hard looking lock.  It also
         has a slide bar like the main entrance does.  Likely to bar the
         door closed tight.  But what is it keeping inside.  No magic
         is sensed from the door itself and a key is soon found that
         works.  Hearing nothing inside the party quietly opens the door
         and finds a empty room.  But the presence in the room seems to
         feel dark and dank like the torture room.  This room is a 24' by
         12' room with stone floor and lighting is done through a few
         holes in the roof with reflected light from mirrors it seems.
         Likely from outside or through the courtyard?  The rays of dim
         gray light make the room look foggy but it isn't.  In the east
         wall are iron sheeting that looks like a mesh of iron.  Inside
         the room and all over are bones, red and green stains from
         blood and entrails.  The room smells of death.  Along the
         door to the right are a set of gems that look like the shield
         gems in the courtyard.  Unali points out that along the south
         wall are 2 pull levers.  The prisoners themselves seem wary
         of the room and do not approach.  They seem frightened of it.
         But it doesn't take a scholar to figure out the room's purpose.
         It seems the iron mesh which once inspected it seems to have air
         currents around it, leads to the outside.  It must lead to the
         outside and looks large enough for a dragon to enter.  The
         gems and pull levers could likely lower and raise the gate
         as well.  Since there doesn't seem to be any other purpose
         for the levers on this floor.  The amount of bones, skulls and
         such indicate this has to be a eating area for the pets outside.
         Anger boils as the group wonders how many died from the gargoyles
         and other nasty pets outside. ]

        [The ten prisoner cells are only 6' by 6' and dark.  Some cells
         have used or empty bowls for water, food and human waste.  Each
         room is extremely dirty with dust and sand.  Minor infestations of
         insects and fleas are in the room and the prisoners.  There is no
         lighting in the rooms at all.  All have stone floors and are
         spartan rooms.  There isn't even a bed or cloth for the prisoners.]

        Caladan: "So Arawn is A'kril a good guy now?"

        [Clearly Caladan is upset at the state of the prisoners and
         the Bone/Torture rooms.]

        Caladan: "I'm glad he is dead and maybe we should kill this
          guard now."

        [Ben'dar even turns to look at Caladan at this.  Caladan has been
         the soft one in the past to not do much harm.  Now he wants
         to kill?  People can change, even after they die themselves
         and are resurrected.  But this floor seems to get to everyone.]

        [After a few minutes the prisoners are given some food and water.
         Once they realize they are safe now they calm down.  The first
         ipanza prisoner from Room 4 looks to be 21 and well built like
         a warrior.  He wears tattered leather clothes.  Some of his
         teeth are missing that might indicate disease or torture.  He
         also has a bloody eye. The second prisoner from Room 5 looks
         older maybe 24-25 and built like a warrior as well.  He also
         wears tattered clothes, he seems sick and cold.  He seems to
         have several minor cuts and bite marks.  The last prisoner looks
         to be about 21 as well and is dressed in tattered robes unlike
         the other 2 men.  he seems unhurt but his tongue has been cut
         out for some reason.  He can't speak but seems grateful.  When
         Chion tried to speak Katai to the other 2 the robed man
         tries to wave his arms.  Chion asks if he understands and the
         man nods.  The man makes a motion with his hands like writing
         and Arawn gives the man a quill and paper to write a note down.
         The man writes a few seconds and hands it to Chion to read.
         It seems his name is Zwang Tiamoto.  He is from the Dark Lands
         Law regions and is an apprentice to a Law Master.  Chion asks
         him how many spells he knows and the man lowers his head and
         raises one finger then writes it down.  It seems he only knows
         Water from stone so far.  Chion smiles as he knows the spell
         all too well and taps the man on the shoulder in approval.  He
         knows we all start somewhere.  Now the party realizes why his
         tongue was cut out, so he couldn't cast magic.  As if the
         spell he knew would be effective to escape.]

        [Before the group asks more questions Caladan speaks up.]

        Caladan: "What about that room?  We should take the guard up to
          Kiet and these prisoners to Z'leyra so she can inspect them
          and treat them.  She might be able to follow up on questions
          with him if she can read Katai."

        Actions? Comments?

        Next Update...Wednesday

        GM: Upper Level Exploration -

                        Main Entrance Stairs     Courtyard Stairs
            Ben'dar             X                       -
            Caladan             X                       -
            Arawn               -                       -
            Chion               -                       -
            Fremea              -                       -
            Raban               -                       -
            Unali               -                       -

            Note: Kiet/Z'leyra not included since not exploring.
            Majority will determine route.  4 votes is a majority.
            If no vote then will assume Main Entrance. Voting ends
            Monday 12/1 so I can move the party along.

        GM: Minor experience for Raban/Ben'dar.  I went ahead and moved
            the party past this point since no other posts had come in.
            Most actions would've probably resulted in same thing in
            the end.

        GM: This just leaves the locked door.  The lock itself and doorknob
            has a magical aura on it.  Nothing else on the floor seems
            magical aside from the Bone Room door gems.  Clearly the
            guard was watching the locked room.  Based on the keys used
            there is likely the one key to unlock it. When asked the
            prisoner who writes doesn't know what is in the rooms. He
            also doesn't speak Ipanza.  I will assume the guard and
            prisoners will be taken up to Z'leyra for first aid and
            left there.  That leaves the room.  Let me know if you guys
            want to open it and deal with it or leave it alone like
            the armory room?  If leave it alone then we'll move up to
            the second floor. We could do this as soon as next week
            depending on posts.

        GM: Happy Thanksgiving to all!  Due to the holiday I will work
            on the Friday update Wednesday afternoon/night.  It
            will contain the book info found in the library and any
            results from this post. ?his guard due to his size will
            likely be knocked out for some time.  I will then hope
            to release the Friday update on Thanksgiving or that
            night for friday.  Depends on how things go here.  The
            update will be mainly info so it can be read anytime.  I
            hope to also have the player map web link updated by then.
            Kiet I have your emails and will deal with them in the
            next update as well as Z'leyra on some of the book stuff.

        GM: Map of basement -

  [Castle - Basement Area]

                  1         2         3         4         5
         12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
        I---------------------------------------------------
        I°°°°°°I 1 I 2 I 3 I 4 I 5 I 6 I 7 I 8 I 9 I 10I°°°I
        I°°°°°°I   I   I   I   I   I   I   I   I   I   I°°°I
        I°°°°°°I_/_I_/_I_/_I_/_I_/_I_/_I_/_I_/_I_/_I_/_I°°°I
        I°°°°°°                \ Cells /                °°°I
        I°°                                              ~~I
        I°°    ____/\_______/_°°°°II----/\---II-/\---------I
        I°,,,°°I *     $$I`   I°°°II         II            :
        I°,,,°°I*@@    $$I`  #I°°°II  ????   II  Bone      :
        I°,,,°°I @@    $$I`  #I°°°II  ????   II    Room    :
        I,,,,°°I *      `I   #I°°°II         II            :
        I____°°I________`I___#I°°°II         II____________:
           Interrogation Storage

        Basement Level General Notes -

          All floors are stone floors.  In hallways lightning is done
          by a torch on the south wall about every 8 feet along the
          hallway.

        Stairs - Left bottom - 6-8' x 6-8'

          Stone steps leading up to first floor.  Lightning is a single
          lantern that hangs from the ceiling in a dim conserved manner.

        Storage - 8' x 12'

          Stone floor, lighting is done by 2 candles on the wall by the
          door.  The shelves contain torture instruments.  The chests seem
          to contain clothing and weapons. Door is a simple wooden door
          with simple lock.

        Prisoner Cells - 6' x 6' [Rooms 1-10]

          All are empty aside from a used or empty bowls for water, food
          and human waste.  Each room is extremely dirty with dust and sand.
          Minor infestations of insects and fleas. There is no lighting in
          these rooms.  Stone floors.  Spartan rooms. Door is wooden with
          a slide window for viewing inside.  Door has a simple lock.

        Bone Room - 24' x 12'

          Stone floor and lighting seems to come from a few holes in the
          ceiling that seem to reflect outside light through mirrors it
          seems.  On the east wall are iron sheeting that looks almost like
          a mesh of iron.  Inside the room there are bones, red and green
          stains from blood and entrails. The room stinks of death.  The
          door is a simple wooden reinforced bar door with hard lock.
          There are a set of gems inset into the wall right side of the
          door.  Down the hall are 2 pull levers.