[pnpgm] Game Update #31 - File #99 - Raban gives a blessing

J Hooten jhooten at binary.net
Tue Mar 18 09:57:53 CET 2008

<Raban invited himself long ago, he set himself up as bodyguard and
meant it. Of course the others may not have accepted that.
<But with the current status it would appear some of my posts may need
to be moved about or changed
<Kaylle's question is also one Raban has trouble with at the moment, but
here is an answer anyway.

Raban(to Kaylle): [Smiling] "No need to apologize, it happens all the
time. For some reason people don't seem to see me. I suspect they really
don't think I am real. When I am on the stage that changes, especially
when I dance, though for some it turns to disbelief again as they cannot
imagine someone like me can do what I do. Someday my dancing will far
surpass my Music, I just need to practice it more. Your offer is quite
kind and one I would normally have accepted. But I promised I would
protect the ladies, so I intend to go with them. If not as a bodyguard,
then maybe as an Entertainer for the party they speak of. I must go to
redeem myself in the eyes of my goddess, for I did not protect Unali and
may even had aided her attacker by being a distraction. So I must find a
way to help her now and to do that, I need to be where she is. But you
have pointed out a serious flaw in my plans, I do not think they know I
am going. In all the excitement, I have been forgotten. I need to speak
with someone about this. Excuse me..."

[Raban will try to talk to Chion, which may take a while with all the
other actions
Raban(to Chion): "You appear to be the one in charge at the moment, so
it is of you that I must ask this favor. I need to go with you and your
friends so that I can make up for what occurred here. I failed in my
duties to my goddess, to myself and to the ladies, so I must atone for
that by helping them. Unali does not think she needs a bodyguard, but
obviously that was not true before, and she will need it even more until
she is fully healed. I can aid in that as well, though you have many
that may be capable in that manner. If you will not accept me in that
role, then take me as an Entertainer for the party as you will be hard
pressed to find a better or more versatile performer."
<Assumption on Raban's part. He is quite skilled but I do not know how
common such skill levels are, I suspect they are master rank but may be
wrong.>