[pnpgm] Game Update #29

john haight lithalis at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 00:50:35 CET 2008

   In regards to Jensen's questions Arawn will give a false name if he is asked for one, but will use Mana Sense and Reading, if Sensing picks up anything out of the ordinary, first to hopefully determine if any magics are being used to screen for the truth. If none are detectected he will use a false name but will otherwise answer as Jensen asks. In reply to his final query he will reply,

   "I come from a place far from here and you must travel deep into the Wild Woods before you reach it."

   He supresses a smile knowing that this isn't exactly true but neither is it a lie, his thoughts wandering to Avalon, knowing that within lay a gateway back to the Upper Realms.
   As for equipment, yes, Arawn will take everything. He likes to keep things close.

   As for the gems, I looked over the sheet and it appears that they are all enhanced already (if I'm wrong please let me know) and the only things he needs to enhance are the garlic and wolvesbane which he'll do on his own when he has time.
   If the group leaves their horses then he will leave his behind to be cared for as well.

   I'm guessing Arawn isn't too aware of the monetary systems of the Middle World just yet (unless you say otherwise) as I imagine that such things don't exist in the Upper World where they are more likely to barter power than coin and so he would not think to convert coins over on his own. If someone in the party mentions it however...

   In regards to his face wrap, until he reaches Katai/Dark Lands he will wear it. While there he will have his face uncovered, though he will keep his ears and such obscured, during formal meetings and will have his face partially exposed while in public. He knows that he may be seen as an outsider but hopefully will not be noticed as an elf to most. (Hmm, maybe time to invest in an item of magical disguise...)

   Also, as Kaylle seems eager but unable to go Arawn will ask,

   "Is there no way for you to attend? Can you not present this opportunity to your superiors as a chance to add to the great stores of knowledge already contained within your library?"

   If Kaylle still declines or cannot accompany them Arawn will add,

   "I am sorry that you cannot make the journey. Tell me, is there any boon you wish while I am there?"

   Outside of this I sent a separate post to the group with some other actions listed there.