[pnpgm] Game Update #99 - File #546 - Party enters portal

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Dec 23 09:01:29 CET 2008

  R1 John Haight...........Arawn.............Druid  .Normal/Alfar  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Tom Corckett..........Caladan...........Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Tobie Bonahoom........Fremea............Sidh....NormalFaerry  Fe
  Do David Sanders.........Kiet.Sunan........Acrobat Normal/Human  Ma
  R? J H Hooten............Raban.Usherwood...Bard....Normal/Human..Ma
  W4 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R4 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Corona [Eagle] Z'leyra, Boyzdar [Wolf] (Strie'bog),

     Game Web Site - http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem
     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #99 in sequence (file #546)

     Admin Notes: Website links have been updated including: minor
     edits for adventure timeline, minor edits to People file, player
     status file and FINAL player map version.

        From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
          Being that Fremea promised the elementals she would do what ever
          it took to free them of the control spell, she flys through the
          portal, with a little (tiny) light for her eyes to see completely
          with. Her dagger will be out and her magic sensing at full.
        GM: Ack. No need for light for Sidh.  Good night vision. :)

                        -----------------------

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          From Kiet:  "I think the beings you described as Lion-headed
          humans with vicious claws are Div or Dev...?  There are stories
          from my homeland of such creatures, and even some statues.  These,
          however, I have never seen...and fortunately didn't this time.
          They are sometimes called upon to attack Lemasa's enemies, the
          way one might call an avenging angel."

          From Kiet: "Someone has to stay and keep watch over the prisoners,
          or we have to take everybody with us.  I'll volunteer to stay with
          them...and I promise not to hurt them, unless they try to escape."

          "I still think that A'kril would have worn something to control
          the traps...so whoever goes should take along his sword, at least.
          I doubt his armor would be of much use...or that it was the key,
          because if you are going to work with items from your library,
          you aren't going to be comfortable in heavy armor."

          "Oh, and what about the woman prisoner?  What do we do with her?
          Bind, gag and head cover?"
        GM: Ack. I moved this slightly out of sequence and out of place
            but made it still valid.

                        -----------------------

        From Kiet: [Re: Actions]
          What everybody doesn't seem to realize is that's really a
          disintigrator ring....it's how they disposed of their garbage...

          <On a serious note...how DID they get rid of such things...and
          how DID they get provisions...and from where and whom?> - Kiet
        GM: Ack. Shhh..don't give my secrets away.  How they got resources
            will be solved likely in this update.  But you forget they
            had Gargoyles who could carry lots.  As to garbage those
            who explored the bathroom area saw magical waste dumps.
            Waste in and poof magic waste gone.  Likely same thing for
            basic trash like food and such via kitchen.

                        -----------------------

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar shrugs and steps through the portal.  Perhaps he'll
          get a chance to see Lady Varo again.
        GM: Ack.

                        -----------------------

        From Raban: [Re: Actions]
          <oops I forgot to post relative to portal> Raban looks over the
          the small portal, "What happens if you bump into the edges? I
          have to duck and step to go through or dive and roll, but I don't
          want to accidentally break it."
        GM: Ack.

                        -----------------------

        From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
          Arawn studied the portal, walking around it if possible, and
          studying both the portal and the room it was located in for any
          markings or clues. He watched as Fremea and Ben'dar prepared to
          step through and decided to speak up before they travelled to the
          other side.

          "I am interested in seeing what lies on the other side but a few
          things concern me. First, if the elemental prison is on the other
          side we still have the potential dilemma of locating a safe
          landing zone for the cloud-island not to mention possibly having
          to steer it there. Second, we do not know what lies on the other
          side of the portal. It could lead to open space or some other
          potentially dangerous area. Might I suggest that the party allow
          one person to step through the portal, someone possessing the
          power of flight, to serve as reconnaissence and report if it is
          safe to cross through. The other suggestion is that whomever stays
          behind try to study the map and figure out how to steer this
          thing in case it becomes an issue."

        GM: New 2009 Dwarf contract made this week.  When I had to rehire
            one of them back even though they are slaves (they work for
            beer, salad and bags of pretzels) they demand contract points.
            One of those points is the usual jokes they like to spread
            around in their attempt at good cheer.  So pardon me while I
            oblige with the contract.  They think they are funny but they
            tend to be drunk most of the time.  Could be worse my Elf
            employee could give jokes.

        Q: Why do Mummies like Christmas so much?
        A: Because of all the wrapping!

        What do you get when you cross an archer with a gift-wrapper?
        Ribbon hood.

        What goes Ho, Ho, Swoosh, Ho, Ho, Swoosh?
        Santa Claus caught in a revolving door.

        GM: Now assuming your still here we'll move to the update...

                                ------------------

        [Ma 2nd, 1633TH. 5th Day of Adventure #4.
        [Location: Chaos domain, Dark Lands, 9 Miles up, Flying Island]

        [Moments before while Caladan and others exchange information with
         Z'leyra and Kiet in the Courtyard...]

        [When the Lion creature is described Kiet yells up over the wind
         Elemental's hourglass noise.]

        Kiet: "I think the beings you described as Lion-headed humans with
          vicious claws are Div or Dev...?  There are stories from my
          homeland of such creatures, and even some statues.  These,
          however, I have never seen...and fortunately didn't this time.
          They are sometimes called upon to attack Lemasa's enemies, the
          way one might call an avenging angel."

        [That seems to confirm Arawn's knowledge and based on the Summoning
         room it seems the female called upon these creatures.  If they
         wanted her dead before Raban got there they would have easily. that
         may mean she isn't as nice as she looks.]

                                ------------------

        [Time: 12:11 pm]

        [Inside the dark room lit only by the Portal the group decides
         who will go through and who will stay.  Some go around the portal
         and see the same thing they do from the front.  The Sidh look
         around but find no other magical auras, signs, runes, symbols or
         anything else but flat stone dusty walls.]

        [The party sees Caladan come back quickly and that indicates there
         isn't a time difference like one might expect from a Interworld
         Portal or at least what they have heard of such.  Raban knows
         nothing of such things but has heard stories of people walking and
         simply disappearing.  Ben'dar at least has seen such a portal once
         on Clima.  The small group wait and see if Caladan suddenly becomes
         a frog, dies or simply faints.  But a minute later nothing seems
         to happen to him.  So the portal must be safe at this point.]

        Arawn: "I am interested in seeing what lies on the other side but a
          few things concern me. First, if the elemental prison is on the
          other side we still have the potential dilemma of locating a
          safe landing zone for the cloud-island not to mention possibly
          having to steer it there. Second, we do not know what lies on
          the other side of the portal. It could lead to open space or
          some other potentially dangerous area. Might I suggest that the
          party allow one person to step through the portal, someone
          possessing the power of flight, to serve as reconnaissance and
          report if it is safe to cross through. The other suggestion is
          that whomever stays behind try to study the map and figure out
          how to steer this thing in case it becomes an issue."

        [Fremea knows time is running out and the party has a history of
         arguing things that could waste precious time.  If the Wizard with
         the snake can do it so can she.  She draws her dagger and wiggles
         her ears for full sensory alertness.  Then standing near the portal
         she simply thrusts herself off the ground and flies through.  What
         little room there is for wings its more a jump than a full
         flight into the portal.]

        [Ben'dar shrugs as the others discuss what is on the other side.
         Ben'dar wonders why not just go through and see!  He recalls the
         time he met Lady Varo and from that came Tef'wo.  That was a great
         time and maybe this will be better.  Without much hesitation he
         steps through the portal next.]

        [Raban looks at the portal with a confused look and wonders how
         a large person can get in much less step through.]

        Raban: "What happens if you bump into the edges? I have to duck and
          step to go through or dive and roll, but I don't want to
          accidentally break it."

        [Raban ambles up to the portal and circles it twice.  A 8 foot
         person can get into a 4 foot hole.  Sure but his back is as
         large as a barrel.  He wonders if maybe stepping backwards
         and ducking is easier.  Ducking and missing something is easier
         than ducking and not.  He backs up and his big behind shakes
         at the portal.  He attempts to lift his large leg and step
         backwards but gets off balance.  He stands and shimmies up to
         it again.  A slight giggle is heard from Caladan but Raban
         ignores it.  After a second attempt Raban growls and then
         gives up.  he turns and faces the portal and thinks maybe
         he could just fly through the hole.  But then if he bounces
         on the edges and slams into the wall he might be sleeping
         for awhile. Knowing that Fremea could be in danger he growls
         slightly and shifts his gear not to hit the edges when he
         tries to step forward.  As he does he suddenly feels hands
         on his back and they shove.  Instinctively he ducks and
         his legs react and the next he steps through the hole.]

        [Caladan sneezes and steps away from where he pushed Raban
         through the hole.]

        Caladan: "I'll stay here and inform the others.  I'm a bit
          allergic to the amount of dust or something in there."

        [With that Caladan walks back into the Navigation room.]

        [Arawn glances at Unali and Chion who remain in the room and
         studies the portal a bit more.  Fremea seemed to take his
         suggestion and just step through without much of as a worry.
         No auras seemed to flash when the others went through maybe
         that means they aren't zapped.  Being an Alfar portals like
         this isn't uncommon.  Such exist for Middle to Lower and
         Upper to Lower and more combinations therein.  But those lead
         to time fluxed areas.  Caladan came back instantly but how far
         in time was he gone then?  He seems the same so maybe it
         was instant. From outside Caladan yells in.]

        Caladan: "Don't worry I'll check this place out a bit more and
          the map.  First I'll go secure the woman and inform the others.
          I have a feeling you'll need to help Fremea."

        [Chion stands smirking.  First at the thought of Raban mooning
         the portal - if only something had come out and taken a bite.
         But also that Arawn the brave Elf seems hesitant.  Lady Varo
         didn't help him out much.  He doesn't expect to see much of
         her again.]

        [When Arawn checks the back of the portal out, Unali steps through
         without saying a word.  Arawn notes this and sees no difference
         from behind just the black of the portal hole itself.  He wonders
         if this portal will lead to a slide or to ancients.  Arawn then
         considers Caladan's words.  There was no more magic to be
         found on the controls.  The problem is turning a wheel left or
         right might do what?  There has to be some connection.  Some
         other control link in the chain.  A ship's wheel leads to pulleys
         which lead to other devices to the keel.  All are links in the
         overall control.  A ship's wheel by itself does nothing.  What
         is the missing link here?  Caladan may be right with Fremea.
         She is eager and inexperienced and can lead to drastic actions
         that could endanger everyone.  Now that Raban is gone his rash
         actions could be hard to deal with as well.  To help control
         them maybe he should enter.  Arawn glances at Chion and knows
         he has no influence over Chion.  But at least the other 2 he
         might be able to convince.  Arawn circles the portal, shrugs
         and steps through.]

                                ------------------

        GM: A brief intermission as the party wonders if they'll survive.

        What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire?
        Frostbite

        Why are Christmas trees like bad knitters?
        They both drop their needles!

        What did the bald man say when he got a comb for Christmas?
        Thanks, I'll never part with it!

                                ------------------

        [Meanwhile down below on the first floor Kiet and Z'leyra have
         returned to the hallway.  They stand near the door and discuss
         the situation.  A half minute later they hear Caladan yell from
         the balcony area.  They open the door and he informs they have
         found some kind of portal and most of them have already entered.
         He is staying behind for now.  Caladan asks if they wish to
         join the others through the portal?]

        Kiet: "Someone has to stay and keep watch over the prisoners, or we
          have to take everybody with us.  I'll volunteer to stay with
          them...and I promise not to hurt them, unless they try to
          escape."

        [Z'leyra glances at Kiet and she notes he means it as a joke but
         some serious ice comes from the undertone and she knows he
         means that as well.  Z'leyra finds it ironic a man who seeks to
         entertain many sees the need to interrogate and possibly torture
         others.  A confusing double life to her Healer's instincts.]

        Kiet: "I still think that A'kril would have worn something to
          control the traps...so whoever goes should take along his sword,
          at least. I doubt his armor would be of much use...or that it
          was the key, because if you are going to work with items from
          your library, you aren't going to be comfortable in heavy
          armor."

          "Oh, and what about the woman prisoner?  What do we do with her?
          Bind, gag and head cover?"

        Caladan: "They already went through.  I'll be doing that to her
          in a minute.  She isn't not gagged now but will do so in
          a minute.  I'll come get the sword if they need it."

        [Caladan walks out of sigh and Kiet grumbles.  Not liking his
         suggestion ignored so lightly.  Kiet feels it is a good thing.
         So does Z'leyra, both head back to the main room to get one
         more look at the items.  Soon after checking the prisoners both
         find themselves in the wrecked main room.  They find the items
         and examine them.  Z'leyra ensures there is no runes or symbols
         on the inside of the armor or bottom of the hilt that might be
         missed the first time.  But after a minute nothing else is
         found that wasn't found the first time.  Kiet begins to get a
         urge to leave and heads to the bathroom.  Z'leyra checks the
         dead bodies once more for clues.]

        [A minute later Kiet exits the bathroom with and notices the armory
         door is open.  Before it was partially explored it was cracked
         open.  Kiet glances down the hall and notices dust floating in
         the hallway.  The broken window where Corona exited before is
         still open.  Kiet takes a chance and looks into the room but no
         fire comes forth.  He quickly waves a hand and still nothing.
         Soon a foot, nothing and finally he stands in the doorway.  He
         notices the crates and boxes are a bit messed up as if a tornado
         hit the room.  Then he glances at the window.  The Glyph must've
         just been in here or recently looking for whatever he was looking
         for.  It seems the wards are gone.  At least the fire one.]

        [Z'leyra exits the room and returns to the hallway where the
         prisoners and Ipanza are.  She is surprised how quickly trustworthy
         the barbarians seem to have gained.  They seem honorable and not a
         false prisoner as some suspected.  They could've easily have
         killed the prisoners and escaped at least twice now. But they
         seem to be in desperate help of the party that set them free. She
         notices one barbarian is at the west window opposite the one
         broken. She turns to look for Kiet and notices him down the hall
         near the armory.  She gets his attention and he joins her at the
         window.  There the man holding a sword points out the window north
         and right of the window. Z'leyra looks and notices a slab of stone
         about 8' by 8' it seems. Kiet takes a glance and then both look at
         the barbarian.  he then raises a hand up and down, left and right.
         He points at the slab and then repeats.  Unsure he figures some
         way to convey his message and looks down and points at Corona
         and then gestures again. Z'leyra figures he must mean flight or
         movement.  Kiet also guesses out what he means.]

        Kiet: "Z'leyra...I think he's trying to tell us there used to be a
          bird statue out there, and now it's gone.  If you want to
          investigate, I will watch the prisoners from here...and these
          Ips too, especially the one that pointed out the pedestal."

          "I also recommend a spear or other weapon capable of fending off
          a flying creature."

          "I would come with you, but someone trustworthy needs to watch
          these people.  If you decide, however, that my judgement is
          overly cautions, I would be more than willing to join you at
          your bequest."

          "I am sorry to say I do not have any.  I am somewhat  skilled in
          the use of javelins, but I have none.  I was expecting to use my
          spells for that...but I am drained.  I have no skills in bows or
          such."

        [Z'leyra checks her greatsword, staff and then grabs her sling.
         She hands it and some projectiles to Kiet in case she needs
         coverage.  She summons Corona and he exits the window first after
         it is pried open.  It seems to have stayed shut for a long time.
         Corona heads up to the roof and waits.  Z'leyra then steps outside
         and checks around.  The storm is now moved on and way out west.  It
         can be seen faintly in the west and up.  She then realizes it is
         higher and that confirms this place has fallen a bit.  To the west
         is a grove of small trees about 8-10 feet in height only.  most
         are thin but bushy and tall knee high bushes splatter the area.
         If there are more creatures out there she sees none.  The fog that
         was around earlier is gone.  it is still cool but not freezing.
         The wind is still active but not gale force.  She looks south and
         the tree line is south west but due south is the castle wall and
         open terrain.  North is castle wall and horizon.  That strange
         barrier lights seen earlier indicates to her the edge of this
         place is north. So the castle must be on the north east part of
         the island.  The tree line is a good 200 feet away, giving plenty
         of time to see things coming.  Z'leyra feels better also knowing
         backup is near.  The west wall is flat stone clearly weathered
         by wind, rain and erosion.  It is dotted by the first and second
         floor windows.]

        [Z'leyra turns right and walks the 20 feet or so to the slab of
         stone.  She thinks to herself it would be ironic for the gods
         to kill her now.  A flying limb, rock or grasshopper to the eye
         could kill her.  To die like that rather in some blazing spell
         action isn't right.  She stops about 10 feet from the slab and
         notices grass around it is haggard.  In place it is bent in
         every direction.  That likely indicates it is not a secret
         tunnel but a simple slab.  She notices glints of something on
         the four corners of the square stone.  Getting closer they
         glint in the sunlight.  They appear to be gems.  She notices
         along the wall is also a square box set into the wall itself
         but at ground level.  It appears to be a foot wide and high.
         The box has a lid like structure and a lock that sits into the
         stone itself.  She tries the lock and finds it locked.]

        [Z'leyra asks Kiet if he has the keys and says no they went with
         the others.  She inspects the stone box and sees the lock is
         on the right side.  She uses the base of her staff to chip
         a bit of stone off.  Nothing happens.  No monster.  No magical
         ward.  She tapes again and harder.  More stone comes off.  She
         continues to smash the left side of the stone box.  Soon a hole
         is made and she can peer inside.  She peers inside and it is
         dark but notices a lumpy thing.  It doesn't attack or zap her.
         She continues to chip at the hole until it is a few fingers
         wide and peers inside.  She breaks the hole more off after
         a full minute and finds the contents to be a simple leather
         cap of some sort.  She sticks her staff in waits a second or
         two and nothing happens.  She then picks the cap up after a bit
         of trying and brings it outside the box.  The leather cap seems
         to have a chin strap.]

        [Z'leyra grabs the cap and examines it.  It has the same symbols as
         the slab.  She notices the barbarian is knocking on window and
         pointing to the cap. He pretends to gesture with his head like
         to wear it then points to slab.  He then points to sky and then
         gestures as if moving with his hand.  Z'leyra gets the idea it
         has something to do with the slab obviously.  Z'leyra examines
         the gems and can't figure out their type or quality other than
         they are large and inset into the stone.  Z'leyra walks back
         and shows Kiet the cap.  Being a master jeweler she has never seen
         such gems.  But then again neither has she for the door gems that
         seem to maybe activate the shield.  The runes and symbols and
         gems are the only thing on the slab.  She notices the area is
         ridden with footprints showing recent activity.  They are all
         around the slab and then lead to the south likely to the main
         door.  The runes and symbols she hasn't seen before but they
         seem to be ones that fit in that blue tome found in the library.]

                                ------------------

        [As the group explore past the portal Caladan checks out the room
         and the illusion map.  he is fascinated but not so surprised.
         Being around Trembyl and Woundenal illusions are nothing new to
         him.  Woundenal even had a book that would show such things for
         creatures in full three-d views.  It only took the mage 5 years
         to create the book.  He runs his hands along the sides and
         under the oak table.  When he rounds the back to the west wall
         he notices a drawer inside into the table.  It must've been
         missed first time.  He opens it and notices two sextants which he
         has seen before on ships.  he also notices 3 spyglasses. One
         seems quite unusual with markings and symbols.  He draw it
         out and examines it.  He walks over to the window and tries
         to pinpoint a cloud with his eye. It must be miles away.  He
         then raises it to his eye and it comes about half the distance.
         He then places his fingers on the symbols and suddenly the
         cloud enlarges to mere feet it seems.  Detail and layout are
         seen.  He then figures the spyglass has some Sight spell
         enchanted on it.  Could be useful for observation.  He returns
         to the table and runs his hands further along the rim.  Then
         he notices some bumpy surfaces and they are gems.  Looking
         around he experiments and taps one.  The map changes ever so
         slightly.  After about three minutes he figures out the controls.
         It seems he can enlarge and zoom out the map and rotate it.  He
         grins to himself and plans to tell the others when and if they
         return from the portal.]

                                ------------------

        GM: Still curious about portal?  Well too bad.  If I have to
            suffer with these jokes so do you.

        Where did the mistletoe go to become rich and famous?
        Holly-wood.

        What do vampires put on their turkey at Christmas?
        Grave-y!

        Who is never hungry at Christmas?
        The turkey - he's always stuffed!

        Whose Christmas parties are full of screams?
        Dracula's.

                                ------------------

        [The group emerges quickly into a dark, dank, cool area.  From
         first and immediate glances it is a cave or rock room of some
         sort.  Fremea has already figured out the roof, floor and sides
         are natural rock.  Either it is a natural cave of some kind or
         carved out by hand or magic.  Knowing A'kril it could've been
         magic.  Once eyes adjust the only dim light is the portal rim
         itself.  The roof here is 11-12 feet high.  Raban checks his
         neck from emerging from the tiny hole.  He knows now how that
         large cow can exit that small hole at birth.  Awkward at best.]

        [Arawn glances for magic but finds nothing but the portal.  He
         then feels his empathic contact with the glyph is still active.
         That tells him he isn't on another plane.  That alone is evidence
         this area is somewhere on or in the island.  But then he realizes
         if he can sense him maybe the glyph can as well. Knowing the
         duration will end soon anyways he shuts down the contact so the
         Elemental can't find them.  It would do no good to have an angry
         elemental here.  The group begins to move out as soon as everyone
         seems to have come through.  Caladan was right this place is
         dusty and moldy.  Some give a slight cough or sneeze from it.
         The sidh don't seem so bothered by it.  Arawn puts his face
         wrap around him to prevent the dust and mold from getting to his
         face.]

        [Moving forward about 8 feet the group turns right about 45 degrees.
         Then walk another 8 or so feet.  Then turn left. Facing before
         them is a large cavern.  It must go back 60 feet long and only 14
         or so feet wide.  The second thing the group notices is the glow
         of red and green everywhere. On the roof and walls the glow comes
         and the party soon realize it is lichen of some sort that is
         giving off the light.]

        [The firs thing notices is a large creature lying on the ground
         in the center of the cave.  The creature, no a man it seems,
         lifts its head up.  It seems to be laying on a stone pillow
         of some sort.  Its ears are pointed and its skin is silver.
         From the look of the body it appears to be seven feet maybe
         more tall and little over 200 pounds of flseh.  It has a tiny
         nose but no mouth.  Another feature immediately notice is no
         hair on its head.  It is dressed in a smelly, tainted, very
         tattered old looking gray robe.  He stares at the party.]

        [Around the head comes another figure.  Arawn and the others
         are shocked to see it is a Elf!  This one looks taller than
         Arawn and a bit gaunt as if from age.  It holds a tall spear.
         This Elf glares at the party.]

        [The next thing noticed is the tall man on the ground with the
         ears has a thick collar device on.  It glows yellow and can
         be seen.  But to the sidh it glows also red and orange with
         magical aura.  Around the man's wrists and ankles are smaller
         versions of the same device.  On the chest of the man hangs
         a glowing blue amulet.  It glows blue to normals but to the
         sidh it glows a dark purple aura.]

        [The party glance at each other and wonder what they have stumbled
         upon.  There is no good room to hide in this place and once you
         got past the corner it was wide open.  Suddenly the entire group
         feels a tingle in their head and some draw weapons.  The sidh
         sense no magical auras approaching.]

        "He is dead then?"

        [Each member of the group hears that in their head in their
         native language.]

        [then the Elf speaks in Elf Sidh.]

        Elf: "Who are you?"

        [Time: 12:15 pm] - For everyone

        Actions? Comments?

        Next Update...Friday??

        GM: Slight trivia fun with Arawn.  Figure it out?

        GM: See admin note on website links (top of update).

        GM: Chion - Since not posted wasn't sure if you joined them or not.
            I left it open.  Let me know ASAP.

        GM: I had done the outside part with Z'leyra in ICQ and Kiet
            in email.

        GM: I had forgot about the details on the spyglass.  So did it
            above to get that out of the way.  The controls would've
            been found eventually.  So did that as well.  Same thing
            with the armory wards.  They seem to be gone as far as Kiet
            can figure out.

        GM: Thought you could leave this update?  Not so fast.  They
            have a couple more.

            Why was Santa's little helper depressed?
            Because he had low elf esteem.

            An honest politician, a kind lawyer and Santa Claus were
            walking down the street and saw a $20 bill. Which one picked
            it up?
            Santa! The other two don't exist!

            Ok. That last one was actually good. :)

        GM: Ok.  Enough of an update for now.  since no one has posted
            they didn't want a update or were out of town.  I'll do
            a small update to answer questions or comments on Friday.
            I work Friday but can do it Wed night/Thurs night.  It
            likely won't have NEW stuff but can answer minor questions
            or reply to comments.  But we'll see.

        GM: Oh and to all MERRY CHRISTMAS!

  [Second Floor]

  Legend -           North /|\
           1 Row    = 2 feet
           1 Column = 2 feet
            % , ° = Solid wall or earthen rock

  [Portal Second Room]

              1         2         3         4         5
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901

     %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% A
     %%          %%%%    %%             %        %%   %% B
     %% O         %%%   U  B                E         %% C
     %%    %%%     %%   A             SSSS            %% D
     %%%%%%%%%     %%   F             SSSS            %% E
     %%%%%%%%%            R                     %     %% F
     %%%%%%%%%%           %%                  %%%     %% G
     %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
     %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

     % is cave wall.  O is portal. Portal area elevation is
     about 5 feet taller than the other section.  So going
     down to other section is rock/stone natural steps.

  Party Locations -

     A - Arawn    - D20 [Above Map - Facing East]
     B - Ben'dar  - C23 [Above Map - Facing East]
     C - Caladan  - Second floor, Navigation room
     H - Chion    - ???
     F - Fremea   - E20 [Above Map - Facing East]
     K - Kiet     - First floor South Hallway
     R - Raban    - F22 [Above Map - Facing East]
     U - Unali    - C20 [Above Map - Facing East]
     Z - Z'leyra  - First floor South Hallway/Outside
       - Corona   - Roof outside
     E - Elf      - C40 [Above Map - Facing West]
     S - Man ???  - C/D 34-37 [Laying down, head raised, facing west]
     Prisoners    - First floor South Hallway
     Barbarians   - First floor South Hallway
     Wind         - Courtyard hourglass