[pnpgm] Game Update #54 - Rescue Turn 3: Phase 2+3....

john haight lithalis at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 01:58:17 CEST 2007

It is immediately apparent that the woman is willing to act out of desperation and will kill the Bard and possibly his mother before she goes down. Seeing that the party's actions are only serving to escalate the danger of the situation Arawn tries once again to calm things down. He speaks to the woman in Vassa, his sword sheathed and his hands open and empty.

   "Please, the others cannot understand you. Give me a chance to talk to them. They are upset but let try to calm them down."

   Turning around to face the others Arawn quickly translates the red-haired womans message.

   "Again, she is asking us for the last time to stop. If we don't Strie'bog will die and possibly his mother, with far reaching consequences."
   Taking a gamble that the woman will not be able to understand Marentian he adds,
   "Also, there is more than meets the eye here. Farseeker, please, for now, stop swinging at the man. I've noticed a few things that you might have missed and I'll need all of you to help me piece things together.
   First, a ward on the ceiling is growing in power at a tremendous rate. Secondly, there is a patch of mana  on the floor, about 5' by 4', glowing right around where Farseeker and his opponent are standing. It is nearly as strong as Z'leyra's aura and I have to wonder if it might be the Green Lady. Fourth, has anyone noticed that every time Farseeker swings at the man he misses, and then the moans and creaks increase in intensity. I'm wondering if somehow his attacks are hurting her, or if she is standing in the spot, unseen to our eyes. The last might be completely off base but I'd rather not find out the hard way.
   There are Wards everywhere, from magics that reveal deceptions to concealing thoughts. Still, I cast magics just for a situation like this before we entered to force truths to the surface. Give me a chance to find out what I can.
   Also, if any of you have any questions tell me and I will translate."

   He spoke quickly, almost frantically, his hands moving dramatically as he tries to persuade them. He also takes those few precious seconds while his back is turned to the woman to mutter a few secret words quietly under his breath...