[pnpgm] Re Claw

Alex Koponen akoponen at mosquitonet.com
Tue Sep 5 19:56:08 CEST 2006

Z'leyra will patch, massage and magically heal Ben'dar. In response to
his questions about the Claw she replies "I do not want the Claw
used...or destroyed until we know just what its powers and dangers are.
Nor do I want it exposed to loss to those who might misuse it
intentionally. I want it kept safe. Unfortunately whoever carries the
Claw may be in continual danger of being possessed by the spirit
inhabiting the Claw. If that happens it would be bad for everyone."

"I am not such an expert with the Oblivion spell that I can guarantee
that it would work. If it worked the Claw should be safe. But the spell
was designed to be used on people or creatures. Whether it would work on
an item, even an item with a spirit bound to it is questionable."

"Personally I would prefer that I be the one to carry the Claw. My staff
and another item important to my magic both make me immune to
possession. Unfortunately I could not give either of these items to
another without seriously reducing my magic."

"If someone claims the laurel staff we recovered and enhances it they
would be immune to possession as long as the staff was in their
hand...but staves are occasionally put down. If someone has some
enhancable Jet I could bespell it such that it would slightly improve
the resistance to possession of the one who carries it. Enhancable
chalcedony could make the possessor immune to possession. If any have
chalcedony I could enhance it and the Claw could be safely carried by
the one with the chalcedony."