[pnpgm] Game Update #124 - File #471 - Ezam gets mad!

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Oct 17 05:52:32 CEST 2006

  R3 Balrog................Balrog............Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Tom Crockett..........Caladan...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Sergi Sallent.........Jordi.............Wizard..Normal/Elf    Ma
  R4 Tim Falkenberg........Malradh ben Kasha.Merc....Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  Do Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Artist..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's,
       Z'Leyra's Eagle, 2 Draft Horses, Wolf - Boyzdar
       6 Captured Zen'da Horses

     Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem

     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #124   in sequence (file #471)

     Admin notes: None.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra speaks up "Your plans on the plains are why you have
          just lost some of your forces. Those plans involved dishonor
          to the spirits as well as hostility to the Zen'da. If we can
          guarantee that you will cease hostilities towards the Zen'da
          we may let you live. But first...right now you should make a
          heartfelt apology to the spirits for causing the desecration
          of graves."

          Z'leyra will ready her drum and cast Orient Self EL0.
        GM: Ack.

                        -----------------------------

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Actions]
          Ben'Dar's eyes narrow at the insult of being told that
          Zen'dans are "not so bold".  When the man stops speaking,
          Ben'Dar growls in Zen'dali, "You have cost the People far
          more than anyone has cost you.  You have killed many and
          displaced many more.  You have done great evil to the Zen'da.
          Tell me why have you done these things!"

          If the man answers, Ben'Dar will listen.  If the man does
          anything other than answer, Ben'Dar attacks with his pike,
          jabbing it across the desk, but not at the man.  He sweeps
          it across the desk and knocks the statue away.  It seems to
          be some sort of magical item and Ben'Dar does not want him
          to be able to use it against the party.  After that, he'll
          attack the leader across the desk.
        GM:  Ack.

                        -----------------------------

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
          Chion smiles hearing Chosai. He will reply in Chosai, "Well,
          I had not thought of an allegience with the (spitting)
          L'P'Nth. But you do not strike me as one just yet. For a man
          to be in charge, truly unusual. I will consider what to do
          with you." Switching to his own broken Merentian he will
          continue, "I left the note so that you knew I would return
          to take this fort. So yes, it is my intention that you should
          comply with the note. Your stolen goods were forfeit when you
          refused to send A'Gar to comply with the order in the note.
          But if it is a matter of principle that the injustice be
          repaid in some kind perhaps you can bargain for your life."
          Then, without  warning, he'll throw his sai trying to impale
          the guy in the  forhead (between the eyes). If successful,
          he will add "Nah." If  the statue thingie attacks or what
          have you, Chion will kill  Teed first, then it.
        GM: Ack.

                        -----------------------------

        From Strie'bog: [Re: Actions]
          Strie'bog has no intention of joining with this man, but he
          will start to talk with him as he suspects that his
          companions will want to attack as Ezam has stated that he is
          in command of this fort. Basically, he will try to be a
          distraction if others want to do things.

          "Ezam Dhur, you speak of riches and power, but power where?
          In this  country?  In the lands of the Zen'da?  And what
          riches?  Riches that  could only be spent here?"  If Ezam
          is distracted, Strie'bog will  continue with this line of
          questioning to try to find out what  Ezam is planning.

          (noting that Chion is going to try to attack with his Sai,
          Strie'bog will use Fire Arrow (EL 2) after Chion's attack).

        Octaqi 30, in the 163rd Year [TH]
        [Meanwhile in Caladan's Village]
        [Day 60 of Trip]
        [Time: 6:03am]

        [The party's reaction to Ezam is diverse as the group.
         Some believe him to be stupid.  Others think he is brave.
         While others believe he is hiding something for his
         confidence.  Many in the party has found out that a bold
         and confident enemy is of two types.  The one who is too
         over confident and sure and always fails.  The other type
         is those with that confidence that has reason to be sure
         of themselves. Those are liked trapped animals  Desperate
         enough to do anything.  They tend to surprise people with
         things hidden or sneaky.  Ezam with apparently only one
         way in and one way out is like that trapped animal.]

        [Balrog glances at the door and out into the hallway to
         ensure there is no rear ambush.  Ezam's comments about
         him being a thief sting slightly.  While he is a thief
         or was in a past life he tried for years not to look as such.
         His skills must be slacking.  Another reason to retire if
         he gets out of this...]

        [Ben'dar's anger boils over at Ezam's comments and his rage
         builds faster than a plains summer storm out of control.
         He wants so badly to kill the man outright and grips his
         Pike so hard his knuckles turn very white.  He waits for
         his cue to act.]

        [Chion ponders Ezam's words.  He knows he can't show any
         sign of emotion to Ezam or the party.  Power is one thing
         most beings strive for.  One can claim he doesn't seek
         power but in the end power is relative.  Some strive for
         military rank like Farseeker, some for magical power like
         Z'leyra, some for gold like Balrog, some to become
         a leader or not leader like Caladan, some to lead his
         people into greatness like Jordi, some just to help others
         like Kasha and others to just be content like Trembyl and
         Xian.  What makes one happy may not make the other person
         happy.  Clearly Ezam has investigated Chion.  But it has
         only been a short while, a week, since he made his presence
         known.  A short time.  Therefore he must've used magic
         to investigate Chion? Maybe he had good contacts in a spy
         network.  Who knows and who cares.  Chion tries to rattle
         Ezam's name through his mental files.  He has never heard
         of the name and it doesn't matter either way.  But at
         least it'll be another victim to add to his death file...]

        [Farseeker grips his greatsword with both hands and sword
         angled down toward his knees.  Farseeker looks around.
         A man this bold clearly outnumbered 5 to 1 in forces
         doesn't make sense to him.  He looks the room over with
         his eyes darting back and forth to ensure theres no hidden
         wall slits for bowmen or possible secret passages with
         an army waiting.  He does this without trying to be obvious
         while Ezam talks.  He comes across Teed and notices Teed
         eyes him for a brief few seconds as if gauging Farseeker's
         strength.  Farseeker eyes the statue and only notes it
         is ugly and something he'd find on the dirty streets of
         Sivas in some scummy outdoor vendor's booth.  his attention
         returns when Ezam makes his offer and Farseeker tenses as
         he hates traitors...]

        [Kasha eyes Ezam and feels a odd sense of something.  He
         can't place it but he feels warm like something unique
         is here.  He tosses his mace from hand to hand as his
         hands begin to sweat from the heat.  If only he could
         place it...]

        [Thig listens with slight interest to Ezam and all the while
         he shifts from foot to foot trying to sense magic in the
         room.  He senses magic from underfoot as if another
         purification ward.  If there was such in the ritual room
         it would only make sense one would exist here for better
         evil purposes and concentration.  He tries to sense
         Ezam and the statue.  But its too far out of his range
         over 80 feet away.  Man this room is big for a leader.
         He did sense Teed and found no magic from him when he
         walked near the party earlier.  The shelves, cabinet
         and bookcase he senses no magic from....the hairs on the
         back of his neck tingle as Ezam explains the statue.  A
         memory comes to mind...but it is only a statue...a
         representation of the creatures...]

        [Strie'bog hears the words in Marentian Ezam speaks.  Its
         strange he would speak in Marentian as if he knew their
         language.  Unless there is some communicate spell going
         on or ward?  Strie'bog reaches behind him with his left
         hand and fakes scratching his neck.  He has tried this
         before and improved on the technique.  He grabs a arrow
         from his quiver and with agile hands turns it sideways so
         as to be lengthwise with his arm.  He then brings his arm
         around twisting his hand so as to bring the arrow under his
         arm so not to be seen.  Its best to be prepared without
         giving your intent away.  He eyes Ezam and if he noticed
         he doesn't seem to care.  Teed seems to be looking at the
         ground below him ignoring the party at this time. He
         holds the arrow ready for possible combat....]

        [Trembyl looks around the room to see if there are any
         illusions but finds none.  He can't load and fire his
         Arbalest so he places his hands ready for his magical
         scimitar.  As Ezam talks Trembyl recalls Bertram who
         was deluded to think that one of the party betrayed them
         and became a traitor.  Just 5 or so months ago Bertram
         separated from the party and went his own way thinking
         to complete the mission and avoid the traitor.  the
         traitor was found and killed on clima but it wasn't the
         party.  How ironic that in his delusion and attempts to
         do the right thing he ended up dead entering a Climan
         sentry post on some unknown purpose.  He just killed over
         upon entry.  He always wondered if maybe one of the party
         killed him or he just had a bad heart....]

        [Unali places a hand in her tunic to grab a spare dagger.
         Ready for action.  She eyes Chion from the corner of her
         eye and hopes he makes the right choice.  Clearly she
         knows temptation.  It has hit her family in the past and
         ended up badly.  She chooses her target to be Teed first
         if this comes to battle.  This Teed fellow isn't just an
         aide.  His hands are too hard looking and he is too bulky
         with muscles.  No a paperpusher would be smaller.  Teed
         must be his bodyguard.  She recalls the bodyguard on Clima
         of that one priestess who had a invulnerable spell or item.
         She can't recall what it was now but he was hard to kill.
         She also notices Teed doesn't seem to care about the whole
         situation as if bored by the whole deal....]

        [Xian waits by the door and eyes the hallway and Ezam every
         few seconds as he talks.  There was a glint of something
         he saw when Ezam leaned forward.  Something familiar but
         he can't place it.  It was only seen for a half second.
         As he tries to replay the image in his mind he hears that
         odd rat like skittering and clanking noise.  He looks to
         Balrog to see if he hears it but Balrog is watching Ezam.
         Xian hates rats but he rather fight them then these 2 who
         seem over confident just like his dead brother was...]

        [Z'leyra hears Ezam talk.  She quickly sheathes the dagger
         into her ornate scabbard and reaches for her drum.  When
         Ezam draws attention to the statue she actually laughs to
         herself.  It looks more like a ornate shaman's drum than
         a statue.  Tension and nerves kick in and hairs seem to
         pop up on her neck.  She had a slight tingle from her
         dagger just a half second before she sheathed it.  She
         takes it as a warning and stays alert.  She suspects the
         dagger is picking up on danger and a future fight that will
         surely take place.  But the time frame of her being attacked
         right away and the danger sense time warning is off?  It
         might be 30 seconds before a combat begins and someone can
         reach her.  Yet the warning seems sooner or maybe she is
         reading the tingle wrong.  Maybe when she returns she can
         setup exercises to test the dagger's danger sense with
         demonstrations of folks trying to ambush her and such.  She
         files that away for another day.  She ponders what spells
         to cast in the upcoming battle.  For once why can't the
         bad guys just give up and surrender?  Why must they always
         fight? She sighs and waits for the battle...]

        [Z'leyra listens to Ezam and stands at attention and
         speaks to Ezam.]

        Z'leyra: "Your plans on the plains are why you have just lost
          some of your forces. Those plans involved dishonor to the
          spirits as well as hostility to the Zen'da. If we can
          guarantee that you will cease hostilities towards the Zen'da
          we may let you live. But first...right now you should make a
          heartfelt apology to the spirits for causing the desecration
          of graves."

        [Ezam turns his attention from Chion and hears this.  His gaze
         seems to turn dark as his eyes seem to darken and a smirk
         shows on his face.  It looks like he wants to laugh but
         doesn't.]

        Ezam: "Grave IS something I know about.  What I did to those
          mud folk was nothing short of an honor.  As to the apology...
          Your right of course." [He looks to the ceiling, Chion
          holds his Sai and knows a neck shot would be great but for
          some reason Chion is amused and listens.  Ezam spreads his
          hands out as if in a plea.] "I apologize to the great gods
          and wish they would help me to rid all Zen'da of their
          life so as we L'p'nth can truly rule!  I apologize for what
          I do today is only the first step in that process." [He
          looks down and his smirk fades.] "L'p'nth are superior.  You
          do know your deep in our lands?  We seem to dislike everyone
          including your folk and his." [He points to Ben'dar.] "Its
          nothing personal.  Personally I don't like the whole politics
          thing but I only go as they direct."

        [Strie'bog is horrified by this.  To mock the gods is a bold
         move.  To show sheer disdain for them is not right.  He
         almost readies and fires his bow then but holds back his
         anger.  Ezam is clearly trying to get a rise out of the party.
         A common tactic is to make the enemy enraged and they make
         more mistakes.  His father's book seems to guide his spirit
         to remain neutral...]

        GM: At this point the order of dialogue is slightly altered
          to make it more dramatic :).  This way everyone can get
          their say in and hope this is acceptable and more exciting.

        [Ben'dar's rage grows.  Its one thing to have his people
         called "not so bold" but to hear being called mud folk.
         That is an great insult that would have the man instantly
         killed by any warrior.  Ben'dar charges the man and swings
         his pike across the desk spilling the ink and knocking the
         statue off the desk.  Ben'dar then twists and turns and
         sends the pike straight down onto the center of Ezam's head
         and sends the blade at least 4 inches into his skull and
         smiles...He blinks as his daydream ends quickly...if only
         it was that easy a vision he'd certainly like to see go
         true.  Ben'dar growls and speaks in Zen'da not knowing if
         Ezam can understand it or not.]

        Ben'dar: "You have cost the People far more than anyone has
          cost you.  You have killed many and displaced many more.
          You have done great evil to the Zen'da.  Tell me why have
          you done these things!"

        [Ezam leans back in his chair and crosses his arm in disgust.]

        Ezam [In Marentian]: "Your language fouls me.  But you are bold.
          A clear exception to your people.  I don't have to answer to
          you or anyone.  Including Chion Blades the bold thief!  I
          don't answer to anyone.  Do you really believe the L'p'nth
          would put me here knowing a male is running the show? Not
          if I am special to them.  Which I am.  I can bring them
          power.  My plan on the plains is just the first step."
          [He ponders going further then continues] "Its clear you
          will be dead soon unless Chion joins me and wishes for
          YOUR life to be spared.  I'll tell you why.  As a last
          reward before you visit that vile spirit being or whatever
          he is called.  I sought out an item of great power in order
          to allow me to gain further power.  Its the same old story.
          But this item was special it could control the weak and
          with some other things even it could control the strong.
          How ironic it is to have the Zen'da take on the Zen'da and
          slaughter each other as OUR army.  We sit back and wait
          for the slaughter.  We then move to the plains and take over.
          like that old Don person did long ago.  Then L'p'nth will
          take on others in time.  with this item and the other things
          we can control even more and more people creating a army
          so large it can't be stopped.  Sadly though you won't be
          able to warn your people of this plan.  By then it will
          be too late." [He glances at Teed who smirks back.] "Does
          that answer your question?  Now step back I wait for
          Chion's answer."

         [As Ezam talks Z'leyra twists to the book case as if to
          look it up and down.  She notices some books and scrolls
          but her real intent is to cast a shamanic orientation
          spell to center herself.  She speaks softly and beats
          her drum very lightly.  Ezam does glance over but seems
          not to be concerned at this.  She enters her trance and
          the room seems to become heightened in her senses and
          hearing.  That skittering noise she was told about she
          can hear it now.  Odd.  She glances at Ezam and instead
          of a normal blue, green or red aura it seems he has a black
          aura.  She realizes this sensation seems to be new to her
          as she prepares for combat.]

         [Unali pulls out her dagger and holds it to her side
          against her hip.  When Ezam finishes she speaks.]

         Unali: "Your intelligence seems fine, but your manners
           leave room for improvement. Suggesting that Chion take
           the same road that Bertram took. Never a wise move for
           those who want to live. And telling the world that you
           feel your current bodyguard is an idiot and you would do
           better without him seems even worse. Someone might come
           by and tell Teed that you wish to replace him. That does
           wonders to a man's allegiance."

         [Ezam bursts out into a laugh and scowls at Unali.]

         Ezam: "My loyalty is to myself.   No one else.  Teed
           are you an idiot?" [He asks without looking.]

         Teed: "Yes Master."

         [Thig listens and hears the tone of voice.  He realizes
          then that maybe Teed must be a drugged slave or a
          magically compelled slave?]

         Ezam: "See.  He agrees.  Now until you join me and serve
           by my side you will NOT speak out of turn.  Females
           may rule this land but *I* rule this lair." [He
           didn't say fort but lair?  Unali wonders if he doesn't
           rule the fort and just rules this room.  A smirk spreads
           on her face.] "A threat by you doesn't concern me.  Now
           be quiet!  I'm losing my patience waiting for Chion to
           reply! WHAT do you say Chion?" [He emphasizes the word what]

         [Strie'bog knows Chion has to answer soon and the party
          will act on his cue.  While Ezam eyes Chion he hopes to
          distract the leader so Chion can get a sneak attack in.]

        Strie'bog: "Ezam Dhur, you speak of riches and power, but
          power where? In this  country?  In the lands of the Zen'da?
          And what riches?  Riches that  could only be spent here?"

        [Ezam's scowl returns and he quickly eyes Strie'bog in
         annoyance.]

        Ezam: "You need more sun my friend you look so green.  You
          must be sick your mind can't think tonight.  What I
          offer is beyond comprehension and will not be short of
          infamy throughout the lands.  I will not make my offer
          until Chion replies."

        [Chion smiles hearing Chosai. He will reply in Chosai,
         If someone understands the tongue in the party they
         do not show it.]

        Chion: [Chosai] : "Well, I had not thought of an allegiance
          with the (spitting) L'P'Nth. But you do not strike me as one
          just yet. For a man to be in charge, truly unusual. I will
          consider what to do with you."

        [Before Ezam can reply Chion switches to Marentian.]

        Chion: "I left the note so that you knew I would return to
          take this fort. So yes, it is my intention that you should
          comply with the note. Your stolen goods were forfeit when
          you refused to send A'Gar to comply with the order in the
          note. But if it is a matter of principle that the injustice
          be repaid in some kind perhaps you can bargain for your life."

        [Ezam reaches out a hand and smiles as if to mock Chion and
         begins to speak but without warning Chion with sai in hand
         throws it straight for Ezam's head.  Chion knows a head
         shot is extremely hard.  He also knows that a range of 90
         feet the chances of hitting Ezam is slim but it does get
         the point (pun withstanding) out.  The sai flies and
         whizzes right past Ezam's left ear by 2 inches and hits the
         far rear wall.  It clanks on it and falls to the ground.]

        Chion: "Nah."

        [Ezam still sitting in his seat seems unfased by this
         new turn of events.  He sighs.]

        Ezam: "A weak attempt.  You should've gotten closer.  When
          you go after your target like this the range is important.
          I'm so disappointed in you Chion.  Everyone drop your
          weapons and you'll not be killed." [He waves his arm in
          a gesture and speak in a flat monotone voice) "Surrender
          now and you will still be useful to me."

        [This time its Balrog show bursts out in a laugh.  Ezam
         sighs and nods.  The air of tension rises in the room as
         events turn chaotic.  Suddenly from the darkness of the
         hallway a small figure runs and scurries into the room.
         Balrog doesn't spot it laughing but Xian does and swings
         his war staff at the rat.  But he realizes its awfully
         big about the size of a 2 foot dwarf.  It actually looks
         like the statue.  Xian swings again but misses as the agile
         creature jumps over the staff.]

        [Teed reaches calmly for his spear and holds it.]

        [Ezam sits at his table with arms on the desk.]

        [Clearly only Xian sees the creature at this point and
         when Ezam doesn't hear anyone surrender he sighs one
         final time and shakes his head.]

        Ezam: "Fools!  All of you!  You had your chance."

        [Ezam stands.]

        [The creature weaves between Xian and Kasha and heads
         seems to look wildly about.  His chittering picks up "Urb
         burruh" and his large oblong eyes seem to glow red.  At
         the same time those watching the desk notice the statue
         on the desk do the same as eyes glow red.  The creature
         turns instantly to the south east and heads straight for
         Z'leyra.]

        [Farseeker rushes forward knowing things have changed...]

        [Thig flies forward as well not seeing the creature but
         picks up on a magic presence.  not sure what it is he
         concentrates on ezam rather than looking for it.]

        [Teed twirls his spear in hand ready for action.]

        [Suddenly the creature hits Z'leyr'a boot.  Having turned
         to face Ezam Z'leyra feels the impact against her boots.
         As she shifts to look down she sees the gray small creature's
         large overshaped mouth clamp down on the tops of her boots.
         She tries to swing her staff at it to pat it away...]

        [Unali smiles at Chion and charges forward.]

        Unali:  "Glad you are on our side Chion."

        [Z'leyra sees the creature clamp down and mutter between
         its lips some strange words "Bu ur bur Za" then her
         mind seems overwhelmed with a strange sensation.  She
         can feel her innnate magical defense seem to build and
         try to repel against this sensation but its strong very
         strong.  She becomes dizzy and looks up for a split second
         and sees...blackness...]

        [Everyone but Xian and Balrog move forward.  Xian looks
         for the creature but sees something more disturbing as
         the creature clamps on Z'leyra.]
        GM: This simulated below.

        [Turn 1: Phase 1]

          [Mana Allocation -]

             [Thig, Strie'bog and Xian allocate mana.]

          [Missile Fire    -]

             [Strie'bog loads and fires his bow at Ezam.  It
              is medium range but the arrow hits him in the
              chest and penetrates inward.  However it doesn't
              explode into fire which must mean his spell failed.]

          [Magic Effect    -]

             [Thig and Xian cast an invisibility spell and disappear.]

          [Melee & Movement-]

             [Farseeker charges forward.]

             [Teed stands ready in a defensive position.]

             [Ben'dar and Unali move forward.]

             [Ezam reaches down and grabs the arrow in his right
              lower rib.  He yanks it out and throws it to the
              ground by Teed.  A scowl forms on his face.]
             Ezam: "Kill all but her and leave Chion for me!"

             [Balrog stands ready at the door.  He is eager to
              join the battle but he is also wounded and knows
              he could be useful as a reinforcement and in case
              others enter the room.]

             [Chion and Kasha head forward.]

        [Turn 1: Phase 2]

          [Mana Allocation -]

             [Strie'bog allocates mana for another fire spell.]

          [Missile Fire    -]

             [Strie'bog fires and casts his bow.  The arrow
              flies and hits Ezam again this time in the right
              arm and penetrates.  Amazingly Ezam doesn't give
              a yelp of pain.  Also the fire arrow doesn't explode
              again meaning a possible failure.]

          [Melee & Movement-]

             [Thig Flies forward to get into a good firing position.]

             [Farseeker moves forward.]

             [Teed moves forward to meet the party.]

             [Ben'dar and Unali move forward.]

             [Ezam reaches over and pulls the arrow out and stands.]
             Ezam: "Now that made me mad!"

             [Chion and Kasha move forward.]

      [Map end of Phase 2]

         1         2         3         4
1234567890123456789012345678901234567890123
/  \______________________________________/    1 Column = 5 feet
\__I````@@@@```````__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  IA   1 Row    = 5 feet
/  I__/ @@@@/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__IB   1 Hex    =10 feet
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ *IC  __ I  = Walls
/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__T  \__/  \__/  \_*ID
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  IE   ` = Shelf
/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__IF   @ = Wooden cabinet
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__Q  \__/  \B_M  \__/  IG   / = Door [I4]
/  IR_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  K__/  \+_####__IH   $ = Bookcase
\_/   \__/ S\__/  \__/  \__/  U__/+ ##_/  II   + = Chair
/  IX_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__C F\__##L\__IJ   ## = Wooden desk
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/+ ####  IK   ** = Table of food/water
/  I$_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__IL
\__I$ \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  IM
/  I$_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__IN
\__I$ \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  IO
/  I$_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__IP
\__I$ \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  IQ
/  I______________________________________IR
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_

   L = Ezam      [J39]   M = Teed      [G34]    R = Balrog    [H5]
   B = Ben'dar   [G32]   C = Chion     [J31]    F = Farseeker [J33]
   K = Kasha     [H28]   S = Strie'bog [I12]    Q = Trembyl   [G22]
   U = Unali     [I31]  *X = Xian      [J5]     Z = Z'leyra   [??]
  *T = Thig      [D25] - 8' feet high     [* = Invisible]

        [Turn 1: Phase 3]

          [Mana Allocation -] None

          [Missile Fire    -]

            [Thig aims his repeating crossbow and aims at Teed.
             But the dart misses him entirely.]

          [Melee & Movement-]

            [Farseeker rounds a chair and rounds the left side
             of the desk but not quite at Ezam yet.]

            [Teed closes the 5 feet and charges Ben'dar. He
             thrusts his spear at Ben'dar.  But the magic of
             his pike helps to deflect the blow what would've
             been a hit is deflected by the pike's magic to a miss.]

            [Trembyl closes the distance and gets within 5 feet
             of Teed.]

            [Ben'dar swings his Pike at Teed and fails to hit
             as well.]

            [Unali crosses the final 6 feet to Teed and swings
             both daggers but both amazingly seem to miss him.]

            [Ezam moves aside and charges the 3 feet to Farseeker.
             He has no weapons and Ezam throws at punch at Farseeker
             and hits in his upper left chest doing 4 points of
             damage knocking almost the wind out of Farseeker.]

            [Chion moves forward with Staff in one hand and sai in
             the other.  He gets just behind Farseeker and should
             reach Ezam next phase.]
            GM: Remember if fighting with staff 2 hands needed.

            [Kasha closes the distance toward Teed.  he passes
             by Ben'dar and comes to the back of Teed.  He
             swings his mace and misses.]

            [Strie'bog no longer has a good shot so runs forward.
             He could fire on Ezam now but might hit Chion and
             Farseeker.]

            [Xian looks at the battle then yells out.]

            Xian: "Z'leyra is missing!"

            [Xian also notices the creature is gone as well.]

      [Map end of Phase 3]

         1         2         3         4
1234567890123456789012345678901234567890123
/  \______________________________________/    1 Column = 5 feet
\__I````@@@@```````__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  IA   1 Row    = 5 feet
/  I__/ @@@@/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__IB   1 Hex    =10 feet
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ *IC  __ I  = Walls
/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__T  \__/  \__/  \_*ID
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  IE   ` = Shelf
/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__Q  K__/  \__IF   @ = Wooden cabinet
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \BM/  \__/  IG   / = Door [I4]
/  IR_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ U\+_####__IH   $ = Bookcase
\_/   \__/  \__/  \__/ S\__/  \__/+ ##_/  II   + = Chair
/  IX_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__##+\L_IJ   ## = Wooden desk
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/+ ####F IK   ** = Table of food/water
/  I$_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  C__IL
\__I$ \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  IM
/  I$_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__IN
\__I$ \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  IO
/  I$_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__IP
\__I$ \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  IQ
/  I______________________________________IR
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_

   L = Ezam      [J41]   M = Teed      [G33]    R = Balrog    [H5]
   B = Ben'dar   [G32]   C = Chion     [L40]    F = Farseeker [J33]
   K = Kasha     [H28]   S = Strie'bog [I24]    Q = Trembyl   [F31]
   U = Unali     [H33]  *X = Xian      [J5]     Z = Z'leyra   [??]
  *T = Thig      [D25] - 8' feet high     [* = Invisible]

         GM: Ok.  That's 3 phases.  Should be enough to get more
           actions.  Let me know for say 2 more phases.  I'll
           do the 2 on Wednesday.  If you guys need me to hold
           off till Friday though let me know by saying "Hold!"
           and I'll hold off.

         Actions? Comments?

         Next update Wednesday...

         GM: Oh guess you thought I forgot about Z'leyra? :)

         [Z'leyra's eyes blur as her sensations seem to be
          flooded and blind her.  The darkness overtakes her.
          What seems like hours turns out to be seconds as her
          senses begin to return.  She blinks her eyes and instinctively
          tries to bat the creature at her boots with her staff.
          She feels a change in surroundings first as if the air
          is more dusty and tight in here.  She blinks more and
          suddenly candlelight is seen.  She quickly looks down just
          in time to see the creature release her boot and go screaming
          off with its arms flailing.  She swings at it but misses.
          The little bugger speaks jumbles of a language she doesn't
          know.  It enters the shadows in the far right corner in
          front of her.  Then she sees them.  A man is standing with
          a spear pointing at her.  She glances all around her and
          sees more men with weapons.  The one in front stands tall
          with a short sword pointing at her.  The others all seem
          to have spears.  In total there are 8 men surrounding her
          each at a cross point and at X points around her.  They
          are standing at least 4 feet away just out of initial
          movement range.  They look prone to throw the spears but
          stand ready.  The shadows cloud the faces but they all
          look to be the same height.  Then she hears a voice in
          the left front corner...]

         Female: "Leave this room!" [Z'leyra believes the female
           was talking to the creature as if annoyed by it.  Then
           the female continues.] "You!  Shaman!  Hand over the
           Claw.  You were so nice to deliver it to us!  Hand it
           over and you live.  Else...." [she lets the words trail
           off.  These words are in Marentian.]

     GM: If you want to change targets from Ezam to Teed or vice
       versa let me know.  Remember view the map on the game website
       if it messes up in email.