[pnpgm] Game update #122 - File #466 - Party Meets Ezam

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Fri Oct 13 05:23:01 CEST 2006

  R3 Balrog................Balrog............Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Tom Crockett..........Caladan...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Sergi Sallent.........Jordi.............Wizard..Normal/Elf    Ma
  R4 Tim Falkenberg........Malradh ben Kasha.Merc....Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  Do Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Artist..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's,
       Z'Leyra's Eagle, 2 Draft Horses, Wolf - Boyzdar
       6 Captured Zen'da Horses

     Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem

     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #122   in sequence (file #465)

     Admin notes: None.

        Octaqi 30, in the 163rd Year [TH]
        [Meanwhile in Caladan's Village]
        [Day 60 of Trip]

        [Time: 5:48am]

          [Earlier in the Ritual Room Strie'bog studies the tapestry.
           While Bards do get some formal training in the arts in
           the case of Strie'bog he did not.  He mainly got training
           in music, singing and dance.  As stated before this tapestry
           is a mountain scene.  The sky is a dusky red as if the sun
           is setting low to the right maybe early morning or night.
           In between tall mountains a silver road seems to wind through
           going from the bottom left to middle right.  The colors
           are vivid reds, browns and silver making it a striking
           picture.  As to hidden symbols and clues there doesn't seem
           to be anything that Strie'bog can recognize.  Strie'bog
           tries to memorize the tapestry as best he can.  The columns
           are 6 in total and the images would take some more time
           to memorize them all]

        [Time: 6:00am]

          [Meanwhile back at Caladan's village it is still quite dark.
           Sunrise should be in another 20-40 minutes.  But the females
           of the tribe are already up and fixing breakfast and doing
           morning chores.  There are only a small handful of males
           up and about aside from the village sentries.  Caladan
           sits near the central fire place with Gib'borah, Cetric and
           Durge.  Jordi sits back a ways leaning against a sack looking
           out over the village.]

          Cetric: "Why doesn't your friend join us?"

          Caladan: "Jordi?  I think the people fear him still a bit.
            They are not used to his kind.  Besides he has been quiet
            of late and I fear he misses his wife and homeland."

          Gib'borah: "It's been almost two hours since they left do
            you think they are okay?"

          [Caladan looks into the high fire as the morning breeze
           sweeps through cooling things down and making folks grab
           their blankets around them.  Caladan punctures the fire
           with a stick.]

          Caladan: "I'm sure they are.  They are quite capable of
            dealing with things."

          Gib'borah: "How long do we give them?"

          Caladan: "It could take hours to clear a castle or fort or
            whatever is they went into.  I'd say by mid-sun we then
            might get concerned.  But the problem is I'm no position
            to get there as I don't have that ability.  We'd have to
            ride horses and that could take days to get to them.  They
            are quite on their own."

          Durge: "I still don't see why they went there."

          Cetric: "City folks are just strange in their ways..."

          [Cetric realizes his comment and glances at Caladan.  He
           quickly looks away and realizes he may have offended him.
           But Caladan ignores the comment.]

          [Cetric and Durge stand and go inspect the sentries around
           camp to replace them with new ones and see of any night
           reports.  This leaves Gib'borah and Caladan alone.]

          Gib'borah [speaking faintly]: "Your death.  Did you see any
            great spirits or magic guides?"

          [Caladan ponders the question and tries to recall his memory.
           But it always seems to be on the border of his mental
           fringes.  He can feel the memory but can't seem to recall
           it back to him.  Maybe over time...]

          Caladan: "I don't remember at all.  Just darkness and ...
            a voice I think...but I don't recall what it said."

          Gib'borah: "Maybe it was the great maker speaking to you
            that you should return here?  Maybe a smoke quest would
            help clear things up?"

          [Caladan remembers the ritual the Zen'da do. They would
           sit in a Tipi for hours and look into the smoke.  The
           lodge was the best place sometimes for it as the smoke
           would be blocked from exiting and fill the entire room
           but it could cause breathing issues.  Some would just
           sit and meditate for hours.  Others would drink or take
           things Shaman's supplied to help them see images in
           the smoke.  The Zen'da thought the spirit guides would
           talk to them directly or indirectly through images.]

          Caladan: "I've not done one for many years since I was eight.
            Maybe...Maybe..."

          [Caladan looks up to the sky and the stars and his mind
           begins to wander...]

        [Time: 6:02am]

          Male: "Excuse...please..come ...expected...this way this
                 way...if you please?"

          [The party are suprised of the male speaking to them.
           Its very unusual.  the man seems to be trying to speak
           in Marentian but in a broken accent so may not understand
           the full language.]

          Balrog: "I don't like this."

          [Ben'dar grabs his Pike and gives a almost non verbal
           growl as he eyes the man.]

          [Chion grabs his staff and feels confident.]

          [Farseeker holds his Greatsword in one hand and waves the
           party on.]

          Farseeker: "Let's go.  We don't have much to lose."

          Kasha: "To lose?  Famous last words."

          Thig: 'Too bad he's seen us all or we could hide some of
            us but he has seen us all.  Might as well go."

          [Strie'bog checks her bow and gear and finds everything
           in order.]

          [Trembyl eyes the male up and down and sees nothing
           out of the ordinary.  He nods in agreement.]

          [While everyone looks at the man and ponders to go Unali
           flexes her fingers and holds one dagger in hand while
           the other in belt.  She looks around and behind her
           to ensure no one else might be seen. ]

          [Xian leans on his war staff and waits for the party.]

          [Z'leyra shifts her satchel and bag on her shoulder.
           The weight has been light for her but does make her
           breath and sweat just slightly from the concentration
           of holding onto the gear.]

          GM: Since no one posted since last update I'll assume
            folks go north.

          [The party heads north the 180 odd feet.  The male stands
           and with hands clasped in front of him nods and looks
           at the party.  As the party approach he raises his left
           hand and points to a door.]

          Male: "Please to enter?"

          [Farseeker eyes the man over and stops.  In case its a trap
           best to send the man in first and see if he says a password
           or something.]

          Farseeker: "You first."

          [The man nods and walks slowly into the door and into the
           room.  He crosses the room and goes to the back.
           Farseeker shrugs and waves the party on.]

          [The party rounds and looks into the room.  They see a
           man sitting at a desk against the wall.  he is looking
           down and writing something.  The man they saw is standing
           a few feet to his right.  The man waves the party on.
           Thig looks into the room and senses.  He turns and
           whispers.]

          Thig: "I can sense something but its faint.  It may be
            further into the room."

          Kasha: "Dangerous?"

          [Thig glances back.  Then back to the party.]

          Thig: "I don't sense that its a passive spell.  It could
             be purified ground. I don't detect any wards on the
             ward or in the next 20 feet."

          Male: "Please to enter?"

          [The party looks inside.  It seems harmless.  One way in
           and one way out.  The party would surely have a slight
           advantage with that.  Then a 10 to 2 advantage.  It
           should be fairly easy.]

          Farseeker: "Balrog and Xian stay back and watch the door.
            Make sure no one comes up behind us."

          [The party enters with Farseeker in the lead followed by
           Thig and the rest.  Eventually everyone enters and Xian
           keeps the door open.]

          [Upon entry the party sees the room seems more fancy than
           the other offices.  The carpet is a dull green.  To
           the left wall lines 40 feet of the wall.  it seems to
           have various items on it.  Looks like alot of empty
           room on the shelves.  but some scrolls, bottles of ink,
           quills and pads.  Maybe a book or two.  A small chest
           and maybe a few mugs and glass flasks from the looks of it.
           In between the shelves is a small wooden cabinet about 3
           feet tall with 2 brass handles on it.  Strie'bog can determine
           its a superior grade design.  On the far wall to the
           left of the party is a table about 3x3 feet that has food
           and water on it.  There are 3 pitchers probably for water
           of wine.  A small water basin and a couple baskets of fruits.]

          [To the right of the door and party is a bookcase that takes
           up 30 feet of the wall.  It starts at about 2 foot off the
           ground and up another 6 or so foot.  The ceiling in here is
           about 10 feet and seems to be smoothed out unlike other
           rooms in the place.  The bookcase has 3 shelves.  At a
            glance there is about 25-30 scrolls and 3 books on the
            shelves.  Not many books for a bookcase but he must
            believe in scrolls.]

           [Across the door are 3 chairs with plus cushions in them.
            They are directly in front of a large wooden desk.  On
            the desk is a few scrolls, ink jars, quills, pads and
            a mug with a platter of something that might have been
            food? The desk is rather empty for its large overgrown
            size.  On the desk to one side of it to the right of
            the man sitting seems to be s small squat status about
            8 inches tall.  It looks like a fat dwarf with large
            gray eyes and a stub of a nose.  Its gray and doesn't
            look like a real person but maybe an exaggerated person.
            The statue faces the door and looks to be the only
            decoration on the desk.  The small mug might be decorative
            but doesn't look that fancy.  Behind the man in the
            rear wall is just flat wall with nothing on it.]

           [The man looks up from his writing as the party enters.]

           Man: "Please I'll be with you in just a minute.  Come in."

           [He looks up and then back down writing on a scroll.  After
            everyone is in and waiting for 2 seconds he finally puts
            the quill down and sits back in his stuffed chair.  It
            squeaks.  The room is lit by overhanging candle supports
            and wall candles that lit everything well.  The man
            looks to be pale in the light with black hair and maybe
            green eyes?  He is wearing a silk tunic but can't tell
            of pants.  On his right hand is seen a ring on his second
            finger.  From the shine it looks to be a sapphire.  ]

           [The man standing who ushered the party here stands with
            his hands clasped in front of him.  He eyes the party
            all the time they enter.  He is rather old looking
            compared to the party and maybe as old as 30.  He
            appears to stand in a manner that might invoke good
            station or upbringing.  He stands 6 foot 8 and
            is about 225 pounds.  He is wearing simple clothing
            and a vest with brown pants.  A bulge under his arm might
            indicate a dagger in his vest.  A spear rests to the right
            of him as well.  A small bag hangs from his belt that looks
            to be stuffed.]

           [The man at the desk also appears to be older than the party
            maybe in his late 30s or early 40s.  There are no weapons
            on the desk.]

           [The man sits back and places his hands clasped on the desk
            edge.  He smiles and waits for the party to examine the
            room and get comfortable.]

           Man: "I'm sorry let me introduce myself.  I am Ezam Dhur.
             This is my aide Teed.  I had to finish some business"
             [He waves a hand at the desk and scroll] "Running a
             fort like this takes long hours of work.  Who would've
             thought of that when I took this job." [He eyes the
             party over] "One of you must be ...Chion blades?" [He
             raises a hand and waves it which makes the party nervous
             and grab weapons] "No no.  Don't tell me.  Let me guess."

           [Ezam looks at the party each member.  He eyes Balrog.]

           Ezam: "You could be him.  You certainly fit the type."

           [He eyes Ben'dar.]

           Ezam: "No.  Not you.  Zen'da aren't so bold."

           [He eyes Chion.]

           Ezam: "Very possible.  But the staff looks out of place.
             Something a wizard would use."

           [He eyes Farseeker.]

           Ezam: "A true warrior.  You can't be him as you would
             not have the ...ability likely."

           [He eyes Kasha.]

           Ezam: "I'd have to guess another warrior.  You hands
             look toughened like a worker or warrior."

           [He eyes the Faerry Thig and his brows furrow.]

           Ezam: "A faerry with this group?  Very unusual.  But
             you clearly are not him."

           [Ezam examines Strie'bog and sizes him up.]

           Ezam: "Music instruments and weapons.  If you are an
             artist then you must not be him."

           [He eyes Trembyl and Xian]

           Ezam: "No.  Too small and not strong enough."

           [He eyes the females Unali and Z'leyra]

           Ezam: "I know Chion to be male.  You two can't be
             him obviously.  So that leaves you and you."

           [He points to Balrog and Chion.]

           Ezam: "You clearly enter my fort unannounced and steal
             a horde of weapons from me.  Thieves have to make
             their living.  But to leave a note...that is very
             bold.  A thief may leave marks to get reputation but
             not like this.  I also heard reports of possible magic
             and skills in combat.  Who could it be.  A'gar told
             me you were large.  So it must be you am I correct?"

           [he stares at Chion but doesn't wait for an answer.  He
            leans forward and crosses his arms on the desk.  His
            face gets serious.]

           Ezam: "You obviously got this far and that must be
             something.  From the smell and look of blood you
             must've taken our my forces.  That is not friendly.
             That is down right cruel.  Downright hostile.  I
             don't like to be hostile if I can avoid it.  Are
             you their leader?  It doesn't really matter.  I
             hold you responsible.  I have a bill here somewhere
             for new weapons you owe me.  But if you return them
             I might not charge you.  Of course depending on how
             much of my forces you slaughtered" [he says the last
             word with a air of tension and deep growl] "there
             might be more to pay for that."

           [Ezam looks at Trembyl who is staring at the statue.]

           Exam: "You notice my friend here?"

           [He pats the statue on the head.]

           Ezam: "They say their name is Sr'u'im.  It is a statue
             of a creature found with the gods for what I'm told.
             Found in a area where its lava all the time.  They
             are said to be nasty.  One of the friends of A'gar
             gave it to me.  Rather ugly isn't it?"

           Ezam: "Where is my manners?  Would anyone like food or
             drink?  We have some nice wine?"

           [Ezam waits a few seconds then continues.]

           Ezam: "I was expecting you to return.  A note like that
             shows boldness.  I suspected and was correct you
             would return.  Did you meet up with A'gar?  She was
             looking forward to meeting you again."

           [Chion reflexively reveals the answer by a small smirk.]

           Ezam: "Ahh.  Well I see.  Oh well.  She was the third in
             command here.  They can be replaced.  They all can.
             A'gar was special though.  Quite special.  Very useful
             for the cause.  She will be missed.  Such good help
             is hard to find these days.  I just got word that my
             plans on the plains were ruined.  I suspect that was
             your doing" [He waves a hand at the party.] "That
             operation was time consuming and costly.  I'm always
             looking for good people.  What do you say your team
             joins me?  I can wipe the stone clean and not be
             concerned at all that you cost me.  Together we can
             get so much done.  There will be complications I'm
             sure but we can resolve them."

           [Ezam stops and glances to the right and looks to think.
            He nods and then turns back to the party.]

           Ezam: "So do I surrender here? Or do you wish to join
             me and gain power and wealth?"

           [He looks to Chion and speaks in a tongue that must be
            Choshai.]

           Ezam: "What do you say?"

           [The party look at each other confused.  Is this man
            insane or serious?]

         Actions? Comments?

         Next update Monday...

  [Master Office] -  130x90'   1234567890123    1 Column = 10 fet
                              I-------------IA  1 Row = 15 feet
                              I``@``       *IB  ## = Big desk
                              I        . ## IC   . = Chair  $ = Bookcase
                              /        . #. ID   ] = Door   * = Food/Water
                              I$       . ## IE  `` = Shelf      Cabinet
                              I$_.__________IF  @ = Cabinet

         1         2         3         4
1234567890123456789012345678901234567890123
/  \______________________________________/    1 Column = 5 feet
\__I````@@@@```````__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  IA   1 Row    = 5 feet
/  I__/ @@@@/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__IB   1 Hex    =10 feet
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/ *IC  __ I  = Walls
/  I__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_*ID
\__I  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  IE   ` = Shelf
/  I__/  \__T  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_MIF   @ = Wooden cabinet
\__I  \__/  Q__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  IG   / = Door [I4]
/  IR_/  \__/B \__/  \__/  \__/  \+_####__IH   $ = Bookcase
\_/   \__K S\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/+ ##_/  II   + = Chair
/  IX_/  \__/F \__/  \__/  \__/  \__##L\__IJ   ## = Wooden desk
\__I  \__/ U\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/+ ####  IK   ** = Table of food/water
/  I$_/  \_C/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__IL
\__I$ \__/ Z\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  IM
/  I$_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__IN
\__I$ \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  IO
/  I$_/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__IP
\__I$ \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  IQ
/  I______________________________________IR
\__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \__/  \_

   L = Man Behind Desk [J39]
   M = Male            [F42]
   R = Balrog    [H5]  - Facing South/East
   B = Ben'dar   [H14] - Facing East
   C = Chion     [L12] - Facing East
   F = Farseeker [J14] - Facing East
   K = Kasha     [I10] - Facing East
   T = Thig      [F13] - Facing East [On ground]
   S = Strie'bog [I12] - Facing East
   Q = Trembyl   [Q13] - Facing East
   U = Unali     [K12] - Fasing East
   X = Xian      [J5]  - Facing North/North East
   Z = Z'leyra   [M12] - Fasing East