[pnpgm] Game update #132 - File #495 - Teleport or Ride?

Scott Adams longshot at darktech.org
Tue Nov 7 04:58:21 CET 2006

  R3 Balrog................Balrog............Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Tom Crockett..........Caladan...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Sergi Sallent.........Jordi.............Wizard..Normal/Elf    Ma
  R4 Tim Falkenberg........Malradh ben Kasha.Merc....Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  Do Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Artist..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's,
       Z'Leyra's Eagle, 2 Draft Horses, Wolf - Boyzdar
       6 Captured Zen'da Horses

     Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://www.funport.com/longshot/pbem

     Private emails (not public actions) to longshot at darktech.org

     Game Update #132 in sequence (file #485)

     Admin notes:  None

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
          Guards/Prisoners: Kill or bring back to plains or Marentia.

          Old Man: Ask if all those were killed if there is anyone left
          in his town? If so, let him go with a day's food and gear.
          Chion is happy with his words regarding this place. Also, is
          it a L'P'Nth town or a plains (Bova?) town? And how interested
          is he in purchasing quality armor and/or skins on a regular
          basis? Chion might consider making a contact for trading
          (since he'll be in the armory business sometime in the future).

          Castle: Still wants to loot all he can. He'll take as much
          out as he can.
        GM: Ack.  If you want to make him a contact he can supply
          you with a rough idea of his village probably within
          10 miles and I can make him a contact on your contact list.
          Still wanting to take all the wood and such?  That would
          take weeks to get the furniture out.  No gold studded
          or diamond studded beds so pretty normal mundane furniture.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
          Z'leyra would prefer a delay of a day so that a library wall
          can be removed and the library looted...also she wants to be
          able to cast spells such as Tongues and she will have to wait
          for tomorrow to be able to do so. Another thing she would like
          to do is another attempt to determine the powers of the Claw.

          After Tongues is used she will be able to question the prisoners.
          She doesn't she the need for haste if the party can teleport
          away if enemy reinforcements come.

          Z'leyra will help heal people as needed.

          She helps knock down the north wall of the library so that
          the contents can be removed without setting off the magical
          defenses. Since looting the castle takes only a few hours we
          can take the loot, prisoners and the old man and leave,
          collapsing the castle behind us.

          The prisoners she feels can be released, though she would like
          the old man to stay with the party for at least a day so that
          she can learn L'p'nth.

          She will help conceal any loot we can't take immediately.

          Re loot:
          1st floor - take horses and stable gear. Maybe some misc.
            supplies and food.
          2nd floor - leave catapults and ammo. Leave most of the
            uniforms. Take papers and letters from offices.
          3rd floor - take almost all stuff.
          Take the weapons, armor, treasure etc.

          If we load a lot of the loot onto the horses we could ride
          and lead the horses back to Caladan's village...though it
          might take awhile.

          If too much weight of loot we can put a lot in a room we feel
          is unlikely to collapse. Then using Travel Powers we could
          loot the stuff later.
        GM: Ack.  Nothing specific treasure wise you want eh? :)

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
          Chion suggests that he should make two trips. One with half
          the party and half the loot and another with the other halves.
          With any luck he won't teleport half way into something (but
          by now he pretty well knows where he's going. A dedicated
          circle in the center of the courtyard might be in order just
          to help him get back and forth (wouldn't hurt). Presumably most
          people can be out of the fort within a short while. Chion has
          slightly different plans for afterwards, but that is not a
          suprise to anyone. He's contemplating the catepults now too...
          A ward on the drawbridge to let him know if anyone passes
          through the main gate might be in order too. For the most
          part, Chion just wants to strip the place down and then leave.
          Although practicing destruction could be fun and fitting on a
          place like this. Hmm...

          Treasure wise, the gold is pretty decent (going to be about
          40 ea? Give or take the armors and what all).
          Chion is wondering about the large flawless ruby. Can it be
          removed and enhanced? (Gee, imagine Chion Fearless... lol)

          Also, any insight into the ring and talisman is good.
          So if he needs to do a knowledge spell he will when back on
          the plains.

          His immediate plans for the future are relatively unchanged:
          Loot and strip the castle; destroy useability of it. Study the
          language of L'P'Nth so he can read the texts and spell
          scrolls/book(s). Study Shamanistic magic. After he succeeds or
          fails that he'll go back to Marentia and start up his shop if
          nothing new is happening - like finding a note from Ezam that
          says "For the bounty head of Chion Blades, Reward - 25 GC" or
          some such.
        GM: Ack.  The circle in the village is still there.  It was
          emptied for this purpose.  As to doing wards and such
          let me know on your final plans.  Once I know the final
          plans of everyone we can move back to the plains.
          I will answer some of the above below.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: more actions]
          Essentially Z'leyra votes that we hide the stuff we can't take,
          destroy the castle (except the interior hidden room where we
          stashed the stuff we couldn't take), and make a packtrain with
          the horses carting off the loot, accompanied by the party and
          the old man. Leave the prisoners asleep or something so that
          they will take hours to free themselves.

          I figure a packtrain could easily make 10 or miles a day and
          likely be back in Zen'da territory safe before any large
          reinforcement could catch us...if we were caught be a large
          enemy force we could still teleport away, though we would lose
          much of the loot.

          If this is the choice taken Z'leyra will have Corona scout to
          warn us if any enemy approach within 10 or so miles as we trek
          back to the village.

        Octaqi 30, in the 163rd Year [TH]
        [Meanwhile in Caladan's Village]
        [Day 60 of Trip]

        [The party select their items for personal loot.  Consider
         these selections after treasure is inventoried and gathered.]

        Balrog: A whip

        Balrog: "All I want to have a backup for my current whip.
          Course I'll take a share of any proceeds of items sold."

        Farseeker: None

        Farseeker: "I was hoping to find another Great Sword to replace
          mine.  But they seem to not use them.  Mine is getting
          damaged and scratched.  I'll have to use the coins we share
          to buy another one."

        Xian: 26 Quarrels.

        Xian: "This will give me an even 50 Quarrels for my supplies.
          Should keep me supplied for some time."

        Kasha: Sling, the 12 strange Sling Projectiles

        Kasha: "I have a handle sling which I rarely use.  The sling
          would make a good backup if it breaks.  The projectiles
          are interesting.  Almost like a Bhamotin markings on them.
          I would like them if no one else wants them."

        Thig: Flag - Possible vampire flag?

        Thig: "Nothing seems to interest me much here.  So I'd just
          like the share of coins.  On second thought that flag
          of the odd runes and symbols might be something Ezam
          used for his crest or a vampire flag.  I'd like that.
          If I ever get to home again I could present this to
          the King and Queen.  Boy!  That would make Varange
          upset!  Definitely!  Yes.  I'd like the flag just to
          see him green with envy!"

        GM: The above items removed from Treasure Report.  If anyone
            wanted them please let me know and we can haggle.  No one
            above took much things so it shouldn't be a conflict.

        [Chion continues his conversation with Jef.  Jef replies.]

        Jef: "No the caravan was not my entire village.  I was
          only there to sell my wares.  A year's work...all...
          gone...The caravan was a collection of three or four
          towns."

        [Based on his description the town he is from is 3 day's
         ride.  Its deep in the mountains to the south-east of
         the castle, east of Ba'ru and west of the L'p'nth desert.
         So its not on the plains.

        Jef: "Purchase armor and skins?  I'm poor mister.  I just
          lost a year's work.  I don't know if I can even afford
          to feed my wife much less buy armor.  I'm sorry.  If
          things were better I'd consider it.  You are obviously
          a rich group with your shiny weapons and armor.  I'll
          never be that rich."

        [Jef's eyes dart to the floor in shame.]

        Xian [In Marentian] "If the group has learned one thing
          its that we are here to help others.  if the party
          as a whole doesn't want to donate some of the L'p'nth
          coins to Jef then I'll give him my share.   Who is
          with me?"

        Farseeker: "Fine with me."
        Kasha: "Sure.  How much."
        Thig: "To lose family is hard to repay in coin but to
          repay in some compensation is better in the eyes of
          the gods."
        Trembyl: "Yes."

        Xian: "Since he isn't from a city or large town I'd say
          he doesn't make much money.  Based on talk I've had
          with Z'leyra and Ben'dar on tanning I'd say he might
          earn little.  But by my estimate I think 8 gold coins
          should help him out and likely be a year's wage for him?"

        Trembyl: "Anyone disagree with this idea?"

        GM: If no disagreements will knock 8 gold off and allow
         it to go to the old man.  Also chion said 1 day's food
         but it would take probably 4 days food. As his village
         is 3 days ride.  There's plenty of food and water for
         the castle and none would be missed by the party.  Also
         I need to know if its ok to give him a horse as a man
         in his '60s walking probably 60-70 miles on his own with
         no weapons might be kinda harsh :)  But up to you guys.

        [Another conversation held during the time taken to gather
         the loot up...]

        [Ben'dar and Z'leyra quietly talk about the Claw and how
         it could've been determined to be held by Z'leyra.  Thig
         having overheard it and having keen ears puts down a box
         of arrows he was gathering and walks over to interrupt.
         He puts the box down by Z'leyra's feet.]

        Thig: "That creature thing Ezam mentioned I've heard of before.
          They live exclusively in the Upper Realms.  I heard about
          them while home and overhearing some Alfar visitor talking
          about them.  They seem to live in a lava plain and move in
          the lava like we might water.  The interesting thing is they
          can detect magic its said at 30 miles away!  Likely in
          vague terms.  At three miles their senses are keen and can
          likely detect specific magic, items or powers.  He said
          at 300-500 feet they can detect and track specific magical
          items by their mana presence.  It seems each magical item
          like your dagger or shield has its own signature in the
          mana aura universe.  These creatures can detect that aura
          and track an item down.  Its said they can also eat mana
          like we do candy." [He looks down and nods] "I now know that
          to be truth as your boots were once magical.  Now they have
          no magic in them.  Didn't Xian say the creature bit down
          on your boots?  If that's the truth then these creatures
          are pretty powerful.  How Ezam got them or it down here and
          trained to find the Claw I have no idea.  Maybe that
          statue Ben'dar destroyed had something to do with it?  Oddly
          I didn't sense magic from the statue itself though."

         [He bends down and picks up the box then turns away and
         moves a few feet away.  He stops and then turns.]

        Thig: "Maybe that's how Ezam was trying to track down the
          Claw.  Sending his grave robbers out to the plains.  How
          far is it? A hundred or so miles?  Maybe the creature knew
          the general location but not its specific location?  That
          may solve that mystery.  But how Ezam or whoever sent him
          here knew of the Claw in the first place may be a bigger
          mystery of all."

        [He leaves the room.  Ben'dar and Z'leyra quietly look
         at each other...]

       GM: BTW no one had questions or comments on the first set
        of reports experience or such?  Cool. :)  Folks will
        have to ask for healing otherwise I'll assume natural
        healing.

       [Z'leyra wishes to remain another day to cast spells.  But
        the party gives their comments on this.]

       Farseeker: 'Staying another day only means possible trouble.
         For one thing we'd have to feed, house and guard the
         prisoners.  Seconds if there are reinforcements or patrols
         out there they will return.  if they detect any slight
         trouble they could bring more reinforcements.  While
         we explored this place we don't know if there are hidden
         entrances.  Let's not be naive here.  Any castle builder
         will always have a hidden secret passage somewhere.  We
         found one on Ezam's area with the stairs but it would
         take some more time to search every room for another
         secret exit to the place.  We could be attacked if that
         occurred.  If we take down the castle and leave today
         then chances are they won't want to enter and see what
         happened figuring the castle is lost."

       [Balrog, Kasha, Thig, Trembyl and Xian also agree that's
        its best to leave today before sunset.  Trembyl mentions
        that if there are more vampires here not detected it
        could be dangerous staying here.]

       GM: Z'leyra you know if your trying to just get the L'p'nth
         language there are easier ways.  Marentia would likely
         have someone who speaks it as 5% of the population seems
         to.  It might take a few days to find someone but that's
         always one alternative.  Just something to consider.
         It will mean you can't read L'p'nth documents just speak
         the language :)

       GM: I'll take comments on this.  But if majority wishes to
         leave today Z'leyra can always stay and travel back or
         ask Chion for Teleport services at his mana expense :)
         If Z'leyra wishes to change her mind I will move the
         party out of the castle.  Otherwise will have to wait
         till this is resolved.

       [At the conversation with the old Man Trembyl looks the man
        over as Balrog nudges him.]

       Balrog: "Couldn't he be a vampire creature too?"

       Trembyl: "Nope.  For one thing he is eating and I've heard
         folk tales they only drink blood not eat food.  Second
         I sprinkled garlic on the bread that I found in the
         kitchen." [He smiles.]

       Balrog: "Why would Ezam allow garlic in the castle risking
         him getting some?"

       Trembyl: 'Again.  he doesn't eat so likely doesn't care.
         But he probably trusted the cook or had the garlic
         guarded or something.  Who knows."

       [Treasure Claims - ]

         [Z'leyra wishes to take the horses and stable gear.  Since
          there are 12 horses that would likely take Chion 4-5
          full teleports on just the horses.  Riding the horses
          would entail riding through the mountains and hills occupied
          by L'p'nth towns and villages.  So encounters could result.
          Then going south the Ser'manda would have to be encountered
          to go north to Caladan's Ga'fel lands.  Since the party
          already took on one Ser'manda group (though influenced
          by the blue bugs into more hostile nature) it could be
          risky if that same group met the party again.  But
          those are slim odds I guess?]

         [Chion eyes the ruby necklace.  Too bad its not a Dark ruby
          and just a regular ruby. Chion doesn't know the true
          value but those with Jeweler skill estimate it to be at
          least 10-15 gold.  A nice piece of necklace.  It was found
          in one of the bedrooms and likely owned by one of the
          Priestess.  Chion wonders if it was A'gars.  That would
          be fitting.  He studies the ruby and wonders if it can
          be enhanced.  But not knowing jeweler skill he has no clue.
          Xian looks over Chion's shoulder while he looks at it.]

         GM: Do you put claim to the Ruby necklace?

         Xian: 'Nice!  If its not sold for party treasure it could
           make a girlfriend love you forever.  Cholan would kill
           for it with his girlfriend or Suresh.  The ruby is
           gorgeous and cut well it looks like.  The necklace itself
           isn't too fancy but the eye is drawn to the ruby.  I'm
           sure one could take the ruby out with some work by a
           good skilled Jeweler.  But to ruin the ensemble would
           be depressing.  The value of the whole piece would likely
           decrease by a few gold in that regard." [he whispers
           in a low voice] "Give that to Unali and she might think
           your wanting to marry her.  But she doesn't seem the
           marrying type." [He winks and leaves.]

      Vote:  Figure enough time to have votes come in...so
        Final votes are:

        1. Destroy Castle, Burn it? Leave it?  Other?

           GM:  9 Destroy Votes, 1 Destroy/Salvage, 1 Unknown
             So the majority clearly wants to destroy and
             ransack.  So that will be done.  Strie'bog hasn't
             voted as of yet.  Destroy it is.

        2. What to do with Old Man/prisoners?  Kill? Set Free? Other?

           GM:  Set Free - 7, Kill/Take back for justice - 1
             No vote - 3 [Strie'bog, Unali, Ben'dar]

             Since over half voted for setting free I guess majority
             has decided.  So unless there is an argument the
             Prisoners will be set free (those knocked out) but
             without horse, food, water or gear.  They will be
             on their own and should be helpful in telling the
             story about the castle being destroyed.  If they
             were to go to Marentia they'd be jailed likely and
             in the plains outright killed.  Many believe they
             were just doing their duty and had no overall evil
             intent like the priestess and Ezam.  Even Teed seems
             to be just a bodyguard with no real agenda.

          Trembyl: "Let them watch us destroy the place.  It will
            spread quickly the castle is gone and no hope for
            rescue or new operations here.  If they also learn
            Ezam died they surely won't return as someone who
            can take down a vampire likely utterly destroyed
            the castle making it avoidable."

          Kasha: "I don't like the idea of them being just jailed
            or killed outright since they were here for what
            they felt to be normal military duty.  I don't sense
            any evil from the guards nor even Teed.  If anything
            Teed was likely fascinated by Ezam to work for him and
            duped.  Now if we had Ezam or the priestess alive that
            would be a justice issue."

          Balrog: "Give 'em no food or water."

          Thig: "But in the winter it could be hard to find their
            way to a town or get food?"

          Kasha: "They'd have a better chance than on the plains
            where they'd be tortured and killed for fun."

          Thig: "True."

          GM: So set free with no gear and allow to spread the
            news of the castle's destruction.  is this okay
            or anyone disagree with the plan?

          GM: The old man should get more empathy thus can be
           given 3-4 days food/water and some camping gear
           with a horse.  Otherwise it would be likely the
           prisoner guards would take the old man and kill him.
           Will assume this to be okay as well unless there is
           a disagreement.

        [During a break when the treasure is sorted and gathered
         in the hours before leaving Unali is given the Magical
         Dagger by Z'leyra]

        GM: Gee, Z'leyra no name for Mr Dagger? :)

        [Unali approaches.]

        From Unali:
        [Unali will profoundly thank Z'leyra for the fantastic gift of
         the dagger and sheath. She will strap them on her belt and
         the dagger will be her prime weapon for now. "Z'leyra, thank
         you for this gift. I expect it will help me and all of this
         group in our coming adventures." and she bows from the waist
         to show respect.]

        [More Treasure Claims - ]

        [Unali selects -
           Katai Adventure Journal (Book)
           Water Skin, Full (Water)
           Map of Marentian
           Pink Ivory Dice
           Jewel - Nearly Flawless, Misted, Dark Ruby  12 SC
           1 Katai Blacksmithy Book  - 8 cc

        GM: These seem to be incidental items so will remove off
          the treasure report and give to Unali.  If someone
          else wanted these items please speak up for conflict
          resolution.

        GM: There was a question on these items:

          >3 Jewels (Teed)
          >   - Average Clarity, Flawless Ap, Garnet 4.5 SC
          >     Average Clarity, Slight Flaws Ap, Lapis Lazuli 1 SC
          >     Cloudy Cl, Min Flaws Ap, Jade worthless
       Wout:  Just a question about the size, as it is unlisted.

       GM: Looking at Teed's character sheet all 3 are small jewels.
         So small size.  He got them from a Special Event.
         Unali did you want them?

       GM: As to the magical items and their qualities those will
         have to come later when someone like Z'leyra can percept
         them.

       GM: All right.  Chion didn't come up with a specific plan
         so here's my proposal:

         Miscellaneous Gear  -  13 pounds
         Scrolls             -  52 pounds
         Books               - 106 pounds
         All Weapons         - 585 pounds
         Plate Armor         -  90 pounds
         Chainmail           - 500 pounds
         All Leather Armors  - 342 pounds
         All Other Armors    - 244 pounds
         All Money/Coins     - 585 pounds
                             2,437 pounds all loot

       GM: I propose

         Trip 1: Teleport back to Caladan's Village
          Take Back Kasha, Balrog, Ben'dar, Unali and Z'leyra

          Kasha holds Plate Armor
          Ben'dar carries crate of Miscellaneous Items
          Balrog takes share of books
          Unali takes share of books
          Z'leyra take share of books

          Kasha, Balrog, Ben'dar, Unali, Z'leyra stay in Camp.

         Trip 2: Chion returns to Fort

         Trip 3:  After Final destruction is completed.
           Take Farseeker, Trembyl, Thig, Xian back to Camp.

           Thig carries the scrolls
           Farseeker, Trembyl, Xian take share of Weapons in total
             150 pounds of all the weapons.

         Trip 4: Chion returns to Castle for remaining loot.

           With Chion gathering loot around him and crates
           and a tarp connecting all around him he takes the
           Chainmail, all leather armors, all other armors
           and the money back.

           Total weight carried: 1,672 pounds

         GM: Well the good news is it will take 4 trips for the
           above.  The bad news is Chion doesn't have the mana
           to do all 4 jumps today.  It would take over 100 mana
           to cast today.  Therefore it would require 2 days to
           gather up all the loot via teleport.  So if we go
           with this plan Trip 3 and 4 would be tomorrow.  That
           would mean those in trip 3 would remain behind or Chion
           could take everyone back.

         GM: Well this changes things.  It looks like it will take
           2 days to loot the castle and return it to Caladan's
           village.  It could be completely looted out by
           little after midnight when mana regenerates.  This
           would allow Z'leyra to possibly stay behind and ask
           Jef to stay and then cast Tongues.  Then free the
           prisoners tomorrow but the party can destroy the
           main entrance tomorrow for scaring the prisoners.  But
           tonight the party can sleep in the main entrance to
           ensure no one enters.  Course an alternative is to
           take half the loot above (trip 1/2) and return everyone
           to camp then get the rest later with no risk.  Chion
           what do you say?  4 jumps and 2 days?

                 ----------------------------------

         GM: BTW are these items to be taken?

    [1st Floor-]   -  Food, Water, Beverages, Miscellaneous supplies

    [2nd Floor-]   -
      Barracks 1/2 -  40+ Uniforms, 80+ Pieces of Clothing
                      40 pairs of boots, Dice, Games
      Catapult Area-  4 Catapults with 150 pieces of ammo
      Lounges      -  Drinking Mugs, Dice, Games, Cards
      Storage Rooms-  Many items of food, water, beverages

    [3rd Floor-]      Four Man tent compacted, 1 Uniform
                      Singer Tools, Clothing (18 sets), Fur Cloak
      Lounge       -  3 sets of Cards, More Dice
      Elite Lounge -  Dice, 10 Sets of Cards
      Library      -  Ceremonial Pike,

      GM: The above items aren't of great value.  But if you guys
        want to grab them let me know.

      Total estimated weight: 192 more pounds

      Catapults are probably 800-1000 pounds per.  Ammo probably
      another 300-400 pounds.

      This does NOT include food and drinks.  That could go another
      200-300 pounds depending on if you want to take everything
      which is likely enough to feet 100 people for 3-4 weeks.

      This does NOT include the 12 horses which by themselves
      are 960-1200 pounds teleport wise plus another 500-700
      pounds of horse gear (saddles, etc.)

      GM: So -

        1. Disagreements on Treasure Selection [Thig, Balrog, etc.]?
        2. Disagreements on letting Jef go with Horse, Food?
        3. Disagreements on releasing prisoner with no gear here?
        4. Conflicts with unali's treasure claims?
        5. Chion ok with trips? 4 jumps 2 days? or what ?
        6. The other gear (horses, etc.) take?

      Plus any other comments above.  Let me know.

      GM: Once I figure out the above I'll move the update into
        the next phase and move everyone over.  We will then
        do some clean up work and I'll throw out character sheets.
        The next update won't be long after the party gets back
        to the village assuming all goes well. :)  It may take
        me 1-2 weeks to work on all the character sheets as its
        a lot of work.  Once the party goes back to the village
        any treasure not specifically claimed can be later sold for
        party treasure shares.  I will discuss then a plan on how
        the treasure will get back to Marentia.  That will be
        later coming up.

      GM: Chion BTW the previous weapons and gear you stole from
        the castle.  Are you claiming that for you or for everyone
        in a share?  The treasure above was equally obtained but
        since you got that gear pretty much yourself wanted to
        make sure.

      GM: Two characters have now considered a overland trip.  So
        Here are some numbers to consider.  First the horses aren't
        of great quality.  They don't even appear to be combat
        mounts but more to riding mounts in the harsh mountain
        and badland terrain.  They seem to be Riding Horse III
        and IV quality not warhorses.  All 12 are in good shape
        but are made for endurance riding than combat and speed
        like Plains horses which are more combat and speed.

        * Trip going from Castle to Caladan's village overland.
            Roughly  15 miles through L'p'nth mountains
                     20 miles of L'p'nth hills
                    320 miles of Ser'manda controlled plains
                     80 miles of Ga'fel (Caladan's people) plains.
              Total 435 miles

        * Trip from castle to Maren city.  Maren is roughly 440
          miles west of castle if going in a straight line which
          would take a path deep in the mountains and badlands
          around S'p'nth.  But going on a path north then west
          along the northern hills which might be quicker and
          safer would take:
            Roughly 200 miles Hills North, then West
                    360 miles from northern (NE of Maren) road to maren
              Total 560 miles to Maren

        * Mounts go about 29 miles a day (let's round it to 30) for
          this exercise.  so it would take:
             Trip North to Plains: 14 odd days
             Trip West to Maren  : 18 odd days

        * Teleport: Chion could take 3-4 maybe 5 horses at one time
          via one big EL teleport (just the horses, no gear) to
          either site in ONE jump.  So would take 3-4 teleports
          just to take the horses to village or Maren.

        * Things to consider:
          Trip north: Enemy L'p'nth mountains, hills
                      Semi-hostile forces of Ser'manda tribe in plains
          Trip West : L'p'nth forces around the area

          Chion could in theory just do 5 large teleports in one
          day and carry over 1 ton with him.

          Overland trip would be subject to November like winter
          effects.

      Next update Friday....

     Admin notes:

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
        GM: Ack.  If you want to make him a contact he can supply
          you with a rough idea of his village probably within
          10 miles and I can make him a contact on your contact list.
          Still wanting to take all the wood and such?  That would
          take weeks to get the furniture out.  No gold studded
          or diamond studded beds so pretty normal mundane furniture.

        From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
        GM: Ack.  Nothing specific treasure wise you want eh? :)

        From Chion: [Re: Actions]
[...]

         ride.  Its deep in the mountians to the south-east of
[...]

         i need ot know if its ok to giv ehim a horse as a man
[...]

         we explored this place we don't knwo if there are hidden
         entrances.  Let's not be naive here.  Any castle builder
         will always have a hidden secret passage somewhere.  We
         found one on Ezam's area with the stairs but it would
         take some more time to search every room for another
         secret exit to the place.  We could be attacked if that
         occurred.  If we take down the castle and leave today
         then chances are they won't want to enter and see what
         happeened figuring the castle is lost."

[...]

          there are 10 hourses that would likely take Chion 4-5
          full teleports on just the horses.  Riding the horses
          would entail riding through the mountains and hills occupied
          by L'p'nth towns and villages.  So encounters could result.
          Then going south the Ser'manda would have to be encountered
          to go north to Caladan's Ga'fel lands.  Since the party
          already took on one Ser'manda group (though influrnced
          by the blue bugs into more hostile nature) it could be
          risky if that same group met the party again.  But
          those are slim odds I guess?]

         [Chion eyes the ruby necklace.  Too bad its not a Dark ruby
          and just a regular ruby. Chion doesn't know the true
          value but those with Jeweler skill estimate it to be at
          least 10-15 gold.  A nice piece of necklace.  It was found
          in one of the bedrooms and likely owned by one of the
          Priestess.  Chion wonders if it was A'gars.  That would
          be fitting.  He studies the ruby and wonders if it can
          be enhanced.  But not knowing jeweler skill he has no clue.
          Xian looks over Chion's shoulder while he looks at it.]

         GM: Do you put claim to the Ruby necklace?

         Xian: 'Nice!  If its not sold for party treasure it could
           make a girlfriend love you forever.  Cholan would kill
           for it with his girlfriend or Suresh.  The ruby is
           gorgeous and cut well it looks like.  The necklace iself
           isn't too fancy but the eye is drawn to the ruby.  I'm
           sure one could take the ruby out with some work by a
           good skilled Jeweler.  But to ruin the ensamble would
           be depressing.  The value of the whole piece would likely
           decrease by a few gold in that regard." [he whispers
           in a low voice] "Give that to Unali and she might think
           your wanting to marry her.  But she doesn't seem the
           marrying type." [He winks and leaves.]

      Vote:  Figure enough time to have votes come in...so
        Final votes are:

        1. Destroy Castle, Burn it? Leave it?  Other?

           GM:  9 Destroy Votes, 1 Destroy/Salvage, 1 Unknown
             So the majority clearly wants to destroy and
             ransack.  So that will be done.  Strie'bog hasn't
             voted as of yet.  Destroy it is.

        2. What to do with Old Man/prisoners?  Kill? Set Free? Other?

           GM:  Set Free - 7, Kill/Take back for justice - 1
             No vote - 3 [Strie'bog, Unali, Ben'dar]

             Since over half voted for setting free I guess majority
             has decided.  So unless there is an aregument the
             Prisoners will be set free (those knocked out) but
             without horse, food, water or gear.  They will be
             on their own and should be helpful in telling the
             story about the castle being destroyed.  If they
             were to go to Marentia they'd be jailed likely and
             in the plains outright killed.  Many believe they
             were just doing their duty and had no overall evil
             intent like the priestess and Ezam.  Even Teed seems
             to be just a bodyguard with no real agenda.

          Trembyl: "Let them watch us destroy the place.  It will
            spread quickly the castle is gone and no hope for
            rescue or new operations here.  If they also learn
            Ezam died they surely won't return as someone who
            can take down a vampire likely utterally destroyed
            the castle making it avoidable."

          Kasha: "I don't like the idea of them being just jailed
            or killed outright since they were here for what
            they felt to be normal military duty.  I don't sense
            any evil from the guards nor even Teed.  If anything
            Teed was likely fascinated by Ezam to work for him and
            duped.  Now if we had Ezam or the priestess alive that
            would be a justice issue."

          Balrog: "Give 'em no food or water."

          Thig: "But in the winter it could be hard to find their
            way to a town or get food?"

          Kasha: "They'd have a better chance than on the plains
            where they'd be tortured and killed for fun."

          Thig: "True."

          GM: So set free with no gear and allow to spread the
            news of the castle's destruction.  is this okay
            or anyone disagree wih the plan?

          GM: The old man should get more empathy thus can be
           given 3-4 days food/water and some camping gear
           with a horse.  Otherwise it would be likely the
           prisoner guards would take the old man and kill him.
           Will assume this to be okay as well unless there is
           a disagreement.

        [During a break when the treasure is sorted and gathered
         in the hours before leaving Unali is given the Magical
         Dagger by Z'leyra]

        GM: Gee, Z'leyra no name for Mr Dagger? :)

        [Unali appreoaches.]

        From Unali:
        [Unali will profoundly thank Z'leyra for the fantastic gift of
         the dagger and sheath. She will strap them on her belt and
         the dagger will be her prime weapon for now. "Z'leyra, thank
         you for this gift. I expect it will help me and all of this
         group in our coming adventures." and she bows from the waist
         to show respect.]

        [More Treasure Claims - ]

        [Unali selects -
           Katai Adventure Jorunal (Book)
           Water Skin, Full (Water)
           Map of Marentian
           Pink Ivory Dice
           Jewel - Nearly Flawless, Misted, Dark Ruby  12 SC
           1 Katai Blacksmithy Book  - 8 cc

        GM: These seem to be incidental items so will remove off
          the treasure report and give to Unali.  If someone
          else wanted these items please speak up for conflict
          resolution.

        GM: There was a question on these items:

          >3 Jewels (Teed)
          >   - Average Clarity, Flawless Ap, Garnet 4.5 SC
          >     Average Clarity, Slight Flaws Ap, Lapis Lazuli 1 SC
          >     Cloudy Cl, Min Flaws Ap, Jade worthless
       Wout:  Just a question about the size, as it is unlisted.

       GM: Looking at Teed's character sheet all 3 are small jeweels.
         So small size.  He got them from a Spevial Event.
         Unali did you want them?

       GM: As to the magical items and their qualities those will
         have to come later when someone like Z'leyra can percept
         theym.

       GM: All right.  Chion didn't ocme up with a specific plan
[...]

          day and carry over 1 ton with him.  So overland 2 weeks
          or more or teleport and be done in 2-3 days :)  But
          up to Chion in the end as its his mana.

      Next update Friday....

      Unfournately until I have a consenus on actions will have to
      wait to get going.