[pnpgm] Game update #44 - File #175 - The Tests continue...part 3

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Thu Oct 6 07:02:13 CEST 2005

  R3 Balrog................Balrog............Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Chris Wells...........Ben'dar...........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  R4 Tom Crockett..........Caladan...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  R1 Marcel Liberty........Chion.............Sailor..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Ryan Torres...........Farseeker.........Warrior.Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Sergi Sallent.........Jordi.............Wizard..Normal/Elf    Ma
  R4 Tim Falkenberg........Malradh ben Kasha.Merc....Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Wayne Richardson/Uji..Thig..............Sidh MU.Normal/Faerry Ma
  Do Robert Maxwell........Strie'bog.........Artist..Normal/Human  Ma
  R3 Orion (Paul Broman)...Trembyl...........Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W3 Wout Broere...........Unali.............Ninja...Normal/Human  Fe
  R3 Scott Adams...........Xian..............Wizard..Normal/Human  Ma
  W2 Alex Koponen..........Z'leyra...........Healer..Normal/Human  Fe
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's,
       Z'Leyra's Eagle, 2 Draft Horses, Wolf - Boyzdar
       6 Captured Zen'da Horses

     Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #44 in sequence (file #175]

     Admin notes: Hate email when they strip my pretty alignment
     of the updates.  Ugh!  For pretty viewing see the website.  For
     ugly viewing see the email.  Maybe one of these days I'll learn
     some key to push and keep the tabs in my e-mailer.

        From Ben'dar: [Re: Race Tactics]
          (ooc: Pretty exciting race.  It sounds like the horses are
           pretty evenly matched.)

          Ben'Dar won't try any dirty tricks.  Though, if the scimitar
          warrior comes after him again, Ben'Dar will veer Tef'wo into
          him and punch him off his horse or whip him if an opportunity
          arises.  (ooc: too bad Ben'Dar has no skill with the whip...
          guess I'll have to work on that!)

          Ben'Dar laughs as the wind whistles through his long black
          hair, flinging it out behind him wildly.

          Ben'Dar urges Tef'wo on and trusts in the horse's instinct
          as the race nears its most critical moment.

          (ooc: So...I guess no change in tactics really.  :-) )
        GM: Ack.  Yep.  No whip skill.  Balrog knows how to use it.
          If you want he could teach it to you.  As to the race I've
          come up with a house rule on how to handle it.  If I did
          it long hand descriptions would take much time and space
          so rounded it down to a few lines this way.   Same point
          gets across.  I used a similar system for a Stormbringer
          game I ran once.

                                ----------------------
        From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
          Note:  Jordi knew the poison had made its effect and is
          fully absorbed in his body; he expelled everything he had
          eaten & drunk in the village for a more emotional, visceral
          reaction than for a practical reason.  Also, the warrior
          will explain it in the tribe, and the intelligent ones will
          guess the reason.

          Jordi decides that it's important not only to complete the
          test,  but also to do it in an exemplar way.  So, when the
          woman appears, he begins to talk before the warrior that is
          watching him can say a word:

          "Good night -Jordi dismounts- my name is Jordi. Excuse me for
           disturbing you in the middle of the night. (OOC: If I remember
           correctly, that was the time when Jordi left the village, and
           only 25 minutes have elapsed.)  I'm an elf, and I live in a
           far place called the Wild Forest, in the west. (OOC: Jordi
           speaks a lot, just to calm the people in the tipi; someone
           who speaks a lot won't attack you).  May I ask for your
           hospitality? I'm sorry, I'm not fully aware of your laws
           or traditions, and I don't know if it's the correct way of
           asking for it".

           (OOC: In fact, I imagine Ben'dar and Caladan have explained
            some things about their people, and I imagine that the
            correct way of asking for hospitality is one of them).

           After being granted hospitality, Jordi will sit with the
           members of the family -I guess they are family-, and will
           explain some stories of his people, the kind of stories that
           Ben'dar found more interesting when Jordi explained them.
           And, of course, speaking about Ben'dar and Caladan, and his
           brave deeds, is mandatory.

           As the leading member of the family is old (for human
           standards), Jordi will proceed with caution, slowly; he
           knows old people of all cultures value taking his time for
           thinking and for knowing the person with which they are
           speaking.

           Of course, Jordi uses his innate empathic ability to discover
           what the leader of the family (and the rest of the family)
           thinks/feel.  He will only act when he feels they don't look
           him with hostility.

           Cetric said nothing about time, so he will use all the time
           he needs.

          (When Jordi feels the situation is favorable, he will begin
           with something like that):

          "I don't know a lot about your people or your way of life.
           For example, what is your most valuable possession? What do
           you value above the rest of your belongings?".

          After hearing the answer, Jordi will explain what the most
          valuable possessions of an elf are (usually), and will continue:

          "Is there any difference for your between possession and gift?"

          (OOC: Cetric asked to "obtain the most precious gift", not
          possession; perhaps a minor mistake, perhaps a trap; Jordi
          is very cautious with someone as Cetric...)

          If there is, Jordi will ask:
          "And what is then your most precious gift?"

          OOC: I will continue when I know what happens... Jordi is
          acting very slowly and very cautiously, because he thinks
          there is a hidden trap in the test...
        GM:  Ack on the poison.  i understand.   Good dialogue.  Enough
          to work with.  Thanks.  Good idea on the Empathic power.
          I'd have forgotten that.

     Octaqi 15, in the 163rd Year [TH]
       Location: River Sch (E) Riverbank, Zen'da Plains, 306 Miles
         North of Asichi City, Heading East from River

       [The tests continue...]

       [Farseeker - Fighting/Duel/Strength Test]

          [Z'leyra breaks through the crowd with a large satchel she
           grabbed from her horse.  She checks Farseeker over and
           finds hes seriously hurt.  On his back just below the
           armpit area and spanning almost the full backside is
           the slice the scimitar did.  its about half a inch deep
           so blood is all over his back and ground.  First thing
           is to stop that.  Then heal.  Several of the party help
           Z'leyra move him off A'zort and onto the ground.  Cetric
           watches with some interest as she works.  Farseeker is
           down to only 14% health.  Z'leyra pulls out herbs and
           bandages to set the wound and clot the bleeding.  She
           decides the wound is severe.  She grabs from her bag
           some materials including a white powdery substance.
           She asks for water in a mug or cup and she mixes the
           powder.  She forces the mixture into Farseeker's mouth
           while he is unconscious.  The liquid is drunk by pure
           reflex slowly.  Then she waits.  A minute passes and
           the back wound begins to close and heal.  The 8 inch
           cut goes down to only a 2 inch cut and stops.  The
           bleeding immediately stops.  With the healing done she
           bandages the small cut which is only a few centimeters
           under the skin not a half inch now.  She wraps the bandage
           around the chest and arm.  The chain mail is inspected
           by others and its also pretty damaged about 1/3rd of its
           protection is gone.  As she is finishing wrapping the last
           of the bandage Farseeker wakes up.  Z'leya is leaning over
           his cheat and arms around his side to grab the bandage.
           Farseeker smiles.]
          Farseeker: "Not now.  Theres a crowd.  Maybe tonight.
            Your tipi?"
          Caladan: "You ok?"
          Farseeker: "Yep.  Thanks to our healer.  My head is a
            bit achy.  What mountain fell on me?"
          [he looks over and sees the knocked out A'zort]
          Farseeker: "Oh yeah.  Hes going to have a worse headache
            and a nasty goose egg."
          [Farseeker sits up and shakes his limbs and head. Z'leyra
           checks him over for other problems and gives a minor
           muscle massage on the back and shoulder to lessen the
           tension.]
          Farseeker: "Yes.  Right there.  Ahh...feels good.  No
            no don't stop."
          [Z'leyra begins to place stuff back in her satchel.]
          Caladan: "He's ok." [He waves a hand at Farseker and
            stands for the crowd and Cetric.  Farseeker stands.]
          Farseeker: "Your warriors are good.  I underestimated them.
            They are trained good."
          Cetric: "You actually didn't fight A'zort."
          Caladan: "He still was the last to stand.  He wins under
            your condition."
          Cetric: "Fine." [He storms off.]

                --------------------------------------

       [Ben'dar - Riding Test]

          GM: Info -
            Rider #1 - Age 18, Scimitar/Sheath
            Rider #2 - Age 19, Weaponless/Talkative/Friendly with Ben'dar
            Rider #3 - Age 20, Knife in Boot
          [As the race continues several in the crowd begin to take
           bets or trades.  Many of the Zen'da offer chores or eggs
           or chickens, etc. if this one or that one wins.  Balrog
           argues with Farseeker over a bet as coin exchange hands.
           Kasha and Trembyl also murmur a quiet bet among themselves.]

          [121-130 seconds]
            Ben'dar jumps ahead in the leg again as the others fall
            behind.  Rider 3 loses his grip on the guide strap when
            rider 2 tries to shove him off the horse and so falls
            into 4th place.
          [131-140 seconds]
            Suddenly Rider 1 breaks through and surges past Tef'wo.
            As the other 3 surround Ben'dar rider 3 takes 2nd place
            as rider 2 and Ben'dar collide with each other side by
            side.  Rider 2 smiles at Ben'dar but in a friendly
            manner as the fun of the race continues.
          [141-150 seconds]
            Rider 1 continues in the lead with rider 3 and Ben'dar
            following.  Rider 2's horse begins to slow to 4th
            as a muscle twitches in his rear left leg.
          [151-160 seconds]
            Rider 3 falls behind as rider 2 slows to a trot to
            give the horse time to fix the pain.  This gives
            Ben'dar a chance to catch up to Rider 1 and take him
            by a few feet into first place.
          [161-170 seconds]
            Rider 1 catches up side by side with Ben'dar and tries
            to swing wildly his scimitar again but Tef'wo does
            a sudden body slam into the horse as Ben'dar pushes
            the rider to the left.  The swing goes wild and the
            rider is shoved off the horse!  Rider 1 impacts on
            the ground and rolls several feet as his scimitar goes
            flying.  His horse slows down and stops.  But in the
            confusion rider 3 takes 1st place with rider 2 right
            behind.
          [171-180 seconds]
            Rider 3 turns around to see what happened to Rider 1 and
            is kicked by Rider 2 which causes the horse to slow down
            and almost stop.  Ben'dar takes lead spot when this
            occurs.  Rider 1 rushes to his sword and re-mounts his horse.
          [181-190 seconds]
            Rider 1 maintains his speed but falls to 4th place almost
            30 yards behind the others.  Rider 2 slows down to 3rd
            place.  Ben'dar and Rider 3 equal up.  The rider smirks
            at Ben'dar and grabs his knife.  He leans forward and
            swings at Tef'wo but misses.  No.  He was aiming for the
            guide strap not Tef'wo.
          [191-200 seconds]
            This startles Ben'dar and Rider 3 takes the chance and
            takes 1st place with a good guiding of the horse.  Ben'dar
            in 2nd, rider 3 finally catches up and passes rider 2
            who still seems to be hurting (horse).
          [201-210 seconds]
            Amazingly Rider 1 catches up to Ben'dar and tries to
            collide but Ben'dar avoids the horse blows.  Rider 2
            finally no longer in pain it seems surges forward into
            1st place with rider 3 taking 4th place.
          [211-220 seconds]
            Rider 2's speed continues faster and he takes first place
            as he stands up giving a yelp of joy.  Rider 1 and 3
            equal up and block Tef'wo forcing Ben'dar into 4th place.
          [221-230 seconds]
            Rider 1 takes first place as his horse surges forward
            jumping over a small bush.  Ben'dar slips behind into
            2nd place quickly with rider 1 in 3rd and rider 3 in
            last place.
         [231-240 seconds]
            The riders are now so close the man, the goal, is seen
            standing still.  The necklace is clear and is around
            his neck.  Ben'dar wonders how he can get it off without
            fully stopping.  Ben'dar thought the man was going to
            hold the necklace out to be taken.  Rider 2 lags behind
            into 4th place.  But Rider 1 surges past everyone and
            takes 1st place.  Then Rider 3 and finally ben'dar.
            Rider 1 has about 8 feet ahead of the others.  The
            man nods seeing Rider 1 come forward and pulls off
            the necklace and holds it up.  Rider 1 grabs it and
            rounds the man....

         GM: the crowd roars in cheers.  Now its a race back to
           the village.  its one thing to get the necklace its
           another to keep it!  The other 3 horses round the man
           and give chase after rider 1.  Ben'dar any change of
           tactics now?

                --------------------------------------

       [Z'leyra - Shaman Tests]

         GM: Z'leyra has completed part 1.  Part 2 just ended.

         Cetric: "One final part.  You are a shaman by your own
           words.  But in these lands.  in the great lands of
           the Zen'da, no female would be a shaman.  Your people,
           whatever tribe they belong to must be weak to give
           women that position.  Justify to me why you should be
           a shaman?"

         Z'leyra answers "People don't force the spirit's choice in
            whom to talk to. Spirits choose who they will talk with,
            who they will help. While a tribe may choose which gender
            to listen to and honor of those that talk with spirits,
            the tribe cannot force the spirit's choice as to who to
            talk with. The spirits, of course, will want to talk with
            those that the tribe will listen to and respect the wisdom
            of. If a particular tribe refuses to listen to one gender,
            then spirits are likely to choose a shaman of the other
            gender so that their words are honored, not ignored."

            "Some tribes balance the gender roles by having the men be
             warriors and allowing only women as shaman, other tribes
             allow any of either gender to be warrior or shaman, even
             being both. The Zen'da evidently prefer to have only males
             be the ones to deal with and speak for spirits in their
             tribe."

            "That is the choice of the Zen'da, but the choice of the
             Zen'da does not tell the spirits what to do, nor does it
             tell other tribes how to deal with the spirits. The tribe
             I was born into, the Kameri, have a warrior's lodge for
             men and a lodge for those that deal with the spirits.
             This other lodge allows only women. If you had been born
             into the Kameri you would have been a warrior, and
             honored as a warrior. You would not have been a shaman."

         [Upon mention of the Kameri several in the crowd whisper
          words like "Kameri" "Ancient Moon" among others.  The
          Zen'da know the Kameri though not as good as the western
          tribes do.  Cetric listens without emotion or expression.
          He ponders the answer when she finishes for about 2 minutes
          then speaks.]
         Cetric: "You passed the first part.  I'm satisfied on the
           shaman answer you just gave.  the Kameri are a good people.
           We even got a few of their blades...good blades in trade
           over the years with other tribes.  But on the second
           part.  As to who to heal.  The man or the horse." [He
           walks to both] "The man led the horse.  this would indicate
           it was his horse or a prized friend or more.  Maybe you
           didn't notice that.  You may not realize but we respect
           Life.  The old man is near Death.  Maybe only a few more
           moons..a couple seasons. I've seen his disease before.  It
           doesn't take long to end life.  It eats the brain.  But
           the horse can be easily fixed with some good skill and
           spirit chanting.  You should realize horses are highly
           prized here on the plains.  Some warriors would rather
           die than let their life long friends..their horses fall
           into enemy hands or die.  Just like civilized folks might
           do for their pets.  While it may seem harsh to you.  The
           man is beyond help.  He knows this and so does his family.
           So the proper choice should've been the horse."
         [This causes some murmurs in the crowd and astonished looks
          among those in the party.]
         Caladan: "She said she would heal both and could do it.
           The test is unfair.  A healer can't be asked to choose
           between two lives. Not-"
         Cetric: "A healer knows when to cut and when to save a
           limb.  A healer knows dead tissue can't be touched
           while wounded tissue can.  No.  She has failed that
           part of the test. She-"
         Caladan: "It was a trick question you made up!  If she
           choose the horse you'd have said the man.  No one
           knew your answer but you." [He looks to the crowd] "Who
           here would heal the horse?" [Many in the crowd nod] "Who
           would heal the man?" [Many more, especially the females
           nod for the man] "You see? The people are with Z'leyra."
         Cetric: "My decision is --"
         [During this exchange Caladan's father watches closely.
          He then steps forward.  The chief's motion quiets the
          crowd so they listen.]
         Gib'borah: "There is no right or wrong answer.  You said
           that yourself Cetric.  Your beliefs are not hers.  What
           say you elders?"
         [Six of the nearby elders of the tribe close in ranks and
          whisper to themselves for a couple minutes.  Then one
          turns and speaks.]
        Elder: "If she can heal both then she should do so.  That
          is the true test.  Not a choice of one.  She passes the
          test."
        [Cetric turns to the elders.  Then to Caladan.  Then Gib'borah
         and then sneers at Caladan for interfering.  Then at Z'leyra.]
        Cetric: "You will never be my equal.  But as the elder says
          the true test is in your skills.." [he waves a hand at the
          horse and man standing.]
        GM: This is done after Farseeker's test.

                --------------------------------------

       [Jordi - Trading test]

         [Jordi eyes the two over.  The elderly gentleman must
          be in his mid-60s and seems in good shape.  The female
          is a bit portly in some regards but short in here 50s.
          Upon asking for hospitality the two look over at the
          warrior standing by a bit cautiously.  The warrior nods
          only as if its ok.  The female still looks a bit confused
          but the man smiles.]
        Man: "Yes.  Please enter..  Guests are always welcome in
          peace."
        [The female enters the Tipi first.  Followed by Jordi
         the man and the warrior.  As jordi enters he sees first
         time the inside of a Zen'da tipi.  From the outside it
         seems so small but its quite large inside.  On the Ground
         is a cloth.  Jordi notices this and cleans his feet at the
         flap before entering so not to track dirt.  This gives him
         a chance to look it over.  In the center a small fire pit
         in the ground is lit with a small fire just enough to keep
         the tipi warm as the night cools down.  Above the top opening
         is a foot or two wide for the smoke.  Hanging from the poles
         on a  string is a candle open lantern with 2 candles to lit up
         the Tipi.  Around the fire are various bits of clothing,
         tools for typical daily life (utensils, pans, blade, etc.),
         bags of stuff which Jordi can't tell what's inside and blankets
         and a few pillows.  the pillows look to be no more than sacks
         with probably some animal feathers sewn inside.

         Inside the other people is a single female in her late teens
         or maybe 20-21.  Its hard for Jordi to tell human age at times.
         Then again she could be as young as 16? ]
        Man: "Sit.  I am Enoz this is my wife Rohm.  This is my
          grand-daughter Jolcz.  The others that live with us are
          on a hunting trip.  How man I help you?"
        [Jordi spends some time explaining he is an Elf.  Who is
         is and about Ben'dar/Caladan.  On mention of Caladan
         they smile.]
        Rohm: "Yes. Caladan a good boy.  He used to play with
           Jolcz in fact as kids."
        [Jordi continues and studies the three....no the four
         Zen'da. The warrior is also studied.  But he remains
         unemotional during it sitting with arms crossed on his
         chest staring at Jordi.  A good 15 minutes pass before
         Jordi finally gets to the jist of the matter.  By
         now Jordi is using his empathic power to study the three.
         From the two elderly Jordi learns they are confused,
         happy, surprised as the talk progresses in that order.
         From Jolcz is only confusion at this weird matter.  From
         the warrior is the hardest to read.  To Jordi this is
         confusing.  Then again warriors tend to be the hardest to
         read.  They tend to be scared or show bravado.  Most warriors
         learn to hide emotions to show weakness.  Maybe this is the
         case with the warrior.  Jordi then asks about possessions
         and value.]
        Enoz: "Life is valuable.  Young man.  Beyond what the spirits
          give us nothing else matters does it?  But while we live
          and toll on this plane we must work.  We gain items and
          family.  Our value and wealth increases.  We have no value
          for coins as those to the south do.  We only value what we
          need at any one time."
        Jordi: "Is there any difference for you between possession
          and gift?"
        Enoz: "I don't understand the question.  A possession is
          a thing you keep.  A gift is a thing you give to someone."
        Jordi: "And what is then your most precious gift?"
        [At this Jordi picks up a frightened scene from all 3.  Maybe
         this strange person is here to do them harm or take them?
         Rohm touches the hand of Enoz and she turns to the side to
         grab a bag and places it in her lap.  Maybe there is a
         weapon inside?]
        Enoz: 'Why do you ask young man?"
        [Jordi glances with his side vision at the Warrior now
         finally showing a smile and a sign of smugness.  Jordi
         knows the test is on.]
        GM: Reactions?

                --------------------------------------

       [Strie'bog - Pit Test]

          [By the time of this test the sun is low on the
           horizon and so the pit is full of shadows that shift
           as the sun sinks in the west.  An hour only in the
           pit how easy?  Is this some test of entertainment.
           Maybe this is where the tribe gathers for ritual dances?
           Strie'bog makes his way into the pit with Boyzdar.
           Since Thig has left for his quest earlier he asked for
           Strie'bog to watch them.  So Ventrius & Pogo jump into
           the pit with the Strie'bog.  Strie'bog stokes the fire.
           He gathers his instruments as the canines sit around
           the warm fire.  Strie'bog gives a short story to the
           audience at the top of the pit.  He notices that Zen'da
           now surround the pit.  Strie'bog isn't sure that's a good
           thing or bad thing.  But none seem to be purely warriors
           and no obvious show of weapons.  He looks for fruit to
           be thrown at him and nothing there too.  :)

           Strie'bog gathers up a instrument and begins to play it
           as he walks around the fire.  As he is singing and
           playing the time passes.  Its about 45 minutes since he
           has entered. This is much easier than he thought.  The
           audience seems to like it as well with the females and
           children smiling.  The stern warriors show little emotion.
           Strie'bog notices a odd smell and looks at the fire.  The
           smoke seems to be heavy.  The log he just placed on it
           is cracked in two and engulfed in flames.  He continues
           to sing and dance.  Another 5 minutes pass.  As Strie'bog
           leans to get some water from his cantine he notices the
           smell again and eyes the smoke. This time he notices its
           greenish color.  That's odd.  Green smoke?  Then he hears
           growling.  He looks at his wolf and notices the Wolf is
           now on all fours and growling.  but not at anything in
           particular.  He is growling at Strie'bog.  Then he turns
           and notices the other 2 dogs are doing the same thing.
           Strie'bog puts down the cantine and looks down at his
           gear.  Then Pogo steps forward 3 steps toward Strie'bog
           and barks.  This isn't good.  What is happening.  Then
           Trembyl yells down.]
          Trembyl: "Its that smoke.  They seem to have turned the
            dogs into wild creatures. You --"
          [Cetric has a warrior stop him from speaking.  Best not
           to give the testee any clues?  Cetric looks at Strie'bog.
           So this was true test?  And only a few minutes to go.]
          GM: Actions? :)

                --------------------------------------

       [Chion - Duel Challenge]

         [As the warrior grabs his weapon.  Chion steps forward
          and speaks.]
         GM: From Chion himself..
         Chion: "I was not upon the plains alone at all on any day
           that I am aware of. However, due to my abilities, I cannot
           rule out the possibility that this has occurred as he has
           stated. Rest assured, if I knocked you to the ground as
           you claim, you deserved it. If, on the off chance,
           however, it was not me I shall attempt to spare your
           life. If I did it once, I must have had a reason. Be
           it known that he is free to kill me if he can. I fear no
           man nor beast in combat. What are my options?" He'll pause,
           to see if he can wear his armor, or take a shield, or both.
           He'll add, "Cetric, I'll be ready for your test afterwards."
           then grins.

           If allowed to wear armor, he'll don his chain and get a
           shield. If not, dual sai it is. Either way, he is not
           overly concerned. For the most part he's just going to
           slap the guy in the head once/twice with a sai and try
           to KO him.
         GM: Shield is fine. Zen'da use shields.  They rarely use
           armor.  but Cetric doesn't care.  A challenge like this
           has no limits.  Chion slowly dons his Chainmail.  He
           knows doing it slowly psyches the young warrior.  Showing
           confidence or disdain.  Chion asks to borrow a buckler
           and is given one.  A small wooden one.  He left his metal
           shield at home.  He turns and nods at the warrior he is
           ready to begin.
         Turn 1: Phase 1
           [Chion waves his buckler around in a circle.  Best to
            give the young man a first move.  Plus it allows Chion
            to read him better in his first combat attack.]
           [The young man takes no time and charges.  He swings his
            scimitar.
         Turn 1: Phase 2
           [Wow.  The roll is -1.  He uses the scimitar in a under
            cut and gets under the arm.  The blade penetrates the
            armor tearing a hole and impaling Chion in the chest
            for 19 points of damage!  The young man smiles in
            triumph.  But chion is just shocked.]
           [Chion looks down at the damage.  His armor is also
            damaged.  Not good.  This young man got a lucky shot.
            He swings his sai straight for the head to knock
            the person out.  He impacts squarely and hits the
            temple.  The blow does what it was intended and the
            man goes flying to the ground knocked out.]
           Gm: 8 point 80% chance there. :)

         [Chion walks to the person and thinks he should do more
          than this.  But Caladan speaks up.]
         Caladan: "He's rash.  He'll learn.  He got a lucky strike.
           Its your choice.  If you kill him no one will say a word.
           But again its your choice."
         Chion: "OH. Now I remember you!" And then look and smile
           at Cetric. :)  [From Chion.]
         Cetric: "Mercy.  A trait warriors are said not to have.
           But Mercy allows a fight another day.  Loran has lost.
           You won.  But in the process you are hurt.  A lesson
           for next time.  A test you have completed.  One of
           mercy and a typical Zen'da challenge.  I'm satisfied."
         GM: Was going to do a real complicated test involving this
           indian legend i knew.  A tree.  Fruit.  Blah Blah Blah.
           But it got so convuluted and complicated and time consuming
           to do I figured this worked as well :).

               --------------------------------------

       [Thig - Tracking Test]

          GM: Will do likely next week.  Its the longest test so
            needs to be done potentionally last.

                --------------------------------------

       [Balrog - Horse Drag Test]

         GM: Unali as per last update do you allow a good luck
           kiss for Balrog?

     Actions?  Comments?
     Next update Monday...

       Player           Test
     Xian             Test Completed, Successfully
     Trembyl          Test Completed, Successfully
     Farseeker        Test Completed, Successfully
     Unali            Test Completed, Successfully
     Kasha            Test Completed, Successfully
     Chion            Test Completed, Successfully
     Z'leyra          Test Completed, Successfully [with deliberation]
     Ben'dar          Halfway over...
     Balrog           About to start, waiting on Unali's answer
     Thig             About to start, long test
     Jordi            Has started, waiting on actions
     Strie'bog        Has started, waiting on actions
     Balrog           Waiting on answer from Unali
     Caladan          Not given one yet

     Tests -
       Completed   - 7
       In progress - 3
       Waiting     - 4

       Half tests are completed.

     Actions or comments?

     Consider this the Friday update for this week.  So this gives
     you till Monday [5 days] to work up answers or comments.

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933