[pnpgm] Watch

Alex Koponen akoponen at mosquitonet.com
Sat Mar 19 06:44:11 CET 2005

Z'leyra replies "I've set a few wards, but they are weak. Getting back
to rotating watches would be good. Sets good habits. I've a spell that
keeps me from being surprised while I am sleeping. I need some more
practice with it though. Perhaps I can cast the basic one hour version
on any of you that want it, at least on those days I am using magic.
Right now I am alternating days of using magic and days of resting from
magic use so I can recover my magic more swiftly. Today is one of the
days of rest."

    "You are all welcome to leave whatever you wish at my manor. I've a
few servants and a couple of guards to watch my manor while I am gone.
Hopefully that will suffice to keep anything you leave at the manor
safe. But I cannot guarantee it. My practice of healing folks with both
skill and magic may have attracted the attention of thieves of
sufficient skill to circumvent the protections. Though if anything is
taken I do have spells that should allow me to track anything I am
familiar with."

    "When we get to Maren I will buy a cavalry horse and perhaps a
packhorse for us to put extra gear and supplies on. That way we won't be
restricted to the roads like we would with a wagon, yet will still be
able to carry extra stuff."