[pnpgm] Comments from Ben'Dar

Chris & Karen Wells ckwells at comcast.net
Sat Mar 19 03:49:44 CET 2005

Comments to the Group:

Ben'Dar mentions to the group, "Feel free to leave whatever gear or coin that you don't want to take with you at my ranch in Maren.  My steward is an honorable man who will make sure that anything you leave there stays safe while we're gone."

Comments to Z'leyra:

When Z'leyra mentions the attacks on her by the Jinn, Ben'Dar's ruddy complexion darkens and his eyes glint with anger.  "Know that you do not stand alone in this fight, Z'leyra!  I will help you hunt down that fiend."

As Z'leyra continues, Ben'Dar shakes his head.  "I don't think leaving now, in the face of this intimidation, is a wise move.  Know that I do not doubt your honor or courage, but to others who do not know and respect you as I do, you could be sending the wrong signal.  A signal that you are giving up and leaving.  It could serve to demoralize those who would help you in this endeavor financially and otherwise.  But... perhaps that is a risk that must be taken, as our friend Caladan's need for our help is urgent."

Brow furrowed, Ben'Dar considers a moment, then continues, "When we return, I would advise against waiting for another attack...instead let us lay an ambush and lure the Jinn in.  Fight him on our own terms!"  Ben'Dar stands, smashing his fist into the table for emphasis, "He cannot stand against all of us!"

Comments to Chion:

"Sure Chion, Balrog and I can give you some instruction on horsemanship during this adventure."  Then, grinning, he adds with a sidelong wink to Balrog, "Just a word of warning...if you've never ridden before, you're going to be really, really sore for the first couple of days on the trail.  You may want to bring an extra blanket to pad your saddle until you've broken it in."

Other:

Ben'Dar will stay at Z'leyra's manor tonight, taking his old bunk from his short guard-duty time there.  Speaking of guard-duty....since there is a threat to Z'leyra while in town, posting a watch this night might not be a bad idea.  Ben'Dar says, "Z'leyra, we are staying in your home and I defer to you in this matter....  But, until the Jinn has been discovered and dealt with, do you think we should post a watch this night?  If so, I will stand the first watch."