[pnpgm] Strie'bog's response

Robert A. Maxwell rmax at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 11 18:54:26 CEST 2005

I'm sorry.  I thought I sent this out to the group, but I messed up on the address to the list.

[Speaking in Elf Sidh]
To Thig:  "I do not mean to be suspicious, but I have learned to be wary.  There
are many lessons that I must learn, but I have seen on the faces of those I have
met that my appearance causes concern to them."

[Speaking in accented Zen'dali]
In answer to various questions:

In answer to Caladan:  "I come from the forests north of the Zen’dali plains.  My
people have traded with the tribes of the plains for years.  It is from them that
I have learned your language. "

In answer to Farseeker: "I am a musician, in service to the Court of Cernunous.
I perform to earn my way, and to learn.  Already I have learned much, but I am sure
that with this company I shall find what I am seeking"

In answer to Kasha: "It is called a balalaika.  I have not seen another since leaving
the sacred forests of the Vassa.  It has brought me great luck, for people are curious
about what they have not seen or heard before, and that curiosity has helped me
pay my way on my travels."

In answer to Balrog: "Early in my travels, I realized that my appearance confused
those that I met.  In some cases they seemed frightened.  So I decided to conceal
myself, letting my music and stories speak for me.  Thig has reminded me that I
should not let my concern break the trust you have extended in allowing me to accompany
you."  At this point, Strie'bog pulls down the hood.  Still young, Strie'bog has
skin as pale pearl, a thin brown beard and mustache highlights the high cheekbones
and strong angles of his face.  This brown hair is cut short, easily allowing his
slightly pointed ears to be seen.  He is a gorgeous young man, the features giving
him an exotic, almost alien appearance, but it his eyes that seem to draw the viewers
attention.  Their wide and expressive almond shape expose a mesmerizing ring of
bright green around his pupil, melded with a starburst patterned to a second ring
of shimmering silver.  If the eyes are the window to the soul, these eyes reveal
an abundance of life, and a place of peace and serenity.  You can easily image people
not wanting to look away from his eyes, and fearing them for some witchery.

To Trembyl:  Looking down, and with a note of sadness, "I have learned that there
is danger even in the safest havens.  I will take your advice, for I have never
been truly tested in battle.  It has been years since the Humagi last attacked the
great forest, and I was too young the last time they attacked." There is a definite
note of sadness to the last statement.

To Xian:  "I also hope to get to know you.  It is said that each new road can lead
one to their destiny if they have courage to accept it.  Maybe the road open before
me will bring me closer to what I seek.  You do not have to wait until Chlochara
to hear me play, for I will be more than happy to lighten the rigors of travel with
a song."