[pnpgm] Game update #314 - File #516 - Two weeks sailing..

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Sat Nov 27 05:21:38 CET 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Dead  /Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Chris Wells           Ben'dar           Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen           akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Chris Wells            ckwells at comcast.net

     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or
<http://www.powersandperils.org/>www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #314  in sequence (file #516)

     Admin notes: My delay this time.  With the holidays and such.
     I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving for those in America.
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

     From Jordi/Sergi: [Re: Actions]
       OOC: Enlist me for the next game, please!!!

       Jordi listens Varange's offer.  He is quite tempted to separate
       Varange's head from the rest of his body with his sword, but for
       the first (or, perhaps second) time in his life he resists the
       urge to do so, and answers Varange offer in Faerry (he will later
       translate it to the party), taking special care in almost yell it,
       so the rest of the faerrys in Lord Marshall Varange group will
       listen it (they were asking Jordi where was Varange in the previous
       post, so I imagine that there is no need to yell): "Thank you, I
       have to return with the humans. One of them needs to be healed,
       and I think I'm the only one with the needed spell to do it.
       Their trip will be dangerous, and perhaps they will need my help.

       Just a minor advice, My Lord Marshall Varange:
       Remember that there are two faerry and three elfs in our group; and
       remember that your own pleople know that you entered the cave only
       when the combat was ended, and you were easily taken away by a
       creature that doesn't killed you just because it elected not to do so.

       So, if you try to get the credit for the clearing of the mountain,
       the truth will be known, sooner or later, between your people.  And,
       My Lord Marshall Varange, be cautious: hiding information to your
       superiors is dangerous. And we won't forget that you threatened to
       use force to take what you wanted from our booty; this is something
       we will never forget."

       (OOC: Jordi knows Varange will interrupt him/taunt him/insult him.
       He will try not to attract Varange's attention to his face using an
       actor's trick, then kick Varange's groin with his knee [being Jordi
       taller than  Varange, this should be easy] and then cut his head
       while Varange is... well, incapacitated, because he is slowly
       learning to control his impulses... but the temptation exists...
       and it's strong. I believe we have a "love at first sight" relation
       here...)
     GM:  Ok.  your in the next game.  Just send the unmarked $100
       bills to the address in the email. :) As to Varange -

       [Varange listens and scowls.  He walks closer to Jordi and
        gets in his face only inches away.]
       Varange: "You dare speak to me this way?  I see that being with
         these humans has corrupted you.  I'm glad you don't take
         my offer.  You would taint the ship with your odor o human
         on your being.  I won't forget this day any time soon.  Maybe
         we shall meet again and then things may be settled one way
         or another."

       Farseeker: "Now now.  We did wake up wrong today didn't we?"
       Varange: "I respect you as a good warrior.  But this one is
         trouble." [he points to Jordi] "I will leave you to your
         return trip.  I know it will not be a fun trip.  Enjoy"
         [he cackles and then takes to the air with his group and
          soon is out of sight.]

       Neva: "What did that mean?"
       Farseeker: "A two week trip through Climan and Thaliban waters
         is not a fun trip.  He just knows it won't be a easy one.
         His ego is too big for his head and he has most of it
         in a large cave that once had 30 giants in it."
       Neva: "For real?"
       Sava: "No.  That was a joke" [Farseeker nods]

     From Jordi/Sergi: [Re: Varo's words]
       Jordi turns his attention to Neva when she tells him that she will
       eventually tell him what Varo said to her privately: "No need to
       explain me what Varo told you, unless you want to tell me what she
       said.  I am curious about it, but I respect your privacity.  You
       will be my wife, not my slave."
     GM: (She nods)

     From Jordi: [Re: Departure of Suresh]
       Jordi hugs Suresh:
       "I wish you good luck with the girl and with the return trip.  We
        careful.  I wish I could do something to help you.  Do you have
        enough clyman coinage? Do you have enough coinage of the countries
        you will visit in your trip back to Marentia?"  Jordi is very
        worried about Suresh.
     GM: Suresh: "We have a pre-arranged exit trip.  And several backups.
          I will be fine.  Yes.  I have enough coins.  Thank you."

     From Unali: [Re: After Z'leyra seeks out Bodyguards]
        On the ship, Unali will be noncommitant, stating that she has
        a duty to Aren first.

        "I was hired to preserve his life during this trip, and I intend
         to see that he gets back well. Even if we feel that the battle
         is over, he is still a fugitive in Maren until he can clear his
         name. Only once his name is cleared and he is fully reinstated
         as a duke, I can consider any other position."
     GM: Posted in case Alex didn't get it.  Don't forget Aren did release
       you from this when Marta was found.  But that's cool. :)

     ---------------------------Update------------------------------

      [Gee Whiz Stats]

      In case you've not looked at the final copy of the Cave map
      the stats at the bottom here they are.

      The party encountered *232* people in the mountain.  This
      does not include 30 gargoyles fought.  Various sets of
      kills, prisoners and knocked out (for specifics see the
      file on the website).  This includes 3 priestess and 3
      bodyguards.  I can't find my stats on the prison but I figure
      that had 50-75 more.  So 50 vs 300 not bad.

      The Warship C which was taken down from the sky had 35 on board
      including 1 priestess, 1 bodyguard and a dozen gargoyles.  Only
      2 survived the fall and were taken prisoner.  Congratulations.
      I know this was a tough go.  In my regards its a medium level
      adventure.

      [Two Week Voyage begins]

      Below is a summary or full details on what each person does
      during the voyage.  I will handle NPCs first then PCs.  At
      this point all 2 week actions are locked in and final.  I gave
      3 weeks for it and got plenty of actions from everyone.  If you
      wish to do more you can wait for the 3 month stint.

      Duke Aren Solest -

        At first he doesn't help with ship duties.  Then finds folks
        looking at him as if he is getting back into his Noble stance.
        So he gets down an dirty and helps out.  This gets some amusement
        from many but in the ned he becomes more respected.  Quietly
        he plans the return home and how to deal with the situation.

      Balrog -

        He doesn't like sailing much being a land lover.  He sticks to
        the underdecks.  When he is on deck he will help out mildly
        with ship operations but not greatly.  On deck he practices
        every day his Whip skill.  Trying to knock down things off
        boxes at a great distance away.  By one week he gains a new
        level in the whip skill.  During the night, he cleans and
        examines the locksmith tool kit he acquired in the mountain.
        Finds them to be slightly different design.  He cleans them
        and mixes into his final bag of locksmith tools. There is
        some discussion quietly that balrog is too keen with such
        tools and with his other skills some think he is a thief
        rather than a warrior.

      Caladan -

        During the day he learsn the way of the seaman and gains that
        all important skill for fighting on a ship.  During off periods
        he will play with his firesnake and tease Tiki, Cholan's pet.
        He also examines his gear and makes sure everything is in order
        for landfall.  During the off periods or night he trains Ben'dar
        in the Marentian language with help from Jordi and Z'leyra.

      Cholan -

        Cholan remains in his deep sleep trance below decks.  His
        arms and legs are secured by ropes so he does not shift.
        Bags of ballast are used to hold his body in place during
        the swaying of the ship.  During this trance by Caladan he
        does not get worse in his injury and remains in a state o
        suspended animation.  The spell will last 2 weeks which
        is exactly the time it takes.  At that point he will have
        to be rushed to a healer.  One that is skilled in a high
        Regeneration EL to be of any use.  His pet, Tikil, roams
        the ship but is kept from the cargo hold by the door so
        Cholan is not disturbed.  Unfournately this causes him to
        be mischievous and often time packs, backpacks and bags
        of gear are sometimes thrown about by his curious nature.
        Nothing is really damaged unless its a hidden apple or
        piece of cheese.  Then its gone.  He is scolded several times
        but not much you can do.

      Damon -

        being the most dedicated and skilled Sailor likely in the group
        Damon takes up the main duties as Sea Leader or Captain.  It
        becomes clear on the ship he rules.  Those who do not heed
        his commands or warnings suffer the consquences.  Several times
        ropes, pins and the rigging have caused injuries when folks do
        not move out of the way or perform the action wrongly.  Minor
        injuries that heal or are helped by Z'leyra.  But it soon is
        clear his word could mean survival for the ship.  From his
        experience.  He trains many in the party in th eways of being
        a seaman and ship operations.  He trains them how to stand
        and fight on a swaying deck.  When he is not working the
        ship, navigating the ship or training he trains himself in
        the seaman skill and navigation as well.  He gains 1 level each
        in both skills during the voygage.   During the night hours
        he tends to sleep from exhaustion of the day.  He appoints
        Chion for a short time as his second to navigate at night.
        In reality he just points whoever is able to keep the
        steering on course into a set course and hopes they don't
        deviate during the night.  Damon deems that sailing at
        night has to be done to avoid constant pirates and patrol
        activity in the first leg of the voyage.  Plus, without
        sailing along coastline in open waters (though dangerous
        but not impossible with a good navigator) its too deep to
        set anchor.

      Farseeker -

        For 2 days he rests as his injurites and exhaustion is too
        much to help out for now.  He was very close to total
        exhaustion at the time o departure.  But he soon recovers
        quickly and helps out in seamanship duties.  He becomes
        a quick study and learns slightly faster than most.

      Malradh ben Kasha -

        During the trip he trains with his main weapon his mace.  Every
        day he trains with it to improve his skill.  One day Thig is
        by him and comments that he senses magic from it.  After 2
        hours of constant asking Kasha gives in and explain it is
        indeed a magical mace he acquired long ago.  But he doesn't
        give more details.  During off periods its learned he is
        a Bhamotin Mercenary who tends to be hired for many missions.
        He knows several languages.  Whats even more interesting
        is during discussion of party loot division at the dinner
        table he gives somewhat expert advice on exhange rates.  Kaylle
        determines he must have a moneylender type skill.  Most find
        it odd a warrior would have such a skill.

      Suresh -

        He returns home safely.  He finds his girlfriend.  In the
        next 3 days alerts go out to local garrisons about some "raid"
        on the western side of the island.  The "raid" on the northern
        edge is quieted also.  But nothing cna stop the rumormill.
        A small force is sent to both parts of the island.  A week
        later a story spreads that a training base was hit by some
        other nation and all were lost.  Suresh sends word back to
        Marentia of this through his normal communication channels.
        No word of actual survivors, prisoners took and taken outside
        the cave, is spread.  But it smells like a cover up.  There
        are rumors of a shakedown of the priestess council in Clima
        city but nothing else is heard.  Eight days later suresh
        learns through a contact, a Climan tailor of all things
        in Clima itself - but cna be paid bribes, that they did
        search for days for a person that stayed on the island but
        no description was determined as he was wearing a scarf.
        Suresh relaxes and determines for now he is safe.

      Trembyl -

        During the trip Trembyl learns seamanship as most do.  During
        off periods he becomes oslemn and quiet.  Mostly sitting by
        himself watching the sea in concentration or meditation.  There
        is quiet talk that maybe he regretted giving the staff over.
        Xian and Trembyl talk off and on about his dreams and if those
        dreams were sent from Varo or someone else to lead him to Varo.
        Trembyl ponders if his destiny is fullfilled or just starting.

      Triest -

        He doesn't learn seamanship since he is quite skilled in it
        already.  In fact he helps with Damon's treining of others.
        He does practice with his scimitar and gain a level of
        experience in it to improve his skill.  During off periods
        he is often talking to Diplomat Trom in what seems fluent
        Fomorian.  They conerse often nad talk about various aspects
        of current events for Fomoria.

      Xian -

        During the trip he becomes sick with teh swaying of the ship.
        Doesn't like sea travel really.  He figures he can use
        magic to avoid combat or fight in combat on a ship.  So
        he doesn't learn ship skills.  Oddly, however, during the
        trip he does appear on the ship and startles many.  They
        suddenly discover a new passenger on ship.  When in fact
        its Xian practicing his disguise artist skill.  Many are
        fooled but by a week most know its him.  Nevertheless
        he continues practicing with new disguises.  He explains
        he knows the skill from a traveling entertainer and thought
        it was fascinating to be someone but himself.

      Kaylle -

        During the day time he is below deck either sleeping or
        writing in his journal.  Keeping a daily log and a log
        of th epast events of the party for posterity.  He also
        spends days trying to read all the documents from the mountain
        and decoding others.  Sometimes he gathers with Aren to go
        over the intelligence found and they both take notes.  Course
        he figures by the time they return it'll be outdated material.
        During the night he talks with the diplomats alot and tries
        to improve his diplomacy skill.

      Thig -

        During the day he is below decks, constantly going over his
        gear to make sure nothing has been taken or disturbed.  If
        not he has his dogs watch the gear closely.  During the
        night he is often on deck playing his faerry flute nd
        keeping the others entertained.  He practices his repeating
        crossbow skill during the voyage as well.

      Neva -

        During the night she spents of course most of the time with
        Jordi talking, planning, and other things.  She is taught
        the Marentian language. By the end of the trip however she
        doesn't know enough to get by herself.  By a few days after
        the trip though she should know enough to get around.  During
        the trip she is seen doing acrobatic type maneuvers on deck
        to keep in shape. She seems quite skilled in acrobatics.

      Marta Valnon -

        During the trip its quickly learned that she is defintely the
        daughter of a noble.  She tries to be catered too and have
        things done for her.  But most of the party learn to avoid
        her.  Aren quietly explains that everyone is equal on the
        ship.  Once landfall is made then status will be again a
        factor in society.  She pouts for days about this then
        finally gets to doing things on her own.  She doesn't do any
        physical labor in terms of the ship however.  She finds
        that she can cook well with Sava's help however and her
        stew becomes quite popular.  After that she leaves her
        shell and becomes more friendly to the crew and vice versus.

      Sava -

        During the trip she helps out daily by casting sea power
        spells (friendly current) this helps to greatly improve
        the speed of the ship and shortening the trip by Damon's
        estimation of 5-7 days.  She also spends time with the
        Elves and tries to learn what has happened to the world since
        her departure.  She becomes sad and doesn't know if her family
        is still alive or not. But being elves they could very well be.

      Diplomats -

        Many of them are too arrogant and set in their ways.  Those who
        are noble born do not help out.  Those who are appointed diplomats
        or ambasadors based on their military service or connections do
        help out with daily activities.  A week into the trip several
        get upset that they are not being taken to their homelands but
        it is explained this is the best way.  Kaylle, Jordi and Aren
        put down the small (almost full) rebellion on the ship by
        diplomacy.  Aren explains once on the land they will be free
        to return home.  But some know Marentia doesn't like their
        nation or such. They become worried they will be taken into
        prison.  But Aren signs a oath agreement they will not.  Course
        they do not realize he has no power at this point.  For the
        last week this quiets most and they just talk quietly among
        their own groups on the crowded deck.

      Ben'dar -

        During the trip Ben'dar leans seamsnship skill and helps out
        with ship operations.  During off periods he learns the
        Marentian langauge from Caladan mostly but gets help with
        Jordi and others when Caladan is busy.  He slowly learns
        the langauge and is able to talk on his own.  But like Neva
        only a few sketchy words.  In a few days afte the trip he
        should be able to be on his own.  During the night he strings
        and creates his dragon necklace out of dragon teeth and
        claws (that have to be slightly decreased in size).  By the
        end of the trip he wears the necklace and looks like a warrior
        with a great victory.  He tries to become friends with the party
        and quickly befriends all in the core group.  He hangs out
        with Caladan often being from the same nation.  With help from
        Z'leyra he prepares the dragon hide material for a suit of
        armor by tanning skill.  They get the material treated and
        ready for such work.  This takes the first 5 days of the
        trip.  Finally with help of a Knowledge spell by Xian he learns
        the properties of the magical pike.

      Unali -

        Unali tries to determine her magical gear.  She recruits help
        from the Elfs and Faerry.  Thig and Kaylle examine them.
        She trusts Kaylle's opinion more as Thig may have an agenda.
        The inventory list Kaylle found does detail what each item
        may be however in generality (thus like below).

        * Potion - Mana Resistance 10 oz
          No info obtained.  Low level potion only.
        * Amulet - of Protection
          This 3 oz small amulet seems to be low power but what
          it protects against is not determined.
        * Talisman - Magic Pow-Law
          Kaylle comments its slightly more powerful than the Amulet
          but its power is unknown. He only detects its of a law
          oriented nature.
        * Talisman - Magic Pow-Choas
          Same with this one but a bit less stronger.  He tells you
          quickly its a evil tailsman of some chaotic spell.
        * Talisman - Communicate (2)
          Both are examined.  Based on runes that match the inventory
          runes Kayle figures they are talisman to communicate in
          general or with someone but is not sure which.  They seem
          both of relative same power but one is slightly higher
          in strength.
        * Talisman - Cure Physical Inj.
          Kaylle determines must've been created by an apprentice
          so its not too poweful.
        * Wand - Repel/Banish Law
          Kaylle senses it, with the rune evidence and inveotry,
          that it banishes law oriented creatures.  It seem quite
          powerful though maybe created by a experienced wizard.
        * Magical Scimitar
          Kaylle is even more impressed.  This seems even more powerful
          in terms of its created origin than the wand.  Slightly
          higher in MEL strength.  Its powers and such aren't determined.
        * Blue Gauntlets [Not magical but need to research origin probably]
          Kaylle spends 2 days on it but can't determine its origin.  It
          seems well made, no magical abilities.  But the sheen on the
          blue metal is unique and nothing seen before.  He comments
          that there is a shop in Sivas she should consult and gives
          the details. Maybe they will know more.  No one slse has other
          details.
        Unfournately little is gained on teh items beyond their relative
        strength through basic mana sensing detection.  She may also
        know which items to hide from inspection (the chaotic ones).

        During th etrip - Unali learns semanship skill as well as the
        others.  During the night she practices with her two weapon
        fighting skill.  She gains a EL in the skill during the
        trip doing so.  She spends time with Aren watching him but
        Aren gets nervous at times and reminds her he is fine.  But
        he also respects the duty her people place on such missions
        of honor.

      Chion -

        Chion only investigates his items during the trip.  He shows
        the staff to Thig and Kaylle.  They quickly determine it
        is of chaotic nature but not too strong.  Maybe an apprentice
        made it.  Chion casts a Knowledge spell first day out and
        learns its full nature.

      Z'leyra -

        Z'leyra is very active during the trip. First few days she
        helps Ben'dar with the Dragon hide using her Tanning skill
        to prepare and treat it so it doesn't rot.  She examines
        the cargo and evluates the treasure (armor and weapons).
        She inspects the gems to ensure their quality. She learns
        seamanship skill as with the others.  She tells her life
        story to the Eagle who seems neutral for most of the trip.
        The eagle tends to stay aloft the top of the rigging and
        just watch the party from its perch.  She casts many
        spells during the trip to improve her spell ELs.  She
        tends to the wounded to help them with their injuries and
        check for infections.

      Jordi -

        Jordi learns seamsnship as with most everyone in the core
        group.  He helps Z'leyra on dealing with healing of others
        that need it.  Most of the time is spent with Neva, of
        course.  He helps Caladan teach marentian to Ben'dar.
        He also casts a few spells.  Many days are spent with
        the diplomats and casting Tongues to learn their language
        for his own use every few days.  At night takes many of
        the night watches.

    All right.  That's the jist of what everyone does.  This assumes
    victory in the encounter.  It could all be moot.  Next post
    will have the actual new update in it.  If I skipped a detail
    of your 2 week action i may have kept it private or just summariezed
    the events here.  I'll deal more in depth on the actions at the
    end of the encounter (assuming victory).  I'll complete details then.
    So stay tuned.  Now for the actual update ....

    [Chion expect email on details of the staff - if not remind me]

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933