[pnpgm] Game update #280 - File #473 - What to do now?

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Tue Jun 15 04:05:54 CEST 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Dead  /Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen"          akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or
<http://www.powersandperils.org/>www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.

<http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm>http://users.cybermax.ne
t/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #272 in sequence (file #473)

     Admin notes:  None
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

         From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
           Jordi quickly realizes that letting Neva fire an arrow
           has been a big mistake.  Now, everybody who sees the
           *elfic* arrow will know that something is wrong. However,
           instead of starting to curse, Jordi simply stays quiet &
           silent.  He is as guilty as Neva, because he was also
           there, and he didn't avoid it. "Move (pointing to c7)
           an prepare an ambush, someone is coming.  We need at
           least a live prisioner." says Jordi, in an almost
           inaudible whisper. Jordi will place himself near B7;
           his objective is to capture one or two of the persons
           coming, if posible, conscious; Jordi thinks that a
           prisioner will tell the party how to bypass the magical
           protection.
         gM: After a quick email reply...To fix the coordinates...
         Jordi:
           Upss... Er, yes, it's a mistake, thank you (nasty mental
           image of teleported Jordi appearing as a "special guest"
           in the middle of "Tómbola", a show that makes the Jerry
           Springler show appear as an example of delicate, inteligent
           and sensitive program...). The idea was not to be in the
           line of fire of Neva, and as near to the intruders as
           posible, taking advantatge of the invisibility spell.
         GM: Neva thought she was testing the boundary and the
           magic through arrows.  In fact they should not be seen
           since they fade into the dirt well.  Yes.  I gathered that.
           To aoid and hide.

         From chion: [Re: Actions]
           Isn't his chance of dieing next to nil? He will grab the
           scroll the priestess used before teleporting if possible
           (if that was refering to him, I thought it was). He would
           like a heal or a regen spell (possibly regen if it gives
           him a bunch more hit points... I forget which will (el 1
           regen giving back 2 per phase for two turns? that would
           be 16... if anyone has regen el 1 with language that is...
           ). Whichever he can get would be great. He did do a
           successful damage reversal didn't he? I forget if he
           did or not, so it might still be his first healing.
           In any event, he is a bit too wounded as is to continue on
           and will need at least to chance healing in some manner.
         GM: No.  I researched it.  This would be #2.  On the
           ship you had a few damage already and used wounds to
           regain some back.  Then got badly wounded down to 26
           at one point.  Then used healing and got back to 20.
           So this would in effect be Healing #2 if my research is
           right.  For your 2nd change you'd have a 10% death chance.
           The constitution helps in this case.  So that's a slim
           chance but still a chance.  Still want to do it.  If anyone
           has Regeneration they can offer it, if so.

         From Z'leyra: [Re: Actions]
           While looking for any sign of tracks that might indicate
           a secret door, Z'leyra says "I doubt that anyone of us
           has the skill to dispell that. It likely has a password
           that I just might be able to discover through a spell.
           However casting that spell is hazardous in several ways.
           I would be in a trance, unable to act for awhile and any
           failure with the spell will be very very bad for me."
         GM: Ack.  Other stuff sent in email.

     ---------------------------Actions---------------------------

      Time: Estimated  7:01am-7:16am  - Morning Day 22

      [Level 6]

         [Room M]

           [Before Xian appears Chion crawls to the floor and looks
            at the scroll she was burning.  But indeed its beyond
            burnt.  He stands and examines the desk.  Its a mess.
            Then Xian appears and Thig explains he'll search since
            he can go back and forth.  Xian explains he'll 'port him
            out of there but they have to go now.  Within seconds
            they appear near Room E and notice Trembyl lying on the
            floor.  Xian explains quickly the situation in the stairs
            and he jogs off.]
           Xian: "Somoene killed the guy back there which could've
             given us the password.."

         [North Hallway]

           [it takes about 30 seconds for Z'leyra to get to where
            the others are on level 7.  Then another 30 seconds
            or so for the rest of the party to join them in the
            small stair slanting area.  The situation is quickly
            explained in quiet whispers.]

      [Level 7]

        [Kaylle slaps his head and stands up to leave.]
        Kaylle: "I should probably return to the office.  Maybe
          there is a chance the password is documented.  I
          doubt it though."

        [Farseeker asks the group..]
        Farseeker: "No magic to get this stopped?"
        Xian: "Probably not powerful enough at this range.  If
          we were closer maybe."
        Suresh: "Why not just walk through the wall and take
          the rest of us or teleport us?"
        Xian: "Teleport bad since not sure what's around the corner.
          Walking through the wall could help but we don't know
          the true range of this spell.  It may just give this
          area here freedom and not other areas.  We could be
          zapped dead like Unali."

        Aren: "Great.  Come this far and can't go further?  Now what?"
        Farseeker: "We could lure someone here?  But that would take
          time.  How about those prisoners from last level.  Maybe
          they had access here and know the password?"
        Aren: "Interrogation could take time.  Do we have that time?"

      [Level 6]

        [Kaylle quickly flies back to level 6 toward the level.
         Suresh and a couple diplomats sneak away back as well
         and continue to explore the offices again.

         Thig begins his cursory search of the priestess offices.]

      [Two minutes pass..]

    Actions? Comments?
    Next update Friday

    Level 6 -
       Unali??, Chion, Caladan, Suresh, Farseeker, Xian, Thig,
       Aren, Valgor, Amin, Dex, Wi, Kasha, Ris, Shah, Cholan
    Level 7 - Jordi, Z'leyra, Neva, Keylle, Triest
    Main cave - Spaar, Qorz, Marta, Talz, Females (2) [Level 2]

Level 7 - ???

              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
   A|%                                           %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   B|%                                           %%PPP*%%%%%%%%%%|
   C|%                                           %%P%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   D|%                                           %%      T%%%%%%%|
   E|%                                           %%%%%%%% %%%%%%%|
   F|%                                               ????

    The * is the stair entrance to 6.
    P = Most of the party
    T = The gem or whatever inlaid against that fall wall.
    ? = The shuffling of a set of feet?

    A quick update.  Will wait and see if there are more ideas.
    BTW the footsteps around the corner seem to have faded or
    stoped.  Maybe they left.

    If you guys are busy let me know and I can hold th egame up
    for a update or two.  Since this is a critical climax period
    we can take our time.  Just let me know.  Yep.  If this was
    a movie we'd be in Reel 5.  If a book second to the last chapter.
    If a TV show it'd be 10 min before it ended.  :)

    Complete level 6 maps in master cave file.

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933