[pnpgm] Spears against tanks

Chris and Karen Wells ckwells at comcast.net
Sun Jul 25 17:00:37 CEST 2004

If Jordi's spear is big enough, Ben'dar will have that at the ready, rather than the bow.

"Thank you Jordi" Ben'dar says through interpreter Caladan.  (Is there a common language that most of the party knows that Ben'dar could start learning?  Now isn't the time obviously, but I'm just wondering for future reference...)

Being at the front position per Farseeker's direction, when the door opens and the two guards emerge, Ben'dar doesn't hesitate.  Being quicker (leather vs. plate mail) and ready for trouble, he uses the guards surprise to his advantage and with an ear-piercing, whooping warcry, he charges the closest guard, attacking aggressively with Jordi's spear.  Ben'dar tries to attack at such an angle that the East guard (his target) is in-between him and the West guard.  He doesn't want to get attacked by two guards at the same time!  Optimally, he would like to cause the East guard to fall backward into the West guard and tangle them both up on the floor.  (Yeah, I know this last part is a pipe-dream, but hey, a guy can hope!  :)  )

Even though these enemies are heavily armed and armored, Ben'dar hopes that if he can throw them off balance (psychologically if not physically) right from the start and put them in a defensive stance, much of their equipment advantage will be negated.

Ben'dar's intent is to engage the guards near the door to the North that they entered the room from, allowing the rest of his friends to get into the room behind him and into position to the south.  He's trying to avoid letting the guards move up to the East door and bottling us up there.  That would be catastrophic, considering their heavy weapons & armor.

(If Jordi's spear isn't big enough for me to use, then I'll have to think up a new strategy for Ben'dar...let me know.)