[pnpgm] Game update #262 - File #454 - Level 5 Exploration begins

pnpgm pnpgm at softhome.net
Tue Apr 6 05:32:17 CEST 2004

  Ht Alias/Player          Character Name    Type    Status/Notes  Sex
  Rh NPC Noble             Aren Solest       Duke    Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Balrog                Balrog            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tom Crockett          Caladan           Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Marcel Liberty        Chion             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  ?? Burton Choinski       Cholan            Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Bob Eldred/Nomad      Damon             Sailor  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Ryan Torres           Farseeker         Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Tim Falkenberg        Malradh ben Kasha Merc    Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh NPC Spy               Suresh Nambler    Spy     Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Orion (Paul Broman)   Trembyl           Fighter Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh NPC Fighter           Triest            Warrior Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Franseco B./Bondo     Valgor            Noble   Normal/Human  Ma
  Rh Scott Adams           Xian              Wizard  Normal/Human  Ma
  Wh Wout Broere           Unali             Ninja   Normal/Human  Fe
  Wh Alex Koponen          Z'leyra           Healer  Normal/Human  Fe
  -- Lyman R. Hampton      Kaylle            Scholar Normal/Faerry Ma
  -- Wayne Richardson/Uji  Thig              Sidh MU Normal/Faerry Ma
  Rh ------???-----------  Neva              Archer  Normal/Elf    Fe
  Rh Sergi Sallent         Jordi             Unsure  Normal/Elf    Ma
  Rh Npc Noble             Marta Valnon      Noble   Normal/Human  Fe
     Ally Section - Diplomats/Ex prisoners - 26 Allies
      G1  Akat, Zenon    (Goidan),     Chandris, Eri      (Kolari)
      G1  Vaeth, Tuon    (Donaran),    Vaidia, Anil       (Donaran)
      G2 *Zablin, Ris    (Zen'dan)     Ayddar Nylykerka   (Thaliban)
      G2  Nil Spaar      (Ursmaian),   Norda Proi         (Lemasan)
      G3  Walling, Dex   (Helvan)      Zing, Troyis       (Kll'Maun)
      G3  Amin, Rajwani  (Lemasan),    Qasir, Shah        (Ro'babzan)
      G1  Jevan, Corz    (Bhamotin),   Jezek, Gord        (Bhamotin)
      G1  Qualres, Diana (Shuikalese), Oolas, Kirz        (Katalan)
      G1  Abzyon, Wi     (Choisuan),   Xavier, Rua        (Fomorian),
      G1  Makki, Pov     (Katalan),    Matta, Kartz       (R'hiselkan)
      G4  Zenakhis, Trom (Fomorian),   Ackbar, Feli       (Chunrey)
      G4  Jozak, Mer     (Robari),     Zabel, Eti         (Artadan)
      G4  Goins, Sharmon (Teosian(,    Havirmar Havigashu (Vahearian)

         Player               Email Address            Email Status
     Scott Adams            pnpgm at softhome.net          Working
     Marcel Liberty/Chion   kzinti_maouse at yahoo.com     Working
     Tim Falkenberg         Malradh at yahoo.co.uk         Unknown
     Wout Broere            broere at powersandperils.org  Working
     Burton Choinski        bchoinski at attbi.com         Working
     Sergi Sallent          igresigres at yahoo.com        Working
     Alex Koponen"          akoponen at mosquitonet.com    Working
     Animals: Ventrius/Pogo Thig's dogs, Firesnake of Caladan's
              Tikil (Cholan's Ferret) (in bag)
              FisherKing (Z'leyra's Eagle), 2 Wagon Horses, Hippogriff

     Powers & Perils Web Page - for some who might want it:
     http://abroere.xs4all.nl/broere/pnp/) or www.powersandperils.org

      Game Web Site - For updates, files, links, etc.
     http://users.cybermax.net/~longshot/pbem/index.htm

     Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at softhome.net

     Game Update #262 in sequence (file #454)

     Admin notes:  None
     ----------------------------update-------------------------------
     [Recap]     - None
     [New Stuff  - Current Situation]

       From Jordi: [Re: Actions]
         Jordi hears Xian's explanations with interest.  "Well, I
         will turn invisible again -or at least, try it- and I
         will go east... however, Xian, if you and your buddy
         go east, I will then go west, because both of your make
         a better combat team than myself alone.  If a group ends
         with its area, it can return back to help the other groups."
         Jordi casts an invisibility spell.
       GM: Ack.

     ---------------------------Actions---------------------------

      Time: Estimated  6:27am-6:42am  - Morning Day 22

              ----------- Gargoyle Den ---------------

      [Z'leyra continues to defile the bodies of the creatures. Her
       berserk continues for some time more...ignoring everything
       else it seems.]

     [Outside the den Valgor stands near the door.  He gets word
      that the others are moving out.  He will catch up when
      Z'leyra gets out of her grief.]

              ----------- Level 4 Hallway -------------

      [Xian listens to Jordi]
      Xian: "My friend..[he looks around but does not see him]
        seems to have...disappeared.  He does that.  Has done
        that.  He is restless.  Frankly I can't control him.
        He will go where he wants and frankly I can't stop him.
        He is very powerful but for now he is working not against
        us but maybe not with us.  Its that friend of my enemy
        thing that seems to have him tolerate us."

      Neva: "If you fail again maybe we should stand back."
        [she smirks a sly smile at Jordi]

      [The party takes a quick few seconds to drink some water from
       their containers.  Its been a long night..]

      Farseeker: [with a sigh of exhaustion] "Shall we move on?"

      Trembyl: "Xian, how can we trust this creature?"

      Xian:  "He could've killed me and everyone in the main cave
        by now.  I doubt he could kill all of us here before we
        got some reaction but I believe he will tolerate us as long
        as we leave shortly."

      Aren: [Does a double take then looks at Xian] "You are the
        only one to see it?" [He looks to everyone else but no one
        seems to say anything] "That could be a problem.  But
        we can't dwell on this creature.  Let's move on."

      Triest: "Wait.  Can't you elves and Faerry sense magic from
       it?  If so how much power did you sense?"

      [Neva and Jordi shrug not being close enough to Xian.]
      Thig: "I was able to get close.   I didn't see anything.
        But I did sense some magical power.  Xian is a wizard so
        it may be him but I sensed soemthing different but it was
        muffled as if behing a cloak.  So I don't know."

      Farseeker: "Well let's go."

     GM: The large group begins to filter down the hallway through
       the door to the stairs to five.  Jordi casts his spell and
       indeed goes invisible this time with no ill effects.

                ----------------------------

      [Jordi is the first to exit the door on level 5.  He enters
       a typical dark and quiet hallway.  He sees no one so whispers
       to those behind that initially the hallway is empty.  He
       heads westward..]

      [In the stairwell tunnel Trembyl moves in the cramped area
       forward to the door..]
      Trembyl: "Let's move.  I still don't think we have much time."
      [He goes to the door and opens it then walks out into the hall.
       Then one ..two..three and the rest of the party begin to
       emerge slowly but cautiously.  They split up into their choosen
       directions having seen three directions now.]

      [Jordi passes a alcove to his right (north).  It seems to o
       in the darkness maybe 40-50 feet or more.  He stops and
       walks a few feet in but sees nothing.  He figures its
       an empty alcove.  He backs up and then continues westward.]

      [Trembyl turns eastward and moves forward. He soon turns
       around a corner that moes northward and sees a door ahead.]

      [Those going south start toward the south tunnel..]

      [Wi and Neva are just passing the alcove.  Neva looks in
       and quickly knocks her bow and fires.  A whoosh is heard.
       Just as it flies a man is heard in climan "Halt!".  At
       the same second Jordi turns his head to see Neva fire
       into the alcove.  Jordi runs back the few feet. A thump
       is heard in the alcove.  Neva quickly reloads.  Wi raises
       his sword and with Thig and Neva enter the alcove.  Its
       pure dark but Neva seems to see well here.]
      Neva: "Its clear.  Just one guard.  The alcove ends another
        20 feet or so that way it looks like I see wall end there."
      [Thig kneels and checks the guard who is wearing leather, sword
       and a shield near him.  He speaks..]
      Thig: "Alive.  But out."
      [In fact the guard will probably bleed to death if left there.]
      Thig: "Good shot!"

      ----meanwhile...at the same time...-----

      [Trembyl enters the door with warstaff ready.  Triest loads
       his heavy crossbow.  They charge into the odd shaped room.
       They are surprised to find soft looking beds here.  Suddenly
       a female standing over a male in a bed turns around.]
      Female: "What's the meaning of--" [in climan but stops suddenly]
      [Another male in a corner grabs a dagger of his belt and raises
       it.  The male on the bed seems to stay in bed but looks at
       the small group.  Only 3 against 6]

      Trembyl [in climan] "Surrender or die!"

      [Cholan raises axe, Balrog, Ayddar and Troyis raises swords.
       Triest aims heavy crossbow at the man in the corner.]

      [The female sees its 2 against one and she isn't armed.
       Two daggers against those weapons.  She sighs and slumps
       her shoulders.  She nods.  The guard in the corner also
       sees his future.  He thinks of charging but would probably
       be cut down before he got a swing.  He raises his dagger.
       Then tosses it to the bed near him.  The male in the bed
       tosses his dagger onto the floor near him.]

      [Trembyl waves his warstaff pointing to the center of the
       room.]
      Trembyl: "Move there!"
      [They comply slowly.  But the man in the bed tries to stand
       but falls back.  The female turns and speaks.]
      Female: "I'm nurse here.  He is too weak to stand."

      Trembyl: "Fine.  Take their weapons."
      [Cholan, Ayddar and Troyis collect the two daggers and
       take a cursory look around them to make sure no hidden
       weapons are there.  But they seem to find none.  Trembyl
       eyes the room and notices its full of bed.  He sees
       a table  and a few supply shelves.  It looks like jars
       of herbs or dried fruit.  He figures this must be some
       sort of medical bay for the complex.  Makes sense.]

      Trembyl: "We need to take these three to the cells on 4
        and lock them up.  What's wrong with him?" [he asks
        the nurse who sternly replies]
      Nurse: "He is recovering from a minor stab wound.   But
        is recovering from a fever.  He shouldn't be moved."
      [Trembyl examines the male and finds a bandage on his
       lower chest.  He must've been bought in recently he is
       still wearing a scrap of his leather armor.  So is the
       other guard.  Trembyl decides he looks fine even though
       he has no healing skills.  He then stands and talks to
       the others.]
      Trembyl: "We can carry him.  Better yet.  You nurse and
        him will carr him. [he looks around and find a carry
        bed like stretcher] Prepare him for the move.  You can
        take a few of the medical supplies with you if you need."
      [Nurse simply nods then motions for the guard to collect
       the man and bandages.]

      [Trembyl to triest]
      Trembyl: "We'll take them quickly down.  We probably need to
        find Unali.  She probably has those cell keys.  We must
        tell Z'leyra about this room.  Being a healer she might
        could use some of those supplies."

      ----meanwhile...at the same time...-----

      [Farseeker's group heads south.  They march about 120 feet
       south to find the tunnel ends.  They spot a door in the
       cave wall.  It seems to be placed well and carved out
       with skill and magical prowess.  They notice the door
       is pure iron and probably 3 inches or more thick.  Impressive.
       Something important is behind this door.  They notice a key
       lock.  A slide window and screens on the outside which may
       indicate more locks from inside.  Farseeker turns to the
       others.]
      Farseeker: "Well?"
      Suresh: "Surely they wouldn't put gargoyles up here.  They
        would want to consolidate them on one area for control.
        Didn't xian say this level was human barracks?" [Kasha
        nods in the dim light where only a lantern lights the door]
        "If that's the case its not creatures.  But it is something
         important.  Maybe Balrog can pick it?"
      Kasha: "It seems though something may be on the other side.
        Maybe more prisoner cells? The slide window seems to
        indicate that."
      Farseeker: "Why don't we just try the direct approach."
        [He straightens his hair. wipes the sweat off his face.
         Then straightens his clothes.]
        "I look like one of those bodyguards I fought.  So I'll
         try the part."
      Suresh: "Our ploys of masquerade seems to fail.  Z'leyra
        I believe failed twice or three times? So --" [but before
        he finishes Farseeker bangs on the door with his great
        sword.  The others panic and clear out of view of the
        slide window.]

      [Seconds pass...Farseeker bangs again. A few more seconds.
       Then the slide window opens and a pair of eyes are seen.]
      Male: "Yes!?"
      Farseeker: "Inspect-" [opps marentian he cna't recall the
        word for Climan inspection.  He quickly coughs to cover
        that up] "New orders."
      Male: "Yes!?"
      Farseeker: "Open the door and I'll hand them to you."
      Male: "Only the captain can order door open."
      Farseeker: "Fine.  I'll tell her you refused the order."
        [He slowly turns and begins to walk away..a few voices
         incide are heard - hmm more than 1 inside - then the
         slide window opens fully.]
      Male: "Wait!"
      [Shocked that it may have worked he grins at Suresh then
       turns back around.]
      Farseeker: "Yes!?" [copying the same tone as the guard]
      Male: "Password?"
      Farseeker [sighing] "I don't have time for this!"
        [then he quickly this time starts to walk over.  The
         slide window closes and a lock mechanism is heard.
         A creak is heard and the door slowly opens.  A head
         pops out.]
       Male: "Wai-" [then he sees the others.  He quickly
        draws back but Kasha pushes him inside away from
        the door handle.  Kasha and Ris charge into the room
        first.  Farseeker opens the door fully and they
        charge in.]

        [Combat breaks out..]

        [Kasha swings his mace at guard #11 but fails to hit in
         the shuffle of bodies..]

        [Guard #12 wearing chain and welding a pike thrusts
         at kasha but in the confusion fails to hit..]

        [Suresh thrusts at Gaurd #11 and passws his shield
         enoguh to do 3 points of damage past the guard's
         chain mail.]

        [Guard #11 with chain, sword and shield swings on
         suresh but fails to hit.]
        [Ris helps Suresh and hits the guard #11 with sword
         but onlyd oes 1 point of minor damage..]
        [Aren swings on guard #12 but fails to hit..]
        [Guard #13 wearing Ringmail and sword swings on Ris
         but fails to hit..]

        [Phase 2---]

       [Farseeker runs into the room and charge sthe pikeman.
        Who would weld a pike in this tiny space must be crazy?
        He charges and thrusts his great sword and impales the
        guard doing massive damage.  The guard dies instantly]

       [Kasha swings on guard #11 but again fails to hit..]

       [Suresh swings on Guard #11 hits and does the damage
        needing to kill the guard and then some.  The guard
        falls to the floor..]

       [Ris turns toward Guard #12 and swings but misses..]
       [Aren helps Ris but also fails to hit the fast guard..]
       [Guard #13 the last guard swings at Aren but no hit..]

        [Phase 3---]

        [Farseeker, Kasha and Suresh all fail to hit Guard #12.
         He seems to be deftly dodging blows.  So do Ris and
         Aren both fail to strike!]
        [Guard #13 however wipes at Ris and knicks him doing
         a minor point of damage..]

        [Phase 4---]

        [Farseeker thrusts at Guard #13 and hits doing 8 points
         of damage.  This knocks the guard to the floor but
         he is still breathing.]
        [Before anyone says anything Ris stabs the guard once
         more and finishes him off...]
        Aren: "You didn't have to do that."
        [Ris simply grabs his bleeding arm and stops the blood.]

        [The small group looks around the room then realizes where
         they are.  Shelves and boxes all over the place.  Shiny
         equipment and armor..weapons..]
        Suresh: "Wow!  We hit gold!"

        Aren: "An armorery."

        [Farseeker goes to the desk to look for documents..while
         the others quietlly look around the room..]

      ----meanwhile...at the same time...-----

      [Jordi continues westward...he soon sees a guard moving
      in his direction.  He must've heard the shout.  Jordi
      sees he has a sling on his belt and a dagger in belt
      and one in hand.  Jordi lets the guard walk right
      past him.  He then draws a dagger of his own.  He
      quickly gets behind the guard and with one arm places
      his arm under the guard's arm and twist.  He then pulls
      the other arm with dagger up against the guard's neck
      and slices his throat cleanly.  A gargle and the guard
      falls to the ground.]

      [Jordi continues westward.  He notices several closed doors.
       He moves down the hall hearing the others following.  As
       soon as he gets another 120 or so feet down the hall his
       spell wears off and he becomes visible again..He quickly
       ducks against the wall and notices a door near him.]

      Time: Estimated  6:29am-6:44am  - Morning Day 22

      [Two minutes pass..]

    Actions? Comments?
    Next update Friday...

Level 5 - Human Barracks

              1         2         3         4         5         6
     123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890
   A|%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   B|%                                     %%%%%* A%%% Room K    |
   C|%                                     %  %%%% %%%   Medical |
   D|%                                     %  %%%% %%%=%%%  Bay  |
   E|%          %%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%%%=%%%%%%%%%g %%%%=%%%  %%%%%%%%%|
   F|%                          NCA   g                 %%%%%%%%%|
   G|%          %%  J%%%%   %%  TDW %%%   %        %%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   H|%          %%%=%%%%%% %%%%%%=%%%%%%% %%%%%   %%            %|
   I|%                   % %            %=%%%%%%% %             %|
   J|%                   % %                    % %%   Room J   %|
   K|%                   % %                    %  [            %|
   L|%                                          %  %  Armorery  %|
   M|%                                          %%%%            %|
   N|%                                             %            %|
   O|%                                             %%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
   P|%

        A = Stairs from 4.        J = Armorery
        K = Medical Bay          g = Dead Guards
        J = Jordi    [G16]       N = Neva [F28]
        C = Caladan  [F29]       T = Trembyl  [G28]
        D = Dex      [G29]       A = Amin     [F30]
        W = Wi       [G30]

    Room J = Farseeker, Kasha, Ris, Suresh, Shah, Aren, Kaylle
    Room K = Trembyl, Cholan, Balrog, Triest, Ayddar, Troyis
    Going to Main cave - Spaar, Qorz, Marta, Talz, Females (2)

 J - Armorery

     12345678901234567890123
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|  Each Col = 2 feet Each Row = 10 feet
   A%%+  *        ######  +%|  = Door
   B%%  [--]               %|  % Rock/Cave wall
   C%%                    `%|  # Crates/boxes
   D|%     #####  #   #   `%|  [-] Tabl
   E|%   gg## ##  ## ##   `%|  * Seat
   F [     #   #  #####    %|  ` = Shelf
   G %    g                %|
   H|%%%%                  %|  [ = Heavy door
   I|%%%%  ############   `%|  g = Dead Guards
   J|%%%%  ############   `%|
   K|%%%%                 `%|
   L|%%%%                  %|
   L|%%%%+    `````````   +%|
    |%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|

 K - Medical Infirmy

     12345678901234567890123
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|  Each Col = 2 feet Each Row = 10 feet
   A%%+ [--]  ##^ ##^ ##^ +%|  = Door             ` = Shelf of instruments
   B%%`  *               ##%|  % Rock/Cave wall
   C%%`       [======]   %%%| ^ and _ = Small table
   D|%                   %%%|  # = Medical bed
   F|%  %%%%%%%##_ ##_  @@+%|  [=] Table of instruments
    |%=%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|  @@ = Healing materials

        For those going west theres lots of choices..

Fringe BBS - EWOG II - 904-733-1721
Telegard / Allfix Beta Site
ICQ: 24436933