[pnpgm] Update #27 – Varo

Bessie Hadley eleabess at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 25 00:24:14 CEST 2022

Varo’s (when she wakes up, whether by near-miss arrows by tent or other means) will keep the same actions stated in update #26.

(new, subsequent actions):
Varo’s Detect Enemy spell might disclose more attackers than just from N/NW – which will be part of her shouted message to the party when she awakens & casts the spell.

In any case, once she determines that the arrows are coming from the north/NW, & that their own watchmen had not called out, she will do her shouted message(s) as indicated in last update, & once armor donned, start heading (avoiding the firelight as much as possible & moving low to the ground) towards the southeast & the horses, to post herself beyond the horses (among trees just to south of horses) to watch for possible attack or effort to steal horses coming from the southern end of the camp. She feels suspicious that the arrows might be a diversion, drawing the party away from the horses, so aims to help guard the horses. (if she's already sensed enemies to the south, then her action is explained easily - lol)

She wants to fight with her longbow to attack any enemies she might see at the far north end of camp, but she wants to be ready to assist protecting the horses, if some enemy plan to try to steal them. She will use her rapier if it comes to melee. And if no enemy appears, she will encourage one of those guarding the horses (if the guards are still by the horses) to join the battle to the N/NW, & remain with the horses, using her longbow toward any reachable enemy target in the dark.

“This is the best way to attack a camp asleep – by creating a diversion that pulls us out into the forest, then sneaking in to steal the horses & anything else that can be quickly snatched up & tied to those same horses. Earth Queen Ernalda, please guard our friends this night & protect those who serve the Light & Life. Let me be of use in this wild idea I’ve had about a possible non-existent ambush,” she whispers almost silently as she works her way into the trees away from the fire, heading south & slightly east, just south of the horses.

(If she has sensed enemies coming from the south also, she will have called this out to the party & may have company on her way toward the southern end of camp.)

[sorry, I'm sure this is way too much action, but I'm just following my train of thought here. I'll be glad to drop what's not needed - lol]

Bess L. Hadley