[pnpgm] Game update #11 - File #67 - Do you parlay?

Gerald Ford biggthree at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 12:37:45 CET 2021


On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 6:58 PM pnpgm <pnpgm at comcast.net>
Ooc: [
Happy Festive December a long Xmas morning post stocking gift to all LOL.
Thanks for all your posts this winter season. My view On Healing:

Using rq 6 healing rules may open up more role playing? Since everyone
being I. This campaign being magical healers by the gods it may be more rpg
to heal with out spells a more natraul feat? And agree with varo as well.

No use making up rules but hybrid thought is there a healing skill so
failure uses the rq2 basic healing rule and success uses rq6 advanced
healing rules?

]


Juno fills his water for himself and his horses before cleaning his clothes
in the river as instructed. He mutters a silent prayer to his god that he
is grateful we are alive after such a bizarre episode including exploding
animals and bloody naked people cleaning clothes at stream. He wonders as
he is cleaning his clothes looking down do the gods laugh at us especially
the luck gods.

When the two men ask for help Juno stares intently at both looking for
suspicious activity and then says “one moment let me check”.

He walks over to his horse and acts like he is looking at his supplies but
fire takes off his spear leans it against the horse pets horse to calm it
secretly tires to cast detect enemies (1) if possible secretly as he can
from behind his horse.

If there shown to be enemies from the spell or any thing suspicious skill
 darting eyes fidget movements Juno can tell by looking at them.

He thinks to himself,
 “He had heard of exploding runes they mention a bear and we just almost
got killed by an exploding bear  his years in militia he seen men do
nefarious things. Why he is cautious could be unrelated but then again....”

If he sees more hidden people using  Spot Hidden (05)

1. If has time cast protection(2) on himself as well secretly hoping they
don’t see this.

2. Then he grabs his spear and grabs a rope. He says, I got some rope if
you need it ?”

3.  He walks over and He puts the rope on end of spear and hands it to them
using spear kinda launching it at there feet before he does he scowl turns
around and scowled to the group and then turns around and smiles kindly to
the two men faking it as it where.  Knowing he has his spear ready for an
attack. In case they draw or jump.

4. Juno says ,” This is a gift from my god We hope it help you head out and
be safe as quickly as possible back to your family.”

Or

If spell shows friendly or can’t do spell etc or nothing detected with his
abilities or skills?


1. Still holding his spear and thinking to himself that he really needs his
stuff so he says “ I don’t have any thing of use that I can spare I am
traveling light. Unless you want to make a makeshift shelter using those
precious pelts and some rope varo has  and my crap clothes.
 [ Peasant clothes in my pack.]

and some sticks and leaves mother nature provides,

(He looks and gives a nod to Varo and thus a proverbial prop to her higher
power)

2. Juno asks, “Do you have blankets. Can you light your fire? We are here
to help you.”

3. Juno says,
”From our hearts comes love from our heads simple ideas for you. We give
these gifts as advice with love and kindness. May our higher power bless us
all.”


Juno reflects, My militia boss used to speak about an old rune priests
saying he heard long ago about random rational looking folks you meet upon
the trail of life.

 “Never assume unkindness be kind and keep your true allies close, but keep
your true foes even closer and to them be unkind.“

My boss spoke further and explained his ideas in this saying, “If a foe
wants to harm you give them something to get them away quickly and keep
your eyes on them as they leave for as long as possible . Give Your allies
advice first and also along with a true helpful material gift and set them
free. This will build good karma and rise ones power and glow with the
gods.”


>
>
> Sex.....Character Name...Player..................Type....Notes.....
> Male...Klorgar..........Tobie.Bonahoom...Tracker...Human,..........
> Female.Varo Mineholder..Bess.Hadley......Merchant..Human...........
> Male...Razgor...........Wout.Broere......Guard.....Human...........
> Male...Rocky............Alex.Koponen.....Hunter....Dwarf...........
> Male...Mournath.........Gilbert.Isla...............................
> Male...Veren.Nor.Tarek..Npc..............Employer..Human...........
> Male...Jaren............Npc..............Bodyguard.Human...........
> Male...Marusk...........Npc..............Guide.....Human...........
> Male...Juno.Solace......Ford.............Tracker...Human...........
>
>
>         Game Web
> Site – http:/nrgcomputers.com/RQ/rq.htm (case matters)        Public
> posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)        Private
> emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net
>
>                                                            Game
> Update #11 sequence (file #67)
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
>         Admin:
> None.
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------        [Recap]
>
>    From Rocky: [Re: Actions]
>         Rocky casts a
> Heal 2 on himself, then a Heal 2 on whoever most needs it, then another
> on himself then another on the neediest.
>    GM: Ack.
>
>    From Varo: [Re: Actions]
>         Varo offers to do
> a Healing spell for Klorgar (worst hit) & anyone else needing it;
> uses first aid on her own wound, unless plenty of healing spells
> available in the group. She votes for moving to the stream, willing to
> lead her horse. She'd rather get away from the mess around them. She's
> still a bit shaken by the paralysis episode.
>    GM: Ack.  IF you have a higher healing like Heal 3 let
> me (and all others) know what level. To clarify you do 2 heals on others
> not yourself. :)
>
>    From Razgor: [Re: Actions]
>         Razgor casts a
> Heal 2 on himself and on anyone that needs it after Rocky went round
> already.
>
>         He looks at his
> clothes and smells the rancid blood that seeped into it.
> "A quiet spot near a brook mighty good sound now. I is done with the
> beasts for a day."
>    GM: Ack.
>
>    From Juno: [Re: Actions[
>         Juno cast healing
> (2) on him self twice the. Does the same on the worst wounded
> person.
>                Juno says to
> Varo , “I hope you find peace and solace. That had …
>    GM: Ack.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------        [New
> Stuff]
>         [Wildday,
> Death week, Storm Season, 1625, Dragon Pass, Genertela, Glorantha]
>       [Time: Afternoon – North of Demark]        [Time:
> 8:50 pm]
>
>    Back at camp the party can see wounds from blood.
> Lucky that it was only 1 wound per person.  Those unlucky to get
> splattered with intestines are the worst to be smelly.
>
>    Rocky casts a healing spell on himself then moves to Klorgar
> doing a healing spell on him as well.  Then the dwarf casts a final
> healing on himself making him fully healed.  He then reapplies
> another healing spell on Klorgor to help him.
>
>    Varo treats her own wound and helps Rocky doing the final
> healing to fully heal Klorgor with a healing spell.  She then gives
> Razgor a healing spell.
>
>    Klorgor is thankful for the healing and thankful the smell
> of his errand is covered up by the gore.
>
>    Razgor does a healing spell on himself and Varo to help her
> own wound. With Varo's healing spell he is fully healed.
>
>    Razgor looks at his clothes and smells the rancid blood that
> seeped into it.  "A quiet spot near a brook mighty good sound
> now. I is done with the beasts for a day."
>
>    Juno casts a healing spell on himself.  Then helps the
> guide Marusk with a healing spell.  Then recasts healing on himself
> but still has a light wound.  Then he moves to help Varo for another
> healing on her.
>
>    Juno says to Varo, “I hope you find peace and solace. That
> had to be traumatizing. I will pray to my higher power for you.”
>
>    Agreed we must find a place to clean up. After he done
> healing himself and others, he checks his belongings and counts his
> arrows to determine the amount. He then feeds his horse gives it waters
> and brushes them to make sure there ok. If time do so before cleaning up
> of not then he do after we find a spot to clean up and camp.
>
>    That leaves just 3 with light wounds Varo (1), Juno (2) and
> Marusk (@).
>
>    The fire is doused and the party moves eastward to find the
> stream.  Four carry torches since it is well dark.  Rocky helps
> with his night vision with Marusk to lead the party.
>         [time:
> 9:22 pm]
>
>    It takes time to find the stream after 2 false leads.
> The new camp is made and firewood is re-collected. The stream is now a
> flowing river but about 2 feet deep and 5 feet wide at places.
>
>    Marusk nods, “its not winter thaw levels from mountains in
> the east. But it should be good.  Re fill water skins before
> you....clean clothes and bodies.”
>
>    Before breaking camp the guide suggested to clean footwear
> and pants in depth first.  Would be bad to just let a blood trail
> lead prey to them.  Assuming no one is afraid to go naked.
>
>         [Godsdday,
> Death week, Storm Season, 1625, Dragon Pass, Genertela, Glorantha]
>       [Time: 6:01 am – North of Demark]
>    The rest of the night is uneventful.  Varek suggests if
> need to go find a bush to do business maybe take a partner.
>         [Time:
> 1:12 pm]
>
>    The party spots 2 riders who approach the camp.
> “Hail!”
>
>    The horses are laden with pelts and furs.  They have
> bows and swords but all stored away.
>
>    “We are hunters from a village 3 days west.  Our tent
> was destroyed by a bear as we were out hunting.  Do you have a spare
> tent we can barter for?  We just killed a large 12-15 pound
> rabbit.  It's yours if you want it.  If no tent how about some
> rope or a blanket or two?  What do you say?  Will you parlay?”
>
>    Varek nods, “I personally don't have those things to
> spare.”  He turns to the party for reactions.
>           GM:
> Actions? Comments?
>
>     Next Update...Thursday or next Monday..
>         GM: By now
> all are healed POW from previous spells. At night camp I'll figure out
> healing you'll get 1 point then so some may be a 1 point wound
> left.  BTW I learned that healing needs to be done (spell) only once
> per 5 rounds or 1 per minute.  So its good to pause between self
> healing.  This is bad for long combats. For experience Varo and Juno
> got +5% to Bow skills.  Now with Xmas this week I may do a update
> Thursday if there's enough to react to.  If not then Monday.
> If no trade then they'll move on.  If no update Thursday Merry
> Christmas or whatever holiday you may celebrate.  This week
> Mon/Thursday and next same thing is my last vacation period.  Then
> it will be only Tue/Wed off as normal.  So I'll try to get updates
> out as I can.  Hope you guys enjoyed the Whale video I put in last
> update. :)
>         We have a
> vote to decide on.  In researching healing First Aid in RQ2 is basic
> very basic it only stops bleeding.  No other effects.  But in
> RQ6 First Aid actually helps heal! For Minor wounds 1d6 or for severe
> 1d3.  This is a huge rule change.  Healing spells seem to work
> for RQ2.  But makes 1st Aid kinda useless in RQ2.  First Aid
> RQ6 would make game less deadly.  So do you guys want me to use the
> RQ2 or RQ6 First Aid rules?  Let me know.  I'll go for whatever
> you decide.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> pnpgm mailing list
> pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org
> http://www.powersandperils.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pnpgm
>
-- 
Thank You
Gerald Ford
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20211225/eb762991/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list