[pnpgm] Game Update # 10- File #62 - Whales go boom!

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Fri Dec 17 00:19:42 CET 2021

Sex.....Character Name...Player..................Type....Notes.....
Male...Klorgar..........Tobie.Bonahoom...Tracker...Human,..........
Female.Varo Mineholder..Bess.Hadley......Merchant..Human...........
Male...Razgor...........Wout.Broere......Guard.....Human...........
Male...Rocky............Alex.Koponen.....Hunter....Dwarf...........
Male...Mournath.........Gilbert.Isla...............................
Male...Veren.Nor.Tarek..Npc..............Employer..Human...........
Male...Jaren............Npc..............Bodyguard.Human...........
Male...Marusk...........Npc..............Guide.....Human...........
Male...Juno.Solace......Ford.............Tracker...Human...........

         Game Web Site – http:/nrgcomputers.com/RQ/rq.htm (case matters)
         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #10 sequence (file #62)

         Admin: None.

         [None]

         [Wildday, Death week, Storm Season,
1625, Dragon Pass, Genertela, Glorantha]
       [Time: Afternoon – North of Demark]
         [Time: 8:47 pm]

         [Round 10]

            Razgor continues to comically hold
his spear in an attacking pose, lying on his back
on the ground. Not much he can do, not even warn
his new friends of the danger this beast poses.

            Maybe if he can look mean he can
scare the bear? No his face has that frozen
shocked with pants down almost look on it.  But
he sees a arrow hit the bear or hear it
rather.  It seems hurt so his friends must be here.

            Rocky fires his Arbalest just as the
creature turns and hits him in the chest doing 5
points of damage.  The creature roars and whines.

            The creatures turns to stare at Rocky
as he lowers his arbalest to the ground but finds himself frozen.

            Juno switches from his bow to his blade.

            The creature turns around and begins
to hobble away knowing this battle is lost.

            Klorgar rushes up and stabs the bear
in the back who falls to the ground dead.

            Maursk brings torch over, “Ahh.  A
Jack-o Bear.  Wait do you hear a buzz? RUN!!”

            Razgor hears the word run – is he kidding seriously?

            Just then the Jack-o-Bear explodes
and a mass of gore, blood and parts go flying
like shrapnel.  Everyone in the area is affected by this explosion of gunk.

            Klorgar gets a mass of ribs hit him
in the left arm.  He takes 18 points of damage
but his armor protects 6 but his arm is now
disabled and either broke or limp he takes 12
points. He is thrown back and on the ground by the pain.

            Varo finds she can now move again but
a chunk of bear arm flies at her left leg hitting
doing 4 points past her armor but a light wound.

            Rocky takes a chunk of foot in his
right arm doing 4 points.  He hopes his arbalest
is fine but its soaked in blood now.

            Razgar is happy he can move! He
starts to sit up just as he sees something big
and black falling right for his face. Is that..a
branch? Oh Gods!  Kill me now.  It's the bears
rear butt falling for his face!.  But Razgar
rolls away and sits up just in time to see a
orange bear head hit his abdomen doing 3
points.  He is knocked back again with a head on
his chest.  What else can go wrong tonight?

            Marusk turns to move as he yells run
and is hit by a blob of bone and intestines in
his left leg and he doesn't lose the limb but will have to limp back.

            Juno starts to turn but is hit in the
left leg by a large mass of hind leg parts doing
enough damage to (5) to cause him to fall.  He'll
need help also getting back to camp.

            Marusk leans against a
tree.  “Serious injuries anyone feeling
critical?” He waits but it seems no life
threatening damage.  “We should get back to camp
now. This will attract predators by all this gore
and blood.  Let's hurry.  Let's help each other.”

            As the group limps back to
camp.  Someone asks the guide how he knew that
would happen.  “I didn't.  But a hunter
encountered one and when he killed it, it made a
awful noise he was deaf for 2 days. Smarty pants
folks call it a Chaos Feature but I like Entropy Feature.  Its pure random.”

            As the group enters the light of camp
Mournath and Jaren can't help but to laugh at the
gore and blood all over the clothing of the
group. Jaren speaks up, “he goes to relieve
himself and you guys return almost dead.”  He shakes his head.

            Marusk is helped to his horse.  “It
was a Jack-o-Bear.”  He digs in his bag for the
map.  He unfolds it and peers at it.  “We left
this meadow 2 hours ago and here is the Fallen
Crest Hill....Named when a hunter walked over on
this crest ledge over the hill side hoping to
take down game from his perch.  Too bad it broke
and that wolf only took half his leg.  So we
should be here.  I recall there is a brook here
about 2-2.5 miles to east.  We should break camp
and head there.  It may be a small and tiny brook
but we need to clean up.  No one should ride in
the saddles.  Its one thing those men will draw
animals.  But  when that bear exploded the
animals will come in droves.”  He looks at Varek.

            Varek looks around, “should we? Or
just place a large sentry?  Do we have enough
water skins to clean up?  IF not then we must
break camp if no one else has better ideas.”

         GM: Actions? Comments?

             Next Update...Saturday...

         GM: A 2 update week! I know been rare
lately sorry.  Heck I'll do a 3rd saturday!  Deal
with healing or comments you may have.  If no
argument the camp will break then we'll make a
new one.  Those with disabled limbs may need to
be healed first.  There was a chance this
creature as well as many others have a Chaos
Feature.  This rolled to be will blow up and do
3d6 damage to those nearby. :) Sorry about last
update it seems editing was not done I had GM
comments and cut/pasted stuff in I had not
fixed.  Sorry its holidays and staff is
slacking.  Wanted this out today so will post any
damage in next update if need that.

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaFO1xNL-IQ>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaFO1xNL-IQ

A good and old news story  IT will fit the title I choose. :)

         Seriously though I ran out of time. I
could've delayed this till Sat or Monday.  But I
figured to get this out.  I do not mean ot make
fun of the damage or the light of it.  To some it
is serious damage.  Based on Armor, spells and
such I did not detect instant deaths.  If folks
had no armor folks would've died.  It was a pure
random chaos feature.  I did warn RQ is
dangeorus.  With that said some will need
powerful healing like a Heal 6.  Due to time I
can't go into more realistic terms and say X
needs a Heal 2 and Y needs Heal 6.  Nor to
include soe are stunned or shocked.  That would
be obvious.  I just wanted to get update out then
fix those details next update.  I don'teven know
if anyone can heal that high. Just had no time to
check.  So sorry if it seems rushed.