[pnpgm] Game Update #9 - File #61 - Wild Jacks

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Dec 14 06:22:49 CET 2021




Sex.....Character Name...Player..................Type....Notes.....
Male...Klorgar..........Tobie.Bonahoom...Tracker...Human,..........
Female.Varo Mineholder..Bess.Hadley......Merchant..Human...........
Male...Razgor...........Wout.Broere......Guard.....Human...........
Male...Rocky............Alex.Koponen.....Hunter....Dwarf...........
Male...Mournath.........Gilbert.Isla...............................
Male...Veren.Nor.Tarek..Npc..............Employer..Human...........
Male...Jaren............Npc..............Bodyguard.Human...........
Male...Marusk...........Npc..............Guide.....Human...........
Male...Juno.Solace......Ford.............Tracker...Human...........



         Game Web Site – http:/nrgcomputers.com/RQ/rq.htm (case matters)
         Public posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #9 sequence (file #61)
         ----------------------------------------------------------------

         Admin: None.
         ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

            From Juno: [re: Actions]
                 Juno nods as he listens to Varo.

                 “My father a wise man said to me 
when I was young and he seen my 

            GM: Ack. Added to this update since 
got just before I posted other one.  I like the 
role playing so many just post 1 liners.  So I 
enjoy it! If you two decide to bury them that's 
fine it can be done retroactive.

            From Varo: [Re: Actions]
                 Varo walks her sentry path, 
moving as quietly as she can in the 


                 If she hears any noise or sees 
movement, or even feels something is off, she 
will cast Detect Enemy before lifting her bow. 
She has been praying under her breath every few 
minutes to Ernalda, Earth Queen, to assist her in 
maintaining Balance and Harmony. If she feels the 
need to cast her spell, she will pray briefly 
“Holy Ernalda, grant me strength to fight chaos 
and the enemies of harmony and balance,� before 
using the spellword & its gesture. Then drawing 
her bow, she waits to see if the spell finds 
anything within range. If anything is sensed she 
will turn that way and attempt to spot the enemy 
to target it. Since it's night, she knows she 
must not fire blindly & hit a friend, & she knows 
it might take a few seconds to identify anything 
she sees, or maybe hears. Caution and alertness are her best friends now.
            GM: Ack. A good point I will assume 
always sentries do not carry torches. If this is 
not case let me know if you are on sentry in future updates.

            From Rocky: [Re: Watch]
                 As usual, Rocky will take the 
watch having the darkest part of the night. Until 
then he will be resting. Before resting he looks 
around and casts a Detection spell near a low 
portion of ground.  If awakened he will stand, 
ready his armor and weapons and set to.
            GM: Ack. Detect what? So what is the 
darkest time?  At 8 who can serve (Tarek assumed 
not to) 2 4 sentry duties.  So 3 hours per 
6pm-6am.  So for you I guess you are requesting 11-2?

            From Mournath: [Re: Watch]
                 Knowing that the party will not 
yet trust him, Mournath states "I'll double 
middle-watch with someone if you'd like. Otherwise, I'm a fair hand at 

            GM: Ack.

            From Varo: [Re: Actions]
                 [This comment is not related to 
Varo's standing watch, but in response to note from Mournath]

                 Varo will not allow Mournath to 
care for her horse, until she 

            GM: Ack.

         ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
         [New Stuff]

         [Clayday, Death week, Storm Season, 
1625, Dragon Pass, Genertela, Glorantha]
       [Time: Evening]

            As the stranger Mournath enters the party.

            Juno nods as he listens to Varo.  He 
says, “I to much rather travel faster and lightly 
and avoid conflict. I don't see how our choice of gods to follow conflicts.”

            “My father a wise man said to me when 
I was young and he seen my First use of my powers.”

            “If you don't know where you're going 
any road will take you there.”

            Do you know then continues to say. 
“Any one who loves horses the way you do and 
treats horses in the manner that you were showing 
yourself to treat these beautiful beast I can 
only hold it I respect so as a fellow horse rider 
I hold you in high respect so the two of us 
should never have any conflict and given the 
opportunity in a case when we retreat just 
remember we can always circle back around and meet up later and help the crew.”

            “I think these gentlemen if we are to 
be the great people that we are to become that we 
are destined to be to be the priest of our Gods 
Then these men deserve a decent burial and 
whatever we have time for and tools to do I am 
more than willing to give them a decent burial.”

            “But time and wounds and energy that 
we may need for the road head. We should try to 
be as efficient and thoughtful to not waste too 
much time and energy. As person of high faith and 
you as a person of high faith we must anything 
ensure the dgingont of all life even of those who were willing to kill us.”

            “So let us do what we can to ensure a 
proper ending of life but server the greater good 
use of energy that is part of our journey ahead.”

            “Let me know what you want to do and 
I will server you and your needs. We are both on 
roads but the same destination to server a higher power.”

            Laughing out loud, “my teachers say I think too much.”

            Juno bows and awaits any rebuttal.

            Later as the others move the dead 
bodies and collect their horses, Mournath notices the looks.

            Knowing that the party will not yet 
trust him, Mournath states "I'll double 
middle-watch with someone if you'd like. 
Otherwise, I'm a fair hand at the stew pot if 
you'd like me to settle the horses and throw 
together a meal in the morning." This after 
Mournath has collected his horse and seen to the 
horses of the others if they will allow him.

            Tarek turns to Mournath, “we now have 
8 that can serve sentry.  I may but doubt I will 
need to.  So during day all are sentries.  From 
around 6 to 6 am then we have 12 hours.  I 
suggest a 2 man sentry shift.  One to be around 
camp and one to be more hidden.  So 4 teams for 
12 hours is 3 hour shifts.  Leaving 9 to sleep 
and such.  Doing a double would be taxing for 
you.  Best to keep you sharp.  As to the food sure I'm all for good stew!”

            Varo will not allow Mournath to care 
for her horse, until she can observe him caring 
for his own, & she's cautious about him yet, so 
will observe how he cares for the horses once or 
twice before allowing him to work with hers unobserved.

            She's sensitive about her mare's 
training, wanting the mare to trust her above 
anyone else, so wants to spend some time with the 
horse daily, even though it means having to ride 
away from the walkers, to either scout ahead or 
behind the group near Tarek, or along the 
outskirts of the general direction they are 
traveling. She also feels it will help her stay 
more alert for possible trouble.

                 -----------------------

         [Wildday, Death week, Storm Season, 
1625, Dragon Pass, Genertela, Glorantha]
       [Time: Afternoon – North of Demark]

         [Time: 8:47 pm]

            Varo walks her sentry path, moving as 
quietly as she can in the dark. The fire is about 
30 feet away, so although it's pretty dark around 
her, she tries not to look back directly at the 
fire to avoid night blindness. She is supposed to 
be the visible sentry, but she still wants to 
avoid showing an obvious silhouette against the 
flames, so if cover is present, she will move 
among any shrubs and trees, pausing at irregular 
intervals to keep her path as irregular as 
possible within the area she is covering. She 
might as well be smart enough to try to 
discourage any sneakers-about by showing she 
wasn't a complete idiot about watch duty, even if 
she was visible. Besides, standing still made her feel very vulnerable.

            The night is quiet and her bow is in 
her left hand, loaded & ready to be lifted and 
drawn at any sound or visible movement. She looks 
every few minutes back at the horses, to see if 
they appear restless, or seem to sense anything.



Varo
If she hears any noise or sees movement, or even 
feels something is off, she will cast Detect 
Enemy before lifting her bow. She has been 
praying under her breath every few minutes to 
Ernalda, Earth Queen, to assist her in 
maintaining Balance and Harmony. If she feels the 
need to cast her spell, she will pray briefly 
Holy Ernalda, grant me strength to fight chaos 
and the enemies of harmony and balance,  before 
using the spellword & its gesture. Then drawing 
her bow, she waits to see if the spell finds 
anything within range. If anything is sensed she 
will turn that way and attempt to spot the enemy 
to target it. Since it's night, she knows she 
must not fire blindly & hit a friend, & she knows 
it might take a few seconds to identify anything 
she sees, or maybe hears. Caution and alertness are her best friends now.

            Razgor curses under his breath. " 
Where is the sun when you need it."

            He pulls up his pants as quickly as 
he can, stuffing the leafs he had picked in his 
pants rather than dropping them. Damn whatever it 
is, could he just have five minutes. Not even 
time to clean up. This means washing his clothes 
probably. Not his first love. Get that belt 
fastened. Would not be good to have his pants 
drop. He frantic ties his pants and does up his belt.

            Now where is his pike. Why did he not 
take that to hold. A knife then at least. Damn 
whatever is prowling out here.  Once he pulls a 
knife out he checks to make sure he has been 
spotted by whatever is out there. He thinks he 
is, but if whatever it is seems to ignore him he 
moves back to camp. However, if it is prowling, 
observing, moving towards him, or even attacking, 
calls out loudly: "Who is there. Show yourself." 
Hopefully loud enough to be heard from the camp.

            He readies the best weapon he has 
(probably a knife in this situation) in a 
defensive stance. Then he starts to circle back 
to camp if he can, facing the whatever it is he 
spotted if he can and sidestepping towards the light if needed.

            Razgor realizes he did bring his 
spear.  Daggers are nice to cut leaves for paper 
but boars are common in forest. Having boar tusk 
buried inside a naked butt is to good.  So the 
spear is best to use while away from camp.  He 
grabs it and studies the orange creature.  It 
speaks his words to ID it and his battle skill 
does tell him he needs to hit the large body 
behind the orange 'head' thing.  Better 
chance.  The orange head or wait a orange 
tail?  The orange head seems to be to his left so he decides to move right.

            Before Razgor speaks Varo does glance 
at the horses who have moves slightly more south 
and seem skittish.  Varo tenses then hears the 
words that are muffled to the north.  Where Razgor moved.

            The creature turns and growls 
smelling Razgor and moves toward him.  He stares 
at Razgor then Razgor moves forward lifting his 
foot then ...lifting his foot...lifting...

            Why isn't his foot working? Wait his 
fingers aren't either.  Oh great.  He feels 
paralyzed and can't move but he remains standing holding his spear.

            Jaren yells, “To arms!”

            Varo casts her spell but senses 
nothing either the spell failed or too far.  Yet 
based on what Razgor said there has to be 
something in the north.  She moves quickly that way.

         [Round 3]

            Varo and Juno being up and alert move 
to the north.  But it will take a bit of time to get to Razgor.

            The creature gets within a few feet 
and Razgor can see it has a orange odd face but 
otherwise looks like a shaggy bear.  The creature 
sniffs Razgor then knocks him down.  “Oh great 
now to be eaten and can't even yell,” Razgor 
thinks to himself.  The creature opens jaw and 
grabs Razgor's shirt.  How nice to grip that and 
not his neck.  The creature begins to drag Razgor further north.

            Varo heads north followed by Juno.

            Klorgar then Rocky follows.

            Maursk grabs a log from the fire to 
use as a torch and heads north to join the others.

            Tarek sees Mournath moves but says, 
“wait here.  If this is a ploy to clear the camp...”

            Mournath nods and that makes 
sense.  So he watches the area as Tarek and Jarek 
remain near the fire with drawn weapons.

         [Phase 6]

            The creature has dragged about 22 
feet north now about 104 feet from camp.

            Varo is now 90 feet away from camp 
and spots the creature dragging something.  Is that Razgor?

            Juno is about 10 feet (80 feet north 
of camp) behind Varo as he closes in.

            The creature hears the new humans and 
lifts his head and growls. He moves away and to a bush.

            Varo lifts and aims at the creature 
as it dots into the bush.  It is dark so a 
difficult shot.  The arrow hits the creature in 
his left arm front leg doing 1 point.

            The others are a good 50 feet behind her.

         [Round 7]

            Varo raises her bow to fire again and 
pulls the bow string back...or tries too.  She 
finds herself not able to move or speak.

            Juno moves up and stares at Varo do 
something!  He spots the creature and fires his 
own bow.  Juno's Composite Bow hits the same 
place left arm/front left leg doing 5 
points.  The creature collapses losing use of 
that limb for 4 points. But it recovers since have 3 other limbs.

            The creature lifts his head and growls staring at Juno.

         [Round 7]

            Varo stares and holds the bow.  But does not move yet.

            Juno grunts to Varo why isn't she 
firing!? Juno aims again and fires again but misses.

            The creature growls and tries to 
crawl backwards while looking at Juno.

            But nothing comes to affect Juno.  By 
now Rocky, Klorgor and Murusk join the other2.

            The guide waves his torch to get a 
better look.  The creature is about 25 feet to the north of them.

         [Round 8]

         GM: Actions? Comments?

             Next Update...Thursday will try if not Saturday.

         GM: So that's about 1.5 minutes of 
action.  The creature is hurt but moving.  What 
do you do now?  Razgor and Varo are 
paralyzed.  Juno, Rocky, Klorgor and Marusk are 
able to move at this point.  I don't think we 
really need a map here as its just 1 creature you 
believe.  Mournath if you want to ignore Tareks 
suggestion you can do so.  For those approaching 
Varo you will not understand situation until 1 
round before maybe 1.5.  For any actions before hand

         GM: Positions:

             Varo – 24-25 feet from creature south paralyzed
             Juno – 23-26 feet from creature south
             Razgor – 4-5 feet east (to 
creature's left) on ground facing up paralyzed
             Rocky, Klorgor, Marusk – 30-32 feet 
from creature south of it behind Juno.
             Mournath, Tarek, Jarek – Camp – 105-110 feet south of creature.











-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.powersandperils.org/pipermail/pnpgm/attachments/20211214/50c7e360/attachment.htm>


More information about the pnpgm mailing list