[pnpgm] Game Update #9 - File #61 - Wild Jacks

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Tue Dec 14 06:22:49 CET 2021

Sex.....Character Name...Player..................Type....Notes.....
Male...Klorgar..........Tobie.Bonahoom...Tracker...Human,..........
Female.Varo Mineholder..Bess.Hadley......Merchant..Human...........
Male...Razgor...........Wout.Broere......Guard.....Human...........
Male...Rocky............Alex.Koponen.....Hunter....Dwarf...........
Male...Mournath.........Gilbert.Isla...............................
Male...Veren.Nor.Tarek..Npc..............Employer..Human...........
Male...Jaren............Npc..............Bodyguard.Human...........
Male...Marusk...........Npc..............Guide.....Human...........
Male...Juno.Solace......Ford.............Tracker...Human...........

         Game Web Site – http:/nrgcomputers.com/RQ/rq.htm (case matters)
         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #9 sequence (file #61)

         Admin: None.

            From Juno: [re: Actions]
                 Juno nods as he listens to Varo.

                 “My father a wise man said to me
when I was young and he seen my

            GM: Ack. Added to this update since
got just before I posted other one.  I like the
role playing so many just post 1 liners.  So I
enjoy it! If you two decide to bury them that's
fine it can be done retroactive.

            From Varo: [Re: Actions]
                 Varo walks her sentry path,
moving as quietly as she can in the

                 If she hears any noise or sees
movement, or even feels something is off, she
will cast Detect Enemy before lifting her bow.
She has been praying under her breath every few
minutes to Ernalda, Earth Queen, to assist her in
maintaining Balance and Harmony. If she feels the
need to cast her spell, she will pray briefly
“Holy Ernalda, grant me strength to fight chaos
and the enemies of harmony and balance,� before
using the spellword & its gesture. Then drawing
her bow, she waits to see if the spell finds
anything within range. If anything is sensed she
will turn that way and attempt to spot the enemy
to target it. Since it's night, she knows she
must not fire blindly & hit a friend, & she knows
it might take a few seconds to identify anything
she sees, or maybe hears. Caution and alertness are her best friends now.
            GM: Ack. A good point I will assume
always sentries do not carry torches. If this is
not case let me know if you are on sentry in future updates.

            From Rocky: [Re: Watch]
                 As usual, Rocky will take the
watch having the darkest part of the night. Until
then he will be resting. Before resting he looks
around and casts a Detection spell near a low
portion of ground.  If awakened he will stand,
ready his armor and weapons and set to.
            GM: Ack. Detect what? So what is the
darkest time?  At 8 who can serve (Tarek assumed
not to) 2 4 sentry duties.  So 3 hours per
6pm-6am.  So for you I guess you are requesting 11-2?

            From Mournath: [Re: Watch]
                 Knowing that the party will not
yet trust him, Mournath states "I'll double
middle-watch with someone if you'd like. Otherwise, I'm a fair hand at

            GM: Ack.

            From Varo: [Re: Actions]
                 [This comment is not related to
Varo's standing watch, but in response to note from Mournath]

                 Varo will not allow Mournath to
care for her horse, until she

         [Clayday, Death week, Storm Season,
1625, Dragon Pass, Genertela, Glorantha]
       [Time: Evening]

            As the stranger Mournath enters the party.

            Juno nods as he listens to Varo.  He
says, “I to much rather travel faster and lightly
and avoid conflict. I don't see how our choice of gods to follow conflicts.”

            “My father a wise man said to me when
I was young and he seen my First use of my powers.”

            “If you don't know where you're going
any road will take you there.”

            Do you know then continues to say.
“Any one who loves horses the way you do and
treats horses in the manner that you were showing
yourself to treat these beautiful beast I can
only hold it I respect so as a fellow horse rider
I hold you in high respect so the two of us
should never have any conflict and given the
opportunity in a case when we retreat just
remember we can always circle back around and meet up later and help the crew.”

            “I think these gentlemen if we are to
be the great people that we are to become that we
are destined to be to be the priest of our Gods
Then these men deserve a decent burial and
whatever we have time for and tools to do I am
more than willing to give them a decent burial.”

            “But time and wounds and energy that
we may need for the road head. We should try to
be as efficient and thoughtful to not waste too
much time and energy. As person of high faith and
you as a person of high faith we must anything
ensure the dgingont of all life even of those who were willing to kill us.”

            “So let us do what we can to ensure a
proper ending of life but server the greater good
use of energy that is part of our journey ahead.”

            “Let me know what you want to do and
I will server you and your needs. We are both on
roads but the same destination to server a higher power.”

            Laughing out loud, “my teachers say I think too much.”

            Juno bows and awaits any rebuttal.

            Later as the others move the dead
bodies and collect their horses, Mournath notices the looks.

            Knowing that the party will not yet
trust him, Mournath states "I'll double
middle-watch with someone if you'd like.
Otherwise, I'm a fair hand at the stew pot if
you'd like me to settle the horses and throw
together a meal in the morning." This after
Mournath has collected his horse and seen to the
horses of the others if they will allow him.

            Tarek turns to Mournath, “we now have
8 that can serve sentry.  I may but doubt I will
need to.  So during day all are sentries.  From
around 6 to 6 am then we have 12 hours.  I
suggest a 2 man sentry shift.  One to be around
camp and one to be more hidden.  So 4 teams for
12 hours is 3 hour shifts.  Leaving 9 to sleep
and such.  Doing a double would be taxing for
you.  Best to keep you sharp.  As to the food sure I'm all for good stew!”

            Varo will not allow Mournath to care
for her horse, until she can observe him caring
for his own, & she's cautious about him yet, so
will observe how he cares for the horses once or
twice before allowing him to work with hers unobserved.

            She's sensitive about her mare's
training, wanting the mare to trust her above
anyone else, so wants to spend some time with the
horse daily, even though it means having to ride
away from the walkers, to either scout ahead or
behind the group near Tarek, or along the
outskirts of the general direction they are
traveling. She also feels it will help her stay
more alert for possible trouble.

                 -----------------------

         [Wildday, Death week, Storm Season,
1625, Dragon Pass, Genertela, Glorantha]
       [Time: Afternoon – North of Demark]

         [Time: 8:47 pm]

            Varo walks her sentry path, moving as
quietly as she can in the dark. The fire is about
30 feet away, so although it's pretty dark around
her, she tries not to look back directly at the
fire to avoid night blindness. She is supposed to
be the visible sentry, but she still wants to
avoid showing an obvious silhouette against the
flames, so if cover is present, she will move
among any shrubs and trees, pausing at irregular
intervals to keep her path as irregular as
possible within the area she is covering. She
might as well be smart enough to try to
discourage any sneakers-about by showing she
wasn't a complete idiot about watch duty, even if
she was visible. Besides, standing still made her feel very vulnerable.

            The night is quiet and her bow is in
her left hand, loaded & ready to be lifted and
drawn at any sound or visible movement. She looks
every few minutes back at the horses, to see if
they appear restless, or seem to sense anything.

Varo
If she hears any noise or sees movement, or even
feels something is off, she will cast Detect
Enemy before lifting her bow. She has been
praying under her breath every few minutes to
Ernalda, Earth Queen, to assist her in
maintaining Balance and Harmony. If she feels the
need to cast her spell, she will pray briefly
Holy Ernalda, grant me strength to fight chaos
and the enemies of harmony and balance,  before
using the spellword & its gesture. Then drawing
her bow, she waits to see if the spell finds
anything within range. If anything is sensed she
will turn that way and attempt to spot the enemy
to target it. Since it's night, she knows she
must not fire blindly & hit a friend, & she knows
it might take a few seconds to identify anything
she sees, or maybe hears. Caution and alertness are her best friends now.

            Razgor curses under his breath. "
Where is the sun when you need it."

            He pulls up his pants as quickly as
he can, stuffing the leafs he had picked in his
pants rather than dropping them. Damn whatever it
is, could he just have five minutes. Not even
time to clean up. This means washing his clothes
probably. Not his first love. Get that belt
fastened. Would not be good to have his pants
drop. He frantic ties his pants and does up his belt.

            Now where is his pike. Why did he not
take that to hold. A knife then at least. Damn
whatever is prowling out here.  Once he pulls a
knife out he checks to make sure he has been
spotted by whatever is out there. He thinks he
is, but if whatever it is seems to ignore him he
moves back to camp. However, if it is prowling,
observing, moving towards him, or even attacking,
calls out loudly: "Who is there. Show yourself."
Hopefully loud enough to be heard from the camp.

            He readies the best weapon he has
(probably a knife in this situation) in a
defensive stance. Then he starts to circle back
to camp if he can, facing the whatever it is he
spotted if he can and sidestepping towards the light if needed.

            Razgor realizes he did bring his
spear.  Daggers are nice to cut leaves for paper
but boars are common in forest. Having boar tusk
buried inside a naked butt is to good.  So the
spear is best to use while away from camp.  He
grabs it and studies the orange creature.  It
speaks his words to ID it and his battle skill
does tell him he needs to hit the large body
behind the orange 'head' thing.  Better
chance.  The orange head or wait a orange
tail?  The orange head seems to be to his left so he decides to move right.

            Before Razgor speaks Varo does glance
at the horses who have moves slightly more south
and seem skittish.  Varo tenses then hears the
words that are muffled to the north.  Where Razgor moved.

            The creature turns and growls
smelling Razgor and moves toward him.  He stares
at Razgor then Razgor moves forward lifting his
foot then ...lifting his foot...lifting...

            Why isn't his foot working? Wait his
fingers aren't either.  Oh great.  He feels
paralyzed and can't move but he remains standing holding his spear.

            Jaren yells, “To arms!”

            Varo casts her spell but senses
nothing either the spell failed or too far.  Yet
based on what Razgor said there has to be
something in the north.  She moves quickly that way.

         [Round 3]

            Varo and Juno being up and alert move
to the north.  But it will take a bit of time to get to Razgor.

            The creature gets within a few feet
and Razgor can see it has a orange odd face but
otherwise looks like a shaggy bear.  The creature
sniffs Razgor then knocks him down.  “Oh great
now to be eaten and can't even yell,” Razgor
thinks to himself.  The creature opens jaw and
grabs Razgor's shirt.  How nice to grip that and
not his neck.  The creature begins to drag Razgor further north.

            Varo heads north followed by Juno.

            Klorgar then Rocky follows.

            Maursk grabs a log from the fire to
use as a torch and heads north to join the others.

            Tarek sees Mournath moves but says,
“wait here.  If this is a ploy to clear the camp...”

            Mournath nods and that makes
sense.  So he watches the area as Tarek and Jarek
remain near the fire with drawn weapons.

         [Phase 6]

            The creature has dragged about 22
feet north now about 104 feet from camp.

            Varo is now 90 feet away from camp
and spots the creature dragging something.  Is that Razgor?

            Juno is about 10 feet (80 feet north
of camp) behind Varo as he closes in.

            The creature hears the new humans and
lifts his head and growls. He moves away and to a bush.

            Varo lifts and aims at the creature
as it dots into the bush.  It is dark so a
difficult shot.  The arrow hits the creature in
his left arm front leg doing 1 point.

            The others are a good 50 feet behind her.

         [Round 7]

            Varo raises her bow to fire again and
pulls the bow string back...or tries too.  She
finds herself not able to move or speak.

            Juno moves up and stares at Varo do
something!  He spots the creature and fires his
own bow.  Juno's Composite Bow hits the same
place left arm/front left leg doing 5
points.  The creature collapses losing use of
that limb for 4 points. But it recovers since have 3 other limbs.

            The creature lifts his head and growls staring at Juno.

         [Round 7]

            Varo stares and holds the bow.  But does not move yet.

            Juno grunts to Varo why isn't she
firing!? Juno aims again and fires again but misses.

            The creature growls and tries to
crawl backwards while looking at Juno.

            But nothing comes to affect Juno.  By
now Rocky, Klorgor and Murusk join the other2.

            The guide waves his torch to get a
better look.  The creature is about 25 feet to the north of them.

         [Round 8]

         GM: Actions? Comments?

             Next Update...Thursday will try if not Saturday.

         GM: So that's about 1.5 minutes of
action.  The creature is hurt but moving.  What
do you do now?  Razgor and Varo are
paralyzed.  Juno, Rocky, Klorgor and Marusk are
able to move at this point.  I don't think we
really need a map here as its just 1 creature you
believe.  Mournath if you want to ignore Tareks
suggestion you can do so.  For those approaching
Varo you will not understand situation until 1
round before maybe 1.5.  For any actions before hand

         GM: Positions:

             Varo – 24-25 feet from creature south paralyzed
             Juno – 23-26 feet from creature south
             Razgor – 4-5 feet east (to
creature's left) on ground facing up paralyzed
             Rocky, Klorgor, Marusk – 30-32 feet
from creature south of it behind Juno.
             Mournath, Tarek, Jarek – Camp – 105-110 feet south of creature.