[pnpgm] Game Update #139 - File #1048 - Venture into Lower World

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Wed Jul 29 22:23:49 CEST 2020

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess.Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Tsia.Phan.......Thief...Don.Ker............Fe..Human/Thief
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Upus............Warrior.Gerald.Ford........Ma..Normal/Barbarian Warrior
..Kimis...........Warrior.NPC................Fe..Normal/Diumgi Companion
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast

         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #139 sequence (file #1048)

            From Dorhak: [Re: Actions]
                 after we get what answers there
are to be had, the Captain has an

                 "I’m sorry, your Majesty.  But
this is my crew and I will give

            GM: Ack.  I should add Kimis to Roster as reminder.

            From Opus: [Re: Actions]
                 Opus looks to Arawn and says ,
“Kimis and I will look follow you

                 [Gm I assume Kimis will come
with us. And like we said  I can role play parts
but there are choices in combat and plot you'll make.] --
            GM: Ack.  You did fine.

            From Z'leyra: [Re: Batteries]
                 Z'leyra tries to sense if her
mana batteries are still charged or are
         empty.
            GM: Ack. No mana to cast mana
sense.  So kinda hard to sense without Sidh ability.

            From Fremea: [Re: Actions]
                 After the Red head, loud woman
says to not tell her what to do,

                 ---------------------
                 Fremea shakes her head. She
always knew she would have to come

            GM: Ack.

            From Raddok: [Re: Acton]
                 Raddok is a bit stunned &
confused about the news that the party

         [Ma 9th, 1636TH]

         [Time: Earlier during court briefing.]

            After the Red head, loud woman says
to not tell her what to do, Fremea just eyes her
a bit, shakes her head, and tells her in Sidh, "I
have no idea what you are talking about, but it
would be fine with me to not deal with you
anyway. Stop staring at me and I will be happy to leave you alone."

            Kimis returns her stare in a broken
Sidh, “As I said I was raised by your kind.  At
times..they were very...” She looks to Opus and
knows he can't understand these
words.  “Abusive.  Domineering.  Strict.  I
appreciate what they taught me but growing up for
half my life I only knew them not my kind.  I was
just not expecting you to leave the tiny mountain
ravine we lived.  According to them it was not
common.  I'm sure we'll be friends.  But it was
the initial shock and ..bad memories that came to
me.  I was a slave to their demands.”

         [Time: 1:18 pm]

            After we get what answers there are
to be had, the Captain has an order.

            "I’m sorry, your Majesty.  But this
is my crew and I will give them their orders.  I
won’t order your Bes, and leave my crew to me, if you please."

            The King stares dumbfounded for a few
moments.  The King is dressed in a light colored
Tunic and for a  Bes this is fancy aside from his
loin cloth that does little to cover his royal
assets.  Then when hand on stomach he bends back
and bellows and laughs.  “A true dwarf that feels
the air of being superior!  I like you!”  Then he
turns a bit serious.  “One must learn manners
before discretion to be a good leader.”  Then he shrugs and turns away.

            "Alright!  When we head out to search
for a way out of here, I want those still capable
of offensive magic with items or with innate
magic to be paired with someone that doesn’t have
any. Arawn and Opus, um, Kiet with me, Raddok
with Mournath, Fremea with Pyandalgor (and don’t
fly off to abandon him!), Unali with Barbosa, and
Z'leyra keeping Tsia with her."

            "I want folks to spread out.  Kiet
tells me he still has some whistles. Two he can
give out.  I want Raddok and, um, Barbosa to take
one. If you hear a whistle, go to
it.  Z’leyra!  Before anybody heads out, let the
red ones try your necklace for languages. "

            "Alright, people!  Let’s go cause some mayhem!"

            Kimis waits for translation then
grunts and speaks in her native tongue to Opus,
“I'm with you I don't care what the short-stick says.”  Then grins to Opus.

            The Bes King shrugs, “spreading out
is a tad dangerous...there are things out there
that are dangerous.  But you said its your crew...so be it.”

            Opus looks to Arawn and says, “Kimis
and I will look follow you lead. I will keep
looking for any danger and keep my bow at the ready.”

            Opus draws his bow and prepares to
take off exploring. He checks to make sure all
his gear is secure before drawing his bow. He
draws a deep breath, and says to Kimis, “Let's do
this and this beats the living hell at living at
home and look hun we got to finally see the under
world our parents warned us about.”

            Kimis says In return, “Ok Opus If we
make it thru this Lower world and can get back to
the normal World we will start a new life!  But
remember to look around and by the way try to
keep your wits and stay focused , so you can get
home with me. If you die I will kick you arse when I see you in the next life.”

            Fremea shakes her head. She always
knew she would have to come down here, though she
was always told it was not good for her.
Something about her gift could cause problems.
Well, whatever, she was sure it was a lie anyway.
So many of them were told to her and not enough real information.

            First the "king" tries to tell her
what to do and then Dorhak. She rolls her eyes at
both of them, "I will make sure Pyan is safe, but
I do much better when I can do what I do best.
Not sure splitting up is the best idea though.
And with the time difference, spending too much
here could be dangerous. I leave back to the
middle world anytime I want, though where I will
come back is unknown and how much time has past
could be a large problem also. I am unsure if I
can take anyone with me though." Thinking of how
she was not taught such things.

            Raddok is a bit stunned & confused
about the news that the party is in the Lower
World. He's heard horror stories about years lost
there, & feels the hair on his arms, legs & the
back of his neck rising in fear. “Gods above &
below, keep us safe,” he barely whispers, but
does say anything loud enough for others to hear.
His eyes look around more sharply, as if invisible things were about to attack.

            He then sees Dorhak's annoyance &
begins to realize that a few in the party might
be more aware of what might happen here –
wherever here is. He relaxes a little, and when
ordered to pair up with Mournath, moves to stand
near the sailor that helped him learn the ways of
the sea. The ring on his hand happens to flash
slightly in the light & he suddenly remembers its
presence & the partial protection he might get
from the bracelet on his other arm. He prepares
his shield & draws his mace, ready to help defend
the party, although he does not take full battle stance.

            He decides that following Dorhak's
orders would be the best thing to do right now,
especially since he realized that they all still
had new members of the party that needed to learn
how everyone worked together. All he could do was
try to help as best he could. Since he carries
the shield, he moves to Mournath's left side,
although he will move if Mournath or Dorhak ask him to.

            When hearing about the increased
aging when returning from the MW, Unali checks
the ring on her finger. The large pearl should at
least protect her somewhat from the aging effect.

            For now she keeps silent an waits
what plans are made. If there is another cave
with writing on the wall that would be an obvious
place to explore, and splitting the group in pairs does not seem a wise plan.

         The King waves the party to the cave
entrance.  As he does he goes to the side to pick
up a spear and a sack of probably food.  He wraps
the string around his waist and nods.

            Barbosa speaks up, “you said something about a key?”

            The King nods, “Yes.  The wall
implies the Coalition of Sidh and Bes came here
they needed a way to venture to the Middle World
without long travel methods. I get the impression
the Elf council revealed a great secret.  They
had such a place here nearby.  But only a few
keys were made to either access this area or use
whatever method they had.  If we have no key we may be stuck here.'

            As the party move to the entrance
they notice they have to climb over mounts of
dirt, sand, rocks and even large
boulders.  Raddok can tell this is a recent
avalanche.  The King pipes in, “Talgar one of my
best miners saw this and figure it was recent
like hours old.  Or for us maybe a month ago?
Maybe when our people first came here by mistake
it triggered something? So my guess is something
tied to that event which I am unaware of.  Maybe
the Coalition made it that way I don’t' know?”

            At the lip of the cave threshold a
world reveals itself.  But it doesn't seem all
that different.  A large forest is in front and
to the left and right for what seems like
miles.  This cave seems to be high on a hill
maybe a few hundred feet from the forest
itself.  Far In front and slightly to left are
two mountain peaks.  The top is clouded over with
a blue haze that appears to be maybe 5-6 miles
off.  But the light here is a dull twilight
bright enough for some visibility but not dark
enough to see stars.  Probably around 30-45
minutes before total darkness for a normal middle world day?

            “It has been this color since I've
been here.  We aren't sure how long a day is here
if there is a full day.  Stories tell of some
areas are in total darkness, some like here in
twilight and some have day.  Its as if region by
region .  But this is only stories.”

            Nearby 3 Bes guards stand by with
spears.  One reports, “of the 12 that ventured
out alone 4 have come back.  Your order to only
go out 5 or 6 miles is understood. The 2 that
went to the mountains one returned.  He reported
caves in the cliff and when got close noticed
signs of work like mining.  He decided to return
here.  That was one of the ones you saw inside.”

            “So 8 missing in a few hours?  You
two with me.  You stay here.  If others return
order them to pair up.  No more single
exploration.  Let them know our best bet are
those caves there.  They should head that way.”

            Two of the Bes join the King and the 3rd nods to his orders.

            As the party descends the hill toward
the fence a loud rumble is heard. Everyone looks
back to the cave except the King who keeps on moving.

            “What was that?” Barbosa asks.

            The King stops and turns
around.  “The two I sent to the tunnel you came
from?  I asked them to cave it in.  We can't
afford others coming here to be trapped.  If the
portal is blocked chances are it can't be used and any will be blocked entry.”

            Barbosa looks shocked, “you mean they ...”

            “They knew the risk and duty.  To
save many more lives they had to....remove the
timbers and make it so it'd collapse.”

            Arawn turns back to the cave aghast.

            The King ads, “good chance they are
dead.  I'm sorry but they were my two best.  They
wanted to do it.  We can go back to dig them out
but how much time would it be?  Do we have time
to spare?  If we unplugged that hole it would
defeat the purpose as well.  We are a peaceful
people.  But for the greater good we know what has to be done.”

            With that he turns back to forest and moves down the hill.

         [Time: 1:24 pm]

         GM: Actions? Comments

             Next update...Maybe Sat or...Tue/Wed

         GM: A good place to stop.  Dorhak how
far do you spread these people out? 10 feet?  100
feet? Half a mile? Or going as one group? I
assume heading to the mountains unless stated
otherwise.  That may take a few hours walking
time.  Once I figure out travel pattern we'll move on.

         GM: Groups-

            Kiet/Dorhak
            Raddok/Mournath
            Fremea/Pyan