[pnpgm] UPDATE #73 - Raddok shares what he knows about Tal-Kor

Bessie Hadley eleabess at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 14 04:20:54 CEST 2019

Raddok has been looking worried since Finn completed his summary, but didn't interrupt. He had about decided he needed to speak up when Arawn asked the group about the location of the Tal-Kor Company.

Relieved, Raddok finally decided he could speak up. "I am not sure that the Tal-Kor Company is the one involved with this. Tal-Kor was the mining company I worked for in Vahear, and only a couple of months ago. I have told some of our ventures & crew a little bit about some of my adventures there, since that is the place where we are traveling. But - I never saw slaves there in the area of the mine, although I admit that the company's employees had been removed from the area - but that was because they were families & they lived in the company town next to the mine, so they were in danger from the Kotothi creatures invading the mine."

"I can tell you that Tal-Kor has offices in Port Vahear & Innanadan, and their two mines are both located generally north of those two cities, and not far from the northern coast in both cases. Each office is responsible for its local mine. When I worked for them, I was as a fighter, but I also helped the teamsters along the road to & from the mine, as assisted, as did we all, with security watches for the group. I also provided information to them about the mine's status as we underwent our venture there. That company's mine was in excellent condition safety-wise, and they obviously had treated their working crews well, as I could tell from the abandoned supplies found in various storage areas in the mine."

"Again, I saw no evidence of slave labor - no chains or shackle rings - anywhere within that mine, and we covered every inch of it to be sure we had killed every creature there. There was, however, ample evidence that the miners had abandoned the place very quickly, as we found half-eaten food, spilled cups of drink and some personal items, as well as uncleaned tools and equipment left scattered about. Except for the lack of recent cleaning, where tools had just been dropped at work sites, the equipment had been cared for rather well overall."

"I was only one of over 20 strangers hired for that venture, including the teamsters & security team, and only met the owners once, so they probably won't remember me. But I'm willing to talk to them, if you want me to, to see if they might know of anything strange going on. But I am also a foreigner to them, so I don't know how much they might be willing to tell us, unless something is worrying them. And I don't want to gather any attention from the authorities - that would not be good for any of us."

"As far as I know, the company, owned by two partners who are former miners themselves, only have the two offices, but have a foreman's office at each mine. They spoke very seriously of bringing the proper offerings & worship to the gods that might be influenced by the humans' mines and the land's use. The one foreman I spoke to seemed above board - honest enough & concerned for his people. The owners' names are Genar Hargath and Yotan Jelatoni."

He paused. "That's all I can contribute for now. Hope it's useful." And he sat down.

Bess L. Hadley