[pnpgm] Game Update #81 - File #652 - Party departs MA'dor

Tobie Bonahoom bonahoom at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 28 08:49:55 CEST 2019

Fremea will scout ahead.

________________________________
From: pnpgm <pnpgm-bounces at list.powersandperils.org> on behalf of pnpgm <pnpgm at comcast.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2019 5:29 PM
To: pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org
Subject: [pnpgm] Game Update #81 - File #652 - Party departs MA'dor

   Character Name
Type
Player
Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Ix..............Shaman..Rachelle.Gauthier..Fe..Human/Shaman
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Maelorna........Dancer..Don.Kerr...........Fe..Human/Seductress
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Brutto..........Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #1
..Finn............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #2
..Ardrackle.......Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #3
..Zepp............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #4
..Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to
Z'leyra
..Zol.Zim.........Wolf....Npc................Ma..Zehani Wolf/Ix's Friend

        Game Web
Site - http:/nrgcomputers.com/pbem/
        Public
posts/actions to pnpgm at list.powersandperils.org (mailing list)
        Private
emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

        Game
Update #81 sequence (file #652)

        Admin
Notes: None.

   From Arawn: [Re: Actions]

        Arawn held off
tongue-lashing Velf for his insolence but, …

        "My men are
not dregs. They're the best of the best and …

   GM: Ack.

   From Raddok: [Re: Actions]

        As Arawn gathered
the others around to give his report, …

   GM: Ack. To be honest even if over burdened it won't be a
major issue due to time involved.

   From Arawn: [Re: Actions]

        "I don't
imagine we'll be taking horses as climbing will …

        [New
Stuff]

        [Ma 3rd,
1636TH]
        [Time:
11:18 am – Ma'Dor town – Vahear]

   Arawn held off tongue-lashing Velf for his insolence but,
unsure of his relative status, kept it to standing up for himself and his
men.

   "My men are not dregs. They're the best of the best and
solid replacements for Khias's choices. Khias is dead but my men have
held against sea dragons,
wyrms, mermen and pirates to get the cargo here. I take my obligations
seriously, Velf.

   I will bring them here."

   Velf as he walks waves a hand dismissively as if sea giants
are no big deal.  The arrogant Fomorian is starting to irk Kiet who
has been clenching his fists.

   Arawn decided a quick return was in order, hustling and
taking the elevator-gondola if it seemed faster.

   A man is sitting at a chair looks in his 30s.  There is
a team of 3 horses tied to ropes and a lever and pulley system.  He
eyes the group,   Then stands, “visitors?  First ride is 5
Brass per person.  After that depending on weight 9 Brass Bits.”

   Arawn considers this for a moment.  So its as fast as
the horses can drop it so might take only a minute or two.  But
using the natural path might take 6-8 minutes one way.  Payment is
taken and the group moves to the bamboo, wood and light metal cage.
Horses looks like they could take 800 pounds per so maybe 2 tons is
max?  But some doubt the cage would handle such.

   The man hooks the tree trunk sized ropes that could fasten a
ship to a dock to the pulley system.  Then using a large lever and
weights – and no warning by the man- the cage lifts and swings right over
the side of the cliff.  Now hanging a few hundred feet to the ground
the cage creaks and moans and some grit teeth.  Within another few
seconds the cage slowly descends and gets caster by the moment.

        [Time:
11:22 am – Ma'Dor town – Vahear]

   At the bottom the man seen before ascending open the cage as
it slams gruffly onto the sand.   Arawn moves briskly toward
the ship with the others.

   Once on the ship, Arawn briefs the others quickly.
"We're to meet Velf in 15 and then head out. There will be climbing
involved apparently. He's an ornery man so we should move quickly. And if
the other
dwarves wish to join and see this through now is the time. I don't think
we'll be returning to the ship anytime soon. Not unless we're willing to
ensorcell
Velf's mind."

   As Arawn gathered the others around to give his report,
Raddok asked him directly, "Arawn? Does it sound to you like we will
need horses? I'm just asking, because I'll have to leave my greatsword
behind if we're on foot. I can carry everything else I need with
me."

   He considered for a moment, rubbing his chin absently.
"Do you think they'll have wagons? He certainly gave us no
indication of waiting for anyone else than us - our ship - at this point.
But we may be going to meet one, since it sounded like several ships were
sent out for - dang, 'cargo.'"

   Raddok frowned. "I don't like this. It all sounds a bit
- underhanded - and, like - there's some big plan going on, & being
kept under wraps, even from the villagers here, perhaps? Oh, well, that's
why we're here, right?" And he grimly went to his locker to gather
his loaded backrack, quickly double-checking that everything was loaded
& ready to go, leaving only his greatsword in its sheath, & his
share of the treasure that was merely mixed valuables. He checked that
his amulet was well-tucked under his tunic until (if) needed, and that
his glove was folded away from the protective bracelet, so it would
operate properly. His ring fit nicely, if firmly, over the other glove,
and he was glad he had it.

   He joined the others, loading his backrack & shifting
his mace & shield to their 'resting' positions, the shield hooked
over  the top of his backpack, the rope & a couple other bulkier
items tied about it with leather ties. He was carrying less than 60#, a
load he was well used to handling. He knew he was capable of carrying
twice as much, but if it turned out he had to ride a horse at some point,
he did not wish to carry more, to save the horse.

   "I don't imagine we'll be taking horses as climbing
will end up being involved. But it sounded as if Velf would be gathering
the necessary supplies as only he knows what we'll need for the journey
so we'll have to wait and see. But if we need anything from the ship I
can return here to gather them. That or I can carry some of the extra
gear in my magical bags."

        [Time:
11:26 am – Ma'Dor town – Vahear]

   For the next 8-9 minutes the party gathers all the gear they
need.  Arawn keeps a internal count going so not to be late.

-----------------

        [Time:
11:18 am – Ma'Dor town – Vahear]

   Velf lumbers with his cane and and Unali watches from a side
area a smile on his face.  But in only 30 seconds or so he reaches a
vendor stall.  “Parchment! Quill!”

   A young woman in her 20s compiles and plots down both.
Velf stares at the woman.  “You can't even understand how writing
works do you?”

   The woman looks confused.

   “You expect me to write with a dry quill or should I use the
sweat that is pouring down your scalp?”

   The woman reaches under the plank platform and pulls a ink
well and uncaps it.  Velf grumbles, “how does this town even survive
a winter?”

   Velf begins to write a fast letter.  “Sealant? And
wheres that ...boy?' As he writes.

   The woman turns around to grab some box of wax and a candle
to seal the parchment.  She whistles a bit loud after that.

   Unali watches behind a garbage pile pit near a blacksmith
shop.  What ever he is writing she can't read.

   A lad around 22-23 approaches from the side.

   “If you get this one wet like last one ...you will regret
it.  You understand?”  Then he rolls the parchment into a thin
scroll.  He seals it with wax to ensure it can’t be read.

   “Yes Sir!  I'm so sorry for last time.”

   Velf turns to the boy and hands it to the lad then digs in a
pocket and tosses the woman some coins.  “If you weren't the only
boy in this forsaken village I'd be less concerned.  But we work
with ...what we have...”

   'Send it to the previous location immediately.”

   Then Velf rushes off again to the east.  Unali is
unsure what to do but the lad is tacking up a horse and may be a few
minutes.  Unali watches Velf stop briefly into the threshold of a
small shack which based on sign of a knife may be a blade shop.  He
whistles and leaves.

   Unali then watches Velf move north west toward probably the
only market. He grabs a leather bag then goes quickly from stall to stall
to buy some food and water skin.

   As he does a large man in his 40s approach.  Unali
tries to get closer to hear them talk as Velf inspects some fruit using a
tarp of a stall to being unseen by others.

   “A new ship has arrived.” Velf speaks to the man with a
large scar down his cheek and shows signs of heavy sun burn and a light
brown beard.

   “This is the 14th lot?” Scar-face speaks.

   “I don't keep track.  But I lost count after 57.
I just hope this lot is smarter than the others.  You know the
routine?”

   “Sure no problem boss.”

   “Good.  I need to head back to meet them. Give me 10
minutes?”

   “I'll count it directly.”

    Velf pays for the final travel items and looks at the
man.  “Can you count that high?  Just watch us as normal and do
your thing.”

   Velf rushes south toward the Inn he was at.

   Unali is unsure what to do now.  Follow Velf, the
messenger or the brute?

        [Time:
11:31 am – Ma'Dor town – Vahear]

   Arawn and party arrive at cage again.  The man eyes the
dwarves with the binds but only holds out his hands for the coins.
He says it will need 2 trips due to more folks that can fit in age.

        [Time:
11:35 am – Ma'Dor town – Vahear]

   Arawn watches the second group come over the cliff side in
the cage and rushes them out and rushes to the inn.

   Velf is pacing back and forth with a new bag on his
belt.  “Your about 5 minutes late!”  Arawn grits his teeth by
his count only 2 minutes at max.

   Velf ignores any reply from Arawn as he eyes Dorhak and
Barbosa.  He looks at the new party members and around.  “Just
two? Are you...” Velf rubs his temple. “This is it? Seriously?”
Velf begins to grumble his breath and curses.  He eyes Barbosa and
Dorhak.  “I hope these two are worth it or there will be hell to be
pay.  Let's go!”

   Velf leads the group toward the south end of village. “We'll
be walking. Its not far at all.”  He moves toward Arawn. “Do they
have any bit of brains?  Can they read?”

   Velf studies the party as he walks.  “Might as well
unbind them.  They'll need their hands free.  But their brains
more so.”

        [Time:
11:39 am – Ma'Dor town – Vahear]

        Actions?
Comments?

        Next
Update...Monday??

        GM: Eyes
are better.  Enough to work as best I can.  We move on.
Next update will be mine arrival.  Will try update Monday if staff
cooperates.  Gear choices will be done by next update deadline
wise.  At this point Mae and Ix are npcs left on ship. Will remove
the gear notes below on next update.

        GM: Unali
– What do you want to do?

    Fremea – I have you marked as Trailer do you help
Unali or  scout ahead for party?

        GM: Gear
info given

        [No weights
needed can be just important items – weapons/armor or a book or such but
no need to say taken spoons. :)]

        Raddok
  Given

        Pyan