[pnpgm] Game Update #80 - File #648 - velf demands cargo

pnpgm pnpgm at comcast.net
Sun Jun 23 04:34:43 CEST 2019

    Character Name   Type       Player        Sex           Notes
..Arawn...........Druid...John.Haight........Ma..Alfar/Backup Navigator
..Dorhak..........Warrior.Kevin.Newark.......Ma..Captain/Leader/Dwarf
..Fremea..........Sidh....Tobie.Bonahoom.....Fe..Faerry/Archer/Magician
..Ix..............Shaman..Rachelle.Gauthier..Fe..Human/Shaman
..Kiet............Acrobat.David.Sanders......Me..Human/Magician
..Maelorna........Dancer..Don.Kerr...........Fe..Human/Seductress
..Mournath........Sailor..Gibert.Isla........Ma..Human/Navigator
..Pyandalgor......Hunter..Panthera...........Ma..Human/Hunter
..Raddok..........Miner...Bess Hadley........Ma..Human/Miner
..Unali...........Ninja...Wout.Broere........Fe..Human/Dagger Maiden
..Z'leyra.........Healer..Alex Koponen.......Fe..Human/Shaman/1st Mate
..Barbosa.........Warrior.Npc................Ma..Dwarf/Outcast
..Brutto..........Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #1
..Finn............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #2
..Ardrackle.......Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #3
..Zepp............Sailor..Npc................Ma..Sailor #4
..Corona..........Eagle...Npc................Ma..Companion to Z'leyra
..Zol.Zim.........Wolf....Npc................Ma..Zehani Wolf/Ix's Friend

         Private emails (not public actions) to pnpgm at comcast.net

         Game Update #80 sequence (file #648)

            From Arawn: [Re: Actions]
                 Arawn was half-tempted to simply enthrall the man and

                 "They're aboard the ship. They
proved more troublesome than the

                 ------------------------

                 OOC:   Arawn will do his best to
Influence Velf to go to the ship if
necessary.  If/as they near the ship he'll
explain that there was an uprising and the
dwarves nearly succeeded in freeing themselves at
Khias and most of the crew's expense/lives.
            GM: Ack.

            From Raddok: [Re: Actions]
                 [file # was 568 for update #71;
can someone figure out where we are? - lol - not
that I often remember to use it, as you can see]

                 As Arawn tries to convince Velf
to accompany them to the ship,

                 [A belated "Happy Father's Day!" to all of you ;)
            GM: Ack. Do you mean map/town or
location in town? I think Wout's new map will
show location on island.  If town its the inn
where Velf is now.  I forgot Inn name already but
it should be in last update.

         [Ma 3rd, 1636TH]
         [Time: 11:14 am – Ma'Dor town – Vahear]

            Arawn was half-tempted to simply
enthrall the man and wondered if should have
brought Mae along. But for now he'd play along
and avoid magic on the off chance it backfired, saving that for a last resort.

            The man's threat to see the boy
assigned to a naval ship made Arawn wonder if
Velf was an officer or noble to be able to pull
that off. He continued to study the man as they
made their way downstairs, his skill as an actor
and elvish empathy working together to 'read'
him. When Velf rushed out the door, seemingly
wondering where the 'cargo' was, he followed.

            Arawn can sense no magic on the man,
at least that is seen.  He does have a nice ring
on his left hand but it seems non magical.  The
way the man moves shows he has done little hard
work but the callouses on his finger tips and yet
slick hands denote a heavy writer or
reader.  Arawn does notice a slight hunch method
to his walk as if hunched over tables for
hours.  Clearly he is showing his status in this
culture compared to the Inn owner and boy.   As
to Cargo based on talking to Fremea this is a
polite way of saying slaves.  He must be wanting to see the dwarves.

            "They're aboard the ship. They proved
more troublesome than the average dwarves. I felt
it best to leave them there for your inspection."

            As Arawn tries to convince Velf to
accompany them to the ship, Raddok offers silent
agreement to what Vashnki/Arawn is saying, simply
nodding in agreement, hands clasped together,
slightly nervously - which seems appropriate
enough to him. If Velf turns to look at him, he
tries to look apologetic & continues to nod. If
Velf looks pointedly at him, or asks, Raddok
agrees with 'Vashnki's' statement, saying, "They
surprised us, sire, & many sailors died - some
were unarmed & others jumped overboard to flee.
How those dwarves got hold of those tools they
used as weapons, we don't know. Maybe the traitor
fled - one of those who jumped ship." [if this
fits with any prepared story by the companions]

            Velf turns upon hearing Arawn and
frowns, “seriously? Are those idiots in Port
Vahear hiring the dregs to find our cargo?:  He
raises his cane.  “Look..I don't care who you are
or if your dad is in a long line of famous
Fomorian admirals.  I want to see the cargo
now.  Not on some barnacle barge here.  In front
of me.  I've waited months and will not wait longer.  Fetch them now!”

            “Boy!”  He yells to the door of
inn.  He glances at Arawn.  “Do you not
understand the words? Your feet are not moving.  Bring them here.'

            The boy lumbers out with a
backpack.  He helps strap it onto Velf's back. “I'll go fetch the -”

            “No need.  Since these men forgot to
bring the cargo here it will take them probably
10-15 minutes. I'll go to the stall you call a messenger shop.”

            Velf begins to walk forward but with
a new air of relief if not hope?  He glances at
Arawn.  “I hope they are smart not just brutes.”

            Then he lumbers away further west into the village.

            “Be back in 15 with all the gear you
may need...including climbing gear. If late I will not be pleased.”

         Actions? Comments?

         Next Update...Tuesday...

         GM: A short update.  This week has been
hectic with my eyes declining over night.  I'm
probably 60% better but still need recovery time.
So non crit stuff I am trying to avoid  But I
want to still want to get update out and to test
eyes. Thus the update.  So I've got email on
folks and gear.  Once party follows guide to mine
it will be too late deadline is over. I assume
all follow except Mae/Ix and sailors.  Wout's
Vahear map is at bottom of my site with yellow square showing Ma'dor village.

         GM: Gear info given
                 [No weights needed can be just
important items – weapons/armor or a book or such
but no need to say taken spoons. :)]

                 Raddok  Given
                 Pyan            Given
                 Arawn           None Yet
                 Dorhak  None Yet
                 Fremea  Take all gear
                 Kiet            Given semi.
                 Mournath        None Yet
                 Unali           Given
                 Z'leyra Given
                 Barbosa None Yet

         GM: Landing party roles

                 Player          Role
             Arawn               Fomorian spokesman??
             Dorhak              Prisoner
             Fremea              Scout/Trailer
             Ix          Stay on ship since npc now
             Kiet                Guard
             Mae         Stay on ship since npc now
             Mournath    Chief Sailor for Arawn's ship?
             Pyan                Guard
             Raddok              Aide to Arawn?
             Unali               Trail behind for sentry
             Z'leyra             Guard (though
female guard is unusual)/Consort?
             Barbosa             Prisoner
             Sailors             Stay on ship