[pnpgm] Update #76 - response to Arawn re slavery

Bessie Hadley eleabess at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 4 19:48:00 CEST 2019

[OOC: question sent to GM about Arawn's question, for general lack of information on P&P website - giving Raddok's best answer for the moment; this may change per GM]

Raddok considers Arawn's question, and thinks back. Finally, he shrugs his shoulders. "Slavery - I don't know. I didn't see slave markets on the streets while I was there, but I don't know how crimes are punished there.

I do know their king presides over trials in Fomoria, & I know a priest of Enki presides over trials in the colonies like Vahear, but I don't know what punishments he decides upon for what crimes. I was too busy avoiding the attention of the military and security forces, and got along okay by being polite to everyone I met. I generally met with working folk, and had no experience with the upper class. It wouldn't surprise me if some form of slavery or servitude could be a punishment for certain crimes, but again, I saw no public slave markets.

Their attitude of superiority over all others does seem to suggest that slaves might, hmm - may be, possible. But not obvious to visitors, like my friends that I made there - none of us talked about seeing slaves. And I would have remembered that, I'm sure."

Bess L. Hadley